Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #961
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Bonny, thank you for your thoughts, but please...try to phrase them more gently as your opinion and what works for you. ("you should be around 15-1800") I left another board because everyone was telling me I HAD to eat more. I tried, and ended up throwing up because this way of eating reduces my appetite so much that I just can't handle the extra food. I am happy with my calorie consumption, I have the energy I need to handle everyday life, and I realize it's not a crash diet. But if I can get the weight off quickly and safely...why not?! I have done Atkins before...I know this will work for me. My problem has been that I always thought I could slowly add breads back in. Now I know I cannot. Eventually I will add in more veggies and occasional fruits, but that's when I will adjust to maintenance. For now, I need to be strict with my food, because I have a bad addiction.
Thanks for the encouragement, also. I have so appreciated the support I have gotten from this board, and I love how people are willing to share what works for them. All we can do is evaluate possibilities and see what works for us.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #962
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
Just jo has had incredible results with doing it low calorie, so it obviously works and works well!!! Right now I am comfortable eating when I am hungry, it is usually once a day in the evening, some people like many small meals...whatever works for you!!

MG congrats!!! Such an accomplishment!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #963
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Calimom
Berta, my tracker says 1.2 carbs per fat bomb.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #964
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimom View Post
Berta, my tracker says 1.2 carbs per fat bomb.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #965
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Bonny, thank you for your thoughts, but please...try to phrase them more gently as your opinion and what works for you. ("you should be around 15-1800") I left another board because everyone was telling me I HAD to eat more. I tried, and ended up throwing up because this way of eating reduces my appetite so much that I just can't handle the extra food. I am happy with my calorie consumption, I have the energy I need to handle everyday life, and I realize it's not a crash diet. But if I can get the weight off quickly and safely...why not?! I have done Atkins before...I know this will work for me. My problem has been that I always thought I could slowly add breads back in. Now I know I cannot. Eventually I will add in more veggies and occasional fruits, but that's when I will adjust to maintenance. For now, I need to be strict with my food, because I have a bad addiction.
Thanks for the encouragement, also. I have so appreciated the support I have gotten from this board, and I love how people are willing to share what works for them. All we can do is evaluate possibilities and see what works for us.
I don't think Bonnie meant you Had to eat that much. She knows and is just trying to help.We all have to do what is best for ourselves. But 800 calories a day isn't very much. Could you maybe try eating more meat? The more fat we eat the better we loose. I still can't comprehend that but it it must be true. I find I have much more will power when I am not hungry. And it says if not hungry don't eat .So go with what your body is telling you.We are all different!

Last edited by Berta48; 04-18-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #966
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
JustJo I'm trying to stay around 800 calories. I really, really want to get this weight off quickly.
Well, I don't believe I said you HAD to eat that much but in my defense, you did ask an open board for "ideas". Your quote sounds like you're doing it on purpose to get the weight off quickly. You never said anything about getting sick so those are your words, my dear! When I used the word, "you", I meant in the sense that's the suggested amounts that would be in that range. If you want to assume otherwise there's nothing I can do when speaking thru text. Sometimes the written word is misunderstood.
I will speak the way I always have, thank you and if you're a little over-sensitive due to previous circumstances, as you mentioned, sorry but that's not on me.
I will refrain from further communications. Good luck.

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 04-18-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #967
Senior LCF Member

Feel like this is turning into Facebook
Old 04-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #968
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Friday Evening, Everybody!!

kblanken -- Oh WOW your lamb sounds so yummy!!! The garlic shouldn't be a problem, I use one clove everyday and don't count it as a carb -- never have don't know why... LOL

reptogirl -- I am your height -- never thought I'd be down to 125 either and like you I was probably in grade school when I was this tiny (5 or 6th grade?).

Bonny-Jean -- You know how we Americans are... we gotta be thinner, prettier, richer than everybody else, even if we have to lie to ourselves!!

Thanks for the kinds words, Bonny!!

Berta -- The wonderful thing about this WOE is that you can tweak it to work for you to get the results you want.

Is 25 carbs a day too many? It would be for me, I am very carb-intolerant so I can't do more than 8 carbs daily and lose weight and I wanted to lose the weight quickly, I mean who doesn't?? I averaged 2.9 lbs a week for the last 42 weeks. Just a tad more than the "recommended" 1-2 lbs per week.

What's a fat bomb and why would it have 1.2 carbs??

Here's the mayo recipe I grew up with (my Mom was French so you can imagine how we ate -- OMG was she an awesome cook!!) I didn't have American jar Mayo until I got married.

Mé Mé’s Homemade Mayonnaise

1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
Few grinds of black pepper (use white if you don’t want black specks in your mayonnaise)
3 t red wine vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard – adds flavor and helps with the emulsion (I buy Wal-mart’s brand & it works fine)
3/4 to 1 oil

In a medium bowl, mix yolk, salt and pepper together until well blended and yolk lightens in color using an electric mixer on high.

Mix in the vinegar and Dijon

While whisking constantly, drizzle in the oil very slowly. Begin with just a drop or two at a time. Once you have added about half the oil, you can add it in a very thin stream. Keep mixing the entire time you are adding the oil.

When finished, the mayonnaise will not be as thick as store bought mayonnaise. Let it sit, refrigerated, for at least half an hour. Stir and taste for seasoning.

If necessary, whisk in a pinch more salt or another teaspoon or so of vinegar. Wait before tasting because it takes a while for the salt to dissolve into all of the oil.

You can add crushed garlic once mayonnaise is finished for a wonderful dip for shrimp or a sauce for fish.

Zero carbs until you add the garlic (1 clove [0.1 oz] = 1 carbs)

betterthanever -- I looked at what you eat (even did some calculations) and like you said around 800 kcals -- I don't know how much chicken you had so I'm guessing on the # of kcals only on the foods you listed with amounts. The only thing I see that isn't Induction is the broc - it has 5.6 carbs per 1/2 cup.

I do pork rinds now because I want to increase my kcals. But I still don't do cheese or dairy.

So maybe cut out the cheese because the bacon shouldn't really be a probably unless it's like the maple syrup type bacon you know what I mean, like honey glazed ham? -- I'd do peppered bacon when I get back to eating bacon.

b, I know exactly what you mean about "can have more meat -- and I will if I NEED to." I do the same thing. If I get a craving, I am going to reach for my "legal" pork rinds and count the kcals... but know that it's still LEGAL!!

As you probably know, I started this time counting kcals (600-800 from July to Dec) and now I'm up to around 1100-1300 daily -- under the supervision of my doctor, and she was okay with it. But then I started off with no medical issues (no hbp, diabetes etc that generally affect morbidly obese people). We can tweak this WOE to work for us, to get the results we want, what works for one may not work for another. And I wanted QUICK results!!

I've had LC people online say terrible discouraging things to me about eating low kcals, and Imma thinking LOOK at my STATS, it worked for me, how dare you, you are NOT my doctor. One of the gal her goal was to lose 20 lbs (really 20 lbs? come on I can go to the loo and do 20 lbs easy...) the other had lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks she was at 265, now at 255 and couldn't figure out why she wasn't losing more -- she gave herself two cheat nights a week -- full blown cheat nights. I'm surprised she even lost the 10 lbs. Some people just don't get it...

I did research before I did low calories. I found out that people doing weight loss surgery only eat around 600 kcals after surgery for like 6-8 months. So if they can do it, I can too!!

MtherGoos -- HUGE Congrats at being at 160!!! I know what you mean about being 1/2 the woman you were!!! It really is hard to believe!!

Easter candy means nothing to me -- I don't like choc'late LOL

I have my carb glasses on and all I see is poison when I look at foods loaded with carbs!!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #969
Senior LCF Member

If they only made a Cadbury egg...well that had the nutrition of a real eggs, I would be able to do egg fasts for weeks at a time
Old 04-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #970
Senior LCF Member

Wow 2 cheat night a week, you know I say why bother, probably couldn't get back in ketosis before the next cheat!! I know sometimes I have a shake my head moment when ppl are like that why am I not losing, and their food is like a couple atkins shakes, some bars, some atkins meals...it's a shame his diet has been turned into something pathetic, if I was his family I would sue for them to change their company name.

Today made day 20 for me!! I could eat right now but nothing sounds halfway decent, everything sounds nauseating tonight, but I got some chicken thawing, trying a new recipe tomorrow, so that's something to look forward to, I think I am going to try to make the revolution rolls but will be using mayo, and then dip them in butter spiced up with some garlic , and maybe a few other spices...

Tomorrow is my weigh in day...hoping to be down something..but ugh if I'm not I'm not, I will get over it
Old 04-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #971
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
[b]
Here's the mayo recipe I grew up with (my Mom was French so you can imagine how we ate -- OMG was she an awesome cook!!) I didn't have American jar Mayo until I got married.

Easter candy means nothing to me -- I don't like chocolate LOL
JustJo - - thanks for the awesome mayo recipe - I am so on board with no processed food!! I can't even read those labels! Those weird
words need a chemistry degree to figure out!lol

I wish I never had chocolate! I have one plus - I don't like soda!!

Hope everyone sees losses!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:11 AM   #972
Major LCF Poster!

Hi MtherGoos -- Congrats at being at 160!!!

Did you do anything different??
Old 04-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #973
Senior LCF Member

Well, frustrated that I am up 1.5 lbs this morning. So, I think I'm right that something is throwing me out of ketosis. You wouldn't think it would, considering my low carbs, but there it is. I'm feeling a little more like I"m back in ketosis this morning, but I am going to cut out the bacon :-( and see if that makes a difference. I will have some yet tomorrow, in my spinach salad--along with the spinach--because other than some lamb, it will be the only thing I can eat where we're going for dinner. But then I will stay off for this week and see what happens. This week I will see if there's any low/no sugar bacon around here...maybe that is the trouble. (Sure would be nice if there was just a perfect formula we could follow, ya know!). After tomorrow I will aim for "biological zero" carbs (MG's words) for this next week.

reptogirl--love your Cadbury egg fast idea--lol!

MG--thanks for the encouragement and knowing that you don't always have that "taste" but you are still in ketosis. I don't have a lot of veggies, but this next week I will eliminate and see if that brings me back.

Bonny-Jean--sorry if I offended you with my comment. One thing I DON'T want to do is cause any friction on this thread, because everyone has been so supportive and encouraging. Please accept my apologies.

JustJo--on some of the other boards I started with, fat bombs are all the rage. People are saying the more fat you consume, the better. So they have these recipes where you can consume a lot of fat at one time, to balance out your protein so that you are eating more fat than protein. They might take coconut oil, butter, and peanut butter and mix and freeze it, possibly dipping it into dark chocolate. Or, cream cheese, butter, coconut oil, lemon juice, and sweetner and freeze. The ones I mentioned have about 60 kcal, 7g fat, .5g protein, and 1 carb. I have a few in my freezer (don't know if I will make more) which I use once in a while if I have just not eaten enough or if I'm craving something sweet (although THAT reason is one I try not to give in to).

Ok, off to make my spinach salad stuff. Dh agreed to make the lamb with spices only, no honey. So I can eat that tomorrow and avoid that ham that might be full of sugar. Then on to dig in some spring bulbs now that the snow is really gone, and repaint the mailbox. Oh, and check my shed--looks like the wind may have blown off some of the shingles I put on last summer. May need longer roofing nails. (sometimes I wonder, what's a 55 yo overweight woman doing, shingling? but I love fixing stuff)
Blessed Easter to all!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Good Morning Everyone!

Julie, the only thing I did differently is that I quit exercising. I quit losing when I started exercising, and started losing again when I stopped exercising.

ReptoGirl, they actually sold Atkins Industry for a pretty big chunk of change, so I would assume that there isn't much they can do about it.

Better, Biological Zero is what Induction is all about. Getting our bodies to switch over to fat burning mode by giving it basically no carbs. Of course there are carbs in things like eggs and cheese, but it's about as close to zero as we can get. It would be odd for the bacon to be kicking you out of ketosis, I eat it every day. Unless it's like a maple bacon or something like that.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #975
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok, off to make my spinach salad stuff.!
This is what worked for me. I did not eat vegetables for 2 days and went into ketosis. I just ate meat...and fat. My 2cents...
Old 04-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #976
Berta48

Morning Everyone
Well I made it through our dinner last night at friends.
She had sugar glazed ham. carrot salad, mashed potatoes iwth cheese, green beans with ham in it.

SOOOO I sat there and drank my coffee & water and did not partake of one single bite. Never in a million eyears would I ever believed I could do that! And I have actaully done it twice since starting LC Living

However I was up.4 this a.m. What's up with that? I do feel the need for mother nature to visit me so probably that is the problem OR when we got home last night I ate a roast beef with my Revoution roll and it was late like 100:30 p.m. Does it make a difference if you eat late at night like that? I didn't get to bed until around 12:30 p.m.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #977
Senior LCF Member

Berta-that's great you are having great self control..but please don't test yourself like that...bring something with you!!!!

I was down .4 , I would of liked more but I am so darn glad it was a loss!!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you Berta! I'm like you, I would rather just not eat and have something when I get home. Honestly, fighting cravings isn't a problem for me at this point, so I'd rather just enjoy the company and eat later. I don't think eating late is a problem as far as actually losing the weight, but it could show on the scale since you haven't really had time to process it. So it may not "look" good the next day, but it doesn't mean it actually affected your losses. If you're finding that you're having bathroom difficulties, you might try taking some magnesium every day.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #979
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Berta-that's great you are having great self control..but please don't test yourself like that...bring something with you!!!!

I was down .4 , I would of liked more but I am so darn glad it was a loss!!!!

AHHH HA so my .4 gain was your fault
Actually I had planned to take something but I ate egg salad before I left and wasn't hungry. So really it wasn't that hard and when I saw all those carbs and who ever heard of carrot salad ? We actually go to play Friday night games. I don't know why they can't just get together for that and not eat? Sometimes we do meet at restauraunts and then it is easier so you can at least order what you want.

Mther Goos

I usually drink Smooth Move Tea so I will do that tonight. But do you mean like milk of magnesium?
Old 04-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Berta- haha!!! I will try to send my next weight loss to someone else..

I love game nights!!! All my friends(I only have a couple I call friends) live out of town, so game nights are rare for me, probably why I spend so much time playing games on my ipad

Would have to say carrots would be the last thing I would miss, I like a lot of veggies, but I haven't found an orange color one I like, sweet potatos gag me, but I could seriously chow down on some Brussels sprouts, peas or some fried corn especially in the summer, but I know I don't do well with corn(it would give me symptoms like gluten) oh and onions-ppl would laugh at my onion obsession

The other night I fixed my sister spaghetti, now that was a test, smelling the sauce...my mouth was watering...I love tomato based items... Got some on my fingers I had to rush to the sink and wash it off before I forgot and tasted it

I ended up making revolutionary rolls last night with the mayo, they were decent, I am going to play around a little with ingredients today.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #981
Berta48

Quote:

I love game nights!!! All my friends(I only have a couple I call friends) live out of town, so game nights are rare for me, probably why I spend so much time playing games on my ipad

Would have to say carrots would be the last thing I would miss, I like a lot of veggies, but I haven't found an orange color one I like, sweet potatos gag me, but I could seriously chow down on some Brussels sprouts, peas or some fried corn especially in the summer, but I know I don't do well with corn(it would give me symptoms like gluten) oh and onions-ppl would laugh at my onion obsession

The other night I fixed my sister spaghetti, now that was a test, smelling the sauce...my mouth was watering...I love tomato based items... Got some on my fingers I had to rush to the sink and wash it off before I forgot and tasted it

I ended up making revolutionary rolls last night with the mayo, they were decent, I am going to play around a little with ingredients today.
OH THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT WOULD BE SO GREATLY APPRECIATED

The rev rolls help me so much i eat my egg salad on them and tuna and roast beef any time I want a sandwich. It is extremely hard for me to eat meat by itself. Getting better at it though. I am not crazy about onions unless they are grilled.I'm more of a brocooli, cauliflower,spinach,peas,green beans person

Did you add vanilla extract and coconut oil to the rev. rolls? I want to make some and add some cinnamon in the egg mixture and see how that is. Or maybe some other flavor of extract.I really like them.They aren't like bread but like said somewhere or maybe on here they are a great substitiute
And butter is good on them just by themselves......HAPPY EASTER!

Last edited by Berta48; 04-19-2014 at 01:05 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #982
Senior LCF Member

Just rereading some of Atkins' recommendations on vitamins. Do you all follow that to a T? A double multivitamin...800IU of E (boy, that seems high!), 1000mg C, and double B's?
(I feel proud that I'm taking a multi vitamin daily, along with extra magnesium and potassium).
Old 04-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #983
Berta48

Quote:

Quote:
Just rereading some of Atkins' recommendations on vitamins. Do you all follow that to a T? A double multivitamin...800IU of E (boy, that seems high!), 1000mg C, and double B's?
(I feel proud that I'm taking a multi vitamin daily, along with extra magnesium and potassium).
I just take a womens COMPLETE HEALTH over 50 multivitamin. It is Equate Brand. Generic of Centrum Silver over 50 for women.I also take fish oil, B12 Vit D3.HTH Of course that is just me!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #984
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melsie52
Stats: 195/195/140
WOE: Atkins '72
I am starting the 1972 version of Dr. Atkins book. I have a question: Do any of you eat shrimp on induction? It's one of my favorites. I did Atkins' many years ago and I have now reread the book and it is the way to go for me. Thanks for all your help.

From Melanie in beautiful Florida.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #985
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Melanie! I don't eat Seafood, just because I personally don't like it, but I don't see why you couldn't. As long as it's just shrimp, not breaded or anything like that, I would assume that it's ok.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #986
Senior LCF Member

Berta-last night was the first night I made them, very basic-I left out the sweetener as well, so it was just eggs, mayo and cream of tarter. Liked dipping them in butter, I would like to work on making an oil mixture like Johnny carinos, omgosh that would be so good.

I'm going to attempt to make a cheesy batch tonight, and once I get some more garlic powder will be working on some cheddar-garlic version yum yum - I miss that kind of stuff more than I miss sweets, but of course I've got my diet rootbeer which I think keeps my sugar craving under control

I am also fixing heroine chicken tonight-although I hate the name...it's chicken legs, parm cheese, parsley, paprika, salt n pepper I believe...I think I found it here-but it was induction friendly and I'm willing to try anything for some variety!

Better-my vitamins vary daily, I usually take 2 multiples, and a b complex, and then every few days I will take potassium, and I have a few more I will throw into the mix like panothetic acid, and l-glutathione -sometimes my body does not want vitamins in my stomach-but I always make sure to take my multiples

Melsie-rub it in, I'm a thousand miles north of you although we are starting to have some nice days again I don't like seafood either but I believe shrimp is just fine, there was one seafood dr A said to avoid but I can't remember what it was
Old 04-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #987
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsie52 View Post
I am starting the 1972 version of Dr. Atkins book. I have a question: Do any of you eat shrimp on induction? It's one of my favorites. I did Atkins' many years ago and I have now reread the book and it is the way to go for me. Thanks for all your help.

From Melanie in beautiful Florida.
Oysters, clams,mussells,scallops & pickled fish is not allowed on Induction.
All other fish is okay!The first page of this thread tells you Induction rules

Last edited by Berta48; 04-19-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #988
Berta48

Quote:
Berta-last night was the first night I made them, very basic-I left out the sweetener as well, so it was just eggs, mayo and cream of tarter. Liked dipping them in butter, I would like to work on making an oil mixture like Johnny carinos, omgosh that would be so good.

I'm going to attempt to make a cheesy batch tonight, and once I get some more garlic powder will be working on some cheddar-garlic version yum yum - I miss that kind of stuff more than I miss sweets, but of course I've got my diet rootbeer which I think keeps my sugar craving under control

I am also fixing heroine chicken tonight-although I hate the name...it's chicken legs, parm cheese, parsley, paprika, salt n pepper I believe...I think I found it here-but it was induction friendly and I'm willing to try anything for some variety!

Better-my vitamins vary daily, I usually take 2 multiples, and a b complex, and then every few days I will take potassium, and I have a few more I will throw into the mix like panothetic acid, and l-glutathione -sometimes my body does not want vitamins in my stomach-but I always make sure to take my multiples

Melsie-rub it in, I'm a thousand miles north of you although we are starting to have some nice days again I don't like seafood either but I believe shrimp is just fine, there was one seafood dr A said to avoid but I can't remember what it was
The Heroine chicken sounds yummy post the recipe please.I have another week before I try adding anything back in. We are haivng rotissiere chicken fixed here at home.My toaster oven has a rotissierrie and we love it! I am going to baste it with butter and put Rosemary on it

Speaking of hating a name..... my DH's cologne I buy him is called Opium And it's expensive too Actually it's a splash on after shave
Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsie52 View Post
Do any of you eat shrimp on induction? It's one of my favorites.
I could eat most seafood till I was sick, well not mollusks, yuck!! Wish I lived on the coast. Lobster, crab and shrimp are okay. They have to be plain, of course, no breading but boiled, bbq'd, fire-grilled and pan fried are all good. Add some butter and enjoy. Even a pound of crab is only 1 carb. 4 large shrimp is only 0.3 so you can't lose!!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #990
Senior LCF Member

Berta-here is the recipe the heroine chicken
4 lbs chicken wings
1/2 cup butter
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 T dried parsley
1 T dried oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350, cut chicken into drummettes

Combine grated cheese and seasoning

Line shallow baking pan with foil( says don't skip this step)

Melt butter, dip chicken in butter, roll into dry ingredients bake for 1 hour

Mine is gonna be a little different I don't have enough cheese and I bought drummettes to start with - on sale- and I'm not using oregano - chicken is thawed yet grrrrr so might be awhile
Closed Thread