Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #931
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
MTHERGOOS
My POST 921 I ASK IF COCONUT CRACK WOULD WORK IN IDUCTION IT IS COCONUT OIL & SWEETNER AND 1 tbs UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER? Sorry about the all caps but don't want to re type!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Down 1.2 today so dropped that .4 increase that showed up yesterday plus another .8! At least heading in the right direction.
CONGRATULATIONS KUTGW

Last edited by Berta48; 04-17-2014 at 03:49 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Good Morning EVERYONE
Happy to report I was down .8 today almost a lb.
Congratulations, Berta!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Hi everyone! Nothing to report today but staying on plan. Glad we all seem to be heading in the right direction!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #934
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Sorry I can't answer your question Berta I don't know anything about cocca powder.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #935
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Congratulations, Berta!
I am so happy I found LC WOE> I think it willbe my new lifestyle too
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Sorry I can't answer your question Berta I don't know anything about cocca powder.
That's okay someone will let me know.Thank you anyway It says on the container 3gms carb per TBS. But I don't think it is for induction so I will just wait.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-17-2014 at 06:53 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Personally I would stay away from something that had 3 grams of carbs especially during induction, I don't know if you plan on staying on induction long term like our resident experts, but I personally wouldn't use it. I haven't tried them but a lot of ppl use divinci sugar free syrups all different flavors, and even then I would be wary of them.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #937
Berta48

Quote:
Personally I would stay away from something that had 3 grams of carbs especially during induction, I don't know if you plan on staying on induction long term like our resident experts, but I personally wouldn't use it. I haven't tried them but a lot of ppl use divinci sugar free syrups all different flavors, and even then I would be wary of them.
Yes I believe you right. I am wondering about the length of induction I thought it was 2 weeks but the main pg of this thread where I printed 72 Rules out it says one week.Then you can add back carb gms 5 gm at a time until you reach your CCL. So is it one or two weeks Induction?

I am going to do LC living but I don't want to live the rest of my life not eating veggies.I can leave the bread and starches alone with no problem. I haven't eaten any bread or pasta and such for over a year as it is.

Also it has been three days today zero carbs and my ketone sticks are still negative? What brand do you use? I got mine at WalMart Pharmacy.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #938
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Calimom
Berta I make mini little fat bombs...1/2 cup coconut oil, 2 tbsp of cream, 1 tbsp cocoa, 1 tbsp Splenda. I met the coconut oil, stir in small amounts of the cream, cocoa and Splenda. I pour it into a silicone mini muffin pan. It make 12. When I need something sweet I eat one. In put the ingredients into an online recipe on the tracker I use so I can track the carbs, fat and protein. I didn't start making these until after induction.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #939
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimom View Post
Berta I make mini little fat bombs...1/2 cup coconut oil, 2 tbsp of cream, 1 tbsp cocoa, 1 tbsp Splenda. I met the coconut oil, stir in small amounts of the cream, cocoa and Splenda. I pour it into a silicone mini muffin pan. It make 12. When I need something sweet I eat one. In put the ingredients into an online recipe on the tracker I use so I can track the carbs, fat and protein. I didn't start making these until after induction.
Thanks sound yummmy I'm afraid I might not stop at one. How many carbs per bomb?

Last edited by Berta48; 04-17-2014 at 09:37 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Friday Morning, Everybody!! (Actually it really is Good Friday)

Holy Hannah -- I've lost 2 more pounds!! I have lost 1/2 of myself! Now the really HARD part begins: figuring out how many kcals and carbs I can have without gaining/losing more weight. Anyhow...

jblanken = thanks for the kind words, j! That's what we are here for, girl, to support and help each other along this journey!!

As for Easter Dinner at the MIL -- personally I would not "go off plan" for one meal. Being a yo-yo dieter my entire life (BUT no MORE), that's all I would need to toss in the towel once again! I'd bring my own legal food and watch them suck down their carbs while you're eating and knowing how great you'll look next Easter and how much fatter they got in ONE year. LOL okay, I'm evil...

SlimWithin26 -- I'd give you the same advice I just gave jblanken -- is it really worth either gaining weight or stalling and having to get yourself back where you're losing again?

Bonny-Jean = Wow different sizing in Canada, I had no idea...You need to cross over to the US and buy some clothes in sizes 4/6 you'll feel really skinny compared to your 10/12 (which is the same thing)!!

BERTA -- sorry, girl about misspelling your name!!

BIG CONGRATS on your loss!! Every pound lost is one pound closer to your personal weight goal!!!

About Induction Week 1: I've been on it since 5 July -- so that's 42 weeks as of this coming Monday. The longer you stay on Induction the more quickly you lose the weight, at least that has been my experience. And I think MtherGoos has been on it the entire time as well.

I haven't used Keto-stix since my first of many attempts to lose weight back in the late 70's. Just one more thing to stress over and if you're following this WOE correctly, you don't really need them.

Observation: You seem to want to imitate carb foods? Like desserts and breads etc? I've found in the past, at least for me, that imitating carb foods makes me crave the real ones -- I try not to spend a lot of time touching, preparing or cooking food since I am "Eating to Live and Not Living to Eat" so I'd rather go without and I have portion control issues (hence the reason for the weight problem). A lot of the imitated carb foods do have carbs -- low carbs but carbs none the less.

MtherGoos -- LOL, your daughter's right, we don't have to hide under our "tents" any more -- like I could hide 250 lbs... LOL

As for your dogs eating very well. My little old dog lost 2lbs on my diet since he isn't eating table carbs since July. He weighed in at 12 lbs last April and last week he was at 10 lbs LOL

terilynn77 -- Good for you about staying on plan!!! You described my past life, doing great for 4 or 5 days then rewarding myself with carb-crap!! Gees, how stupid could I have been. But I mended my ways and it's NOT worth it! Tweaker Geek has a wonderful quote on her signature line that I've stolen :
“Nothing Tastes as Good as Getting to my Personal Weight Goal will Feel!”

The only ham I've found that isn't cured with sugar is Oscar Mayer Deli-Fresh Ham = zero carbs and I eat it several times a week with no ill results.

reptogirl -- WOW your mom is really rocking this thing!! Tell her congrats from me!

I would avoid anything that said <1 carb gram per serving... what the heck does that mean? Is there .75 grams per serving, or .85 grams?

A quote from A '72 about # of carbs the first week:

During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.

This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears. You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours. So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.

It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.

As for mayo (which has some sugar) doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone on this LC WOE, that I've ever heard of. You can make your own without the sugar and it's pretty easy to do.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-18-2014, 03:19 AM   #941
Senior LCF Member

Berta I personally don't use the keto sticks, I didn't want to waste the money on them, but I know I am in ketosis because of the way I felt better, and I wake up every morning with a foul tasting cotton mouth. It is up to you how long you want to stay in induction, at the very least I would say 2 full weeks, the longer the better as justjo and MG are prime examples of what wonderful things can happen with long term induction.

I was just saying that even though mayo is zero grams of sugar there is sugar listed in the ingredients, same as the ham we have...

Yeah mom is doing awesome, better than me and we eat the exact same foods, I am apparently a slower loser than her although I am younger and have 80 pounds on her. Tomorrow is my weigh in day although I have been bad and peaked , I am holding pretty much at what my weight was 5 days ago. Just means by body is busy doing some internal stuff, like fat cells filling up with water and I know it will eventually show up on scale
Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 AM   #942
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah mom is doing awesome, better than me and we eat the exact same foods, I am apparently a slower loser than her although I am younger and have 80 pounds on her. Tomorrow is my weigh in day although I have been bad and peaked , I am holding pretty much at what my weight was 5 days ago. Just means by body is busy doing some internal stuff, like fat cells filling up with water and I know it will eventually show up on scale
Hey Reptogirl -- your mom is probably not having that TOM any more. I found that since I haven't had one in 2 years, I don't have the problem losing weight like I tried to do before. I'd have like 10 days a month where I'd gain weight or stall because of the hormones. But since I knew I was eating clean, I would lose after those 10 days. It's a price we pay for being women! This time around, no stalls or weight gain. So hang in there, you'll get the results you want!!! I'm cheering you on!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-18-2014, 04:17 AM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Yeah it could be something like that for sure, my actual TOM of month was the first week I was on plan and still managed a loss, before I went gluten free I would easily shoot up 10 pounds and be on plan, sad thing was it would take me another week or so to lose it, so maybe my body is in whatever stage that is stubborn Ha!

And I forgot to mention WOW!! Half your body weight-that is so incredible!!!!
Did you think when you started in July that you would of acheived the results that you have?
For me a joyous day will be a 299 on the scale, when that day comes you will probably be hearing me all the way in New Mexico
Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 AM   #944
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah it could be something like that for sure, my actual TOM of month was the first week I was on plan and still managed a loss, before I went gluten free I would easily shoot up 10 pounds and be on plan, sad thing was it would take me another week or so to lose it, so maybe my body is in whatever stage that is stubborn Ha!

And I forgot to mention WOW!! Half your body weight-that is so incredible!!!!
Did you think when you started in July that you would of acheived the results that you have?
For me a joyous day will be a 299 on the scale, when that day comes you will probably be hearing me all the way in New Mexico
Thanks for the WOW! Actually, reptogirl, I was shooting for 150 (100lb loss). The lowest I've ever weighed as an adult was 155 -- the most 293 (right before I got divorced - I was so miserable!!). Then I was looking up BMI and said heck, I can get down to 145 and be "normal" according to that. Actually it's like 108-145 so I'm "normal"!

You'll reach your goal -- I have faith in you and your ability to achieve this as long as you follow the plan -- remember attitude is everything!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimom View Post
Calimon - I sometimes do this too, not everyday... They are good. I use the eryth.. sugar alcohol instead of splenda...
Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #946
Senior LCF Member

DNW today, taking a break from scale, I am on plan however.
Got quite a few springtime activities to do this weekend.
One good thing is my 15 year old wants to start jogging with me
every other day and I am happy about this so shooting for
a start on Saturday..

Hope every one has a great weekend!

Last edited by jblanken; 04-18-2014 at 05:26 AM..
Old 04-18-2014, 05:27 AM   #947
Senior LCF Member

You guys are doing great with your losses KUTGW ! ! !
Old 04-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #948
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
DNW today, taking a break from scale, I am on plan however.
Got quite a few springtime activities to do this weekend.
One good thing is my 15 year old wants to start jogging with me
every other day and I am happy about this so shooting for
a start on Saturday..

Hope every one has a great weekend!
Took me a moment to figure out what DNW meant. As long as your on plan, then you'll see results! I think that's awesome that your 15yo is going to jog with you -- how cool is that? You'll have to let us know how your jog went!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 AM   #949
Senior LCF Member

I am making this on the weekend... It can be frozen as well. I plan to rollout like a sausage and slice thin to eat. Its gyro recipe from Alton Brown(food network). I will either cut the onion/garlic down or just use some powder because I conserve on carbs as much as possible

Ingredients
1 medium onion, finely chopped or shredded
2 pounds ground lamb
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried marjoram
1 tablespoon dried ground rosemary
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Plan on using my rotisserie to cook...
Old 04-18-2014, 06:02 AM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Just jo you must be around my height, I think last time I looked for healthy weight range it was right in there I am only 5'4, makes it rough to find clothes even the petites are too long by the time I find one that fits, my friend weighed 100 pounds more than me and her clothes were too small because she was so much taller than me. I probably weighed 125 in 4th or 5th grade...I couldn't imagine weighing that now!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #951
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /152 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Bonny-Jean = Wow different sizing in Canada, I had no idea...You need to cross over to the US and buy some clothes in sizes 4/6 you'll feel really skinny compared to your 10/12 (which is the same thing)!!
Isn't that crazy??? No wonder everyone thinks the Cdn's are all covered in winter fat!! LOL. It's a little disappointing to be slim and still wearing a 8/10!
Even our tiniest girls rarely get past a 3/4! I have never in my life met a size 0 person. Well, maybe our 6 yr olds might be close. LOL.
BTW: Congrats on your amazing journey and the support you offer so many.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #952
Berta48

Quote:

Holy Hannah -- I've lost 2 more pounds!! I have lost 1/2 of myself! Now the really HARD part begins: figuring out how many kcals and carbs I can have without gaining/losing more weight. Anyhow...

jblanken = thanks for the kind words, j! That's what we are here for, girl, to support and help each other along this journey!!

As for Easter Dinner at the MIL -- personally I would not "go off plan" for one meal. Being a yo-yo dieter my entire life (BUT no MORE), that's all I would need to toss in the towel once again! I'd bring my own legal food and watch them suck down their carbs while you're eating and knowing how great you'll look next Easter and how much fatter they got in ONE year. LOL okay, I'm evil...

SlimWithin26 -- I'd give you the same advice I just gave jblanken -- is it really worth either gaining weight or stalling and having to get yourself back where you're losing again?

BIG CONGRATS on your loss!! Every pound lost is one pound closer to your personal weight goal!!!

About Induction Week 1: I've been on it since 5 July -- so that's 42 weeks as of this coming Monday. The longer you stay on Induction the more quickly you lose the weight, at least that has been my experience. And I think MtherGoos has been on it the entire time as well.

I haven't used Keto-stix since my first of many attempts to lose weight back in the late 70's. Just one more thing to stress over and if you're following this WOE correctly, you don't really need them.

Observation: You seem to want to imitate carb foods? Like desserts and breads etc? I've found in the past, at least for me, that imitating carb foods makes me crave the real ones -- I try not to spend a lot of time touching, preparing or cooking food since I am "Eating to Live and Not Living to Eat" so I'd rather go without and I have portion control issues (hence the reason for the weight problem). A lot of the imitated carb foods do have carbs -- low carbs but carbs none the less.

MtherGoos -- LOL, your daughter's right, we don't have to hide under our "tents" any more -- like I could hide 250 lbs... LOL

As for your dogs eating very well. My little old dog lost 2lbs on my diet since he isn't eating table carbs since July. He weighed in at 12 lbs last April and last week he was at 10 lbs LOL

terilynn77 -- Good for you about staying on plan!!! You described my past life, doing great for 4 or 5 days then rewarding myself with carb-crap!! Gees, how stupid could I have been. But I mended my ways and it's NOT worth it! Tweaker Geek has a wonderful quote on her signature line that I've stolen :

The only ham I've found that isn't cured with sugar is Oscar Mayer Deli-Fresh Ham = zero carbs and I eat it several times a week with no ill results.

reptogirl -- WOW your mom is really rocking this thing!! Tell her congrats from me!

I would avoid anything that said <1 carb gram per serving... what the heck does that mean? Is there .75 grams per serving, or .85 grams?

During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.

This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears. You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours. So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.

It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.

As for mayo (which has some sugar) doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone on this LC WOE, that I've ever heard of. You can make your own without the sugar and it's pretty easy to do.

“This WOE is not a diet,
Morning JustJO
I don't have to have imitation things but if I can and still loose why not? I make the rev rolls with eggs,mayo & coconut oil.So they are zero carbs.I use ezsweet which is liquid sucralose and it is zero carbs too. I plan on staying at 20 carbs or maybe 25 for a looong time. But now for these two weeks I am doing zero carbs. I want to add in a few lc veggies and maybe some berries but that's all I plan on right now. Does that sound okay 25 carbs a day at the MAX?

I am one that likes variety and I know if I only ate meat it would not be long and I would go off of it! I enjoy going out to eat having a steak & salad with a side of veggies,like green beans or brocolli. I don't have to have bread or sugar as I Have diabetes 2 and am use to not eating those any way.

Do you have a recipe for Mayo? I would like to have it if you do please. And no worries about the name

I was down .4 again today so slowly but surely it is working for me.
Congratulations on losing half of you that is amazing.

Repto I'm happy to hear I don't need the keto sticks I was going to buy another kind but they do cost alot. Especially when you are on SS my income is limited. My husband and myself both have to still work in order to make ends meet, and we don't spend on unnecessary things hardly ever. He's 73 & I'm 66 in AUG.. Kinda sad the conditon our world is in isnt that old people still have to work By they way I am 5"4 too.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-18-2014 at 08:39 AM..
Old 04-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #953
Major LCF Poster!

Berta: The above post is exactly what we're talking about. Of course we never asked you to not "quote"... what we asked is that when you choose to use the "quote" option, you put your cursor into the quote and DELETE all text that you are NOT replying to. That's it!! JustJo replied to 7 different people and you copied the ENTIRE thing to reply to 2 people. You can easily remove all text except for the 2 you wanted to converse with. Everytime you post something we're reading the same previous posts over and over again.
This is not meant to hurt your feelings or anything like that. It's just a little daunting. So now you know exactly what we're saying and exactly how to clean up quotes. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #954
Berta48

Quote:

“This WOE is not a diet,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Berta: The above post is exactly what we're talking about. Of course we never asked you to not "quote"... what we asked is that when you choose to use the "quote" option, you put your cursor into the quote and DELETE all text that you are NOT replying to. That's it!! JustJo replied to 7 different people and you copied the ENTIRE thing to reply to 2 people. You can easily remove all text except for the 2 you wanted to converse with. Everytime you post something we're reading the same previous posts over and over again.
This is not meant to hurt your feelings or anything like that. It's just a little daunting. So now you know exactly what we're saying and exactly how to clean up quotes. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
I aim to please
Old 04-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #955
Major LCF Poster!

FUNNY!!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #956
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/206/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Feeling FRUSTRATED. The last few days, I have woken up without that awful (but hopeful) taste of ketosis. I looked over my menu, and I've been at 2-4 carbs a day. How can this be? I know I had a generic diet soda Monday. And I've been having Oscar Mayer bacon the last few days, 3 pieces usually. Could that be doing it, the sugar in the bacon? It says 0 carbs, but maybe ... I don't know what to think. Here's what I eat:
3 eggs with 1 slice cheddar in 1t coconut oil.
3 slices bacon
1-2 oz cheese curds
Dinner might be a piece of chicken, or just the above cheese curds with 1/2 oz pork rinds. Or a Piece of salmon with 1/2 c. broccoli
I drink tea or flavored water, and add liquid sucralose to the tea.
Even if I add up hidden carbs I've gotta be less than 10 carbs.

Any ideas??
Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #957
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Feeling FRUSTRATED. The last few days, I have woken up without that awful (but hopeful) taste of ketosis. I looked over my menu, and I've been at 2-4 carbs a day. How can this be? I know I had a generic diet soda Monday. And I've been having Oscar Mayer bacon the last few days, 3 pieces usually. Could that be doing it, the sugar in the bacon? It says 0 carbs, but maybe ... I don't know what to think. Here's what I eat:
3 slices bacon
1-2 oz cheese curds
Dinner might be a piece of chicken, or just the above cheese curds with 1/2 oz pork rinds. Or a Piece of salmon with 1/2 c. broccoli

Any ideas??
I honestly don't know Lauri. But I am thinking that is a good sign not bad. I am new and still learning,more every day. Someone will be along and give you some advice that has been doing this longer than me.
Sorry I wasn't much help friend
Old 04-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #958
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
I don't know what to think. Here's what I eat:
3 slices bacon
1-2 oz cheese curds
betterthanever - - if it was me, I wouldn't be in ketosis on the cheese or the pork rinds ....my 2cents... good luck!! you'll find your way, we are all different but are here to help...
Old 04-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #959
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/206/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
JustJo said "What do you mean by your allotment? You can eat anything that's carb free... have that extra piece of protein or two. Take a bag of pork rinds and snack."

Jo, I'm trying to stay around 800 calories. I really, really want to get this weight off quickly, and I know you and MG have had such success. So I'm trying to follow suit, tweaking it to what I am comfortable with. So I planned on having my spinach salad and some meat for dinner. But, I know as I sit there with others continuing to eat around me, I'm going to want to eat more. In one way, I know I can have more meat--and I will, if I NEED to. But I'm also trying to NOT eat just for social reasons, and that's what I'm struggling with. Does that make sense?

jblanken: I've been having 1/2 oz of pork rinds occasionally the past 6 weeks, and it hasn't bothered me. Same with occasional cheese curds. The only thing new is the bacon.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #960
Major LCF Poster!

betterthanever: IMHO, you're calories are way too low!! You should be around 15-1800. I'm so not kidding. Forget all the stuff we've been told over the last 30 yrs. Atkins induction, specifically the 1972 version says to forget about calories until you get near a reasonable goal. A big part of this is your head!! You have decide what you want regardless of what others are doing or eating around you!! Going out can be difficult but not impossible. If not, take a little something from home. This is what it is and OMG, I can't tell you how much patience is required. If you really want this, and I mean really, you will learn that this isn't a crash diet and I guarantee it will NOT be rushed. It is a long term change in the way we eat. It's sad yes, but again, it works if you want it to work and IT IS A LOT OF WORK!!! Hang in there and just worry about one day at a time. We'll be here for you for anything you need and happy to help as we've all been thru the pain and frustration trying to better our lives and health with this wonderful WOE!!
Closed Thread