Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Down 1.2 today so dropped that .4 increase that showed up yesterday plus another .8! At least heading in the right direction.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #902
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Down 1.2 today so dropped that .4 increase that showed up yesterday plus another .8! At least heading in the right direction.
Congratulations!!!! KUTGW
Old 04-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #903
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
Way to go tweaker!!!!

Berta-I was a coffee drinker, nothing I loved better when I woke up was some coffee with flavored creamer and sweet n low..

I now drink it black, not the same and now I am going days without drinking it. We just got a kerig for Christmas, the green mountain coffees even the flavored are all sugar free zero carb and gluten free, but I can't really taste the flavors,

I looked at the sugar free coffee creamers tonight, the 3rd ingredient listed was corn syrup...I hate how companies can get away with this..

Okay if you want a decendent dessert this is it, 1 tablespoon of HWC which is basically all you are allowed a day and some diet rootbeer,,i swear it is just like a root beer float, I wanted to find mom something she could enjoy on her birthday tomorrow (well today it's after midnight here) it foams up like a real float and the more u stir the more it foams we had one tonight, it is induction friendly and amazing, and probably something we will be enjoying often, I also read you can use the diet orange to make a creamsicle float, or any diet soda really...I did find some soda I wanted to try its jones which I love anyways, but I refused to spend over 5 dollars for 4 bottles, but it was diet vanilla bean, maybe that with the hwc would be similar to a vanilla bean frap from Starbucks....?????? I don't know who thought of mixing diet soda and hwc but wow genius!!!!!!

We also found some zero carb zero sugar ham(well they use some sugar in curing same with bacon) it is called kentucky legend, I was able to taste a huge difference between this and the last ham we bought that had like 2 grams of sugar per serving..mom baked it and I made us omelettes for dinner, great dinner for sure.

I had a couple of really lousy days with no energy and all I did was sleep, but I am feeling so much better now
Old 04-17-2014, 12:01 AM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Butter question???

So land of lakes was on sale -ingredients said sweet cream..threw it down and bought the Kroger brand which cost more but was made with cream

Sweet cream....what's the difference..is there a difference?
Old 04-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #905
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MZM
Hello everyone!
Ive just scanned through some of the new posts...u guys r doing awesome:-)
Me, ive been going thru a rough spot with the whole diet thing...i just ditched everything for four,five days n ate bread butter jam frozen yogurt, n my personal nemesis, rice,.. Feel guilty now...ofcourse i knew id feel terrible later but at tht time i had a thousand excuses...anyways, m back on track since yestrtday...
So..here s the perplexing part: my wt has remained at 69kgd, n infact it keeps oscillating btwn 68 n 69 kgs.. I dont understand why its simply stuck whether i eat off course or on. Should i lower my net carbs to 10, or wat?
When i was not eating according to plan, i noticed a few changes: i couldnt eat as much as i used to, n i litetally felt uncomfortable..n also, things tasted a bit different...sort of like my palate has lost taste for, say, pasta or rice..i had some, but halfway thru the meal it felt like i ws eating cardboard.

Next weigh-in after 10days..

Best of luck to everyone
Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 AM   #906
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Thursday Morning, Everybody!!

MtherGoos -- You are so correct MG, I never saw myself either at 250lbs in size 24 jeans and 3X or 4X shirts and like you said, if I did, I'd probably have done something about it long ago.

It's very shocking to go to the store and buy "normal" size people clothing. During Spring Break in Phoenix, my DD says Mama, you don't have to cover up any more, you can wear more form fitting clothing cause you look amazing! *Gosh I love that kid!!* So she took me out shopping in the jr. miss dept and I'm wear 5 in jr. Yeah, I don't see myself there either. Strange...

Betha48 -- Hey Bertha!! Welcome to the LC WOE Party!!! Huge Congrats on your 2 lbs!!

jblanken -- Congrats on the loss!! You are rockin' this thing.

Bonny-Jean -- Holy Hannah girl, don't ever say never! I was going be happy at 150 lbs & a size 12/14!! You can do anything you set your mind to -- none of us have to settle for anything less than what we WANT! I'm over here cheering you on!!

betterthanever -- I feel your pain about sitting around watching other people eat. I do that at work, well no, I don't go to the teachers' lounge any more at lunch cause I don't want to watch them eat all those carbs. So I grab my diet soda, tie on my tennis shoes and hit the track for lunch.

What do you mean by your allotment? You can eat anything that's carb free... have that extra piece of protein or two. Take a bag of pork rinds and snack.

Tweaker Geek -- Congrats on the 1.2 lbs loss!! Every pound lost is one pound closer to your personal weight goal!!

reptogirl -- I'm so glad you are feeling better today! Sweet cream butter, did you look at the ingredient list? If it's 100% butter, it shouldn't have any carbs, period.

I haven't done "desserts" since I started this back in July. To me, dessert is what "Fat" Jo ate and since I have poor portion and self-control issues, I don't want to be tempted, just not worth it to me. The less I think about food or touch it or prepare it, the better off I am.

MZM -- Hey M, sorry about you falling off the LC WOE wagon!! We are not QUITTERS -- we're like the energizer bunny, in that we keep trying and trying and trying!

Most of us here are doing A'72 so we count actual carbs not net carbs and probably doing less than 15 daily carbs. I only do 8 carbs, so I can't help you with the net carb thing... sorry!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

Have a Thankful Thursday everyone!!

Jo =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 AM   #907
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
[b]
It's very shocking to go to the store and buy "normal" size people clothing. During Spring Break in Phoenix, my DD says Mama, you don't have to cover up any more, you can wear more form fitting clothing cause you look amazing! *Gosh I love that kid!!* So she took me out shopping in the jr. miss dept and I'm wear 5 in jr. Yeah, I don't see myself there either. Strange...

jblanken -- Congrats on the loss!! You are rockin' this thing.
Just Jo - congrats on your loses and the shopping trip sounds like a bunch of
fun!! The new you and you've earned it so enjoy!!

Thanks for all your encouragement Just Jo!!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #908
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
[b]Bonny-Jean -- Holy Hannah girl, don't ever say never! I was going be happy at 150 lbs & a size 12/14!! You can do anything you set your mind to -- none of us have to settle for anything less than what we WANT! I'm over here cheering you on!!
Well, thank you so much. I just meant our Cdn sizing has higher numbers than other countries. When I weighed 128 at 5'4", I was wearing a size 12!!
Tops were a 10 but somewhere else, I might have been in a 3/4!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #909
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone - thanks for all the good advise and encouragement. I glean encouragement from you just by reading how well you are doing...

Any advise will be appreciated for Easter at MIL. The whole family is obese and on the standard low fat and high carb diet. I was asked to bring fruit and some other carb. MIL will serve ham with sugar glaze. Should I just go off plan for one meal? I really just want to call out sick.... Maybe I should take a stash of bacon in a bag and eat that when I get tempted....hmmm

Julie
Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #910
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/281.8/253.4/199
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: March 16, 2014
Good morning. I need some advice. I am on Day 4 of Meat and Egg Fast (almost just like Atkins 72 I'd say). Its going pretty well but I want break the fast on Sunday for Easter, but I don’t want to gain all the weight back. And going forward, I plan to keep eating only meat and eggs, but would like to add a baked potato or mashed potatoes once or twice a week.

Does anyone have any advice on how to add starch (potato) without gaining the weight back? And by eating potatoes, will I still be able to lose weight consistently (hoping for 3lbs a week)

Thanks in advance.

[COLOR=Purple]SlimWithin26[/COLOR]
Old 04-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #911
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Calimom
Jblanken, can you bring deviled eggs??? That would be a good alternative.

Will there be a green salad? Could you bring one? Bring some bacon and cheese to put on it? Bring some homemade low carb ranch? Google homemade ranch mix. I use one that I found on the web and then make it with mayo and heavy cream. Low carb ranch!

My other suggestion would be to eat before you go so you aren't starving when you get there.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #912
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimom View Post
Jblanken, can you bring deviled eggs??? That would be a good alternative.
Will there be a green salad?
Thanks Calimon!!!
Deviled eggs sounds yummy!
I may bring the green salad - - good ideas....

SlimWithin26 - this would be a cheat day/meal (and I always gain weight - between 2-5 pounds & it takes me a week to get off). I also had carb flu the last time, not something I want to go through every week...

Good luck, maybe you will be different, we all are......
Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #913
Berta48

Good Morning EVERYONE
Happy to report I was down .8 today almost a lb.
I started out one week ago today and I was doing the Atkins New YOU Plan I found online but was gaining in fact 3lbs!

Then I found Bonnie Jean & Mthr goos And they straightened me out OH YES and I mustn't forget James Thee were others but names slip my mind ( Senior Moments often ya know)
Anyway started the 72 plan yesterday and I am down 2.8 today total!!

JL
Could you just take your own slice of ham with you? Or ask them to cut some off for you before adding the sugar glaze? The deviled eggs and salad was really a great idea too.We are going to friends for dinner tonight and she is having ham I never thought of ham having sugar on it?Geeze I may just have eat salad too!

JustJO
Not that it makes all that much difference m=but my nickname is BERTA not Bertha Roberta is my name so hence Berta

Slim within have you tried the cauliflower mash recipe?I can't really give you adivce on oyur answer as I am new to this WOE> in fact today is my second day on 72 so I am just a newbie! I'm sure someone will have an answer for you though!

MZM Hello hope you are having a good day so far.My breakfast is cooking SF Hormel Sausage & bacon & eggs

Repto I owuld look at the ingredients on each I think they both would be okay but maybe not?The recipes sound delicious.I may have to try some of them. We have a Kurig also my favorite is Butter Toffee & Rasberry or Coconut cream!

I love the Revolution (OOPSIE) rolls with mayo instead of cream cheese and today I am going ot try them with Cocnut oil. You substitute the 3oz of cream cheese for 3TBS of Mayo or Coconut oil. I like them for sandwiches or as a snack with butter.I add a bit of SF vanilla extract to and that helps the flavor.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-17-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Good Morning EVERYONE
Happy to report I was down .8 today almost a lb.
Excellent Berta - -

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. !!!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Good Morning!

Julie, I would definitely just take dishes that you can share. Make a couple of things that you can eat and stay on plan, and just take enough to share. If she's making a ham that's covered in sugar, maybe you can make a small turkey that's just based in butter. Deviled eggs, chef salad, things like that. Then you can totally stay on plan, but you won't really be eating any differently than anyone else.

SlimWithin, honestly, no. Eating Atkins 72 style doesn't include a cheat day, or cheat meal. Dr Atkins says that even one bite of something can throw you off track. So if you're eating a potato once a week, it may take you several days to recover from that, and you may be undermining your own efforts. I can't imagine you will be able to lose 3 pounds a week without being very consistent. Then again, we're all different, but I personally wouldn't recommend eating it.

Berta, Nice drop! You're definitely getting the hang of things!

Jo, my daughter did the same thing to me! I tend to like the loose, flowy, peasant style blouses, and the last time we went shopping, she kept telling me, "Mom, you can't wear those any more! You're not trying to hide your shape any more!" LOL

PaleoGuy, where are you?????
Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #916
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
my daughter did the same thing to me! I tend to like the loose, flowy, peasant style blouses, and the last time we went shopping, she kept telling me, "Mom, you can't wear those any more! You're not trying to hide your shape any more!" LOL
Ah, sweet baby girl!!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #917
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terilynn77
Stats: 307/228/150
WOE: Atkins 72 ~ NK
Start Date: 2/10/14
Hi all!

I completely agree...cheat meals/days or even a small bite will throw you off track! Take it from me....every 5 days I tell myself I'm doing so good, that I deserve this bite of potatoes, or this tiny piece of candy or whatever other carb/junk/poison and bam! It puts me back to day 1!! It's very frustrating!

I need to print out a quote that I read on pinterest (another addiction of mine...sigh..) "If you are tired of starting over, then stop giving up" or pretty close to that!!

Last weekend my mil had a litte family get together and I made deviled eggs, and brought shrimp. Ended up staying on track that night. I plan on doing the same for Easter this sunday. But maybe I'll look for something other than ham. I thought all ham was cured with sugar? Maybe that's not the case?? I like the turkey idea!

Onwards!!

Teri
Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Teri, I think you're right, most hams are cured with sugar. It's hard to find one that isn't. If a turkey is too big, even a roasted chicken would be good!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #919
Berta48

I found a recipe for coconut crack! Would it be okay for induction when wanting something sweet?

2tbs coconut oil and 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder& sweetner to taste...
Mix together and spread on parchment paper and let set in fridge until hard?
Old 04-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #920
Senior LCF Member

Teri-look for Kentucky legend ham(still cured with sugAr same as bacon) but it's a smaller amount because it's under 1 gram per serving(listed as zero)which unless you are making your own mayo it has sugar in it too...also you should add that quote to your signature it's a good one.

Mom hit a new low again, 247.2 14.2 pounds gone!!!! Woohoo!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #921
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
(still cured with sugAr same as bacon)
That's a good loss - congrats!!

Has anyone tried the uncured bacon?

Thanks everyone for all the great advice!!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #922
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
That's a good loss - congrats!!

Has anyone tried the uncured bacon?

Thanks everyone for all the great advice!!
I buy Oscar Myer uncured bacon with no msg,nitrites or nitrates we LOVE IT
Old 04-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bought some of the uncured bacon from Trader Joes recently, but I didn't really notice a difference. I usually just buy the Wrights bacon, or get it from the butcher when they have it on sale.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #924
Major LCF Poster!

You didn't find the uncured bacon kind of tasteless? I got ham once that wasn't cured and it tasted the same as pork steak?? That's great if it tastes as good or even almost as good, just think of all the crap you're avoiding!!! I wonder where I could find it here?? I've been to all our large grocers and there's nothing like that??
Old 04-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #925
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Meat can be smoked OR cured, smoke cured, or just smoked.
If it just says smoked, you have flavor and not necessarily added salt or sugar.
But I think the salt is what makes bacon taste like bacon. :-)
Old 04-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, you know, I just bought the ends and pieces to see if I liked it, not the whole pieces, so I might have noticed the blandness if I was eating the whole pieces. Plus, you know me, I was eating the fat off and giving the dogs the meat part of it.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

YUCK!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #928
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, you know, I just bought the ends and pieces to see if I liked it, not the whole pieces, so I might have noticed the blandness if I was eating the whole pieces. Plus, you know me, I was eating the fat off and giving the dogs the meat part of it.
My dogs want to come visit your dogs!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GliderGirl, my dogs eat VERY well! LOL Every night, I eat most of the fat off of whatever piece of meat I'm having, and they get most of the rest of it. They LOVE dinner time! LOL
Old 04-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #930
Berta48

MTHERGOOS
My POST 921 I ASK IF COCONUT CRACK WOULD WORK IN IDUCTION IT IS COCONUT OIL & SWEETNER AND 1 tbs UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER? Sorry about the all caps but don't want to re type!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
CONGRATULATIONS KUTGW

Last edited by Berta48; 04-17-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Closed Thread