Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 02:02 AM   #871
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Tuesday Morning Everybody!

reptogirl -- HUGE CONGRATS on the 2 lbs and the total of 11 lbs in 15 days -- you are really rockin' this!!

Sorry you are feeling unwell and that the weather is bad.

You could try taking the cheese out for several weeks to see how that makes you feel. It would take that long to really gauge your body's reaction to it. I took cheese out because it stalls me and makes me crave carbs and I have self-control issues and can't just have 4 oz and... LOL

Tweaker Geek -- Good to see your inspirational quote on your signature line. I wrote it on a 3X5 card and have it on my frig now but I "tweaked" it a bit to fit my current situation:

“Nothing Tastes as Good as Staying at my Personal Weight Goal Feels!”

Wow 3 lbs in a week is amazing -- funny how we wanna lose all the weight instantly (hence the reason all those loss weight shams make billions yearly), but truly that's GREAT!!! Every pound lost is one pound closer to your personal weight goal!!! And you are absolutely correct, if you're eating clean -- you will see results!! Imma over here cheering you on!!!

betterthanever -- You can also bake them like MG says and then the last few mins put them under the broiler but watch 'em like a hawk or they will burn!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jo =]

center] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
[/center]

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 03:59 AM   #872
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I think as far as portion control I am doing good with cheese , I wasn't for sure how I would do, because I really like cheese and I find myself going days without any, and rarely do I hit the 4oz limit, it is something to consider, I don't know if I could do it yet mentally lol, hey I have to say I am so glad cottage cheese isn't allowed, I seriously can eat a container of it, if I was able to choose between cottage cheese and ice cream I prefer the cottage cheese, so I'm so glad it's not even an option lol!!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Okay so I am trying a recipe sorta, loosely based on Linda sues website for bacon cheeseburger quiche, only we had no bacon, and I omitted the onion and heavy cream, I melted some butter into a glass baking pan, then put browned ground beef that I threw a little seasoning into (out of a lot of ones I would of liked to use,) so I just guessed(yikes) put cheese on top of that, I don't have a shredder so I just cut into thin strips, then I took a egg, mayo, cheese mixture and poured on top of that, it's 72 friendly..let's hope it is mouth friendly, have got to get to store, out of eggs, cheese, and rootbeer..probably other things as well...so cold here today I don't want to leave the house. I have been scouring the internet looking at induction friendly receives and then trying to find the ones that are 72 induction friendly or ones that I think I have a chance on making 72
Old 04-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
That sounds pretty good! How could it not come out great, everything in it is yummy!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #875
Senior LCF Member

It ended up being delicious, oh I forgot to mention I did add pepper rings (12 of them equal under one carb,) I only had 3 in the jar and that was for the whole dish, but those bites were the best, just gave an extra zing, I didn't know how my mom would take to it but she really liked it, glad to have found something not dull, and even though it was delicious I stopped when I was full, so I have some in fridge waiting for me.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #876
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/190/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
My new scales says I weigh 6 lbs less!! Hurray! It may not feel as good as actually losing those pounds, but it feels great to drop to a lower number. I tried it out in 4 different places in my house, and it read the same in 3 of them, so I think I have it in a good spot. So, I changed my stats. (I was so worried it would say I weighed more!). My wedding ring is looser, I can see a change in my face, and my bras are hooked on the tightest setting. Time to look for the ones I set aside a few months ago because they were so tight. Yea!! And kudos to all of you, who are walking this with me. Don't know how I would do it without you! :-)
Old 04-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome Better! Every victory counts and you have a lot of them to list!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
WTG, Better! Maybe I need a new scale - seriously though, mine said I was up .4 today and I absolutely don't believe it!! I haven't taken any measurements but I feel that my clothes, especially jeans, feel better!

Jo - Glad you "tweaked" my quote, I plan to tweak it again myself when I get to goal!

MG and reptogirl - thanks, I know I just need to keep moving forward and not get derailed by the scale.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #879
Senior LCF Member

That's great better!!! Your scales apparently were jacked, so you did lose those pounds your old scale just couldn't measure correctly

Tweaker that's why weighing sucks and is a poor way to measure achievement, so much can make it wonky, but it's the easiest, personally I hate a tape measure, probably brings back memories I would rather forget, and I never can remember the exact spot I measured so I never really know for sure, I noticed my jeans today required no sucking in to zip them..wootwoo
And I read if you aren't losing pounds you are losing inches
Old 04-16-2014, 03:35 AM   #880
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Wednesday Morning, Everybody!"

reptogirl -- Your quiche sounded yummy! Anything baked with an egg base is a quiche, so you could do many different things with that idea in mind. I like mine either hot or cold the next day (when I use to eat eggs ). I use to make a version with whole green chiles, eggs & cheddar cheese and called it "Chile Rellenos Casserole" -- ez as pie to make.

I hear you about the measuring thingy -- I let my clothes do the measuring.

betterthanever -- HUGE CONGRATS on the 6 lbs!! ** Doing the little happy-happy dance with you!! ** Every pound lost and every successful day doing this WOE is one day closer to accomplishing your goal!!

Tweaker Geek -- I how you "tweaked" your own quote!

MtherGoos -- Got a question for you? I don't see myself as thin Jo and everybody tells me how thin I am -- in my mind's eye I'm still "Fat" Jo at 250 lbs. Is it the same for you? Granted, I haven't taken a picture of myself since December when I weighed 155lbs, so I have no idea what I "really" look like now.

I'm not really upset that I don't see myself as thin (lets face it, I've been fat a long long time) so I think it's really helps me stay focused on my ultimate goal which is stay with the LC WOE forever!

Wishing all of us another successful day continuing our personal LC WOE journeys!!

Jo =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Jo, I'm right there with you! I've had several people tell me that I've lost too much weight and I need to stop now. Obviously, I'm still 164 pounds, so that's not true, but I don't definitely don't see myself anywhere near thin. AT ALL. But then again, I never looked in the mirror and saw myself as I am in that "Before" picture either. Ever. I never realized that I looked like that. Honestly, I think we lose touch with our bodies completely in some ways. We don't have any real sense of where we're at or how we look. If we did, we probably wouldn't have let our weight get so out of control in the first place. When I walk into a store and buy size Medium shirts and size 5/6 Jeans, it shocks the crud out of me. Seriously????? That's the size I wear now??????? I don't look at myself and see a size 5/6........ but I never saw a size 3X either and that's what I was before.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #882
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Oh Jo, I'm right there with you! I've had several people tell me that I've lost too much weight and I need to stop now. Obviously, I'm still 164 pounds, so that's not true, but I don't definitely don't see myself anywhere near thin. AT ALL. But then again, I never looked in the mirror and saw myself as I am in that "Before" picture either. Ever. I never realized that I looked like that. Honestly, I think we lose touch with our bodies completely in some ways. We don't have any real sense of where we're at or how we look. If we did, we probably wouldn't have let our weight get so out of control in the first place. When I walk into a store and buy size Medium shirts and size 5/6 Jeans, it shocks the crud out of me. Seriously????? That's the size I wear now??????? I don't look at myself and see a size 5/6........ but I never saw a size 3X either and that's what I was before.

This says gelatin so is SF jello okay for Induction really? It also says the ev rolls are and I know you told me no. But I made them with 3TBS mayo instead of the cream cheese and they are fine! So will that be okay? I lost 2lbss today AT LAST!! Today is my first day of Atkins 72!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #883
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Okay so I am trying a recipe sorta, loosely based on Linda sues website for bacon cheeseburger quiche, only we had no bacon, and I omitted the onion and heavy cream, I melted some butter into a glass baking pan, then put browned ground beef that I threw a little seasoning into (out of a lot of ones I would of liked to use,) so I just guessed(yikes) put cheese on top of that, I don't have a shredder so I just cut into thin strips, then I took a egg, mayo, cheese mixture and poured on top of that, it's 72 friendly..let's hope it is mouth friendly, have got to get to store, out of eggs, cheese, and rootbeer..probably other things as well...so cold here today I don't want to leave the house. I have been scouring the internet looking at induction friendly receives and then trying to find the ones that are 72 induction friendly or ones that I think I have a chance on making 72
I saw one that sounds good but I'm not sure if unsweetened cocoa would be for induction It's 2 tbs of coconut oil mixed with 1tbs cocoa and sweetner.Spread it on parchment paper and let it set in fridge it gets hard and is a coconut crack!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #884
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

This says gelatin so is SF jello okay for Induction really? Today is my first day of Atkins 72!
Berta48 - yum I had the SF jello yesterday as my treat....!!!
also congrats on your loss!!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #885
Major LCF Poster!

4/1 off day
4/2 190.0
4/3 189.2
4/4 188.9
4/6 188.5
4/7 188.1
4/8 187.0
4/9 186.6
4/10 186.8
4/11 187.6 probably TOM
4/12 185.9
4/13 185.6
4/14 186.2 probably TOM
DNW - - doctor thing
4/16 185.2 downward - yes

hope you guys see a loss
Old 04-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #886
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone found the new high fat, low carb(label says zero) whipped cream spray bottle? I saw it in the grocery store yesterday.
I also had some yesterday with the SF jello....yummy!!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Berta, Dr. A did say we could have DZerta on Induction, which I'm pretty sure was just sugar free Jell-O. It's one of those things that I personally would use if I really needed it, but avoid it if I can. If you're having a terrible craving and your choice is chocolate cake or sugar free Jell-O, obviously go with the Jell-O, but, for now, the more things you can cut out to get your body losing the better. So I would say to have it if you need it, and skip it if you don't. There's not necessarily anything wrong with it, but the more things you can cut out to get started the better. Then you can add it back in later.

As for the cream cheese, personally I would keep it to a minimum. The hard cheeses are better to use during induction. Get through your first couple of weeks, and then add your cream cheese back in. If your oopsie rolls came out good with mayo, I think that's a better choice for now.

Keep up the great work!!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #888
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
Has anyone found the new high fat, low carb(label says zero) whipped cream spray bottle? I saw it in the grocery store yesterday.
I also had some yesterday with the SF jello....yummy!!
What was the Brand name? I think I wouldprefer making my own from HWC. Less processing but more convienent

Mthrgoos
Thank you I will use it only if I need a sweet treat. Lately that is rare
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #889
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
When I walk into a store and buy size Medium shirts and size 5/6 Jeans, it shocks the crud out of me. Seriously????? That's the size I wear now???????
That's AWESOME!!! Wow, I think I wore a 5/6 when I was 12. Funny how they gave Cdn's such large sizes. My hips are down to 42 and I'm still in a 16. What the heck is up with that. When I was 37 hips and 29 waist the smallest I ever wore was a 12!!! I may never in my life be able to say I wear a 5/6. Soon you'll be replacing those with a 3/4!!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #890
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think sizing has changed a LOT too. Definitely vanity sizing. The smallest I've ever been in my adult life was 136 pounds, and I was wearing a 5/6 back then, so I know that they are making sizes more generous now. And I think I was at 136 for about a week.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #891
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
II think I was at 136 for about a week.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #892
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Saving to read later tonight.
:-)
Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What was the Brand name? I think I wouldprefer making my own from HWC. Less processing but more convienent
p:
Berta48 - Land O'Lakes Sugar Free
Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #894
Senior LCF Member

Another Walden Farms item: no carb/calorie ketchup. I can live without ketchup, but I'm making a wonderful spinach salad to bring to my mom's this weekend. Spinach, bacon, eggs, and the dressing is oil, ketchup, onions, and sugar. I've made it before with Equal. This time I'll use one of my liquid sweetners and the no-carb ketchup, and it should be totally edible for me! I have to start planning now how I will handle the day. I don't like not being in control of when I eat, so I will bring along what I need. My most uncomfortable time is sitting at the table, being done with my "allotment," and watching everyone else eat. Guess I will come up with a mantra to say every time someone else puts a fork to their mouth!!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #895
Berta48

Quote:
Berta48 - Land O'Lakes Sugar Free
Thanks I'll check that out at WalMart is there corn syrup or dextrose in the ingredients?

Betterthannever
Heinz makes a reduced sugar ketcup that is very good. Waldens Hickory BBQ sauce is pretty good too but those items are highly preocessed. I used them while on RXHCG .

Your Mantra could be "How are you all still eating I'm totally stuffed"
We go to friends every friday night for dinner and fellowship there are three other couples and we take turns at each others homes.Then after dinner we play games.Board games or card games. I tell them I'm just not hungry if they have something I can't eat. Then there are those times I go ahead and just eat a very small amount.They all know i'm trying to lose weight ( they need too) so they don't mind.But when it's our turn to be host I fix what we can have.They always seem to enjoy it. Now I can fix a really good meal with meat and veggies.(no veggies for me until after induction though)

Happy you love my quote.There is a story that goes to that.Maybe one day I'll share with you in a private message

I have "Friends" that say "Oh she's on that crazy diet" We'll see how crazy it is when they see me shrinking

Last edited by Berta48; 04-16-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

Three years ago I was at 165. People told me I had lost too much weight, also. Sometimes I would ask my kids "do I look like that person over there?" (pointing to someone who looked normal). I was trying to grasp what I really looked like, because I couldn't fathom it. I avoid looking at myself generally, and now I only realize how awful I look when I see myself in a picture. I do remember stopping to gawk at myself in a shop window, because I couldn't believe it was really me! When I get back to that point, I'm going to make it a point to LOOK at myself every day, and remind myself what I have to do to stay that way.

Today, I don't "feel" in ketosis as much. I periodically have a diet soda, and I had a generic brand last night I've never had before. I wonder if that's it? Stressful day at school today--kids are SO ready for Easter. I had to grocery shop, and I bought a diet soda and cheese, and had a fat bomb when I got home. I'm done for the day calorie-wise...not wise choices for nourishment, but I was craving junk so at least I ate the better kind of junk. Need to focus on restoring my soul. (Berta48, love your quote!)
Old 04-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #897
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Another Walden Farms item: no carb/calorie ketchup. I can live without ketchup, but I'm making a wonderful spinach salad to bring to my mom's this weekend. Spinach, bacon, eggs, and the dressing is oil, ketchup, onions, and sugar. I've made it before with Equal. This time I'll use one of my liquid sweetners and the no-carb ketchup, and it should be totally edible for me! I have to start planning now how I will handle the day. I don't like not being in control of when I eat, so I will bring along what I need. My most uncomfortable time is sitting at the table, being done with my "allotment," and watching everyone else eat. Guess I will come up with a mantra to say every time someone else puts a fork to their mouth!!
Recipe please!For after my induction phase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Three years ago I was at 165. People told me I had lost too much weight, also. Sometimes I would ask my kids "do I look like that person over there?" (pointing to someone who looked normal). I was trying to grasp what I really looked like, because I couldn't fathom it. I avoid looking at myself generally, and now I only realize how awful I look when I see myself in a picture. I do remember stopping to gawk at myself in a shop window, because I couldn't believe it was really me! When I get back to that point, I'm going to make it a point to LOOK at myself every day, and remind myself what I have to do to stay that way.

Today, I don't "feel" in ketosis as much. I periodically have a diet soda, and I had a generic brand last night I've never had before. I wonder if that's it? Stressful day at school today--kids are SO ready for Easter. I had to grocery shop, and I bought a diet soda and cheese, and had a fat bomb when I got home. I'm done for the day calorie-wise...not wise choices for nourishment, but I was craving junk so at least I ate the better kind of junk. Need to focus on restoring my soul. (Berta48, love your quote!)
Did you see my above post #897? I answered this one there and you had posted after me so don't know if you saw it

Last edited by Berta48; 04-16-2014 at 03:55 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #898
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Better, I do that too! I find myself looking at people and wondering, "Do I look like her? Or do I look like her?" I just really have no concept.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #899
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks I'll check that out at WalMart is there corn syrup or dextrose in the ingredients?
No corn syrup - it wouldn't be 0 carbs with this.
It does have heavy cream and sucralose.
I don't have this every day(about once a week), I have been following a diet similar to mother goose...

I normally don't take any milk or cheese products because it immediately shows on the scale... but since I took out all corn syrup, I've been able to take the HWC in my coffee. I also can't do cream cheese or cottage cheese. I can't find any cottage cheese without carbs.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #900
Berta48

Quote:
No corn syrup - it wouldn't be 0 carbs with this.
It does have heavy cream and sucralose.
I don't have this every day(about once a week), I have been following a diet similar to mother goose...

I normally don't take any milk or cheese products because it immediately shows on the scale... but since I took out all corn syrup, I've been able to take the HWC in my coffee. I also can't do cream cheese or cottage cheese. I can't find any cottage cheese without carbs.
I can eat cottage cheese but I like it with peaches and peach juice the best.But haven't eaten any in quite awhile. I have some EZ Sweet liquid Sucralose coming hopefully tomorrow and it has zero carbs. I use quite a bit of Splenda every day and I just noticed 4tsp of cream holy cow I have been using about 8tbs a day. I have cream in my coffee and I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day. So I'm getting carbs from cream and splenda If I stop losing I'll have to cut back on the cream and drink tea!

Last edited by Berta48; 04-16-2014 at 06:33 PM..
Closed Thread