Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 05:15 AM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
up .2 today

I had one tsp of n'joy creamer (ran out of the HWC) in my coffee...
Also had more salad and extra seasoning on my hamburger for dinner.
Montreal steak seasoning - there maybe hidden carbs...?
Taking all that away today...
Trying a fish day...

Keepin fingers/toes crossed for all our loses!

JustJo - how rude this woman at work is... I never understood people like
this...
Hey jblanken, sometimes it's best to read the ingredient list as well as the nutritional facts label but golly .2 up isn't much -- could be water retention...

Yummy, I had fish yesterday!!

Yep she's a piece of work my P.I.T.A (pain in the a$$) co-worker... but I avoid her like the plague as do most of us at work. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 05:17 AM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
JustJo: thanks for the welcome, dear. No stalkers online, just a co-worker who is also a neighbour!! Pathetic really. Unfortunately we can't sue for much here in Canada and being a copy cat wouldn't be grounds.

On the Induction thread there's a monthly challenge where we do a daily weigh in and discuss same. It really works for lots of us being accountable on a daily basis plus we get to b.s. with each other as well.
Too bad about your copy cat and the law, it would probably be the same here. Can you take out a restraining order or is it not that bad?? Anywho...

Daily weigh-in challenge, that's cool since I weigh every day I could be part of that!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #783
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terilynn77
Stats: 307/228/150
WOE: Atkins 72 ~ NK
Start Date: 2/10/14
Good Morning Everyone!

I love that there is so much activity on this thread! I look forward to reading them every day! I just hate that I don't have time to post everyday. Love reading everyone's journey though!

I'm hanging in there! I have been craving alot of carbs here lately, and just feeling hungry. Thinking that maybe it's my salads that are doing it? Since I add cheese and dressing?? I am going to try and not each as much cheese and see if that helps.

I finally got my book! The first time I bought it from Amazon it never came?! So they issued me a credit and then I bought it again from another source and it came right away. Started reading it last night. There were some eye openers in it. But it seems that every chapter in the beginning was sort of the same information? The menu ideas and recipes in the back are interesting too! A lot of sauces? I am trying to keep things as simple as I can until I have the hang of this! So I will be avoiding those for the time being! I did read a suggestion of crumbling up pork rinds to make it seem like croutons in a salad, might try that after I figure out if it's my salads giving me cravings or not!

So that's what's going on with me right now! I will try to get on here more, and am also interested in these challenges or weigh ins that have been mentioned!

Teri
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Hey jblanken, sometimes it's best to read the ingredient list as well as the nutritional facts label but golly .2 up isn't much -- could be water retention...
Yeah I came from a 4 day stall, then got crazy nervous. Went from JUDD to Atkins72 because I hated being hungry!

Yesterday, I did exercise more too, that could be water retention... I read somewhere that when you exercise some fluid goes into the muscle... ??

Thanks!

Last edited by jblanken; 04-10-2014 at 06:48 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terilynn77 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I love that there is so much activity on this thread! I look forward to reading them every day! I just hate that I don't have time to post everyday. Love reading everyone's journey though!

I'm hanging in there! I have been craving alot of carbs here lately, and just feeling hungry. Thinking that maybe it's my salads that are doing it? Since I add cheese and dressing?? I am going to try and not each as much cheese and see if that helps.

I finally got my book! The first time I bought it from Amazon it never came?! So they issued me a credit and then I bought it again from another source and it came right away. Started reading it last night. There were some eye openers in it. But it seems that every chapter in the beginning was sort of the same information? The menu ideas and recipes in the back are interesting too! A lot of sauces? I am trying to keep things as simple as I can until I have the hang of this! So I will be avoiding those for the time being! I did read a suggestion of crumbling up pork rinds to make it seem like croutons in a salad, might try that after I figure out if it's my salads giving me cravings or not!

So that's what's going on with me right now! I will try to get on here more, and am also interested in these challenges or weigh ins that have been mentioned!

Teri
Teri!!

The book? Atkins '72 version?

What kind of salad dressing are you using -- I'd check that before losing the cheese (if it's hard aged cheese it should be fine and limited to 3-4 oz daily). I've gotten rid of cheese/dairy because it stalls me or makes me crave carbs.

Personally, I'd get rid of one "suspect" food at a time for a few days to see if it was the problem. Pork rinds are wonderfully naturally carb-free (just check the label to be sure yours are) -- I love the crunch and use them as scoopers for tuna fish.

“This WOE is not a diet,

Last edited by Just Jo; 04-10-2014 at 07:05 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 07:04 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah I came from a 4 day stall, then got crazy nervous. Went from JUDD to Atkins72 because I hated being hungry!

Yesterday, I did exercise more too, that could be water retention... I read somewhere that when you exercise some fluid goes into the muscle... ??

Thanks!
I know I hate being hungry hence the reason A'72 works so well for me and I like feeling full after I eat -- not many WOE allow for that.

I wouldn't worry overmuch about the .2 jblanken, if you're eating clean you will see results! I'm over here cheering you on!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm over here cheering you on!!

[center] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just Jo & all I am cheering you on as well.... It really helps to talk about
this stuff... Some of us new, some of us in between, some close to goal,
some of us at goal!
A lot of good-- been there done it advice - - it all helps!!!
Thanks!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #788
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Hello everyone
2 things to report-both about mom
She is now down 11.4 but even more important than that is the next one,
We have been looking for a house to buy, and any other house she would never go upstairs, breathing and knees just wouldn't allow it, she could barely handle the downstairs.
Yesterday she went upstairs in a house, and she wasn't wheezing-coughing etc..not only that she didn't even need the nebulizer when she got home...WHAT?!? Unheard of...she was using 5 to 6 tubes of breathing medication plus inhalers etc and still couldn't breathe.she uses less than 2 tubes now...I could cry...all this improvement in less than 2 weeks...it is absolutely crazy and amazing...and disgusting that all this crap has been allowed to be food to start with. Not only did she go upstairs but there was quite a bit of stuff to walk on, and we were there a hour without her having anywhere to sit
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #789
Junior LCF Member

Just Jo,

Sorry!! Guess I shouldn't just say the book! Atkins 72 is the one that I just got!

The dressing I use is Marzetti Classic Ranch in the refrigerator section. It has 1 carb, but I really think it's a trigger for me? I'm not sure?! I can easily over do it on both the ranch and also the cheese. I have a very addictive personality, and absolutely no will power!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just Jo & all I am cheering you on as well.... It really helps to talk about
this stuff... Some of us new, some of us in between, some close to goal,
some of us at goal!
A lot of good-- been there done it advice - - it all helps!!!
Thanks!!!
That's why I'm here -- to get support and advice from everyone. It's really comforting to know that I will be able to do this forever since there are many in here that have continued this WOE for years!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Hello everyone
2 things to report-both about mom
She is now down 11.4 but even more important than that is the next one,
We have been looking for a house to buy, and any other house she would never go upstairs, breathing and knees just wouldn't allow it, she could barely handle the downstairs.
Yesterday she went upstairs in a house, and she wasn't wheezing-coughing etc..not only that she didn't even need the nebulizer when she got home...WHAT?!? Unheard of...she was using 5 to 6 tubes of breathing medication plus inhalers etc and still couldn't breathe.she uses less than 2 tubes now...I could cry...all this improvement in less than 2 weeks...it is absolutely crazy and amazing...and disgusting that all this crap has been allowed to be food to start with. Not only did she go upstairs but there was quite a bit of stuff to walk on, and we were there a hour without her having anywhere to sit
Holy Hannah, Reptogirl that's amazing news about your mom. LOL @ absolutely crazy, amazing and disgusting -- but I agree with you completely!! Hey Reptogirl can I ask a personal question? How old is mom?

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just Jo,

Sorry!! Guess I shouldn't just say the book! Atkins 72 is the one that I just got!

The dressing I use is Marzetti Classic Ranch in the refrigerator section. It has 1 carb, but I really think it's a trigger for me? I'm not sure?! I can easily over do it on both the ranch and also the cheese. I have a very addictive personality, and absolutely no will power!
I thought that was the book you were talking about -- my fav of all his diet books, cause it works for me 100% of the time if I put in a 100% of the time. LOL

I take it you're on Induction Week 1? Personally, I wouldn't do my carbs on salad dressing and if I did, I would religiously measure it out. I'd say "yes" that the dressing could be a trigger. Here is the ingredient list:
SOYBEAN OIL, BUTTERMILK, DISTILLED VINEGAR, EGG YOLK, SALT, SUGAR, GARLIC*, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, ONION*, SPICES, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS. *DEHYDRATED. (2 T = 1 carb gram)

I avoid anything that has sugar (aka toxic, poisonous, killer carb). Don't need it to trigger the cravings for more sugar or carbs.

As for the cheese, A '72 recommends 3-4 oz natural aged cheese per day and it's something you should measure as well. I find that cheese (any dairy) stalls me.

I have portion-control issues so I know what you mean by over doing but measuring/weighing my food seems to keep me honest as well as keeping a very accurate Food Log even if I do over indulge in "legal" food (pork rinds are my guilty pleasure some days).

“This WOE is not a diet,

Last edited by Just Jo; 04-10-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #793
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone had problems with vitamins not showing their carbs on
their labels?
I am thinking this is an issue with taking the following* extra
vitamins on Tuesday.
(along with possibly n'joy in my coffee yesterday)
the only other carb different.
centrium silver
vit C
Omega-3 * (packet with liquid, is sweet to taste)
reservatol *
tumeric *

Thanks for your help!!
Sorry, I do tend to over analyze....
Old 04-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
My mom will be 64 this month, so not what I would call that old yet but due to her health past 10 years she has seemed and definetly felt tons older
Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have been craving alot of carbs here lately
Teri
Me too Teri !!- - that time of the month
Hanging in there with you...
Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Hi everyone! I have just finished reading all the posts of the past few days, I hate when I get behind! I've got to put reading this thread on my To Do list every day.

Welcome back, Jo, glad you had a good time.

Pauletticus - congratulations on the great doctor's visit!

Welcome and hello to all the new faces here, I look forward to getting to know you.

I've lost 2 lbs so far this week--I weigh every day but consider my weigh-in day as Monday, I hope to be down another 2 by Monday!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/199/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Thank you all SO much for your continued input. I know I have to find MY way, but it is so helpful to hear what is working for others. I need some of that chutzpah to toss off comments others might make. But mostly, I am very quiet--I would do better with "I had a late lunch," if I can manage that subterfuge. Thank you for the suggestion. Then, I just have to deal with my own inner voices, and I think the further I get...and the more weight I lose...the easier that will get. For now, I think avoiding eating out as much as possible is the way to go--hoping my dh will understand that I will be better able to deal with that once I am more comfortable with this WOE.
I know everyone has their own eating plan, and each of us has to tweak it and find out what works for us. But...I really, really would like to hear some typical daily menus, if you would be so kind as to share them. Pretty please??

CdnPaleoGuy and JustJo...I read the series this summer, and it drove me crazy! I would just get used to a character, and suddenly they were killed off! I grind my teeth any time the series is mentioned. lol
Old 04-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Ok, I've never heard of this show that you guys are talking about! Now I'll have to see if it's on Netflix. LOL

Better, I know I've posted my menu many times, so I'm assuming you're not talking to me, but if you haven't seen it and would like me to post it, just let me know!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

MG, yes, I'd love your menu. If I knew better how to search for your menu, I would do that. but you haven't posted it since I've joined up, so...thank you!! :-)
Old 04-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Better, I don't count calories, but I know that I average around 1200-1400 per day. Since my menu is basically the same every day, I know that it's right around there. Just speaking for myself, I don't usually have a problem when we go out to eat. I can usually get a steak just about anywhere, or bacon and eggs. Those are just about the only things I really trust eating out. I'm afraid that if I get chicken, it will have been injected with sugar water to plump it up, and I'm afraid that hamburger will have filler added to it. However if we do end up someplace that I really feel like I can't get anything safe to eat, then I just won't. I can have a diet coke and be totally happy knowing that I'm staying on plan and I'll eat later. If somebody that I'm with feels uncomfortable with it, quite honestly that's on them, not me. I refuse to eat food that I shouldn't just so that somebody else doesn't feel guilty about the food that they are eating. I can enjoy the meal as a social event without having to eat food that I really don't want.
Thanks for that!!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
No problem, I just didn't want to bore you with it. Lol. For breakfast I usually have 4-6 pieces of bacon. Lunch is 2 eggs mashed up in a bowl with mustard, 2 tablespoons of mayo, and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil. Snack is one ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese. Dinner is some type of meat. Usually ribeye, pork steak, chicken thighs, or ground beef. I always eat all the visible fat first, then if I'm still hungry I will eat some of the meat. It's pretty much the same thing every day.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 AM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Thanks MtherGoos for sharing that...
I've been searching for a cleaner way to eat...and reading your threads.
This is a clean way of living...
I have been trying to do this for some time and have started to go away
from net carbs as I do not think they work for me ...
Lately I got hung up on some vitamins that stalled me...
They had some carbs I wasn't counting...
Old 04-11-2014, 03:51 AM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday Morning, Everybody!

Jblanken -- About the nutritional facts label on vitamins -- I googled and researched this and found that if it doesn’t contain any of the energy nutrients (fat, protein, or carbs) supplements don’t need a label. See if there’s an ingredient list, jb, and that should tell you if it has carbs. I take generic, cheap, supplements and never had a problem with them.

Don’t apologizes for over analyzing! You want answers to make sure you’re following the plan and that’s what we are here for, to help support and help each other! 

reptogirl -- Yep she is young (spoken by the gal who’s twin just turned 55 2 weeks ago!! LOL) You’ll have to keep us posted on how she’s doing!!!

Tweaker Geek -- Congrats on the 2lbs!!! I’m a daily weigher too -- can’t help myself. And I know you’ll see those 2 lbs down by Monday -- I’m cheering you on!!

betterthanever -- Inner voices -- I call them my demon tapes that use to say things like, “it’s only a hand full of jelly beans, what’s that gonna hurt??? -- you’ve done so good this week, you deserve it!” Those voices LIED to me time and time again. I erased them this time around by posting a pic of “Fat” Jo on my frig and what my goal weight was.

I eat very basically & usually only one time a day after school (on the weekends, I may split my meal into two meals). Weird as this sounds. I find that if I eat more often, I am hungry all day long -- I’ve been averaging around 1000 daily kcals since 1 January and between 5 July and 1 January 600-800 daily kcals:

AM:
Coffee with International Delight Liquid Coffee Cream 2 T. & Da Vinci Sugar Free Caramel Syrup = 40 kcals & 2g carbs

PM:
One and ½ bags (8-9 oz) Butter Lettuce type salad, with homemade garlic vinaigrette dressing = 90 kcals & 6g carbs
So I get my other kcals from:
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Smoked Ham, Tuna, Baked Chicken Breast or Broiled Cod or similar white fish and Pork Rinds (my guilty pleasure -- I always feel like I am cheating when I eat them )
I take 2 multi-vitamins, calcium, magnesium and potassium

I drink water and dt. soda and I don't measure it.

Sounds pretty boring, but I love it -- I know well in advance what I am going to have eat day and that seems to satisfy me and any cravings and I avoid having to make poor food choices because I am hungry.

Oh NO they are killing off the CHARACTERS???

MtherGoos -- I haven’t seen the show either (no cable) but I may buy the DVD series if the books are good.

Hey guys, I read an interesting thread on another LC site yesterday and wanted to share a piece that I had not thought about, but makes PERFECTLY good sense -- I switched the word diet for WOE:

"I recommend that your weight loss WOE [diet] look very much like a WOE [diet] you could follow permanently. Permanent maintenance WOE [diets] should have lots of vegetables, some fruits and good quality animal proteins."

Wishing all of us continued SUCCESS on our LC WOE journey!!

Have a fantastic Friday!

Jo =]

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-11-2014, 04:19 AM   #804
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Good Friday Morning, Everybody!

Jblanken -- About the nutritional facts label on vitamins -- I googled and researched this and found that if it doesn’t contain any of the energy nutrients (fat, protein, or carbs) supplements don’t need a label. See if there’s an ingredient list, jb, and that should tell you if it has carbs. I take generic, cheap, supplements and never had a problem with them.

Thanks Just Jo - I'll have to research this because I do not know some of the ingredient names, gelatin, vegetable glycerine... to see if these are carbs. Also the omega-3 is liquid and has stevia... I do know, from trial and error, I'm pretty sensitive to sugar alcohols of any kind.

I've been searching for a cleaner way to eat...meaning no netcarbs
which is really A72, but why do I stray??? crazy woman...

up .8 today - after doing a netcarb trial

So for the next week I am changing to this...need simpler..etc (same as mthrgoos)
Breakfast - 4-6 pieces of bacon
Lunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a bowl with mustard, 2 tablespoons of mayo, and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil.
Snack - one ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Dinner - some type of meat, ribeye, pork steak, chicken thighs, or ground beef.
Eating all the visible fat first, then if I'm still hungry I will eat some of the meat.

We all have to find our own path....Hope you all lose today

Julie

Last edited by jblanken; 04-11-2014 at 04:21 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 04:50 AM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Just Jo - I'll have to research this because I do not know some of the ingredient names, gelatin, vegetable glycerine... to see if these are carbs. Also the omega-3 is liquid and has stevia... I do know, from trial and error, I'm pretty sensitive to sugar alcohols of any kind.

I've been searching for a cleaner way to eat...meaning no netcarbs
which is really A72, but why do I stray??? crazy woman...

up .8 today - after doing a netcarb trial

So for the next week I am changing to this...need simpler..etc (same as mthrgoos)
Breakfast - 4-6 pieces of bacon
Lunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a bowl with mustard, 2 tablespoons of mayo, and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil.
Snack - one ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Dinner - some type of meat, ribeye, pork steak, chicken thighs, or ground beef.
Eating all the visible fat first, then if I'm still hungry I will eat some of the meat.

We all have to find our own path....Hope you all lose today

Hey JB, you aren't on that TOM are you? Ewwwwwwwwww I can't believe I asked THAT. But before I hit menopause, I'd stall or gain weight (couple of pounds) for like 10-12 days each month. I knew I was eating clean, so I concluded it was those horrible hormones. This time around, no TOM and I lost weight every month.

I'm glad you're tweaking this WOE and not giving up -- that means a lot. I love MtherGoos signature quote: "A year from now, you'll wish you had started today!" A year from now you'll look back and say "YEAH I did this!!!"

I'm cheering you on here!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-11-2014, 05:27 AM   #806
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey JB, you aren't on that TOM are you? MtherGoos signature quote: "A year from now, you'll wish you had started today!" A year from now you'll look back and say "YEAH I did this!!!"

Yes I am TOM.... its okay I know I'm crazy.. I must be in perimenopause because its averaging every 2-months. Just love it when I never know when. I just never subscribed to the idea/belief that I have to gain weight during this time... I said to my friend after reading about between PMS and TOM (2 weeks) its either gain weight or stall. I said so 2 weeks out of the month women can't lose weight? I did this a year ago and didn't have this problem at all, kept losing weight...

Love love MtherGoos!!

Figuring it out together helps!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #807
Senior LCF Member

My menu for the past week:
Breakfast and lunch together: 3 eggs, 1/2T cream cheese, 1t butter, 1/2 sausage pattie
Snack: 1/2 slice provolone cheese, small piece of corned beef
Dinner: varies. Maybe a few slices of bacon, or other meat. Maybe pork rinds and cheese curds.
I'm trying to stay at 800 calories or less. I drink lots of tea, barely sweetened, and flavored water. I take a multi-vitamin, potassium and magnesium.

I think I've lost a couple pounds this week, but I have a lousy scale and I'm not weighing often. Trying to wait until my clothes feel looser, and then take a reading on the scale.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #808
Junior LCF Member

Happy Friday everyone!!

I was reading more of the Dr. Atkins '72 book last night and found something very interesting. He said that if you are using an amphetamine to wait 2 weeks to start the diet. Then later he had almost an entire chapter of why this type of drug is bad. Not sure if phentermine is an amphetamine but I can't tell you how many times my doctor prescribed these to me. Anyone else try that on a doctor's suggestion? It's been years since I have tried it. And of course I lost a little weight while taking it, but as soon as soon as you stop you gain it all back plus more. I wonder why he doesn't want you to start this WOE for 2 weeks after taking it though? He doesn't ever really explain that.

I also read an article this morning on FB about a family that went without sugar for an entire year. It's crazy how many of us are so addicted to sugar without realizing, and the article went into things that have sugar as ingredients, but really shouldn't! Of course it's probably to prolong the shelf life, or to make it taste better. It's horrible though. Makes me wonder how many kids get diagnosed with ADHD and other illnesses and actually might be their diet?

This weekend is going to be very hard for me. My mother in law is having all of us over for dinner on Saturday. The dinner is dumplings (which I don't like to begin with?!) She asked me to bring corn. Any suggestions of something I could bring so I'm not tempted? Deviled eggs maybe? Or maybe shrimp? Haven't had shrimp in a long time. My sister in law is very strict with eating clean - I've always heard her say that fat isn't what made her fat, it was sugar. So I am hoping she will be eating something other than dumplings with me!

Here's wishing everyone a fantastic Friday

Teri
Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
My menu for the past week:
Breakfast and lunch together: 3 eggs, 1/2T cream cheese, 1t butter, 1/2 sausage pattie

Snack: 1/2 slice provolone cheese, small piece of corned beef
Dinner: varies. Maybe a few slices of bacon, or other meat. Maybe pork rinds and cheese curds.
I'm trying to stay at 800 calories or less. I drink lots of tea, barely sweetened, and flavored water. I take a multi-vitamin, potassium and magnesium.

I think I've lost a couple pounds this week, but I have a lousy scale and I'm not weighing often. Trying to wait until my clothes feel looser, and then take a reading on the scale.
Sounds like an excellent menu, only couple of questions -- barely sweetened tea -- whatcha using to make it sweet? and what type of corn beef (corn beef has 1 carb gram & 400kcals per 2 oz)? If you're losing weight -- awesome, if you're not, could be those 2 things...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This weekend is going to be very hard for me. My mother in law is having all of us over for dinner on Saturday. The dinner is dumplings (which I don't like to begin with?!) She asked me to bring corn. Any suggestions of something I could bring so I'm not tempted? Deviled eggs maybe? Or maybe shrimp? Haven't had shrimp in a long time. My sister in law is very strict with eating clean - I've always heard her say that fat isn't what made her fat, it was sugar. So I am hoping she will be eating something other than dumplings with me!
Teri - we must have the same MIL hah! - all she ever serves is carbs! Then complains when I don't eat her food. I usually can eat the meat, if I take off the bread... My SIL almost always brings deviled eggs...maybe there is sugar in her mayo. But I always ask if I can bring the salad figuring I can look like I fill my plate with that, even though I don't eat all of it.... Get with you SIL and possibly plan?

Will be thinking of your this Saturday, because Easter looms and I will be going through the same predicament.
Closed Thread