Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #721
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MZM
Good morning, everyone:-)
JJ thankyou so much!...it sort of put things in a better perspective, seeing it in pounds...dont know why i nvr thought of converting to standard��... Wish i could lose more n quicker !! (Yeah, who doesnt!)

Well, i stayed on a strict fat fast for 4 days n since my pd started, n in that i came down to 69 kg..again..my wt had spiked up to 71 for two days but its back now..i guess it w just water retention...for the past two days i ate Induction food, mostly eggs n meat(eg 2 spicy lamb chops/boneless chicken) for dinner only. Now starting the fat fast again. I want the scale to move down from 69, it is simply stuck...i dont understand this..

I must say, the fat fast gets tiring around the third day...but i HAVE to lose 10pounds this month, its this Grrrrrrrrr-must-have -it thing for me now...i'd b willing to do anything to lose 10pounds in the next 4weeks starting today... Any advice, people? Fat fast for 5 days, or reduced cals, or what?

Had a terrible time these past 2days...took every ounce of self control to not cheat...hope i'l b better today onwards..

M so glad i joined this forum...it helps to talk about progress n problems n getting feedbck n support... Thankyou all:-)

God bless!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Saturday Morning, Everybody!

Holy HANNAH -- I've lost another lb!! -123 in exactly 9 months! **Doing the little happy-happy dance!**

reptogirl -- Since I've started this WOE this time around, I get up once a night to tinkle -- TMI sorry!! Wonder if anyone else does too?

Congrats on your 5 pounds in 4 days -- that is soooo awesome!! Woooohoooooo

About the TOM thingy, since I haven't had one in a couple of years, this time around I haven't had the affects of the hormones, etc that plague us females and I think because of that, I lost more weight, more quickly. In the past during TOM, I'd either gain weight or see no changes for about 10 days and then afterward, everything would go back to normal. I didn't panic because I knew I was eating clean and blamed it on mother nature.

I'm siding with MtherGoos on the pork rinds and hot sauce thingy -- yummy to no end if you like HOT! And Wal-mart will not question your need to return, tell 'em you're allergic to an ingredient in them!

betterthanever -- Like I said earlier, ratio was never part of A'72, I don't know when that came in or if it's another LC WOE thingy. If I am calculating my protein consumption properly (protein kcals/total daily kcals?) Approximately 85% of my kcals are protein -- but I do very little fat -- 1 t. for my salad dressing and whatever fat is in the protein. And I do very lean protein: baked chicken breast, canned tuna, Oscar Myer Deli Fresh Ham and broiled cod. Expect when I have pork rinds and I know it's off the charts on those days!! LOL

I take 2 multivitamins (doesn't matter the brand, they are all the same -- so save your money) and extra calcium since I don't do dairy.

Tweaker Geek -- Hey you're right, TG you don't need to count kcals for this WOE to work but my reasoning when I started this again (for the ga-zillionth time) that I wanted to lose the weight quickly (and I have) but more importantly, when I finally get to my 5 pounds under my goal weight -- I want to know exactly how many kcals and carbs I can have daily without gaining/losing weight.

Being a very slow learner, I never did the last part of the A'72 WOE, finding the CCLM part when I lost the weight those countless times before. I thought I could eat like those other carb-eating people, stupid I know but I have the t-shirt in sizes XL-3X to prove how much of an idiot I was.

MtherGoos -- I'm leaving for AZ in a couple of hours to visit my DD and my DS-in law... I'll think of you when I cross the NM/AZ state line. MG, you ever do a fat fast??

MZM -- I feel you pain and you still have 25 days to make you mini-weight loss goal of 10 lbs. If the fat fast isn't working and you feel terrible, I'd give that up and just eat clean. I'd be afraid I'd do something drastic and make poor food choices (aka eat those killer carbs). Remember you can only lose what you're body allows you to lose... keep the faith and know that if you're eating to plan, you will see results!! I'm cheering for you M!!!

Wishing ALL of us CONTINUED success on our LC WOE journeys!!

See ya tomorrow!!

Jo =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #723
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
Justjo woootwoo that is amazing!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
JustJo, Congrats on another pound gone!! You'll have gorgeous weather for your visit! We're supposed to be in the 90's most of next week. I'm so ready for summer!!!! Can't wait to get out on the lake and play. This summer I'm definitely taking a Paddle Board Class, and may even have my BF pull me in the tube behind the boat! I usually leave that to the kids, but it may be my turn this year! I keep my fat pretty high on a daily basis, usually 75%-80% of my calories come from fat, but if I try to do a complete fat fast, I get too hungry. I need the protein too to keep me full. I find that if I get too hungry, that's when I'm setting myself up for disaster. I start obsessing about food, thinking about it too much, and I'm more likely to start picking at things and ultimately overeating. So my daily fat is high, but I haven't done a complete fat fast.

MZM, it is totally possible that you'll reach your goal this month, and maybe even pass it, but keep in mind that there's only so much you can do. The scale number is ultimately out of your control. Keep your eating 100% clean and stay on track, but don't let that darn scale throw you off track if you don't hit the 10 pounds. I've ultimately found that it doesn't matter what I do, the scale is going to do what it's going to do, so by just staying the course and being totally consistent it will inevitably move. A fat fast is fine, but often times once you go back to your regular low carb menu, the weight may come back on. The fat fast was designed to break a long stall of 4-6 weeks, but isn't always the best way to lose weight on a day to day basis. However it's all about what works for YOU, so if that does work for you, then that's great!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
MZM – So your scales are really in stones? One pound could drop easily but one stone would take a while I think. Is there a sub stone like I weigh 7.8 stones? If you hang on and eat correctly you wont worry about cheating most days. Some time I force myself to eat just cuz I know its been a while.

JustJo - I was thinking, something I do to much, but isnt Just Jo ..... well just.... "Jo"? Keep it up.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Here is a non scale victory-I exercised today, not because I had to(weight is lost in the kitchen) but because I had the energy to try to!! I did Callanetics, I couldn't do a lot of it, but I tried and did what I could and finished the video. Just wanted to share what under a week of eating 72 induction can do for a morbidly obese person(how I hate that term)
Old 04-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go ReptoGirl!! That's an awesome accomplishment!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Jo - Another pound lost for you -- wonderful, grand, amazing!! I'm happy for you and I'm also happy to say that the pound you lost, I didn't find!!
Have a nice visit with your DD and DSIL, how long since DD has seen you? Is she in for a big surprise? I have friends in AZ who would like me to go visit, I'm often tempted, warm, sunny days would be so nice!

MZM - you still have plenty of time to make your goal for the month, just don't stress about it too much. I find if I stress about not losing enough or not losing fast enough I end up sabotaging my own success. I get discouraged, cheat and instead of maintaining what I'd lost to that point, I then have more to lose -- again!! Hang in there!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #729
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
I am trying to stay off the scale. I stayed off for my first 5 weeks. My goal is to stay off again until I feel a difference in my pants waist. Otherwise I obsess about the scale--I haven't lost anything in the last week, and my mind says "come on, I think about this all the time, I should be losing!!" I'd also like to get to the point of not thinking about my food. I think doing a regular meal plan will help. If I know exactly what I'm eating for breakfast and lunch, every day, then that's a good chunk of the day when I don't even have to think about food. My trouble comes at dinner time. Because I'm having such small meals, it's hard to think about preparing a full meal for my dh and kids. I'd rather drop cooking altogether (but I've only been married 18 months, and dh was widowed for 7 years before that. He really wants to eat dinner with me). So right now I'm just cooking a few nights a week--my compromise.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Frank question about body odor. Here goes: even when I just step out of the shower, I still feel like I have b.o. This wasn't the case before. Is it just the smell of my fat burning, pouring out of my pores?? Any help here?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Better, I've heard a lot of people talk about being in ketosis changing their body odor. I would assume that's it, so take it as a good sign! I know dinners can be hard with a family in the house to cook for. Can you maybe make a main dish that you all can eat, and then side dishes that are just for them? For instance, make a low carb meatloaf as your main dish, and then some potatoes and veggies for them that you aren't going to eat. And then you'll also have the meatloaf to use for lunch the next day. Or some chicken thighs as your main dish, and some pasta on the side for them? Maybe something like that?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

mmm...do you have a recipe for low carb meatloaf??
My dh is thinking through this better than I am--buying unbreaded fish, pork chops, a roast--things that I can eat with him. Partly, I think I'm so exhausted from my job--I leave the house at 6, drive over an hour each way, and don't get home 'til about 6--that I just don't care about fixing dinner. I just want to eat something simple and be done. I don't have the energy to start a dinner at that point, and don't want to eat at 7:30. Half the time I'm wanting to be in bed around 8! I think maybe part of it is that I hate the focus on food. I'm trying NOT to focus on food, trying to eat just enough to fuel my body, but he is still looking at meals as a social time. I'm kind of dreading the family Easter dinner for the same reason. :-(
Old 04-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I make a low carb meatloaf for my BF, it's different every time, I just use whatever I have on hand. I usually will mix ground beef and ground sausage to give it more flavor, and then add eggs, worcestshire sauce, sugar free ketchup, some chopped up green onions, and some crushed pork rinds in place of bread crumbs.

I understand what you're saying, I work from 8 every morning, until 7 every night, 6 days a week. So I definitely get it. I would say that the crock pot and the grill can become your best friends. Planning and prepping will also become really important. On my one day off each week, I spend several hours prepping our food that we'll use that week. Cut up the veggies, grate the cheese, boil the eggs, mix up a big batch of tuna, cook up several pounds of bacon, etc, etc, etc...... I get everything ready that I can so that it's easy through the week. My BF will even throw a bunch of hamburger patties on the grill and use them for his lunches all week.

I agree with your DH that the family meal times are important. And it's really great that he WANTS that time together. It means a lot. It is a social time, and sometimes the only family time we can make time for in a busy day. The focus doesn't have to be on the food. You just eat the part of the meal that you can and enjoy the time together. Same thing with the family Easter dinner. Take a dish or some dishes that you CAN eat, and enjoy the family time together.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday made 7 full days on plan woooooootwoo.

I really like the decrease in appetite, and aside from I think day 3 I haven't had anymore cravings, some days I don't feel like in my head that I am eating enough, but I eat when I'm hungry, I don't mindlessly eat all day long which is what I would do before-especially while watching tv-to indulge my pastime of munching while watching tv, I will fix some cheese "crackers" and grab a few olives and watch tv, I save my cheese til nighttime, but here recently only been eating around half of my daily allowance of it, knowing that I can always have more if I just have to have it.

currently boiling some eggs to make some more deviled eggs, yum yum.

And I absolutely love the fact that my diet is mainly made up of real food, only thing processed is my diet root beer, right now it's my crutch, but that's okay...I don't like the thought of the artificial sweetener but it is keeping me on track and that's what matters.
I know I couldn't drink just water only, at least not at this point.

Anyway that's my atkins praise for the day
Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Repto Girl!!! Very proud of you! I know what you mean, my diet pepsi is the one thing I just haven't been able to give up. Maybe some day, but not right now.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Mg you are proof that you can lose and quite nicely with diet pop and no exercise as long as you are eating what you are supposed to be eating, you are quite the inspiration, my starting weight a little higher than yours but you give me hope!!
It's funny you start your weight loss journey to help yourself never knowing that it can impact people thousands of miles away..
I am in such a good mood today, it is refreshing
My mom is down 8 lbs so far
I told her that is 32 pounds less pressure on her knees!!!
Eating this way is worth it just to see good things happen to my mom.
Looking forward to my Wednesday weigh in
Old 04-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Afternoon All:
WTG Reptogirl! It must be great that both you & your Mum are doing this & making it work. I wish my sisters would give it a try but their both convinced that fat just makes you fatter.
Walked down to the YMCA with the boys who promptly took off to the mall. I spent sometime on the bike & treadmill. Still haven't figured out how to get them into program mode
DW did 2 hours of Zumba to raise $$$ for the Y's camp for Kids campaign.
Well start of the season for Game of Thrones so I'll be camped out in front of the TV ~9pm.
Think supper is some sort of turkey pot pie without the pastry. Have a good evening folks
Old 04-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you ReptoGirl! I'm so glad I could help you, even unknowlingly! And I think it's so great that you and your mom are doing this together. That really is awesome.

PaleoGuy, It sounds like a really great day! I miss the days of going to the Y with the kids. Don't they offer like one hour with a trainer where they'll take you through and show you how to use the equipment? Just to teach you how to program all the different machines? What's in your pot pie?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Thanks paleo&mg if we could just get my sister on board!

thinking of the y just makes me want to get in a pool, don't really swim but I can stay in for hours and just walk around and not even know that u are being active. Awww
Old 04-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #740
Senior LCF Member

So glad I found you all. This group is so much more uplifting, and accepting of individual tweaks to the program, than the other places I have visited. Thanks to each of you!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #741
Senior LCF Member

Rainy dark day here-if it was just a little warmer it would be perfect.

Waiting for my pork chop to get done, glad that's the last of them in fridge, rest are frozen, on a little bit of porkchop burn out lol

Still waiting for some pork steak to go on sale...it will eventually...

Mom is now down 9 pounds, pretty darn good for a week.

Better-glad to have you here!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Feeling SO much better now that I'm eating as little as I want to. My goal is to stay under 1000. If I only eat 600-800, that's fine. If I need more one day, that's ok too. It is so nice to have the pressure off that I "must" eat a certain amount! Thank you all for your support and encouragement. And considering that between Jo and MG, one eats mostly protein and one eats mostly fat, that also takes the pressure off. At this point, I fluctuate between the two, the only constant being that my carbs are very low.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #743
Senior LCF Member

I haven't been counting mine but I think they have been pretty low well under 1000 for several days, and I'm glad to know it's not going to make a difference, if my body needs food it lets me know and I obey, that's the beauty of this way of eating no reason at all to be hungry
Old 04-08-2014, 03:54 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

I have a couple of positives regarding my mama
she has COPD and her breathing is better, not perfect but better, she requires less breathing treatments.
She is sleeping better usually just a couple of hours and she wakes up needing her nebulizer. For example she is asleep right now, and has been around 5 hours, that is huge!!
She has been sleep deprived for years, I don't know how she goes on like that. I can't even to begin to express my joy over these two improvements.
This is only a week in, I can't wait to see other unexpected results!!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
It is so nice to have the pressure off that I "must" eat a certain amount!
I'm new to this thread, but not new to Atkins72, since 4/2 I've lost 3 lbs.
I agree with you betterthanever pressure statement you made above. I do not do well under pressure, I have enough of that at work/etc.
It so nice to not have to be so rigid with myself and know if I'm hungry I can eat until I'm feel full under the Atkins 72 plan..
Old 04-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ReptoGirl, my BF has COPD also. When we started this, just over a year ago, his lung age was that of a 72 year old. A year later, his lung age is that of a 61 year old! He IS 61, so that's exactly what it should be. The only thing he changed was his WOE and lost 70 pounds doing it. There are so many great benefits to getting healthy!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #747
Senior LCF Member

That's great MG I will have to tell my mom that-should give her a little extra boost!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
PaleoGuy, It sounds like a really great day! I miss the days of going to the Y with the kids. Don't they offer like one hour with a trainer where they'll take you through and show you how to use the equipment? Just to teach you how to program all the different machines? What's in your pot pie?
They had a free tour of the machines but they didn't mention any of the cardio stuff. I already have my eyes on a cute little helper
As for the turkey pot pie; turkey, gravy, bits of onion, carrot, celery & I think my wife put POTATOE on top so the boys would eat it. I even had a cauliflower to make the substitute
Oh well, I seem able to tolerate the odd day carbs. Nothing crazy but more than 20g. Definitely less than 50g
Old 04-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Well hi Julie...Mthrgoos, Cdnpaleoguy, James...and hi to all the people I don't know...I am just switching threads to this one as this is the plan I am following right now, I will be checking in again tomorrow...also hopefully now I am following this plan my scales will move even more lol...
Old 04-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sandy! As you can see, a lot of us post in both! LOL I think you've really been doing well with the scales!
Closed Thread