Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/168/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Hi all!!! I am done with all my ranting.....sorry about all that....i pms really really bad and sometimes (every month) get crabby and hate the world!!

Everyone is doing so well!!! Love coming on here and reading all your success stories....or even your not so successful stories!! They all inspire me to keep going and to not get discouraged!!

I read on here that some of you are worried about the extra skin after losing the weight. I use a product from It Works, called the body wrap. It is amazing!! I used to have the granny's apron and after 4 wraps, it is almost gone!!! Totally love it!!! I would totally recommend it to anyone!

So, I am back down to 204, and happy about that! Still a little frustrated that I will not make my mini-goal of 199, by Sunday, but I am darn proud that I lost 22lbs in 2 months!! There is no other woe for me that I would have been this successful!! I always think that it took me years to get all this weight on, and it will not all come off in a few months, so, even tho I would love to be at my goal in a few months, that is not realistic!! So, if I can lose about 10 lbs a month, it will only take me about 5-6 months to make it to my goal!!! And I am perfectly ok with that!!!

I do want to thank you ALL!! There have been times when I was so frustrated and annoyed with Atkins......then I would jump on here and read and i always felt better!! You have all saved me a few times!! It is just nice to know that you are not the only person struggling and that there are people out there that know exactly what you are going thru!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #692
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72 Induction (Hard Core!)
Well today is the day I'm Bali bound!

I have been losing everyday for the last few days which has been motivating. I'll be curious to see what the scale reads when I get back. I plan on eating the local cuisine but I don't plan on gorging. It will be weird to eat off plan.

Good luck all! I hope to read of many success when I get back.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #693
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terilynn77
Stats: 307/228/150
WOE: Atkins 72 ~ NK
Start Date: 2/10/14
Good Morning everyone!

I'm so happy I started reading this message board. You guys are all so inspirational! I hope everyone doesn't mind if I post a few times a week of my menu. I just want to stay accountable, I think it's from years and years of doing weight watchers and journaling everything.

This was yesterday.
B - bacon, eggs made in butter and extra sharp cheese
L - 1 cup lettuce, more extra sharp cheese, boiled egg, 4 oz chicken and marzetti dressing
D - Sirloin Steak and since I was starving (bc I waited so long to eat) I also made another small salad - followign all guidelins. 1 cup mixed lettuce, small amt of shredded cheese and my 1 carb dressing.
S - Sugar Free jello

I'm not weighing myself until it's been 7 days.

Today I tried "bulletproof coffee" but not sure it's for me. My son was watching me make it and said, I hope you aren't taking that in the car with us. LOL...not sure why he was afraid of that?

Hope everyone has a Terrific PLANNED Thursday!

Teri
Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
Thank you all for encouragement and advice/ideas tomorrow is my weigh in we shall see..regardless of what the number is I feel lighter, I feel better, and I have been getting through the days without naps.

Mom is down 5.2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read(maybe even in atkins book) that after day 4 or 5 you are done losing the water weight and everything after is fat loss, or did I totally dream that up?.

I have got something going on with my lower eye lids, I have either got some serious fluid retention or the start of an infection.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #695
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
michellewynos - I have a friend that sells those, interesting you brought it up. Still don’t know what they are, do, etc.

Emerald - I don’t know where that is but if it is in India I am VERY jealous.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Oh I keep forgetting the other day I attempted those cheese crisp, something went terribly wrong, i am guessing wax paper is not the same as parchment paper?? They were stuck and when I tried to peel one loose wax paper stayed on them. Boo
Old 04-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
ReptoGirl, definitely not the same thing. LOL You have to use parchment paper. You'll have a much better outcome!

I've given thought to trying those wraps, I've just been afraid that it wouldn't work. I have loose skin like you wouldn't believe! Bleh!
Old 04-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
TerriLynn: the BPC grows on you but be careful if you're not use to coconut oil in your diet; it can have a laxative type effect on some folks!
Baddabing: too bad about the pepperoni sticks; I thought that the Costco stocked the same ideas?
Reptogirl: being gluten intolerant gives you a HUGE advantage over most folks coming over to Atkins: you already have 1/2 the offending foods out of your diet. Just make sure you EAT enough! And don't be afraid of good fats....
EMerald: have a great trip to Bali
Michellewynos: I never heard of that body wrap you mentioned. I don't have an extra skin problem but am curious how it works?
Just Jo: I don't remember reading about BPC in any of the Atkin books. Think it's something the Keto Paleo folks have been talking about & it's caught on as an easy way to get in more good fats. I maybe wrong
Old 04-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Hello all
Scale stayed the same today. Was hoping for another pound Is that being greedy? It would be awesome to see a pound EVERY day that would be a dream. Just staying with it and seeing what this month brings me. This is my life and Im just fine with that, if I ate any other way I would be having stomach cramping 24/7 and confined to my home afraid not to be close to my bathroom (TMI). I almost look at it like a blessing because I dont get urges to cheat because I know what it feels like to be miserable. Im am officially down 22 pounds and not lightning speed but better than gaining right
Keep on the good fight and we shall all overcome!!!

weight 257/235/130
Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, you're doing an amazing job and 22 pounds is AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work! And remember that the longer it takes, the more likely it is to become a permanent lifestyle change, so that is a good thing!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #701
Senior LCF Member

22 pounds is fantastic!!! Imagine 2 of those 10 pound bags of potatoes strapped to your body and how much harder it would be to walk.

When you aren't happy with the scale results remember that when your cells lose that fat they quickly fill back up with water to maintain theirselves, which can even result in a gain, hang tight because eventually they will give up and release the water, that's why so many people that stick out a non moving scale will eventually see a big whoosh one morning on the scale, it's funny how our body loses weight, I think if it was a constant everyday loss on scale more people would stick with their plan, instead when they see the scale stay put for weeks they give up-at least I know I am guilty of it.

Right now I'm trying to get mom to understand that fat isn't bad for her, it's the carbs and grain, she is on one of those awful statins , and insulin and blood pressure meds, that's what u get when u listen to doctors(majority of them anyways)
Old 04-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Michelle! That's a huge difference!!! Did it last though? When did you do it? Was your weight the same in the 2 pictures?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/199/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi all! I've been lurking for a bit, and thought it time to say hello. I've been gaining much info and inspiration from your posts. I started Atkins about 6 weeks ago, and so far have lost about 17 lbs (I have a very ancient scale, so no weight loss recorded to the tenth of a pound for me!). I have been bouncing around lo carb sites, and getting frustrated with being told to eat more, to add more fat, yadda yadda. I like what I'm hearing here--eat ONLY when you are hungry! Now, I must admit, I'm so eager to lose weight that tonight I am ignoring my stomach growling, even though I've only had about 600 calories today. Do you think that's ok? I mean, as long as I know it's not going to cause me to overeat? It is my thought that as long as I'm in ketosis, if my body needs energy it will go to my body fat for it if I'm not consuming enough calories. Is that right? And my other question, especially for Jo and MG...when you were being very strict, did you count protein grams to make sure you were getting the recommended levels (around 70grams for women is what I've been reading), or did you just eat what you needed to in order to survive? I think around 1000 cal would be very comfortable for me, but I'm eager for weight loss and wouldn't mind cutting down some days, as long as I could still have enough energy for my life (I have to go up and down 2 flights of stairs several times a day leading groups of kids, so I can't be getting light headed).
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Better! Honestly, if you've only had 600 calories, and your stomach is growling, then I wouldn't think you're eating quite enough. Listening to your body means that if your stomach is growling, you should probably eat. I'm not a big believer in the starvation mode theory, but I do think that if you're hungry, you need to eat something. Even if it's just a couple of hard boiled eggs.

I'm still being very strict, because I'm not at goal yet. I don't really keep track of my protein amounts, but my menu is basically the same all the time, and every once in a while I enter my menu into a tracker just to see where I'm at. I don't stress about it, I just check it every now and then.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

reptogirl – I see what you’re saying about the water. I have noticed when losing it appears fat, like the belly is firm then super soft and fluffy then firm then well you get the point.

Betterthanever – Seems this diet thrives on fat eating to get some fat losing. I cant imagine it would be easy to go low cal on a high fat diet.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #706
Senior LCF Member

Mg-got some parchment paper at store tonight! As of right now I'm not hungry, so probably won't try until tomorrow
I just break the cheese up and microwave for 1 minute right?

I'm feeling so good, I knew I was in bad shape, I just don't think I knew how bad..I don't know if it was getting rid of the rest of the grains or the sugars..whatever it was I'm ecstatic. I did well to get out of the house once a week and that was only if we absolutely had to, and it was dreaded for the past 3 days we have been somewhere and it didn't feel like a chore.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Reptogirl, yes. Break it into 4 strips, then each strip into 4 pieces so you have 16 crackers. You can even make ahead of time and store in a ziplock bag. And I'm so glad you're feeling better already. Those are the kinds of things that keep you motivated.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:38 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Friday Morning Everybody!!

MZM -- Hey MZM, I converted your metric to standard and here's what I came up with:

74kg = 163

69kg = 152 = 11 lbs lost in 7 wks (averages to 1.5 lbs [0.68kg] per week)

58kg = 128 = 16 weeks @ 1.5 lbs lost per week. That's not too shabby. Some people would kill for a 1.5 lb loss a week.

I think you're doing an awesome job! But you want to lose it faster -- I understand completely! In any case, you are losing so that's huge!!

michelle -- Those wrap things are pretty cool.

WOW HUGE CONGRATS on losing 22lbs in 2 months!! A 10lbs loss a month is really realistic and so pleased that you have come to grips with that! Remember that any loss is a PLUS in the correct column and if you're faithfully following the plan, you will lose it! I'm here cheering you on!!!

terilynn -- Of course we don't mind you posting anything you want, that's why we are here, to cheer each other on, help each other out and share our successes and failures...

Your menu looks good -- make sure you don't over do the cheese, it can stall you (it does me )

So when is the 7th day weigh in date? **keeping my fingers crossed for a huge loss for you **

reptogirl -- I love your positive attitude! Remember that if you are following the plan and watching out for those killer carbs, you will see results!! Your mom is rockin' this! Tell her huge congrats from me

I think you're right about the water-weight thingy, but to me, it's still a good thing cause the SCALE SAID SO!!

Do you have "pink eye"?

CdnPaleoGuy -- Thanks for the clarification! I never heard of it until I started lurking in these rooms. Like I always say, in order to get the results you want, you gotta tweak this WOE and if adding BPC helps you meet your goal -- go for it!!

Debrat3 --
Debbie congrats on your 22 lb loss! I know we want instant weight loss hence the reason the diet industry makes a killing every year with their voodoo pills, powders and crap! But like the quote says on MtherGoos signature line: "A year from now you're going to wish you started today!" (I love that!!) Continue what you're doing and you'll make your personal goal!! I'm here in your corner, cheering for you, girl!!

betterthanever -- to the LC WOE Party!!
I started out doing 600-800 kcals & 6 carbs daily from 5 July to 1 Jan and lost 100 lbs (I saw my doc every 3 mons and she was fine with what I was doing as long as I wasn't dizzy etc). My rationale was that ppl doing weight loss surgery would have no more than 600 kcals after surgery -- if it was good enough for them, it was good enough for me! LOL

I've lost the last 22 lbs doing an average of 1100 kcals & 6 carbs. I've upped my carbs to 8 almost 2 weeks ago. I don't calculate nutrient percentages -- A'72 was never about % as far as I can remember. I agree completely with what MtherGoos says (she's our resident expert!) -- my only concern would be if you got too hungry you may make poor food choices. I plan everything well in advance so that I don't have to worry about that and I keep a very accurate Food Log -- which keeps me honest!!

Wishing you and all of us, continued success in our LC WOE journey!

Have a fabulous Friday everyone and see ya tomorrow!!

Jo =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Justjo-no it isn't pink eye, which I have never had it before but from what I gather it's worst than this, and not having any discharge/crusty eye
Having another problem today, one of those TMI but I didn't make it to the restroom, didn't even know I had to, until it was too late, had a couple other close calls the past few days, guessing it's my body adjusting to a new way of life-now my stomach just kinda hurts..hopefully it will all even out in a few days. But for now I think I could easily hi back to bed and sleep day away.

Good news today was weigh in day down 4 pounds in 5 days, pretty good bc I have had TOM
Mom was up .4 which still makes her weight loss more than mine, and she started a day after me. Way to go mama! Can't wait to see her get to lose her nightly insulin, she is only on 10 units, she hasn't been taking her metformin. I was telling her about fathead, I haven't seen it just comments, or maybe I have...but anyway I am trying to get her to be friends with the fat
Old 04-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Citricel or like brand in pill form because it will have no carbs = text book Dr. Approved poop. I started and never looked back, well that's not true I always look because I am in the medical field and know it tells you a lot. BTW dont forget you took Pepto Bismal then look I almost called 911.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #711
Senior LCF Member

Ugh I hope I don't have to take something but I guess if I have to i will. I just feel lousy today..could this just all be part of the induction flu?? I was feeling so good yesterday, complete crash today, I also haven't had my coffee or vitamins, I am just now brave enough to try to eat...
So upset after searching every store in town, found some zero carb no sugar BBQ pork rinds we bought 5 bags, just went to eat some , luckily I checked ingredients freaking wheat in it. So much for that bright idea.
Hoping I feel better today.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Try drinking some broth ReptoGirl. Sometimes that can help with induction flu.

I found pork cracklings, which I think are similar to pork rinds, in the meat department at our local store. They're just pork skin, salt, and oil. You might be able to find something like that.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #713
Senior LCF Member

I really think my mom is experiencing induction flu too, she is just really tired today. Well I ate a can of tuna, hopefully I won't have adverse reaction , yeah pork cracklings I know we have a store in town that has the real ones, I have also seen them in bags, always just the regular flavor I wanted something different, as I only like the regular ones if I'm dipping them in tuna, but now that I can make the cheese crisp it will do in place nicely for a snack. So since they have wheat in them should my mom be eating them, I know one of the principals of this way of eating is getting rid of the grains.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wouldn't eat them if they have wheat them. You definitely want to avoid wheat. You could get the plain ones and dip them in some Franks Hot Sauce. I think it has 0 carbs. Or mayo, or melted butter.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #715
Senior LCF Member

I will tell her not to eat anymore of them, I wonder if walmart would give us trouble if we tried to take back the unopened bags of them-maybe just save them for my grandma to eat, she is always wanting our pork rinds.
I have some gluten free beef broth powder I will have to check and see if there is any sugar in it

I might just try the melted butter on the regular ones sometime, I can get the hot and spicy ones with zero carbs and gluten free...but they are too hot for me.

Think it's time to lay on couch and cover up and wallow in my fatigue and yucky feelings.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/199/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
I did eat some cheese curds and a fat bomb last night, which comforted my rumbly tummy. At the Atkins site, everyone was telling me I had to eat 1400-1800 cal. I've tried to do that a couple times, and it almost makes me sick to my stomach (once it actually did!). I just have no appetite on this! I would like to try for the 600-800 cal like you did, Jo, at least for now--though I think I will end up on the 800 side most often. I appreciate the reference to those who did weight loss surgery. I've fasted long-term before, too, and survived just fine! though I think it is better to consume protein so I don't lose what little muscle I have.
So, I'm kind of hearing that those who have done this low cal for a while have not worried about protein consumption minimums, nor fat-protein ratios. I'm taking a good multi-vitamin plus magnesium and potassium. Any other thoughts?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I haven't posted or even read the boards for a couple of days, so many posts to catch up on, I need to get my butt in here every day!

Thanks MG and Jo, I do know that I can be successful at this and I really want to do it this time and not get myself into a needing to lose situation again. I had maintained a 60 lb loss for years but life situations contributed to me gaining back about 20, I have lost 10 of that a couple of times , so I'm really on the home stretch for the last 10, but I'm going to shoot for 15 so I'll have that little cushion.

Everyone seems to be doing quite well--keep it up all!

I notice a lot of posts that you guys count calories, I have never counted calories doing low carb and I don't plan to start that unless I simply can't lose by keeping the carbs very low.

See you tomorrow.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 04-04-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #718
Senior LCF Member

I'm feeling a bit better, I never did get to lay on couch and wallow in my misery, ended up taking a semi hot bath(water heater is a joke)
My stomach still feels tender, I ended up zapping 2 pieces of cheese to make the crackers, better taste than cheezits even mom liked them which really surprised me.

I have a red face which I hate, I always figured it was just due to being so darn fat, but I noticed I have a cousin, teenager that works out etc maybe overweight but not by much and her face is red, believe her brothers are too, grandpas army records listed complexion as ruddy, so then I figured heredity and I'm stuck with it, I noticed tonight while still red, not nearly as bad...maybe just maybe my red face was a reaction to sugar or one of the grains I have eliminated!!!!!!maybe in time I will have a normal color this is super exciting to me, gives me hope and even more incentive to keep those sugars far far away!

And I was thinking about when I started getting fat, was when my mom was pregnant with my sister so I was 8/9 at the time, mom was really sick and she worked overnights and had to sleep, my dad worked afternoons..I had to tend to myself for the most part, I remember eating a whole pack of brownies one evening , I also remember lots of spaghetti os and such, it all fits together so clearly now... I was not eating fatty meat, I was eating straight up carbs and easy foods, those are what made me fat and it just escalated, those foods are made for you to crave more and more. I really never thought about that before...time to beat up my sister
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Better-if you are comfortable @ 800 calories go for it
Don't let anyone tell you that you need to eat more-your body will let you know
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 PM   #720
Senior LCF Member