Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
I love me some cheese too, been very careful to stay under the allowed amount, we finished off a block of Kraft Colby/cheddar blend, which I already had before starting 72, also have some jalepeno but it says it has a small amount of carbs per serving think it was under 1 but that adds up if you eat a few ounces so I will be passing that in to my grandma untouched! I will have to look for tillamook when I go to walmart, I have never heard of it so I am thinking not available in my area, but extra sharp vintage ages cheddar yeah sounds delicious!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
ReptoGirl, I do usually find my Tillamook extra sharp cheddar at Wal-Mart. And even that one is really good. This white vintage aged one I found at Sam's Club, and I also noticed that they do carry it our little local grocery store oddly enough. You might be surprised where you find it.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Hey everyone
Been plugging away here. I am doing fine and wasnt able to weigh since my scale died. I had to get a new battery today. I weighed myself this afternoon and came in at 236 which is awesome since its about dinner time and I am always up later in the day. I ate cheese today which I could regret tomorrow. I shred some on a paper plate and nuke it in the microwave for one big chip. Its good but salty. Been trying to up my water to flush it out. Does that work? I wanna see 235 tomorrow would be new low and so exciting for me. Please please please

weight 257/235/130
Old 04-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
My day started at 630a hours and I did not roll in to the house till almost 9p. I think I need to extend my orientation days to 2 shorter days. I can tell they were all zoning out at about 3 but these movies, tests etc are state mandated and take time! On plan, figured out my goals for induction monthly challenge. Now watching Walking Dead, I actually kind of feel like a walking dead.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:50 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Wednesday Morning Everybody!!

reptogirl -- Wow tell your mom congrats on her weight loss! That's terrific. Yeah, I hear you on the lunch meat thingy. I didn't add that to my daily meal until almost 5 months into this WOE. I was only eating 2 types of protein -- baked chicken breast and canned tuna, because I didn't know there was a zero carb ham out there...

I like weighing everyday cause I have to KNOW!

MZM -- I agree with what MG said about cheese. Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Wedges are a processed cheese product, I'd stay away from them. Low in kcals @ 50 for 3/4 oz but 1 carb gram & Philadelphia Cream cheese 1 oz = 100 kcals & 1 carb gram. A '72 recommends hard, aged cheeses same nutritional info as cream cheese for the most part.

My thing would be how would I stop at ONE wedge of the laughing cow.
I don't do cheese cause it stalls me or makes me crave carbs (or at least I think it does)...

Debrat -- Congrats on the 236!
Ever pound is one pound closer to your goal and that rocks!! I don't know if you can "flush out" the salt, usually makes me retain water weight or gain (hence me cutting back on my beloved crunchy pork rinds ).
But as long as you were eating "clean" then you'll know that's what it was if it happens to you.

Baddabing -- Hey James, you mentioned you had figured out your goals for induction monthly challenge, you wanna share -- cause I'm nosey...

You all have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll see you tomorrow! Wishing all of us CONTINUED success on our LC WOE journey!!

Jo =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-02-2014, 05:02 AM   #666
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MZM
Oh well...that means that the LC n Philadelphia packages in the fridge r gonna stay put for a while... Though i do have one qstn: since im on a fat fast, i rea tht dr A said macadamia nuts or cream cheese work the best...but other cheeses have been recommended too, so ive been sub gouda cheese fr cream cheese.
My menu for the fat fast comprises of 2 servings 8macadia nuts n 2 servings 60 g gouda cheese plus 1/4cup hwc in my tea in the morning...n yet no changes on the scale. M gonna stick with it, though, for as long as i can. But will sub hard cheeses fr gouda. What say u guys? Im disappointed, to be honest, cz i expected great results frm the fat fast, everyone else seems to have had amazing wt loss in3,5 days ..:-/
Old 04-02-2014, 07:05 AM   #667
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terilynn77
Stats: 307/228/150
WOE: Atkins 72 ~ NK
Start Date: 2/10/14
I survived my first day back on A72 yesterday! Woohoo!

So...here is what I ate yesterday. Please critique, comment, analyze...whatever! They are all welcome and very much needed!!

B - 3 slices bacon, scrambled egg with 1/2 oz extra sharp cheddar (egg was made in butter)
L - 1 cup loose mixed lettuce, 1 oz extra sharp cheddar, 4 oz chicken breast, 2T marzetti ranch dressing, boiled egg
D - Angus burger, 1 oz extra sharp cheddar, 2T mayo
S - 1/2 oz pork rinds, SF Jello

I feel like a pig, yet think that I'm hungry about 8pm every night. I know I'm not hungry, it's just in my head. I think I'm eating too much cheese too. I just noticed I have it at every meal?!

Quick question on this bullet proof coffee (at least I think that's what BPC stands for!!) Is this coffee just so you get fat in for the day? I'm confused! Is it tasty? I have been drinking just black coffee, but find this interesting and want to know the benefits!

Thanks!
Teri
Old 04-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning.
I am still on plan and am down 3#. Sounds like cheese stalls some people and doesn't bother others. Would love to have some on my salad, so may try 1 oz and see what happens. I think, too, it may be the salt in it that would really bother me as I have a big problem with sodium.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #669
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72 Induction (Hard Core!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZM View Post
Oh well...that means that the LC n Philadelphia packages in the fridge r gonna stay put for a while... Though i do have one qstn: since im on a fat fast, i rea tht dr A said macadamia nuts or cream cheese work the best...but other cheeses have been recommended too, so ive been sub gouda cheese fr cream cheese.
My menu for the fat fast comprises of 2 servings 8macadia nuts n 2 servings 60 g gouda cheese plus 1/4cup hwc in my tea in the morning...n yet no changes on the scale. M gonna stick with it, though, for as long as i can. But will sub hard cheeses fr gouda. What say u guys? Im disappointed, to be honest, cz i expected great results frm the fat fast, everyone else seems to have had amazing wt loss in3,5 days ..:-/
For the fat fast you can have soft cheeses.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

April Goals
1. Be in the weight that is considered fat level not obese i.e. under 170
2. Measure 28% body fat or less
3. Have a BMI of 29 or lower
4. Be able to fit in my expensive awesome jeans which are a 34 I believe.
5. Weight 165 because…. Why not.
6. Retire my big belt.

If you guys are new and interested in joining its at April Challenge

Not everyone is in 76' but the struggles are the same.

So I don’t know if all you people talking about salt is jinxing me or not but I was eating peperoni on my way to daycare and all I could think was “man this taste salty.”

terilynn77 – You look text book. If he said 4 oz a day and your spreading it then I would assume your fine.

Survive
Old 04-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I am down another pound. I cant remember the last time I was 235. Its been slow but so exciting when I go lower. Again thanks for your help. MtherGoos you really helped me refocus and its paid off. I would love to lose 10 pounds in a month -1 so far
Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #672
Senior LCF Member

I googled tillamook and they had a search your area for our product, says our Kroger carries it, that's the only store in the area that does, so I will look for it next time I go. I bought cheese at aldi, just their brand, it was extra sharp aged Wisconsin cheddar, wasn't expecting much , it is some tasty cheese, I was impressed!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Congrats debrat
Old 04-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Debbie!!! That's exciting!

ReptoGirl, there's just something about that aged cheddar! YUM!!! I could easily overdo it, I have to be careful!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I feel like I totally overindulged in it last night, I hadn't ate any cheese yesterday, and we were watching a movie, so I ate all 4oz watching the movie, I know I shouldn't of done that, but a week ago I would of ate candy and chips and who knows what else, so not beating myself up over it.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

4 oz is what you're allowed in a day, so I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. You did GREAT!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by terilynn77 View Post
Quick question on this bullet proof coffee (at least I think that's what BPC stands for!!) Is this coffee just so you get fat in for the day? I'm confused! Is it tasty? I have been drinking just black coffee, but find this interesting and want to know the benefits!
My DW & I have been making BPC every morning for several months now. Yes, you're getting more fat in (not a bad thing) which will reportedly help spring you into ketosis easier.
We've been making it with coconut oil, butter & occasionally some cinnamon (from Costco). Lots of folks report a similiar taste to a latte.
There's more benefits to the coconut oil; google is your friend
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Speaking of Costco..... I found out mine do not carry the peperoni stix you spoke of.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #679
Senior LCF Member

I am a craving fool, I won't say what items I want because I wouldn't want anyone else reading this to start craving too. I just want it to stop, like right now. My mom baked that ham today, I ate some, not much at all, maybe it is making me crave, or maybe because I didn't have a meal until a few minutes ago, and even that wasn't much.. 3 slices of bacon and just a little bit of ground beef wasn't even enough to make a hamburger so I just crumbled it up, maybe I am getting closer to ketosis and my body is trying to sabotage, and during me being hungry we had to stop @ mcdonalds for my sister, that didn't help, although I have not ate mcdonalds in years and don't plan on it. I just knew I needed to write about it and hopefully get it out of my head some.

Stressed bc I have to go to friends next month, don't want to, she lives a few hours away and needs some help, I can't say no to her, I just know that every time I have ever been on a diet, it gets broke around her, I didn't tell her i was on a diet, just told her I went ahead and cut out all grains and sugar, since I didn't eat wheat anyways...well gluten ..I don't think she knows I'm on a diet.. So I have got to come up with things, that I can eat there...without her knowing that it is atkins. And just hope I can resist and stay strong.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ReptoGirl, first, take a breath. Why aren't you eating? You're setting yourself up for failure by getting too hungry. You need to eat. Real food. If McDonalds is your only choice, then make it work for you. We eat there every Sunday night. I get 2 McDoubles, no bun, no ketchup, no mustard, no onions. Cheap and filling. There are so many good things that you CAN eat, so don't not eat because you're sabotaging yourself.

You have a whole month until you go see your friend. By then, you'll have been on plan for a while, and that will motivate you to keep going. Don't worry about it right now, there's a long time between now and then.

Your body is not trying to sabotage you, you're just not feeding it. So of course you're craving because you're hungry.

You've got this! You can do it, but you've got to follow the plan, and that includes eating.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #681
Senior LCF Member

I had ate a little ham then we had stuff to do, wasn't hungry til about a half hour until we got home, that's when it hit, the first available chance I had I fixed the bacon/ground beef.

No I personally can't eat mcdonalds, even if I wasn't low carb I still can't eat gluten, and even before I was gluten free I wouldn't eat there

I can't explain thing with my friend, but I know what she does, and I also know my triggers, I just hope I have a decent weight loss by then to keep me going, like I said I don't want to go at all,it's up to me to resist all the temptations, and I'm sure she will be sure to get things I can't have, and want to go out to eat, even though she can't eat, she screwed up her lapband, it is just hard to say no to the bad things in life.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's hard to say no, but so worth it. We go out to eat often, and I take my kids to ice cream shops and pizza places and all kinds of things. But you feel better for having said no. If anything even looks tempting to me, I stop and think about how I'll feel after I eat it. I know that I'll feel guilty and be mad at myself and know that I let myself down. I stop and think about that, and that always takes away the temptation. Nothing has been tempting enough to make me want to feel like that.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #683
Senior LCF Member

I know it's worth it to just say no, that's why when I was having cravings earlier I hopped on here and just wrote about it, it helped, like any other feeling it's best to get it out in the open so it doesn't build up

I am a night eater, so I am sure I will have tuna later or cheese , hoping to find some pork steak on sale really soon, it's the only steak I really like and I need variety that's why that ham was about the best i ever had today, I just needed something different.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Getting on here definitely helps, I agree! Just reading and posting and immersing yourself in it really helps you to stay focused.

I LOVE pork steak. One of my favorites. I just throw some seasoning salt on it and we throw it on the grill. YUM!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
You are a strong woman, MtherGoos, I am inspired reading your posts! Unfortunately I'm known to give into temptation even when I know I'll be so disgusted with myself later. I have been reading this thread every day for awhile now and my goal is to lose ten pounds this month. Wish me luck guys, you're going to be my conscience, I'll hear your words whenever I start to stray!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #686
Senior LCF Member

I hope to lose between 10-15 pounds this month tweaker! We can do it!! Temptation is rough, when u think about it eating is about the only thing in life we are in complete control of, unless we are tied down and force fed..although it sure doesn't feel like it.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, thank you Tweaker! I have faith in you and I know you can do it! Trust me, we've all been known to lose it and give in to temptation , reptogirl is right, we do have control over our food and we can get through this together.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 AM   #688
MZM
Junior LCF Member

I just feel like sharing a bit of my experience with you all, especially Reptogirl,i just read her post...

Ive been struggling with my wt for many yrs now. Ive always been a night eater..n before my TOM, i used to binge like crazy. There hv been some seriously crazy twists in my life,and i found comfort in food. I can see that in retrospect only..and thereve been times when i ws slim as in SLIM n my world was perfect.

Well, i had been sort of yo-yo dieting for a long time n the results were as expected...gain, loss,gain gain gain, loss,gain.... I hate the way i look with all this fat, but i have sometimes not cared n sometimes ignored how i look n some times i hv been in denial too. I dont know how it happened, but somewhere in January '14, i ws surfing the net as usual for losing 20pounds in one month (yeah, impatience is my downfall n not seeing quick results always disheartened me n i used to give up). I just happened upon atkins n LCF. Literally. Ive known of atkins n southbeach fr yrs, made a feeble 2week attempt n thn jut got distracted or whatever. So, as i ws saying, i came across it again. N i started reading. And i read and read, n then read some more:-) n along the way somehow i made up my mind to do this n STICK to it. It took me a month to commit to this.

I had learnt to cook only a few months ago after i got married n i ws gorging myself on pasta n cinnamon rolls n stuff. It ws difficult to resist pasta whn my husband ws eating it with no wt gain at all... U get the picture i hope..

So...over a month's time, my interest not only stayed caught, it grew. I started out with a couple of false starts, eating breaded chickenfillets thinking they wr alright n having tea with milk n a qrtr tsp sugar, thinking oh-this-s-harmless...then reading more n saying, ok im doing this wrong so i will start again on Monday (some of u might be familiar with the Monday thing...)

Finally, 2nd week of Feb, i got my bearings right..the two wks of somewhat limited diet had sort of prepared me, and i started off properly. For the first time i ws calculatings carbs, reading labels, n getting to know what i ws puuting un my body. Surprisingly, i wasnt hungry..a couple of times i went mad with sudden hunger n realized i hadnt eaten for 5,6 hrs n it made me overdo the food. Ofcourse going to the supermarket bakery section with a growling stomach n my baking addiction simply made things worse. So i started eating at regular intervals, n especially before v went out. If v had t stop at a mcdonalds, id order a chicken deluxe n just have the veggies n chicken. Initially every weekend whn my husband s home id indulge in one cheat mela(slice of bread n butter, the one thing i miss most). It made me stick to my plan over the week n gave me something to look forward to. If i ws tempted by food, or if my husband out o pure pity wd say here have a bite just one bite, i ws able to say, no, not now..i'll take it on saturday...

Two wks passed n Z started noticing changes in me. I felt lighter but i dint have a scale. I felt full of energy. V went n got us a scale. N to my utter delight, i had lost 10pounds approx in a little over 2wks. So it wasnt just my imagination! see! all tht cheese wasnt making me fat! The program WORKS!!! I ws so motivated, i cut down all the cheats, n literally started steppin onto the scale 10 times a day. I lost a couple more pounds n then i hit the "stall". Nothing moved. A FULL STOP. one day, two days, a week, two weeks...what ws i doing wrong...i began to get disappointed. The last couple of pounds even came back. It ws a disaster.I felt like the fat ws an enemy inside me n i wanted to simply get it out of myself. After 3.5 wks, i decided t do the fat fast...and i joined this community...probably one of the best decisions ive made

And here i am today, 4th day of fat fast, 2.5 pounds down, and hoping for a more substantial change aftr TOM. i hv become accustomed to this way of living i think. I like it. I used to feel really guilty after my cheat, n everytimr i remembered how awful it made me feel, i held back from it.

Reptogirl...u can cover a lot in one month..take it one step at a time...stop fretting over the stay at ur frds place. Im a newbie too, maybe what i dd n my initial stumbling steps can help u. Maybe u guys cn go out fr one meal n u cn hv a controlled"cheat..n then wean urself off of the cheat meals entirely. It will b easier t resist temptation. N u can eat before ur frd does or bfr u guys go out, etc.

During this past month, ive started baking bread at home...i love baking n i keep baking n cooking. I dont get madly hungry. I hv stopped snacking. I hv STOPPED staying up late t eat at 2am or whatever crazy time the urge hit. I hv stopped eating while i read a book..i dont even get uncontrollable cravings bfr my TOM..infact, i do but not such wild ones, n its been easier to manage em.

Although im struggling now with little wt loss in almost a month, n a meagrr change during the fat fast, for the first time ever i still feel hopeful n motivated enough to stick to it. I hope i get results soon, it wd b heartening to see the needle move...but just the overal feeling of being lighter s keeping me going.

Ive gone on for too long. Just felt like sharing. Hope it does some good t someone out there.
Excuse the typing mistakes, im using my phone not the laptop. :-P

God bless.

Last edited by MZM; 04-03-2014 at 03:02 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Thursday Morning, Everybody!

MZM -- Since I don't know your stats, do you have a lot to lose? I guess it's relative. My personal experience has been that the more I have to lose the quicker those first pounds go (I've been doing A'72 since the late 70s -- can you say Yo-yoing? *sigh*). How long is it recommended to do the Fat Fast? Maybe you're like me and dairy & nuts stall you too?

terilynn -- Your daily food intake looks perfect. A '72 said 3-4 oz of hard, aged cheese a day (if it doesn't affect you) so you should be good to go with that.

Bullet Proof Coffee is not an A'72 thingy -- it's a newer version of Atkins.

hopetolose aka GONNAlose -- Awesome on the 3 pounds down. Yeah, I hear you on the salt and the cheese. I'm doing this WOE journey scientifically, experimenting with foods one at a time for at least a week to see how it affects me weight-wise. That's what I love about this WOE, you tweek it to work for you so that you can get the results you want!!

Baddabing -- Thanks for sharing your April goals. LOL @ retire your big belt. I have a belt I wear that now almost wraps twice around me. My BF puts new holes in it for me. He said one day, "just buy a new belt" I said "heck no, it reminds me daily how many inches I've lost" and I couldn't even fit in it when I first started!!!

Debrat -- Oooh Congrats Debbie!! That is sooo awesome! Every successful day is one day closer to your goal!! And I think if you're eating to plan, you will see those 10 pounds GONE by the end of the month! I'm cheering you on, girl!!

reptogirl -- Funny how we look at food now isn't it? You're feeling guilty about eating "legal" cheese and at the correct amount and it's me and those guilty pleasure pork rinds... I do the same thing you do -- I'd be eating CRAP if I didn't have my "carb glasses" on! But you are rockin' this!!!

Temptation is difficult. I sat down one day and wrote out 2 pro and con lists from the advice of a therapist friend of mine. The first list of pros/cons was what the advantages were for staying over-weight, the second list was the advantages for losing the weight. I could not believe the results.
Only pro I had on my list for staying morbidly obese was I could eat whatever I wanted!! And only con I had on my losing the weight list was -- I had to watch those toxic, poisonous, killer carbs... it was a truly eye-opening experience.

Tweaker Geek -- I am not going to wish you luck only because luck to me is out of our control (a randomness that we have no control over). I am going to wish you much success on this LC WOE journey because we control our success and failures when we make our food choices. And if you're following the plan you will see results!! So I am cheering you on!!

MtherGoos -- Always a pleasure to see you here -- you truly make my day!!

I have a personal motto I live by that I call SEAL (borrowed part of it from Dr. Phil):

S = Stay committed
E = Eat & exercise properly
A = Accept the things I cannot control and control the things I can.
L = Live my life to be successful on this WOE

Well on that note, I am wishing ALL of us continued SUCCESS on our LC WOE journey!!

See ya tomorrow!

Jo =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #690
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Hi, JJ. Im 31, 5'3", and weighed in at 74kg(approx 150 pounds plus)..am at 69kgs after 7wks on LC. And goal wt is 58kg min...
Seems really far away...
Closed Thread