Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Michelle, they're a great snack when you need something crunchy! You take one slice of American cheese, NOT the Kraft individual slices that aren't real cheese, but real American cheese slices, and break one slice into 16 little pieces. Place the pieces on a piece of parchment paper and put the parchment paper directly into the microwave. Microwave on high for one minute. They become a crispy little cracker. Once a week I make a baggy full for my BF and he snacks on them all week.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
That's sounds pretty delicious !!!! I will have to look for real cheese slices next time I'm at store
Yeah I double checked my ham, there is dextrose in it, so I just won't eat it, same with the turkey. Blah,

I'm trying not to get started on the cheese, because I reallllly like cheese but it is late at night and I have got the im on a diet so I'm hungry mentality , I also haven't had any of the allowed salad yet, I see a snack in my near future and then hopefully I can sleep tonight
Old 03-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #633
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
Remember he said, if you're hungry, eat. Just eat on plan and soon your appetite will decrease. You've made it through day 1. Awesome!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 33 pounds down, 115 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi Peoples -
Ok, yes I know I don't *really* belong here - but my plan is totally to do some Atkins 72 at some point.
I've gotten into the habit of eating meat 1x per day (at least) but still havent been able to do it without vegetables...Baby steps.

I am curious if any one uses the ketostix - what color are they usually doing Atkins 72?
Mine range from Small to moderate (with trace levels in AM)...Last night they were dark purple --- I am trying to see if there is a dietary correlation. It seemed that when I did DANDR they were consistently darkest purple if I did 'good'...but I also drank no water and tons of diet pepsi.

Also...*sigh* Women - what does your body look like after you lose a crap ton of weight? You can PM me your experience. Basically, I hear of all these women getting lifts and nips and tucks and augmentation and..I can never afford that. I don't really want to go around looking like a tennis ball thrown in a tube sock..Does your body shrink up or are you left with a lot of extra skin?
Will exercising make it go away?
I ask here because there are several of you who have lost a lot of weight in short amounts of time. I have 100 pounds in a year as my goal.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I ended up eating more tuna, with 1 cup of spinach, mayo , a few more pork rinds and 3 olives. Yup day 1 is complete yay! Now just to work on my water intake!
Thanks for everyone's help
Old 03-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #636
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MZM
need help on atkins

hi everyone!
this is my first time here...i started atkins induction about 5 weeks ago( with a couple of false starts etc). Lost 10 pounds in the first two weeks...and after that i hit a stall (?). i read that in a true stall theres no change in inches OR pounds...well, for me, the scale simply refuses to budge, although my clothes are pretty loose now...yet i am so discouraged, its been 3 weeks now (4th week started). am now starting a fat fast..its my second day and as yet no changes on the scale. so, HELP!

my stats are :

31 yr old female, 5'3"
was 74 kgs, now 69 (going between 69/70 up and down)
target weight 58 kgs
TRYING to follow the original atkins 72 plan

as you can see, i have atleast 11kgs (22 pounds) to lose, and i am on extended induction

any advice?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:22 AM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Monday Morning, Everybody!

michelle -- Congrats on the 204!! Hope by the time you read this it will be more!! Every pound lost is a pound closer to your personal weight goal. Change your stats, michelle to celebrate this accomplishment!!

Bella -- Welcome back to the LC WOE Party!!! Yep for me it's the same, if I stick to A'72 WOE I can and do lose the weight! It really is one of the few WOE that work perfectly every time I do it. Now I am going to keep it my WOE and not think of it as a means to an end (lose the weight by low carbing then go back to eating like regular carb eating people -- stupid yo-yo cycle). This is a WOE not a diet...

And age has NOTHING to do with the ability to lose the weight, I just turned 55 on Saturday and I've lost 122 pounds since 5 July 2013 My Independence Day 39 weeks ago!

I betcha you can get down to 135! I wanted to get down to 155 because that was the lowest I have EVER EVER been in my adult life... but I underestimated my tenacity and here I am at 128 pounds. Don't sell your self short, is all I am saying! If you follow the plan religiously, you will see results!

I'm with you on the "business" of Atkins thingy. A'72 is the purest form of his LC WOE but people have lost weight following the newer versions of Atkins, this place is full of them.

As for water, I don't measure it. But I stay hydrated.

Emerald -- Yep I hear you, Em. It's the same for me -- it's the salt content & just water weight!

Reptogirl -- I know how you feel about the meats, good plan by the way of eating them sparingly. Just keep track of the number of carbs and you should be good to go.

As MG said, the mayo should not be a problem unless you are super carb intolerant and the sugar spikes a craving.

Ditto what MG said about posting too much, that's what this is about, your place to post your questions, observations, successes & failures.

I have no idea what dt faygo is... LOL

About the keto-stixs -- I haven't used them since my first successful attempt at A'72 back in the late 70's. This WOE works without having to tinkle on a stick and to me it's just ONE MORE STRESSOR!

Baddabing -- Hey James, the same can be said for weight loss surgery -- they really never learn how to eat properly. I did research before I started A'72 again this time around. Found out that WLS peeps don't eat more than 600 kcals daily for 3 or 4 months after the surgery and a lot are placed on a restrictive low carb diet before surgery. I'm thinking well I can do that with A'72 and that's when I decided to start at around 800 kcals a day because LET'S FACE IT -- we want QUICK results!! And I got 'em. Now I am going to tweak this WOE so I know EXACTLY how many daily carbs and kcals I can have each day without gaining/losing the weight!

Partyof7 -- of course you belong here, it's a free country errr hummm, website!! Welcome back!!

I don't do the ketostix thingy, if you follow A'72 correctly, you will get results. To me, it's one more thing to stress over, like the scale isn't enough of a fiend!!!

Well I have the extra skin, it's not too bad -- I would never do surgery, well NOT AT MY AGE. Like you said, it's expensive and it can be dangerous. Exercise will not get rid of it. There's only so much elasticity in skin. In clothes, I look amazing, not so much without, but only four people see me naked, the BF, the doc, me and God. The BF has seen me through literally "thick and thin" and he's fine with it. Like he says, as long as I'm happy he's happy. There are some really good foundation underwear out there you can try.

Well I've added my two cents worth for today! You all have a wonderful Monday and I'll see you tomorrow!!

Jo =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 03-31-2014, 06:15 AM   #638
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hi Peoples -
Ok, yes I know I don't *really* belong here - but my plan is totally to do some Atkins 72 at some point.
I've gotten into the habit of eating meat 1x per day (at least) but still havent been able to do it without vegetables...Baby steps.

I am curious if any one uses the ketostix - what color are they usually doing Atkins 72?
Mine range from Small to moderate (with trace levels in AM)...Last night they were dark purple --- I am trying to see if there is a dietary correlation. It seemed that when I did DANDR they were consistently darkest purple if I did 'good'...but I also drank no water and tons of diet pepsi.

Also...*sigh* Women - what does your body look like after you lose a crap ton of weight? You can PM me your experience. Basically, I hear of all these women getting lifts and nips and tucks and augmentation and..I can never afford that. I don't really want to go around looking like a tennis ball thrown in a tube sock..Does your body shrink up or are you left with a lot of extra skin?
Will exercising make it go away?
I ask here because there are several of you who have lost a lot of weight in short amounts of time. I have 100 pounds in a year as my goal.
I'll be getting surgery for sure. I've lost a little over a hundred pounds and no amount of exercise is gong to make my skin look better.

Also the ketostix will go darker if you have consumed dietary fat and not a lot of liquids. It does not matter how dark the sticks turn. It's like if you're pregnant. You are either pregnant or your not. There is no varying degrees. You are either in ketosis or you're not.

Last edited by Emerald; 03-31-2014 at 06:19 AM..
Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 AM   #639
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZM View Post
hi everyone!
this is my first time here...i started atkins induction about 5 weeks ago( with a couple of false starts etc). Lost 10 pounds in the first two weeks...and after that i hit a stall (?). i read that in a true stall theres no change in inches OR pounds...well, for me, the scale simply refuses to budge, although my clothes are pretty loose now...yet i am so discouraged, its been 3 weeks now (4th week started). am now starting a fat fast..its my second day and as yet no changes on the scale. so, HELP!

my stats are :

31 yr old female, 5'3"
was 74 kgs, now 69 (going between 69/70 up and down)
target weight 58 kgs
TRYING to follow the original atkins 72 plan

as you can see, i have atleast 11kgs (22 pounds) to lose, and i am on extended induction

any advice?
Can you give us your daily menu?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #640
Big Yapper!!!!

It's too early to be awake yet. So I couldn't make my BPC as it's too loud to run the bullet. I don't want to wake up my husband. So I put a little cream in my coffee. Watch me gain five pounds because of it. lol
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #641
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: patsue
Stats: 180/180/150
WOE: Points Plus
Start Date: July 20, 2014
After One Week

Yeh, down from 179 to 174.8, sticks still at a trace.
Will check in later, really busy at work.
Good luck to you all.
Sue
Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #642
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Hello everyone

im new to this forum although i have been reading things here over the past couple of months...

well, i started atkins induction mid feb (about 5weeks ago) and lost 10pounds in the first 2weeks. after that, for the past 3weeks now(4th week started yesterday) my weight is STUCK! i have read that a true stall means no change in inches OR pounds...although my clothes seem loose, the scale is simply refusing to budge. i plan to stay in extended induction on the original atkins 72 plan, but i am SO disheartened right now.. i really want to lose weight, and FAST (ofcourse), but sticking to the plan is seeming really difficult nowadays...plus i cheated on my birthday last week:-(

i have started a fat fast yesterday, and yet no changes today...

here are my stats:

31 yr old housewife

ht: 5'3"

was : 74 kg

now : 69.5 kg

goal wt: 58 kg MINIMUM

please give me some advice as to what to do, i am panicking here!

Last edited by MZM; 03-31-2014 at 11:02 AM..
Old 03-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #643
MZM
Junior LCF Member

heheh... yeah, my posts were sent to the mpderators, so apologies for the repeats:P

ummm my daily menu for regular induction is:
breakfast:
tea with whipping cream (2 tbsp) sweetened with 1/2 tsp splenda &/or two eggs (fried or hardboiled) ... sometimes i take the eggs for lunch

lunch:
two scrambled eggs or chicken prep with a tomato/chilli paste (asian cuisine, but i dry it out)
lettuce, cucumbers ... approx 1 cup

dinner
same as lunch

snack (which i took for a while and then got tired of it) 2tbsp each philadelphia cream cheese n sour cream with a dash of vanilla
but i think it contributed to my stall so i left it after a few days

and ive eaten the following on my fat fast:
day 1:
breakfast: tea with 60ml whipping cream
snack: 2 oz dutch gouda cheese mild
lunch: 2 oz dutch gouda cheese mild
snack & dinner:15 g macadamia nuts per meal

day 2:
breaqkfast : tea with 60ml whipping cream
lunch : macadamia nuts 15g
late evening snack: macadamia nuts 15 g
dinner: dutch gouda cheese 4 oz

also went for a brisk walk today...
it might be water retention due to the upcoming TOM? i dont know... really anxious to see the scale shift by the morning or ANY time tmw

thx for the reply

Last edited by MZM; 03-31-2014 at 11:16 AM..
Old 03-31-2014, 12:09 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
MZM; lots of knowledgeable folks here to help you along. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Emerald: if the coffee is hot enough, the coconut oil & butter should melt with some help with the spoon stirring it
I use an immersion blender & no one gets up to see what I'm doing.
Just Jo: just 4 people have seen you naked; pretty funny lineup
Well, the weight is s l o w l y coming off. Stepped on the scale & read 255. Will have to cross check against the one at the YMCA.
Time to find an e version of the 72 edition of Atkins to read on the bus. I enjoy finding tidbits that I missed on previous passes through the book.
Enjoy the rest of the day...
Old 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM   #645
MZM
Junior LCF Member

I just dont know what im doing wrong...i plan on staying on the fat fast for atleast a week...will post results aftrt that...thx for the support...its amazing how motivating this is!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Went back to store, apparently all ham has carbs, they didn't have any turkey out, found some lunch meat with no fillers but too expensive so I didn't bother to check carb count, I try to avoid walmart, and even more so their meat department but it looks like I might have to end up going there. That has pretty much been my day haven't had a chance to eat yet, gotta talk my mom into boiling eggs for me, because I hate it(yeah how much more simple could u get) and then I can make some deviled eggs, even got some real cheese slices to try the "crackers"
Old 03-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #647
Senior LCF Member

Just ate for first time today , a feast,. I'm sure many a low fat low calorie dieter has dreamed of my meal.haha 2 bacon cheeseburgers, real beef, real bacon , full fat cheese, fatty mayo and some spinach .... Very delicious . Oh I forgot to mention earlier i haven't felt like crap today--as far as being tired i mean, not full of energy , but not my normal ran down in desperate need of a nap self. I'm having some anxiety issues but with my home life that's kinda the normal. What is everyone else feasting upon today?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

Hi MZM! Ok, I'm not sure which version of Atkins you're following, but since you're posting here, I'm assuming its the 72 version. You talk about doing an extended induction, but I notice a few things on your menu that aren't really induction foods. If you feel like you're stuck, I would clean it up a little. Stick to meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. That's it. Get rid of everything else. And stick to hard cheeses. Then see what happens. Also keep in mind that its totally normal to have periods of time where the scale may not move. I may go weeks where I don't lose at all, then I will have a week where I drop 3-4 pounds. Hormones and other factors can really play into it. But if you're patient and consistent you will start to lose again. Don't cheat. One little cheat can take a week to recover from.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 03-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Reptogirl, you can buy eggs already hard boiled and peeled. That's what I do and it really helps keep me on track. Your best bets for meat are to stick to the real meats and avoid lunch meats and processed meats as much as possible. Chickens, steaks, pork steaks, ground beef, whole turkeys, and things like that.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #650
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Ok, so, I quit eating american cheese, because it had carbs in it.....i switched it to block pepperjack cheese. My burgers are no longer my favorite thing to eat!!! Think I am gonna go back to american.....it never really hurt my weight loss, and I enjoyed it!!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:42 PM   #651
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I have tried to post 3 times today, got distracted and never finished. The first one was really long, incite full, I think I even figured out world peace. Unfortunately I forgot what I said.

Anyway, I did finish the book yesterday in a long supper hot bath.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #652
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Oh, ya.......also my TOM is coming, so, am hungry allllll the time and I gained 2 lbs.....ugh!!! Just got down to my lowest.....but I know it will come off again....just does not look like I am going to make my mini-goal.....sad, sad, sad!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:33 PM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Yeah TOM here too, early and unexpected. Before I went gluten free I would gain 7-10 pounds during this time, after I went gluten free i held steady and even had a few losses, it wasn't with induction, it was when I did JUDDD . It really is a shame the things that are passed off as food and all the trouble they cause and majority of ppl don't even know why they feel the way they do.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:18 PM   #654
MZM
Junior LCF Member

thx for the reply
yep, its the 72 version im trying to follow, n yes i did indeed need to clean it up, which i will once i start again after my fat fast... just one thing, if anyone can advise me: is mild gouda cheese ok? i tried aged swiss cheese (sara lee, all natural) and boy, was it bitter! i havent been much into cheese before this, so im trying em out now... there was aged gouda cheese aval, but it looked pretty awful! the one im having now is a bit like cheddar...

any suggestions regarding the fat fast?

good luck to everyone
Old 04-01-2014, 03:56 AM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Morning Everybody!!

patsue -- Congrats on the loss! If you're following the plan, you'll see results no matter what the stixs say.

MZM -- to the LC WOE Party, M! I stall or get cravings with dairy (and nuts), so you may want to look into that.

Like MG said (she's our resident expert) if you're doing A '72, some of your food choices aren't. Simple, clean eating works best if you want the results and sticking religiously to the plan. I've never done a fat fast, so I have no idea how that works.

In any case, I'm cheering you on and wishing you much success on your LC WOE journey!

CdnPaleoGuy -- Glad I made you laugh!!!

reptogirl -- I found a carb free ham: Oscar Myer Deli Fresh Smoked or Black Forest Ham it's 25 kcals per oz and ZERO carbs.

michelle -- You're one of the lucky ones if American Processed Cheese doesn't affect you -- I can't eat any kind of cheese

baddabing -- World Peace, huh? LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Thanks just Jo, I'm trying to stay away from the lunch meat, but glad to know that it's out there, I am sure at some point I will need a quick option if I'm going to be away from home.

My mom was already down 3 pounds, after her first day
262.6 was her starting and today was 259.4

I think I have decided to weigh every 5 days, although I have wanted to jump on the scale so bad, so I've got a few more days before my first weigh in

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day, we have had several days of spring , so nice after the incredibly long winter we have had
Old 04-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #657
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Thx Just Jo :-)
Old 04-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #658
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Is anyone eating the laughing cow cream cheese wedges?? Are they allowed?Or which cream cheese would u guys recommend? Kraft cheddar/philadelphia/LC??
Old 04-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #659
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Thx MthrGoos... Ive nvr had any hard cheeses..they're going on my midweek shopping list now...i ws thinking i'l switch to induction after 5/7 days of fat fast, so will strt with the hard cheeses then...4days more t go! Whew.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

I try to avoid much cream cheese, but if I'm going to have any, it's usually Philadelphia full fat plain cream cheese. Last night I tried the Tillamook Extra Sharp Vintage Aged Cheddar Cheese. I always assumed it was the same as the Tillamook Extra Sharp orange cheddar that I always buy..... but no. It was AMAZING! Seriously the best cheese I've ever had. I'll admit, I'm a cheese freak, and I love it, but this was seriously good. The flavor is nice and strong. I always keep my cheese to just a couple of ounces each day, I don't want to overdo it. This stuff is extremely yummy.

James, where are you today?
Closed Thread