Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I was .2 from my lowest weight this morning. Have you ever jump off and on the scale just in case it decides to move lower?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
LOL Debbie, I always get on and off it several times to make sure it's accurate. You're doing great though! You'll be in new territory in no time!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I got to the store and got at least some of the stuff I needed, was stressing, all the bacon was cured with sugar, brown sugar or maple sugar oh oh even corn syrup so I still have to go to another store with an actual meat department and just get the deli bacon and hope that it works I was at aldi, so they have a smaller selection, we got a small frozen turkey it says 2 carbs, so does the ham, I checked the ingredients didn't see sugar listed, hopefully it will all be good , I just don't want to screw myself up before I get started..
I am used to eating gluten free except for a nov-March binge of bread and other poison yummness so I can handle that part of this
I am so ready to kill this sugar beast raging inside of me!! Starting tomorrow and looking forward to it, mom isn't starting tomorrow she says Monday , I will just have a one day head start on her, I will probably have to really monitor her blood sugar, I give her insulin every night and I'm guessing if she stays serious on this plan she won't need it
Old 03-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #604
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
Good luck! Are you having a blow out tonight? My last big eat out I had calamari and copious amounts of wine. I'm not a sweet eater, I much prefer salty foods. Or sweet with salty.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

No not really, I might have a real coke later or one last coffee with my creamer, for dinner believe it or not I ate a salad, it was huge and delicious but I think the dressing had gluten in it, because I feel lousy-lethargic and a headache. It was from a pizza , sub place. But I was craving one, if it wasn't for gluten issue it would of been pizza as a last blowout and brownies.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #606
Big Yapper!!!!

Well good for you. I'm certain I made it harder to get into ketosis by over eating the prior night.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/181/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Lol, am i the only person who weighs their self 20 times a day.....every day????
Old 03-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

That's a huge downfall of mine weighing too often, which would be fine if I could get it into my stubborn hard head that its just a number, it fluctuates and it is impossible for it to go down every single day. But yeah I would weigh several times a day, never 20 but alot! easily 5 times if not more-but that stupid number had a huge impact on my mood that day. Not doing it this time! I will weigh, I haven't decided how often yet, I'm going to focus more on how i feel, I am so done with feeling tired all the time, who wouldn't be tired carrying over 200 extra pounds around , I'm only 5'4 , I will be 35 this year and started getting fat at around age 10. Enough is enough
Old 03-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I have been reading, and reading, and reading and I think I am close to the part where you start the diet because he is now going into keto stixs but honestly all the chapters are so similar that I think he could have got it done in one, three at the most. I wonder if he was required to have X amount of words or something? He used a word really oddly something like water chestnuts wrapped in bacon make a good canopy..... I never seen that word used like that it stopped me in my tracks as I was speed reading through.

This is going to sound weird but along with many things I found today I found eggs in the fridge that I did not realize I had so I will be having a proper omelet and bacon tomorrow morning.

Survive
Old 03-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Repto- I never let the number get me upset.....if I did not lose today, hopefully I will lose tomorrow. But, I do get SUPER excited when it goes down!! That makes my whole day!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:57 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Sunday Morning, Everybody!!

reptogirl -- Thanks for the compliment -- I woke up a pound lighter this morning -- Holy HANNAH!! -122 in 38 weeks, tomorrow is start of week 39.

I agree completely with keeping it clean and simple. The more I play around with food (slice, dice etc), touch it, the more I tend to over eat. Yeah, I have portion control issues as well as being carb-intolerant!!!

What MG said about pre-shredded cheese is so spot on. It's coated to prevent it from sticking together (usually a starch which is a huge no-no). I live in a pretty small town too, we have a Lowe's and Wal-mart for our grocery needs... LOL

I wouldn't eat any protein that has carbs -- since almost all protein is carb free. Is your turkey smoked?

I find that a lot of pork product have carbs too and it's usually the way they cure it. I avoid all pork aside from pork rinds and Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Smoked or Black Forest Ham (zero carbs and 25 kcals per oz).

Baddabing -- Hey James, that is sooo awesome about fitting in the new size!! Don't do what I've done for years and years. I use to box up the fat clothes and store them away. Then it hit me like a mac truck one day -- HOLY HANNAH I was giving myself permission to FAIL to go back to being FAT Jo (from Jersey LOL ). This time I took them all to our local charity thrift store... I have nothing in my closet that isn't a size 6 or med/large. All the fat clothes are GONE. It's liberating.

So here's a little joke I created:

When you gain weight you "out grow your clothes" when you lose weight do you "in grow your clothes?"

I've spent some time thinking about it and the correct answer is "Charge!!" LOL

I agree about the going out to eat thing -- so I usually eat before hand (if I'm hungry) or wait until I get back. I don't want to screw up what I've worked so hard to accomplish -- it's not worth it and I'm a little leery of eating food I don't prepare myself or watch someone prepare for me... (I'm getting paranoid about what I eat).

BTW, I like your new pic!!

michelle -- Welcome back girl!! Congrats on the weight loss.

Hey I'm questioning your American cheese on your menu, is it like Kraft with the cellophane wrapper? Each slice has 2.46 carb grams (31 kcals) and it's actually called a Processed Cheese Product -- not real cheese at all!

Debrat -- Can you say OF COURSE!! I think we all do it. Personally, I weigh everyday, almost the same time every morning. But you gotta understand that if you are following this WOE religiously, you will see results, that's the beautiful part.

I gained like 3 lbs last week and realized it was daily consumption of pork rinds -- perfectly legal on this WOE. Then it hit me -- they are high in salt -- I was retaining water. So I stopped eating them and within 2 days I was back down to 129. So instead of eating them daily, I'll have the several times a week. I figure if I weigh myself everyday, I can track what foods are giving me issues!

You all have a wonderful Sunday, see you tomorrow!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #612
Senior LCF Member

:jump joy: Down to 204!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #613
Senior LCF Member

:jump joy: Down to 204!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
Start Date: 1-16-07
Good morning!

Time to get back on plan I will post more about my story soon, but suffice it to say my last official round with Atkins was in 2007, met goal of 150, actually got to 140, and over time am now up at 167. Not too bad as I started at 210, but.....I am officially 17 lbs over goal so as of today I am starting over on induction.

I have found that Atkins is the only way to lose weight (for me) along with exercise. The first time I tried Atkins I was 23 and weighed 205. Got down to 135. (ok, I was young) but could not maintain it and evened out at 155. If I could get to that now, I would be happy! But trying for 150.

Thanks!
Bella
Old 03-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
Start Date: 1-16-07
[QUOTE=Aomiel;16670018]This is just my 'opinion' and I'm not going to get into arguments with people over it, but...despite people saying it's because Atkins 'learned' more and adjusted the diet accordingly...I think it had more to do with Atkins becoming less of a diet and more of a 'business' and trying to sell their Atkins products. Plus, many people find '72 restrictive. I think it's only as restrictive as you make it because after induction, you can slowly add carbs back in until you find your CCL...just as the other Atkins plans do (as far as their levels of carbs).

This is exactly true in my opinion. There were no bars or shakes in 1976 when I first did the plan, only the book to follow. Those bars and shakes are laden with hidden carbs.

Bella
Old 03-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #616
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL Talking about pork rinds I had some last night and I was up .2 a pound today. Boo.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Boo I am stuck with the meat we have, I can't throw out over $20 of meat , and I can't afford to just go back and buy more really, I don't know what to do. I will just have to eat it sparingly and feed most of it to my grandma.

The salt content and retaining water is another reason why I don't want to weigh everyday, at least not right now. Because I know I will be eating pork rinds and I don't want to get upset lol.

I am drinking my black coffee right now.. And I'm surviving....actually not too bad.
I figure the less chemicals my body has to process the more it can focus on essential functions like becoming a fat burning beast
Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Having my first Atkins friendly meal well first in a long long time. Can of tuna, mayo, and pork rinds. I noticed my mayo, kraft brands says zero carbs but in ingredients says something like May contain less than 2% of the following and sugar was one of them, grrrr sugar is kinda like gluten they try to stick it in everything. Sorry i post so much I tend to over analyze everything to point of obsession
Old 03-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #619
Senior LCF Member

And welcome back Bella, I recognize u from reading old threads! Good that u are getting back now and taking control
Old 03-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ReptoGirl, post as often as you wish! That's what we're here for! I know, it annoys me too that there is sugar in EVERYTHING! I think that Duke's Mayo is one of the only ones without sugar in it. I used to order it online, but now I just use the Best Foods or Kraft. I don't think there's enough sugar to cause a problem.

Congrats Michelle!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Congrats Jo!!! You are doing so amazing!! Like you, I kept all my too big clothes for a while, then I finally just bagged them all up and took them to Goodwill! Now my closet is FULL (too full, and I have the credit card bills to prove it!) of new smaller clothes that I love! It's so wonderful not to have to just wear the biggest tent I can find to fit around my body, but to be able to actually buy the things I like!

James, how was that omelette? If I find something in my refrig that I forgot was there, it usually has things growing on it!
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #621
Senior LCF Member

The wife is sleeping and I am feeling like sippin diet coke and typing so forgive me....

So today is my thinking about stuff day and since all I do is eat, work, play, study Atkins lately I am usually in mind of stuff I have read. I listen to Julia Michael’s and it seems when people are working with her she always goes the emotional attachment to eating and I guess she must be right with them but I always wondered if I am that because I don’t always think of anything when I eat. And believe me between my really crappy childhood, a horrible divorce, and some of the things I have had to do or witness this should be an issue.

I have lost a lot of weight three times in my life. 1. Doing Atkins the book that was available around the time that 9/11 happened. 2. Lost weight after getting a three months supply of some kind of tiny white pill of which the name escapes me, and by lost weight I mean LOST WEIGHT! And 3. Doing Atkins now. In all three cases I lost weight not because my life was in order or some other means like that it was because I had no appetite. I was not constantly hungry. I wonder if most people are really fat due to the body signaling you to eat more than stress etc.

When I think of it if something bad happens I don’t dive into a huge ice cream container etc the only time I can correlate food with events is more like….. watching a football game equals wings, popcorn at movies, certain holidays equal food and drink of that holiday etc. So in the end I need to find a way to reduce hunger when I ease off of induction or I will be forever hungry. Wish there was just some kind of button I could turn off that would allow me to decide for myself when I am hungry when I am not on Atkins.

BTW even though I am a purest and almost always shed my own cheese, even when I was not on a diet, I am REALLY pissed about this shredded cheese information. STOP screwing with the FOOD!!!! I own one of those shredders that you crank, it tears though cheese like a hot knife on butter.

Just Jo – You threw a ton of stuff out there. I plan on growing into more clothes a0s we speak. I have like 5 pair of high end jeans that I am just waiting to lose into!!!!

michellewynos – you will be in wonderland by this day next week!

Welcome Bella – I agree with you entirely. When I was deciding what diet to do back in the day I chose his because it was a food diet. I think he had shakes but he never really pushed it in the literature. Honestly if I had been doing the same research today I would have not chosen this diet because it just like the low fat count the points on the processed food boxes etc which is very sad.

reptogirl – Your having my new fave meal. I guess I don’t have a water retention issue and I know I am not a women but….. I think you would still lose weight at the same rate you would just not get that huge drop the 1st two weeks? Maybe someone with more experience can weight in on this.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Mother - we have 2 fridges. One in the house one in the garage. We made a costco run last week and still had to go to the grocery store so I shoved all the costco stuff in the adult drink / pop fridge and took off so the eggs were like 5 days old. There was bacon in there too.

The onlet was GREAT but leads to a question on cheese!!!!

I bought a HUGE block of sharp cheddar that was Kirkland brand. When I was cutting it up into one ounce cubes for accountability I noticed that the cheese was a lot more crumbly than any bock of cheese I had done this to before. Is that a sign that the cheddar is better or is something wrong with my cheese. Tasted good..

And one last rant about Atkins Nutritional processed food. If one learns to lose weight only eating what they prepared for then how will they ever learn about food and its affects on the body when they have to tweak this and that and find out the man screwed with our shredded cheese etc? And how do we know the Soilent Green is not made out of people?
Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

James, sometimes if I freeze the cheese, I find that it is more crumbly when I go to use it. I wonder if maybe yours just got a little too cold somewhere along the line? I wouldn't worry about it as long as it tastes okay.

And I totally understand about the frustration with our food being messed with. It sucks. That's why you can't trust just about anything. Buy it in the purest form you can and do all the preparation you can by yourself.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #624
Senior LCF Member

Did they stop making diet faygo? I went to two different places today, both places used to have it! I settled with a cherry coke zero, really wanted a faygo diet creme soda...I ate but I am starting to be hungry again, and I imagine I will be for a few days until the ketosis kicks in, I figured I would skip the sticks for now, maybe eventually I will buy some, but as long as I'm staying on induction , keeping it simple, and not adding in carbs-I shouldn't "need" them
Old 03-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #625
Big Yapper!!!!

If you're hungry eat a deviled egg. Protein and fat. Sates every time.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #626
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I probably need to make some deviled eggs, right now my energy is wavering on zero, and my anxiety is up, we had company and ppl stress me out lol! I did make it to store and got some real bacon and ground beef. Deviled eggs do sound good!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I make a batch of things like deviled eggs, cheese crackers, and things like that once a week and keep them on hand so that we've got them all week to snack on. That way you never get so hungry and tired that you reach for something that isn't on plan.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #628
Senior LCF Member

mthergoose- what are cheese crackers?

Thanks for the cheers everyone!!! Stretching to reach that 199 goal by april 6th....wish me luck!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #629
Big Yapper!!!!

There is one thing that I eat on A72 that is not on the list and that Shirataki noodles. They don't hinder me at all. Plus I asked my doc to give me a Blood Glucose Machine even though I don't have pre or diabetes so I could check out certain foods and the noodles have never raised my sugar levels.

I can't say for sure but I would be willing to be that he Dr. Atkins would be okay with them.

Oh and I don't use the tofu ones. I stay away from ALL soy products.

YMMV
Old 03-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

How much water are you guys drinking? I am just not a fan, but I know I need it.
Closed Thread