Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Congratulations! You're doing an awesome job! You'll find that the longer you stay on induction, the less you'll have any desire to add little things back in.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK!

It old as heck but it is a hard back and the pages are clean! Cant wait to start reading it. I was not going to take a bath tonight because I showered at the gym but that is prime time reading time for me so I may wander in there in a bit.

MtherGoos, whats this about pickles you say? Normally I dont go for it but just reading it made me want one!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #543
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK! I GOT MY BOOK!

It old as heck but it is a hard back and the pages are clean! Cant wait to start reading it. I was not going to take a bath tonight because I showered at the gym but that is prime time reading time for me so I may wander in there in a bit.

MtherGoos, whats this about pickles you say? Normally I dont go for it but just reading it made me want one!
Did you happen to get your book today?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:20 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Hello Everyone! I have not posted in a few days because I have been so busy, but I have good news: I am now down to 316.2!!! (from 331 on March 3rd) So that is...about 15 lbs in 21 days! I was so disappointed last week when I had gone up about 3 lbs because of my drinking binge (at least it wasn't 9!) and it took all week to repair the damage. but now I am 1 lb less than when I bleeped up.

I cut out my coffee in the morning which was filled with cream and sweeteners, and it seems to be the trick. So now I am just following induction with no further additions until I feel comfortable enough to add a little something back in. That may be months from now - who knows.

For now I am happy that another lb bit the dust and has gone the way of the dinosaurs (I sure hope so!) and I can get back to clean living and clean eating. I just finished my breakfast of 2 eggs scrambled up with some leftover taco meat. I plan on a good tuna salad this afternoon with celery and cheese! Not decided on dinner yet. I like to plan everything before hand so I can tweak to adjust my fats and proteins correctly. Right now, 75% fat, 24% protein and 1% carb seems to work for me so I try to keep my menu in that range.

It's nice to see others joining in here. I am not so busy right now so I plan on logging on daily to read the blogs. HAPPY ATKINS EVERYONE!
Good Morning Everybody!

AWESOMENESS Pauletticus -- I am so happy for you!!! It's always gratifying knowing what food or drink is stalling you so that you can avoid it. I know you can do this!! I'm here in south central New Mexico cheering you on!

Emerald -- LOL about the book!!!

Baddabing -- so glad you got the book!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 03-25-2014, 06:43 AM   #545
Big Yapper!!!!

I must say, Atkins 72 has really recharged me. I have lost 100lbs low carbing but I will use A72 for the next 40.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member

OK I am now a little more read and still see why I found the induction phases so confusing….. I am going to sum it all up and you tell me if I am off or got it.

Induction – Meat eggs cheese fat as much as needed looking for dark purple on the stick and at least a week then…..
Level 2 = 5 to 8 carbs more
Level 3 = 5 to 8 carbs more
Level 4 = 5 to 8 carbs more
Level 5 = 5 to 8 carbs more

Go up levels using foods in all lists after induction as wanted in no particular order until you reach your CCL then form then on you are good as long as the CCL does not change, which it will eventually. Seem about right?

And this pickle? Is he talking about those giant pickles pregnant woman eat or was there a smaller one in the 70’s?
I get a kick reading a book that is about the lifestyles of people livening in the 70’s especially when he was talking about alcohol.

Survive
Old 03-25-2014, 08:22 AM   #547
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: patsue
Stats: 180/180/150
WOE: Points Plus
Start Date: July 20, 2014
Induction Headache

Morning Everyone, Day 2 for me, last night around 7:30 started the headache, still got it this a.m., hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone.
Here's to a good eating day.
Sue
Old 03-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

The headache will go away. I usually feels not so good the second day then after that I am good. Since your working out you may notice a energy slump but it comes back pretty quick. Your on track keep it up!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Patsue, try drinking some broth. It can really help with that induction flu headache.

James, yup, it sounds like you've got it. Move up the ladder when you're ready. You can stay in the first stage of induction for as long as you'd like, and then move up when you're ready. As for the pickles..... I have no idea. LOL I would say NOT one of the huge ones, but maybe a few dill pickle spears. Just a guess on my part.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #550
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abt5280
Stats: 223/223/135
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 3/19/2014
Hi all! Still plugging away on A72! Heartburn is a distant memory now, thank goodness! I'm noticing I eat a lot less often with this lifestyle. I mean I still get my 3 squares, but sometimes I actually forget to eat and eat much later!

Anyway, that's it for now, just wanted to stop by and check in!
-Amanda
Old 03-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #551
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: patsue
Stats: 180/180/150
WOE: Points Plus
Start Date: July 20, 2014
Keto Sticks

Thank you for the replies to the headache, still have it but can deal with it.
Stopped at Walgreens and got my sticks, figured what the heck, give them a try and it showed a trace!! Last time I did Atkins it took forever to register on the sticks.
Looking forward to trying them again tomorrow, and hopefully, darker sticks.
Very excited. Now time for some pot roast.
Everyone have a great night.
Sue
Old 03-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
So, is heavy whipping cream allowed??? It has no carbs, it says. I made sf jello and used hwc instead of the cold water and froze it....omg!!! SSSOOOOO YUMMY!!!!! I used lemon jello....my favorite flavor for desserts, and it is so good!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #553
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
So, is heavy whipping cream allowed??? It has no carbs, it says. I made sf jello and used hwc instead of the cold water and froze it....omg!!! SSSOOOOO YUMMY!!!!! I used lemon jello....my favorite flavor for desserts, and it is so good!!!
4 teaspoons a day
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 33 pounds down, 115 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
That sounds really luscious Michelle.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Everybody!!

Emerald -- WOW that's amazing!! CONGRATULATIONS!! How come you don't have that on your stats?? Although, I love the "Nothing to see here folks...move along!" LOL And we want to know the details, when you started etc etc.. okay I want to know how long it took you etc.

Baddabing -- I'm dying here about that pickle..LOL James, I've been on Induction Week 1 for 38.5 Weeks. I'm not moving up the levels until I lose 5 lbs under my goal. I want "wiggle" room to play around with number of daily kcals and carbs so I can find the "sweet spot" and not gain or lose. MG has been on Induction Week 1 her entire time too, if Im not mistaken. For me, it's the fastest way to lose the weight and I want FAST results.

patsue -- Hope you are feeling better this morning!

abt5280 -- Im so glad you are still working A'72. Your hard work will pay off and you'll see the results!!

michelle -- Oh My Gosh, lemon jello is my favorite too! Your dessert sounds yummy, how do you not eat the entire thing in one sitting -- I couldn't resist!!!

Partyof7 -- How are you doing??

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Just Jo, I hear you I too will probably keep it low as well. I kinda would like nuts but I think I will wait a while. Once I am in my 150's I will for sure have to start figuring it out I suppose. I probably dont keep it as clean as my Idol does (MtherGoos) but I have definitely made serious changes since I got the book. Based off of the last few days I would say those changes were the right thing to do.

The first time I did this diet I read a later version and I remember skipping to the diet part in the middle of the book and Dr. A saying for those who jumped to this section welcome. That amused me so much that i was sad it was not in the 72' because I did it again. not because I dont want all the science but because I was already weeks in and needed to make sure I was on plan.

Anyway, read chapter one last night and thought it was just an intro and much of it was a repeat of what I read before I found it beneficial. I thought it was funny that he was name dropping on a popular TV show of which I dont think I have ever scene.

He talks so much about how carbs have changed and how the body cant handle it. I wonder what he would have said if he were to walk into a grocery store today while writing this book.

I also wondered if the fact that we are genetically changing what foods he believes is OK to eat will also affect us with these or new ailments and eventually no food would be pure. I suspect Cancer is up due to this.

Anyway some food for thought. O wait... see what I did there? FOOD for thought. I amuse myself easily.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Here comes the WHINE!!

I need help guys. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Am I eating too much not enough, is it my age , my hypo thyroid??? I look at myself and want to fall to the ground sobbing. My weight isn't budging.
Mthergoos and Jo I would love your honest opinion what I need to do to lose weight like you guys have. I think Im doing good and theres no scale loss and no shrinking either. Do I need to give up coffee? I am seriously baffled and so so discouraged. I wanted to be thinner for the summer but its not going to happen. Jo you eat one meal a day? I am willing to try that if I could consistently lose bring it on. Please Help. Do I need to eat under 1000 cals a day? I cant eat high fat I have tried that I gain weight. If I eat fat without over doing it I don't gain but I don't want to maintain my weight I want to lose. This is my lifestyle, I WILL forever eat like this due to IBS cramping problems (sorry TMI). Low carb has been a God send for me. Im so discouraged When I see other people lose a pound a day I think why cant I do that? 3 pounds a week would be awesome.

weight 257/235/130
Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Debbie, Big (((HUGS))). Okay, take a breath and give us a daily menu. Exactly what are you eating? Any cheats? Remember, Dr. Atkins said that even a bit of something off plan can make a difference. One bite. That's enough to cause a problem. Post an exact daily menu and let us see what you're eating. How long has it been with no loss? You've already lost almost 20 pounds, so that's awesome. After that initial loss, it definitely comes off slower. Most of the time, my losses were 8-10 pounds a month. Now I lose about 6 pounds a month. It wasn't quick after those initial quick losses. Post a menu and let's see what's going on.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 03-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

I started back in Nov. I admit I wasn't 100% on Christmas but like I said I cant eat off plan or I pay. So yes if I have ate more salad or veggies is a cheat then yes but a piece of bread of sweet has NOT passed my lips I don't even want it, that is not a problem for me. I don't drink a gallon of water a day but I do drink water. I will have a diet 7UP here and there, sometimes a diet Snapple. My menu will be a cup of coffee and tbs. heavy cream. Some days I eat No veggies other days I do. Its either a salad or broccoli. I try to stay in the limits. I add butter to my broccoli or blue cheese salad dressing to my salads.If I could lose 10 pounds a month I would be jumping for joy!
My menus are pretty much the same. Yesterdays menu
coffee with 1tbs heavy cream
lunch was a chicken salad with 2 cups lettuce blue cheese dressing
dinner 2 hamburger patties with cheese and 1 cup broccoli with butter.
That's it
a lot of days its just meat like fried chicken tenders or pork or 3 piece bacon and 3 eggs sometimes a steak but seldom. I eat mostly chicken. Oh and I get the baked chicken at Costco quite often. I thought I was losing again but no I go down a pound then up a pound or 2 still haven't reached 236 which would be the new low. I literally could throw my scale through the window. I just believe with how heavy I am my weight would come off faster. I seriously feel like people think I am not doing this way of life but I am. Maybe I am just one that needs lots less than I think? I mean that's where my head goes. If I am not losing I need less???
Old 03-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, this is where I would start if it was me. I would go back to a really clean induction. Cut out the broccoli. Stick to just the 2 cups of loosely packed lettuce like Dr. Atkins recommends for induction. Other than that, meat, eggs, cheese and fats only. Personally, I would stay away from the Costco baked chicken too. Make it yourself. Often times, places will inject the chicken with stuff to plump it up and make it look and taste better, and there could be sugar in whatever they're putting on it before roasting it. Try to stick to foods you've made yourself as much as possible.

I really don't think you're eating too much. I do drink diet soda, but some people find that it stalls them. I also don't push a bunch of water, I just drink what I'm thirsty for.

Stick to a super clean induction for a week or two and see what happens. Be patient and extremely consistent.

There are also some people that find that the heavy cream will stall them. If you want, you might try getting rid of that for a week or two and see what happens.

Remember that changes don't always happen overnight. You might eat clean all week before you see anything happen. Sometimes it's that way.

Also, remember that this isn't forever. Once you find that you're losing again, you can start adding things back in one at a time and see what it is that stalls you.

Don't give up hope. I thought the weight should fall off much faster too because I had so much to lose, but it just didn't. Hormones, age, health, all play into it. Be patient and consistent. We'll get this figured out.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for your help. I will do it. It's going to be hard to drop the coffee but I can do it. A few days of head aches and alls good. I hope it's the coffee cuz that will just make it easy to know what the problem is. Would u suggest not eating the salad? Also can u tell me how much meat I should eat at each meal or in a day?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Debbie, you don't have to drop the coffee. Can you drink it without the heavy cream? Or go ahead and keep that, but make all the other changes and see what happens. If you still don't lose, then try losing the cream. The point isn't to be miserable. If you hate what you're doing, it's so much harder to stay with it.

Have you checked the label on your heavy whipping cream? I've noticed that some brands have more carbs than others.

No, I don't think you have to get rid of the salad if you enjoy it. Just keep it to 2 cups of loosely packed lettuce, then all your yummy toppings...... Eggs, bacon, cheese, or whatever you like. Double check your salad dressing and be sure there's no hidden carbs in it. Be sure it's a full fat dressing.

As for quantities, eat what you're actually hungry for. Actual physical hunger, not just "wanting" to eat because we like to. Don't go hungry or starve yourself. Eat when you're hungry and stop when you're not.

I'm definitely no expert, and every person is different. I'm just throwing ideas out there based on what's worked for me.

I know you can do this, and I don't want you to feel helpless or discouraged, you're definitely not alone in this.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

I can vouch for Costco chicken. My wife bought it about three weeks ago. I took a bite and was immediately suspicious. I read the label and several ingredients seemed like sugar or carbs. Bake your own chicken, or as I now do fry it up for the additional fat. I wonder if you have the book. If not get it and you will have more clear ideas as far as what to expect. This is not a diet that you can cheat on. Other diets are more forgiving with that. You have to commit and stay the course. You can do it!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:38 AM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday Morning Everybody!!

Baddabing -- LOL @ Food for Thought.

Just to let you know, nuts and cheese -- any dairy stalls me and give me cravings for carbs, so I don't eat those at all -- and I LOVE them. It's the price I have to pay since I don't want to be "Fat" Jo again.

But everyone is different, there are people on here that have lost weight eating nuts and cheese...

About the Costco chicken -- pre cooked food in general. I am getting a little paranoid about eating food that I don't prepare myself or watch someone prepare for me -- weird huh? Well I figure I am "allergic" to carbs (they can literally kill the best parts of me like my health and self-esteem) so I have to be extra vigilant about those hidden carbs.

Debbie -- First congrats on the 20lbs -- that is something to be proud of.

MG nailed it -- the woman is like a walking A'72 encyclopedia -- she knows her stuff!! I don't do cheese or dairy (see the msg I just gave Baddabing).

Since I don't do dairy, I have 2T. of International Delight Sugar-free Caramel Liquid Creamer in my coffee. (1 carb and 20 kcals per T.) I drink my share of diet soda, have Davinci Sugarfree Caramel Syrup in my coffee so the added artifical sweetners and chemicals hasn't seemed to bother my ability to lose the weight. But everyone's tolerance is different.

We are all here to help and support you and each other!! We can do this!!

MG -- You are so amazing and your advice is always SPOT ON!!

“This WOE is not a diet,

Last edited by Just Jo; 03-27-2014 at 03:42 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jo! That's so sweet of you! I know all of us together can help Debbie get a plan figured out that works for her!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

I checked my heavy cream label and it's
60 calories
6 total fat
0 carbs
0 sugar
Serv.size 1 tbsp

Thank you Mthergoos for all your help I really appreciate it. After reading the bevy cream label I don't think 1 tbs would be bad . I'm cutting out any cheese I might have because it's not important to me.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:59 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Honestly, this is just me but....... I would follow the plan to a T for 7 to 14 days then adjust. Then when your adjusting and things come up you will know that is the problem.

Jo, I actually kind of like the name Fat Jo. I may use it when I decide to join the Mafia if I ever move to Jersey.

Red the chapter that was pretty much success stories. Again name drops of people i never heard of. This chapter I sped through because I am all ready on board I dont need any convincing. BUT there were tidbits in info in there that I was glad to have read and would have been relevant to prior discussions here.

I also am working my way through his autobiography chapter and this one I find very interesting. I like books about peoples journey's. I may finish it during lunch today if I am left alone long enough to read it. Super interesting. I wonder if anyone ever wrote his story beyond the diet? I may look that up because he is in interesting man and a successful business man. O well morning meeting time TTFN.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

I had no idea about Costco baked chicken... go figure. Ive told my husband thats my treat cause I dont go out to eat. OH well could be one of the culprits, but thats ok this is a learing process and I just learned thats a no go. Thank you all for your suggestions I appreciate them all.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Even though it will still be a clear as mud I actually found a thread on it on this site. Here Costco Ready Made Whole Chickens?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #570
Big Yapper!!!!

KISS is best. If you stick to the plan it will work. If you really tried then you could try the fat fast. But if you can lose on induction then there is no need to go that drastic.

I'm a bit worried about my upcoming trip. I'll be going to Indonesia for a couple of weeks and I plan on eating mostly meats but I'll be at the mercy of the vendors there. When I'm there I have no desire to eat American food. I want to stick to the traditional dishes so I expect the scale to go up a couple of pounds so I'm going to try not to fret.
Closed Thread