Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/122/130 BMI=20.9
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by abt5280 View Post
Wow you ladies are inspirational!

I hope you don't mind if I join in...my name is Amanda, I'm 39 and have quite a bit to lose. I've toyed with low carb previously (Dukan, SBD, NANY) and JUDDD. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life...it was sad for me to look back at my first post here in 2012. My weight was in the 160s after being in the upper 120s-low 130s my whole adult life. And somehow instead of nipping it in the bud, I just kept gaining and here I am, 223 lbs. That being said 2010-2013 were extremely stressful...deaths and illness in our family. But for now, things are going smoothly so NO MORE EXCUSES! I need to stop goofing around and make a big change.

After a bit of research here and elsewhere, I've realized that I think my best luck will be with Atkins '72. I toyed with it a bit previously but ended up using NANY. I mean, any diet will work if you can stick to it and I'm pretty sure this will be easier to stick to than NANY was for me. IThere were so many rules with that one. I do love veggies, but I'll revisit adding more back once I get my weight under control.

Again, I hope you don't mind that I just joined right in! I've been reading posts by you ladies for a while and I must say your losses are inspiring!

-Amanda
abt5280 -- Amanda!!
I like the simplicity of A ’72 and since I’m still on Induction Week 1 -- food choices are very basic now that I choose to “Eat to Live instead of Living to Eat” LOL which is perfectly fine with me.

Wishing you much success in your LC journey and we’re all here to support and help each other!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Good job on losing it all!
Thanks Vanilla -- I couldn’t believe I was so stupid -- after the 3 days of blowing off A’72 I felt like I was drunk (headaches, queasy stomach) -- so much sugar, refined flour, poison toxic carbs. UGH!! Never again…

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-20-2014, 04:07 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good job on losing it all!
Thanks Vanilla -- I couldn’t believe I was so stupid -- after the 3 days of blowing off A’72 I felt like I was drunk (headaches, queasy stomach) -- so much sugar, refined flour, poison toxic carbs. UGH!! Never again…

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abt5280
Stats: 223/223/135
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 3/19/2014
Thanks for the welcomes.

So yesterday was day 1. Question-did anyone here have heartburn when starting? I NEVER have had a heartburn issue in my life, like I've had it once or twice and know the symptoms, but that's it. Anyway, last night it was awful and I actually ran to the store and grabbed Pepcid. I'm still having issues this AM. Anyway, here's my menu from yesterday:

B: 2 scrambled eggs + canadian bacon. 2 cups coffee.
L: Chicken breast, salad w/ EVOO + Vinegar.
D: Grilled steak, salad w/ EVOO + Vinegar
Water intake: 6 cups still, 2 cans La Croix.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Welcome Amanda! You'll get good advice and inspiration from these ladies. I don't post all the time but I do read this thread most every day.

Partyof7 - Congrats for staying on track being stressed out. You mentioned the McChicken - I get that sometimes, just ask for it grilled, they are really good about making that substitution.

I was really missing chocolate and vegetables. I have added a couple spears of broccoli or some fried shredded cabbage to my evening meals and 1 Russell Stover peanut butter cup. I stepped on the scale today and was down 1 1/2 lbs. I had been stuck at the same weight forever and the scale finally moved! AND in the right direction!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #516
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
My scale is my frenemy. Today it's an all out ENEMY!

I'm not going to weigh myself until Sunday otherwise I may just drive myself crazy.

B~ Bulletproof coffee
L~ Egg drop soup (If needed)
S~ Hamburger and fried radishes (or boiled)

Water, water and some more water. I think I'm retaining water. Vegas was sooo dry and flying did not help. I'm in deep ketosis so I know I did not screw up by having a few drinks.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi abt - I didn't have heartburn, but day 3 I felt really sick and cloudy all day line. Day 4 was much better. As for heart burn, I don't know any thing about that - I hope you feel better today.

Tweaker - I am so glad for your 1.5 loss. Do you know how many inches you have lost since starting?

Emerald -
I don't own a scale because I would drive myself crazy with it. True, it may have been good to have and nipped some of this over eating in the bud - but the ketosis sticks are bad enough. I did 3 yesterday.
Last time I started this, I blew thru the set of 50 in a week - never hit ketosis and gained weight.

I'm afraid I would have a same reaction as you with the scale lol

I will weigh next month @ my dr's appointments. I'm at 348 now, so hoping to find myself at 340.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:25 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday Morning from New Mexico!!

Amanda -- I've never had heartburn from this WOE but I've been low carbing a long time...

Your posted menu looks fabulously A'72 -- keep up the good work and you'll see results in no time.

Tweeker Geek -- Congrats on the loss!! I don't like choc'late so that has never been a craving. My thing is "crunchy" -- so I love pork rinds and eat about 1 to 2 oz a day (since January). Whatever you are doing is working - so keep working it!!!

Emerald -- the scale is enemy to all of us -- I'm a daily weigher and had bad days too where the scale was not a friend but if you are following your WOE plan correctly, you will see results soon!!

Partyof7 -- I think you will be pleasantly surprised at your next Doc app weigh-in, follow your WOE plan and you will ROCK this. I'm here cheering you on!!

“This WOE is not a diet,

Last edited by Just Jo; 03-21-2014 at 03:29 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #519
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abt5280
Stats: 223/223/135
Start Date: 3/19/2014
Thanks again for the welcomes! Regarding, heartburn, I think a lot of it has to do with I was eating much fattier foods than I usually do. The menu I poster earlier fails to mention I scrambled my eggs in butter and at a Ribeye for dinner. Plus I ate the skin on my chicken. These are things I don't normally do. So yesterday, I scaled back the fat a bit. here's what my menu looked like:

B:2 Eggs scrambled with a spritz of EVOO in the pan + Canadian Bacon, Coffee to drink
L: Chicken (skin removed) + Salad w/ Evoo+Vinegar
D: Pork tenderloin + Salad w/ Evoo+Vinegar, SF Jello
Water: 6c. still, 2 cans La Croix.

My heartburn went waaaay down. It's still lingering a bit though. Hopefully it will completely end soon!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
"5" so far. Have only had a mini-BPC so far. Fixin' to have a regular cup of coffee for lunch and got my YoCheese Pudding Sherbet lying in wait.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
"5" so far. Have only had a mini-BPC so far. Fixin' to have a regular cup of coffee for lunch and got my YoCheese Pudding Sherbet lying in wait.
Do tell. What is this exactly? Sounds good!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
Ahhhh.....it's a JUDD dish. Not suitable for A72.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ahhhh.....it's a JUDD dish. Not suitable for A72.
Oops, posted on the wrong thread, obviously. How the heck did that happen??? Guess I should unsubscribe to this thead.

I tried to "edit" and delete it since it showed I still had that option, but it wouldn't let. Sorry about that!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oops, posted on the wrong thread, obviously. How the heck did that happen??? Guess I should unsubscribe to this thead.

I tried to "edit" and delete it since it showed I still had that option, but it wouldn't let. Sorry about that!
No worries.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/280/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I have not had time to log in to this site for the last week. But I have to tell my episode. I had been following the '72 for a couple weeks and finally lost 13 lbs. I then decided to add back some cream for my coffee. Well...I am taking it out again. For the past week, I have not lost a thing, but gained back 3 lbs. But I have to confess that last friday I went out drinking (whiskey and diet Dew), and the rest of the weekend sucked for me. I was tired and completely out of it, and drank too much coffee with cream and sweeteners. Then I bought a couple 2 liter jugs of Diet Dew and slugged on those for 2 days. Needless to say, my weight loss stopped flat. I have not had a drink of my Dew for a couple days now, and not a drop of coffee for the past 2 days, so I am hoping I can get back in the "zone" like I was previous to my binge.

I have stayed true to my diet through this all, and only cheated with the alcohol, dew and too much cream/sweeteners in my coffee for those first 4 days. But I was stupid, thinking I could add so much artificial junk so soon in my induction.

I don't think I will be making that mistake again. I now have 3 lbs to lose to get back to where I was previous to my dumbness. And that stuff sure made me feel icky for so long! The past 2 days I have followed my '72 to the T and have been drinking an awful lot of water, hoping to flush the poisons right out of every cell of my being.

Hopefully in a few days I will begin to see the scale moving again.

Live & learn.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/187/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Paulette- I have messed up like that before....twice!!! Recovering from last weekend as we speak. I don't gain 3lbs, tho.....both times, i gained 9lbs!!!! it took a week to get those 9lbs off the first time, so I do know it comes back off. I am waiting for this 9lbs to come off now. But, I am a social drinker, especially when I am with my family, so, I know that I am going to have this problem at least 1 time a month!! Don't beat yourself up about it, but try to not drink!!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Amanda -- Glad your heartburn is way down! Your menu from 3-20-14 looks perfect for A'72. Keep eating like that and the pounds will come off.

Pauletticus -- Most of us have fallen off the LC WOE wagon countless times -- we are only human. I am so glad that you are going to continue. You'll see results and more if you follow the plan!! At least you know what you ate and drank that caused the stall and then the weight gain and correct it.

michellewynos -- you gained 9lbs drinking once a month?? Wow, I'd have to give up drinking...sorry if I'm too blunt.

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Wow this thread is moving along! I thought we lost a few to other WOE's, nice to see them still here.
Partyof7: my DW mentioned MSG as being a possible source for headaches, take a close look at what you ate. If you're in ketosis now, all symptoms of the Atkin's flu should be gone. A cup of salted broth now & then won't hurt.
Just Jo: I had to go back 3 pages to see where I missed & you do have a "few" posts (all motivational)
Have any fellas chimed in, I'm losing track?
It still amazes me that FAT is our friend. In fact, during supper, my DW & I were discussing how 'bizarre' this WOE is compared to the SAD.
The fat isn't falling off me & I'm hoping it's not carb creep however, I would rather do it relatively slowly that the way the TV shows do it.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

JustJo-----LOL!!! Not only did I gain it once, but twice!!! I am ok with it.....as long as i lose it again. My pants do not get tighter and i do not gain any inches. I still want to reach my goals and will, but, even tho i am not a huge drinker, when I am with my family, we drink. Now i know when I do drink that I am gonna gain weight, and I am ok with that. As long as I do not drink every weekend, I will reach my goals....just will take me longer!!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
JustJo-----LOL!!! Not only did I gain it once, but twice!!! I am ok with it.....as long as i lose it again. My pants do not get tighter and i do not gain any inches. I still want to reach my goals and will, but, even tho i am not a huge drinker, when I am with my family, we drink. Now i know when I do drink that I am gonna gain weight, and I am ok with that. As long as I do not drink every weekend, I will reach my goals....just will take me longer!!
I love your positive attitude michelle and you're right of course, it will only take a bit longer to reach your goals, but you'll do it!!! You rock GIRL!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Hi, Ill be joining this thread just as soon as my book gets here. I apparently read a later addition years ago but am a purist at heart so plan on using this edition on my journey. Since it is all different I will have questions.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:26 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
Hi, Ill be joining this thread just as soon as my book gets here. I apparently read a later addition years ago but am a purist at heart so plan on using this edition on my journey. Since it is all different I will have questions.
To the LC WOE Party, Baddabing!!

The only reason I've ever stuck to Atkin's '72 is because it actually works for me (every single time) but I do tweak it to really work for me. That's the beautiful part of this WOE, you tailor it to fit your needs.

We are all here to help and support each other! I'm glad you're here.

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-23-2014, 07:20 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi James! Welcome to the dark side! If you have any questions before your book gets there, Just ask. It's pretty basic..... meat, eggs, cheese, and your fats. Up to 2 cups of lettuce per day if you want. I skip the lettuce, but a lot of people like it. Or a pickle in place of the lettuce. Super easy to follow.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
to the thread Baddabing. I'm sure you'll spot a few familiars
I always thought most of the editions were similiar? It wasn't till NANNY that they started letting folks subtract fiber; I might be wrong
No matter, follow MtherGoos & the rest of the experts in your journey!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/281.8/253.4/199
Start Date: March 16, 2014
Hello everyone. Well I finished my first week (actually on day 8) and when I hit the scale this morning I almost passed out! I am down 17.6lbs. Yes you read it right...17.6lbs on Day 8! OMG! What in the world! I had to weigh myself about 5 times, check the (mind you the scale is new lol) before I believed it. I know it may be mainly water but I am SO proud of myself for sticking to it. The first week is the hardest and I went through it this week but so glad I saw it through and the results give me hope.

Hope this is inspirational for someone, no matter if its 1lb or 17lbs be proud of your accomplishments. One step at a time. We can do this!

[COLOR=Purple]SlimWithin26[/COLOR]
Old 03-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimWithin26 View Post
Hello everyone. Well I finished my first week (actually on day 8) and when I hit the scale this morning I almost passed out! I am down 17.6lbs. Yes you read it right...17.6lbs on Day 8! OMG! What in the world! I had to weigh myself about 5 times, check the (mind you the scale is new lol) before I believed it. I know it may be mainly water but I am SO proud of myself for sticking to it. The first week is the hardest and I went through it this week but so glad I saw it through and the results give me hope.

Hope this is inspirational for someone, no matter if its 1lb or 17lbs be proud of your accomplishments. One step at a time. We can do this!

NEVER GIVE UP ! ! !
Old 03-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Oh my goodness, Slim!!!! That is awesome!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Awesome Slim! Congratulations!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
That is so awesome, Slim! I'm on day 7 (not on Atkins 72- DANDR.) and I really want to weigh.
I'm burning moderate on ketosis at last pee, and my energy is better...but I would really like to weigh April 9th can't come soon enough!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Huge Congrats, Slim on the weight loss. Yep, every lb lost is a pound in the right direction!! Whatever it is you're doing, you are on the right path!! Wishing you much success on your LC WOE journey!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Closed Thread