Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post

That's a total of 121 pounds I've lost in exactly 9 months (36 weeks). Sounds like I've lost it quickly, but simple math tells me it's an average of 3.3lbs/week -- so it's not that quickly........

SO VERY FANTASTIC ! ! !
CONGRATULATIONS !

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessworth
Stats: 262/252/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 03/05/2014
So yesterday I caved and had some Splenda. That was a huge mistake! I felt awful after. That is one of the reasons I gave up "chemical" foods in the first place. I knew better. Oh well, I won't be making that mistake again. I guess if I am really craving something sweet I will reach for an ultra dark chocolate square. For me, a couple grams of carbs from real sugar is better than 0 carbs from chemicals. And not everyday, maybe once a week.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/178/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Jo, That is AMAZING!!!!! Good job!!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
For all you success "losers" - do you ever have an imperfect day? MthrGoos, you are one of the poster childs for Atkins '72 (congrats on your latest goal met!), and I feel less than adequate when it comes to trying '72 because I can stay on track 99% of the time. It's that 1% that makes me feel I'll never be successful because I just ain't perfect.

Please tell me, any of you, you've had blown hours, days, or even a vacay. Gimme some hope here.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alex57
So many have great positive news this morning.

Michelle, I hope you make that 199 mark. I remember hitting Onederland, what a sense of accomplishment. I'm rooting for you.

Hopetolose. 7 lbs in a week is great! I'm on my third day and would love to copy you. Happy for you.

Jo .... Wow! Keep dancing the "happy dance" and you'll lose those few more in no time. I'll be watching for your comments when you enter maintenance.

So glad I decided to come back to LCF, and especially this group. Everyone's successes are really inspiring. Here's to a good day, everyone.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
MthrGoos, your dedication to your program has brought you to a wonderful crossroad. No longer being obese is amazing. I am so happy for this victory you are celebrating. You deserve to revel in this!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Holy Hannah -- am I posting too much??? I was just rereading some of the earlier posts and I seem to have HIGHJACKED this thread... I'm sorry...

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
No no no! Please don't stop posting. ever. Everything that you post is incredibly valuable.

You are 4 pounds from being 1/2 of your former self. I may have to follow you down that path. My top weight was 249.8 and I am so happy to be where I am today.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
For all you success "losers" - do you ever have an imperfect day? MthrGoos, you are one of the poster childs for Atkins '72 (congrats on your latest goal met!), and I feel less than adequate when it comes to trying '72 because I can stay on track 99% of the time. It's that 1% that makes me feel I'll never be successful because I just ain't perfect.

Please tell me, any of you, you've had blown hours, days, or even a vacay. Gimme some hope here.

99% is so much better than zero percent! I have been dieting for decades. I originally joined LCF in 1999. I'm still here 20 years later but with a new user name. I have had many blown days along the way. Nobody is perfect. Hold yourself to realistic standards. Wake up everyday with a plan and committ to it.

You can do this!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Quote:

Hey Partyof7, I agree with MG (that woman is so knowledgeable about this WOE). If it's working for you great -- if not, tweak. If this is going to be a lifestyle change, make this WOE your own. That's the beautiful part of a low carb WOE.

“This WOE is not a diet,
Thank you so much, Just Jo.
I wish I had read this message this morning. Thank you for the encouragement!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Hi Hope,
How was your day today?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi everyone! Thank you so very much for all the kind words and support. Love you all! Spending the week in Kansas with my kids and doing lots of shopping! It still shocks me that everything I'm buying is size medium! And my new jeans are a 5/6. I just can't believe it! Jo, I'm anxiously following your journey into maintenance!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hi Hope,
How was your day today?
Hi, Party and thank you for asking.
I have been having a problem with blood sugar going way too low the past few days, so will have to increase my food or add a few more veggies.
Any ideas?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Has anyone tried Truvia (a mixture of Stevia and Erythritol)? Is it good? I want to stay away from Splenda because it affects my blood sugars...

Yes, Truvia is my "0 calories sweetener" of choice. It is the only one that my tastebuds actually like (the after taste of Splenda made me physically sick at times). I discovered it back in October (not that it was lost) and it has been a staple in my LC food artillery ever since.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Hi, Party and thank you for asking.
I have been having a problem with blood sugar going way too low the past few days, so will have to increase my food or add a few more veggies.
Any ideas?
I wish I had some ideas....I am sure someone will chime in with something. Be safe, I know from watching my Mom that it can be dangerous.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

I think I am going to have to just give up on the idea of Atkins 72. I did the Atkins New Diet Revolution, and had success without dreading every day..Maybe thats what I need to go with.
It's a long term success I want, not something I will give up in 6 weeks.

I like all you peoples though...Still, I guess I'll go head over to the NDR section. our paths will cross again on the board!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Vanilla- You make me laugh I am pretty sure all of us have gone off the deep end in our journeys!!! Just 2 weeks ago, I totally threw atkins out of my life, for a weekend!!! Totally regretted it, of course, but I did it!! There are times when I want a piece of cake or a bowl of ice cream......i will eat a bite of cake or a bite of ice cream.....i never feel guilty about that, because i used to eat 3 pieces of cakes and half a gallon of ice cream. No one is perfect and no one here will ever judge you. i know that if I never taste those treats again, I will totally be out of the woe......and I would rather cheat a little bit, then totally give up!!! You can do this and you can be strong.....if that means cheating once in a blue moon, then go for it!!!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
99% is so much better than zero percent! I have been dieting for decades. I originally joined LCF in 1999. I'm still here 20 years later but with a new user name. I have had many blown days along the way. Nobody is perfect. Hold yourself to realistic standards. Wake up everyday with a plan and committ to it.

You can do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
Vanilla- You make me laugh I am pretty sure all of us have gone off the deep end in our journeys!!! Just 2 weeks ago, I totally threw atkins out of my life, for a weekend!!! Totally regretted it, of course, but I did it!! There are times when I want a piece of cake or a bowl of ice cream......i will eat a bite of cake or a bite of ice cream.....i never feel guilty about that, because i used to eat 3 pieces of cakes and half a gallon of ice cream. No one is perfect and no one here will ever judge you. i know that if I never taste those treats again, I will totally be out of the woe......and I would rather cheat a little bit, then totally give up!!! You can do this and you can be strong.....if that means cheating once in a blue moon, then go for it!!!!!
Thanks, y'all . I am truly stuck in what to do as in all these years of "dieting" (count 'em ... almost 34), I've never found what works for me. I totally subscribe and firmly believe that carbs are evil. Yet, I know that there will be times when I either choose to walk on the wild side for a meal or dessert that has too many carbs or trip face first into them. I guess I think that if I follow '72 and blow it for even one meal, I've ruined it all. Still not sure what I'm going to do, although my heart lies with JUDDD - I just need to make it work for me like it did in the past. That is the one thing that I had gotten to work for me many moons ago. Until I tripped and fell.

When I read of all the successes in this forum, I keep putting everyone on a pedestal thinking no one ever tripped up but me!

Thanks for your responses!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Thanks, y'all . I am truly stuck in what to do as in all these years of "dieting" (count 'em ... almost 34), I've never found what works for me. I totally subscribe and firmly believe that carbs are evil. Yet, I know that there will be times when I either choose to walk on the wild side for a meal or dessert that has too many carbs or trip face first into them. I guess I think that if I follow '72 and blow it for even one meal, I've ruined it all. Still not sure what I'm going to do, although my heart lies with JUDDD - I just need to make it work for me like it did in the past. That is the one thing that I had gotten to work for me many moons ago. Until I tripped and fell.

When I read of all the successes in this forum, I keep putting everyone on a pedestal thinking no one ever tripped up but me!

Thanks for your responses!
You are singing my song Vanilla. I’ve been dieting about the same amount of time. On the whole I’m pretty darn perfect 80-90% of the time. But that darn 10-20% just keeps me going nowhere fast. Losing all week and gaining all weekend has become a very tired story of my life. I’m trying to rethink things to see if I can design a WOE a little less severe that might be a little more doable for the long run so I can stop the madness. I’m hoping if I also couple that with regular exercise that might get me over the hump. But I totally get the frustration of “perfect or nothing”.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Terri I wanna stop the madness, too. But I do wish there was money to be made in being a professional dieter. I'd be filthy rich!!

I know one of my problems in sticking with something is patience. I don't have it!!! It's so hard to cut out this and that, do this or that, don't do this or that, and whaddaya get? Nuttin'.

I know I just need to pick something that's doable for me and works within my lifestyle. So, I'm going back to JUDDD. I'll keep it mainly low carb, but quit beating myself up if I have a carbier day. I have to quit comparing myself to everyone else here (and on the JUDDD board) and try, try, try to wait out my body.

Hope we both see light at the end of the (dieting) tunnel.

P.S. I would kill to be at your weight!!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #500
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
Back from Vegas,. Lost about 1/2 lb. Which is petty incredible considering. Went to a buffet and all I ate was some cheese and mostly crab legs with butter. I know it does not sound like such a big woohoo but when one is tempted with pastas of all sorts (high ebd) with truffle oil and exoctic cheese, crepes - sweet or savory, potatos of all sort, dessert each and every one you can think of from an ice cream bar to creme brulee.....cheese cake, macaroons etc......ugh.

sorry for spelling errors . im tired and just wanted to say hi. Oh and as a bonus I came home with more than double the money i left with.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Gonnalose -- I think that since you're really close to your goal, you'll probably lose pounds more slowly -- but don't give UP 'cause you're doing so well!!!

Partyof7 -- we are all human, we have our down days. But tomorrow opens up new possibilities for success. Remember Failure is not Fatal -- just an opportunity to try it again...
Just keep trying and we're all here for you and each other!! And you don't have to leave here even if you are doing another WOE...

Galveston Gal -- thanks so much!!

jessworth -- This WOE helps you realize what your body can and cannot tolerate. If eating that little bit of choc'late helps you avoid the other cravings, you go girl! You have to tailor this WOE to your needs, and that's the beautiful part of this. We are all individuals and this WOE affects each of us differently.

michellewynos -- Thanks -- couple more lbs and the real test begins. The one where I DONT regain the weight!!! UGH!!!

vanilla latte -- imperfect day? Of course NOT LOL j/k. Can we say Thanksgiving BLOW OUT?? Gained like 7-9 lbs but had the fortitude to continue and lost it all in 4 or 5 days of really clean eating... *huge sigh*
I don't plan to have any more like that... And YES carbs are evil, toxic, poison that kill the best parts of me, my health and self-esteem!

Alex57 -- Still doing the happy-happy dance and yep I'm really close to the HARDEST part of this but I have my plan and I'm ready. I am soooo glad I've found all of you -- I know you will help me to stay motivated and to continue my journey. I want to be one of the old ones around here that says; "Yep I lost 125 lbs and kept it off for X years!!!"

Last10 -- thanks for that! **grabs your hand** Come on let's go DOWN that path together!!!!
The most I've ever weighed in my life was 293 -- right before I got divorced.

MG -- I'm doing the happy dance for you. Gotta ask you... when you hold up the size 5/6 do you look at 'em and say to yourself (cause I do) I'll never gonna get my butt in those and you try them on and WOW they fit!!!!
Sad but true, I don't see the "new" me in my head -- I still have "Fat Jo" there... maybe that's why I'm still so motivated to continue my journey...

Emerald -- Welcome BACK!! Congrats on your strength with the Vegas food. You think 1/2 lbs doesn't sound like much, but it's on the correct side of the board...so you ROCK! And they all add up!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Oh ABSOLUTELY Jo! I still can't believe it when I take an armful of clothes into the dressing room and everything fits! The shirts are usually mediums, even a couple of smalls. Shocks me!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #503
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abt5280
Stats: 223/223/135
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 3/19/2014
Wow you ladies are inspirational!

I hope you don't mind if I join in...my name is Amanda, I'm 39 and have quite a bit to lose. I've toyed with low carb previously (Dukan, SBD, NANY) and JUDDD. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life...it was sad for me to look back at my first post here in 2012. My weight was in the 160s after being in the upper 120s-low 130s my whole adult life. And somehow instead of nipping it in the bud, I just kept gaining and here I am, 223 lbs. That being said 2010-2013 were extremely stressful...deaths and illness in our family. But for now, things are going smoothly so NO MORE EXCUSES! I need to stop goofing around and make a big change.

After a bit of research here and elsewhere, I've realized that I think my best luck will be with Atkins '72. I toyed with it a bit previously but ended up using NANY. I mean, any diet will work if you can stick to it and I'm pretty sure this will be easier to stick to than NANY was for me. IThere were so many rules with that one. I do love veggies, but I'll revisit adding more back once I get my weight under control.

Again, I hope you don't mind that I just joined right in! I've been reading posts by you ladies for a while and I must say your losses are inspiring!

-Amanda

Last edited by abt5280; 03-19-2014 at 07:15 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
vanilla latte -- imperfect day? Of course NOT LOL j/k. Can we say Thanksgiving BLOW OUT?? Gained like 7-9 lbs but had the fortitude to continue and lost it all in 4 or 5 days of really clean eating... *huge sigh*
I don't plan to have any more like that... And YES carbs are evil, toxic, poison that kill the best parts of me, my health and self-esteem!
Good job on losing it all!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alex57
Welcome Amanda.

I too realized that '72 Atkins is how I must go. Love fruits and veggies, but they mess with my blood sugar. Feel confident that once I get into a losing pattern, I'll be able to slowly add in veggies. Fruits are another story.

This is day four for me and things are going well. Will be watching your progress and rooting for you. Glad to have you on board.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #506
Big Yapper!!!!

I like the simplicity and ease of Atkins 72. It's also less expensive to eat this way. Just another bonus.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Amanda!!!!! This is an awesome place to be during your journey!!!!

Emerald......you lost 1/2 a lb on vacation???????? I envy you!!!!!!! I gained weight this weekend just by going out....drinking no carb drinks!!!! congrats to you!!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

I am in ketosis!
I am really proud of myself even though I didnt do plan today----
So my wee one had a m r i and we had to leave @3am to do the drive to the hosp. 3 hours, 1 way.
I got no sleep, and so to be safe I drank one of those starbucks energy drinks. I cringed cause it was 29g carbs mostly from sugar but I needed to stay awake while driving.
After babe was put out, I figured I'd go eat something (hubby had brought my fave donuts for the drive but I resisted - no biggie actually)...I couldnt afford the lc choices @ the cafeteria..so I chose the salad bar.
I ate a 9 oz salad and some water....
then on the way out of town (all went well with m r i) I grabbed a bunless cheeseburger. I ordered a mcchicken too but saw it had breading so didnt eat it.

Then I was falling asleep again so I stopped for a "mocha". I was reaaaally tempted to get the regular 20 0z carmel mocha but instead I got a 12 oz sf mocha. It was good!

I did eat the bean though...

I got home and tested for first time -- I'm in "small" ketosis.

I made decent choices today while stressed out - my biggest trigger for over eating.
Yesterday I felt so sick, and bummed..Today I feel good. Awesome!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #509
Big Yapper!!!!

Today I have eaten some salmon sashimi and I think I'll call it day. The scale keeps fluctuating. Last night it was done have a pound today up a pound. Good be water retention from flying. That's my hope.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by abt5280 View Post
Wow you ladies are inspirational!

I hope you don't mind if I join in...my name is Amanda, I'm 39 and have quite a bit to lose. I've toyed with low carb previously (Dukan, SBD, NANY) and JUDDD. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life...it was sad for me to look back at my first post here in 2012. My weight was in the 160s after being in the upper 120s-low 130s my whole adult life. And somehow instead of nipping it in the bud, I just kept gaining and here I am, 223 lbs. That being said 2010-2013 were extremely stressful...deaths and illness in our family. But for now, things are going smoothly so NO MORE EXCUSES! I need to stop goofing around and make a big change.

After a bit of research here and elsewhere, I've realized that I think my best luck will be with Atkins '72. I toyed with it a bit previously but ended up using NANY. I mean, any diet will work if you can stick to it and I'm pretty sure this will be easier to stick to than NANY was for me. IThere were so many rules with that one. I do love veggies, but I'll revisit adding more back once I get my weight under control.

Again, I hope you don't mind that I just joined right in! I've been reading posts by you ladies for a while and I must say your losses are inspiring!

-Amanda
abt5280 -- Amanda!!
I like the simplicity of A ’72 and since I’m still on Induction Week 1 -- food choices are very basic now that I choose to “Eat to Live instead of Living to Eat” LOL which is perfectly fine with me.

Wishing you much success in your LC journey and we’re all here to support and help each other!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Closed Thread