Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 05:52 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member
 
CdnPaleoGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 354
Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Wow, forget to check a subscribed thread & you're behind by 3 pages!
Well, pretty sure I fell off the wagon or took a good hit Friday night; 2 Caesars down the hatch.
Last night, finally took the boys out to 5 Guys for a post birthday burgers.
I keep thinking I'm not eating enough at 6'3" 260-250 lbs
Hopetolose: how are you making the oopsie rolls? I tried the aluminum foil suggestion from another thread but have had major sticking problems.
I'm also starting to wonder if the fat comes off slower for those of us over the 1/2 century mark
I would ramp up the cardio but find working out on machines as exciting as watching paint dry
Have a great day; will make the effort to check in more often.
BTW, I made the rounds yesterday & couldn't find the 72 edition on the shelves anywhere. I already have a copy but was very surprised. Usually the used bookstores can't give the Atkin's stuff away
CdnPaleoGuy is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MtherGoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,030
Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Paleoguy, I make my oopsie rolls on parchment paper and they never stick. Have you tried that? Don't let a day off plan throw you, just keep going!
MtherGoos is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Paleoguy, I make my oopsie rolls on parchment paper and they never stick. Have you tried that? Don't let a day off plan throw you, just keep going!


Hey MG, I saw that you've reached one of your personal mini-goals 166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!

Paleoguy, ditto what MG said about just keep going, we're only human after all and:
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning to all. I am still on plan and doing great. Weight this morning was the same as yesterday, but that is okay since I have dropped 7# since I started last Wednesday. Know that was water retention, but that is okay.

I too, bake my oopsies on parchment paper and spray with just a little cooking spray.

I KNOW that the weight comes off more slowly for old people like me .

Hope all have a great day.

Hopetolose or Gonnalose
hopetolose is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Good morning to all. I am still on plan and doing great. Weight this morning was the same as yesterday, but that is okay since I have dropped 7# since I started last Wednesday. Know that was water retention, but that is okay.

I too, bake my oopsies on parchment paper and spray with just a little cooking spray.

I KNOW that the weight comes off more slowly for old people like me .

Hope all have a great day.

Hopetolose or Gonnalose
Hey Gonnalose, I don't know how old you are, but my twin brother is going to be 55 at the end of the month -- dang he's GETTING OLD!

Why do we all assume it's water retention when we lose more than a couple of pounds a week???

In any case -- 7 lbs is AWESOME and worth celebrating water retention or not.

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Hey Gonnalose, I don't know how old you are, but my twin brother is going to be 55 at the end of the month -- dang he's GETTING OLD!

Why do we all assume it's water retention when we lose more than a couple of pounds a week???

In any case -- 7 lbs is AWESOME and worth celebrating water retention or not.

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Yes, your twin is really old.

Thank you for the encourgement, Just Jo. Well, I am really old - 70. Some people wonder why, at my age, I want to "diet" or count calories or eat a certain way.. Well, I want to be healthy and be around a few more years. I also like to look fairly good in my clothes, too, if possible

I do know that I used to be able to lose fairly fast, but now it is at a snail's pace probably due to age and maybe some meds that I am on. I kick myself for letting myself gain because I know how hard it is to lose again. Enough of that yo-yo stuff!!

Have a great day!!
Gonnalose

Last edited by hopetolose; 03-16-2014 at 09:50 AM..
hopetolose is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member
 
Partyof7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 746
Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi Just Jo and thank you for the encouragement!

I started this morning, though I think I used my carbs because I had to eat the leftovers.

I had
A version of bulletproof coffee - I used Monks fruit (2 pkts = 1.5 carbs) and canned coconut milk (I'm out of hwc) which was probably 1.5 carbs worth also.
3g carb coffee

Then I ate some crustless turkey ham quiche that had slivers of onions, mushrooms, and peppers in it. No cheese, but probably 3g carbs worth (over estimating prob)....
Also copious amounts of tapatio.

So 6g carb for brunch.

(I made oatmeal for the gang and it was really hard not to taste it to know if I got the sugar correct. Cooking and not tasting will be the hardest habit to break! lol)

I am going to drink 3 quarts of water as my water goal for the day.

Have devilled eggs for lunch (egg salad for family)

ground turkey taco meat in a salad (2 cups romaine heart= 3g carbs) with cheese & tblsp sour cream (1 carb?) for supper. (Family eating leftover spaghetti & salad.)

1 quart of tea with 2 pkts sweetener
1 sugarfree jello

======That should be about 12-13g carbs if I am reading correctly.
We live rural so I won't be able to get to costco until later this week for hwc so I hope my cocnut milk sub is ok.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Partyof7; 03-16-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Partyof7 is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member
 
Partyof7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 746
Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi Hope-
70 today isn't like 70 of yesteryear. Quality of life is so important.
Best of luck to both of us.
Partyof7 is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 280
Gallery: alex57
Thanks for the welcome, JustJoe.

I'm off and running ..... Literally. Was up every two hours throughout the night peeing! 2 pounds worth.

Question. After my bathroom visit and getting back into bed I would experience a full body tingling and "hot flash" type of sensation. It would last awhile. Not very pleasant. Does anyone else experience something like this? At my age regular hot flashes are far behind me.

Enjoy the day, everyone.
alex57 is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cfine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,973
Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
BTW, I made the rounds yesterday & couldn't find the 72 edition on the shelves anywhere. I already have a copy but was very surprised. Usually the used bookstores can't give the Atkin's stuff away
I ordered my copy from Amazon.
cfine is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hi Hope-
70 today isn't like 70 of yesteryear. Quality of life is so important.
Best of luck to both of us.
Hi Partyof7. I really don't feel that old and still try to dress in style and not wear "old ladies" clothes and try to keep active. I agree that quality of life is so important and if we try to take care of our bodies with healthy food, it helps.

Good luck to you, too, in our journey. I know we can do this!!
hopetolose is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex57 View Post
Thanks for the welcome, JustJoe.

I'm off and running ..... Literally. Was up every two hours throughout the night peeing! 2 pounds worth.

Question. After my bathroom visit and getting back into bed I would experience a full body tingling and "hot flash" type of sensation. It would last awhile. Not very pleasant. Does anyone else experience something like this? At my age regular hot flashes are far behind me.

Enjoy the day, everyone.
Welcome, alex 57.

I hear you about the bathroom trips - seems like I have to get up almost every night one or two times, but so nice to get rid of that water logged feeling.

Good luck to you on this journey.
hopetolose is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member
 
CdnPaleoGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 354
Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
MtherGoos: congrats on making the 160's (pretty sure I commented somewhere else already?)
NO worries about me quitting just a bit of a downer not seeing the fat just melt off
Despite the pants being looser, the tape measure reported in as imagination & wishful thinking. Unfortunately, my Dr doesn't have me scheduled for blood work until next year; that would have been the proof in the pudding that this WOE is working for me!
CdnPaleoGuy is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member
 
SlimWithin26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Texas
Posts: 861
Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/281.8/253.4/199
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: March 16, 2014
[QUOTE=Just Jo;16838564] Hey Slim

I personally think it's do able. You have a little less then 4 months to lose 50 lbs by 4 July. I lost 80lbs in 4 months (cause I had a LOT to lose). Here is my data:

http://www.joblack59.com/loss_03-05-2014.jpg

But you have to remember everyone is different on the amount of weight they can lose at any given time. Every pound you lose is one pound closer to your goal and in my book that is SWEET SUCCESS!! Follow your WOE plan and you will see results!

Know that we are all here cheering you on as you continue on your journey!!

THANKS JUST JO! I am excited about the possibilities and cant wait to see my results. Glad to have a mini goal (10lbs by my bday in 15days) so that I have something to stay focused on.

Do have a few questions:

1.) Is fried food ok or do you stay away from it? I LOVE fried food and wanted to fry some tilipia tonight (was going to coat in egg) but wasn't sure if its a good idea.

2.) How often do you eat? I want to try to eat 3 times a day but I do see that some people eat up to 6 times a day. I don't know that I can eat that often. Would I be hendering myself by not eating that often?

3.) What vitamins do you all take? I take a multivitamin and B12. Should I be taking anything else?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
321.4 (start) 310 299 (1st mini goal) 290 (2nd goal) 280 (3rd goal) 270 (4th goal) 260 (5th goal) 250 (6th goal) 240 (7th goal) 230 (8th goal) 220 (9th goal) 210 (10th goal) 199 (1st Major Goal)

[COLOR=Purple]SlimWithin26[/COLOR]
SlimWithin26 is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member
 
Partyof7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 746
Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Quick question - I am calculating the Monks fruit sweetener as .75 gram of carb but the packet says 0g "less than 1g carbohydrate"
How should I count this - as 1g or 0?

1q of water down. 2 to go.
Partyof7 is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member
 
jessworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 162
Gallery: jessworth
Stats: 262/252/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 03/05/2014
Thanks for all the support! I take meat out of the freezer every couple of days. Like yesterday I pulled out some pork chops, some chicken breasts and some ground beef. Then I just grab what ever I feel like eating that day. I make up hard boiled eggs every few days and made deviled eggs yesterday. I stay stocked up on bacon and eggs for breakfast. I also buy salad greens every few days. I made my own salad dressing. I don't eat artificial sweeteners, so sweets are something I miss terribly right now.
jessworth is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MtherGoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,030
Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Partyof7, I would count it as 1. Also remember that a lot of the things you're eating aren't really part of the Atkins 72 induction. As long as its working for you, that's great, but if you start to stall, you may want to look through the induction food list.

Slimwithin, fried foods are totally fine! It's the breeding we have to avoid, but you aren't using any, so no worries. How often you eat is up to you. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're not. Listen to your body and just when your body is hungry.
__________________
"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"
Started Induction 2/22/13 at 300.6
Mini Goals ~
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member
 
michellewynos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 394
Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/181/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
MotherGoose....So very proud of you!!!!! You are amazing!!!!!! I can not wait until I get into the 160's!!!! Great job!!!!
I am now down to 205...super excited about that!!!! I quit eating salad and it has really amped up my weight loss....so excited!!!!!
So, 21lbs for me since Feb. 3rd!!!!!! I was hoping to get down to 199 (my mini goal) before April 7th (going to Florida) and I really believe I am going to do it!!!!
michellewynos is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member
 
Partyof7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 746
Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
I know I am not eating 72 induction Mothergoose *blush*, Sorry. My goal is to! I really want to have results like yours. Means I gotta work like you, I know.

I really blew things by eating this beef jerky. 10 carbs worth
Then I added some sugar free maple syrup to a revolution roll 5 carbs.

*sigh*
Day 1 and I hit 40-50 carbs.


Well, I am just going to look at it like it is progress. The only way I can look at it. After the kids went to bed I just felt famished and like my sweet tooth was on fire.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Partyof7 is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:39 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Yes, your twin is really old.

Thank you for the encourgement, Just Jo. Well, I am really old - 70. Some people wonder why, at my age, I want to "diet" or count calories or eat a certain way.. Well, I want to be healthy and be around a few more years. I also like to look fairly good in my clothes, too, if possible

I do know that I used to be able to lose fairly fast, but now it is at a snail's pace probably due to age and maybe some meds that I am on. I kick myself for letting myself gain because I know how hard it is to lose again. Enough of that yo-yo stuff!!

Have a great day!!
Gonnalose
LOL @ really old... you're not really old... in any case. Yep you are probably correct on the meds thing and slowing down the weight loss process. But you know any pound lost is a pound closer to your personal weight goal!! So Imma gonna sit here and cheer you on!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:43 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hi Just Jo and thank you for the encouragement!

I started this morning, though I think I used my carbs because I had to eat the leftovers.

What do you guys think?

Hey Partyof7, I agree with MG (that woman is so knowledgeable about this WOE). If it's working for you great -- if not, tweak. If this is going to be a lifestyle change, make this WOE your own. That's the beautiful part of a low carb WOE.

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex57 View Post
Thanks for the welcome, JustJoe.

I'm off and running ..... Literally. Was up every two hours throughout the night peeing! 2 pounds worth.

Question. After my bathroom visit and getting back into bed I would experience a full body tingling and "hot flash" type of sensation. It would last awhile. Not very pleasant. Does anyone else experience something like this? At my age regular hot flashes are far behind me.

Enjoy the day, everyone.
It's Jo -- I'm female . LOL Yep I have to get up once a night to visit my bathroom too. Haven't experienced the full body tingling or "hot flash" thingy (mine are behind me too...) I'll keep my ear to the ground and see if anyone else has experience those symptoms. You could start a thread and ask...

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:56 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessworth View Post
Thanks for all the support! I take meat out of the freezer every couple of days. Like yesterday I pulled out some pork chops, some chicken breasts and some ground beef. Then I just grab what ever I feel like eating that day. I make up hard boiled eggs every few days and made deviled eggs yesterday. I stay stocked up on bacon and eggs for breakfast. I also buy salad greens every few days. I made my own salad dressing. I don't eat artificial sweeteners, so sweets are something I miss terribly right now.
Sounds like you have your strategy for your daily meals. I think that's one of the most important keys to success in this WOE. Having the "legal' foods around when you are hungry so that you don't make poor food choices. Wishing you much success on your LC journey!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:17 AM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MtherGoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,030
Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Michelle, thank you! And what an awesome job you're doing! You'll be in the 160s in no time!

Partyof7, I'm definitely not nagging at you! As Jo said, it's about making this work for you. If its working for you, then keep on with whatever works for you. It's all about what works for you and what you can stick with!

Jo, thank you for being such a source of inspiration and support on here!
MtherGoos is online now  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:20 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
MotherGoose....So very proud of you!!!!! You are amazing!!!!!! I can not wait until I get into the 160's!!!! Great job!!!!
I am now down to 205...super excited about that!!!! I quit eating salad and it has really amped up my weight loss....so excited!!!!!
So, 21lbs for me since Feb. 3rd!!!!!! I was hoping to get down to 199 (my mini goal) before April 7th (going to Florida) and I really believe I am going to do it!!!!
CONGRATS michellewynos!!!

I think you can still make your mini goal of 199 by April 7th! That's 3 weeks away and 6 pounds. If you're following your WOE, I think you'd see less than 199!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:27 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Holy Hannah -- I've lost another pound!

Thanks MG for the kind words -- but you really are an inspiration and your advice is always spot on.

Oh my gosh, I woke up this morning and the scales said 129! **Doing the little happy-happy dance!** That's a total of 121 pounds I've lost in exactly 9 months (36 weeks). Sounds like I've lost it quickly, but simple math tells me it's an average of 3.3lbs/week -- so it's not that quickly. Four more pounds and I am going to start my maintenance phase. I am giving myself "wiggle" room so that I can experiment with the daily # of carbs and kcals I can eat without either gaining or losing anymore. I call it my "sweet spot".

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Thanks MG for the kind words -- but you really are an inspiration and your advice is always spot on.

Oh my gosh, I woke up this morning and the scales said 129! **Doing the little happy-happy dance!** That's a total of 121 pounds I've lost in exactly 9 months (36 weeks). Sounds like I've lost it quickly, but simple math tells me it's an average of 3.3lbs/week -- so it's not that quickly. Four more pounds and I am going to start my maintenance phase. I am giving myself "wiggle" room so that I can experiment with the daily # of carbs and kcals I can eat without either gaining or losing anymore. I call it my "sweet spot".

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Awesome, Jo. You have done so well.
hopetolose is online now  
Old 03-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
LOL @ really old... you're not really old... in any case. Yep you are probably correct on the meds thing and slowing down the weight loss process. But you know any pound lost is a pound closer to your personal weight goal!! So Imma gonna sit here and cheer you on!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill


“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Thank you so much, Jo. I really appreciate all of the encouragement.
Weight stayed the same today. Think I am just catching up from the 7# that I have lost this week.
hopetolose is online now  
Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Congrats michellewynos!!! You are doing so well.
hopetolose is online now  
Old 03-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
I know I am not eating 72 induction Mothergoose *blush*, Sorry. My goal is to! I really want to have results like yours. Means I gotta work like you, I know.

I really blew things by eating this beef jerky. 10 carbs worth
Then I added some sugar free maple syrup to a revolution roll 5 carbs.

*sigh*
Day 1 and I hit 40-50 carbs.


Well, I am just going to look at it like it is progress. The only way I can look at it. After the kids went to bed I just felt famished and like my sweet tooth was on fire.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You are doing well. Don't let one little mess-up discourage you - as you said this is a new day.

We can do this!!
hopetolose is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.