Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I am on day 8 of my Atkins '72 induction and have lost 8 lbs to date. The past couple days there was a stall, but then my period began so that explains the stall. But this morning, another lb. was lost, so I fully expect to lose a couple more once it ends.

I have decided to add back a little cream in addition to the 4 tsp. allowed on induction to see if it makes any change at all. It is only about 2 carbs addition - so my ketosis should not be affected. I hope it has no effect because I really miss my coffee and cream in the morning.

Other than that, I am thrilled with the way the induction is working. I am satisfied and have no hunger or cravings at all. My husband always has snacks and sweets in the kitchen but I have no desire for them. No temptation at all! And it is not just a will-power thing. I truly don't even want them. I find that if I get hungry at night, I just fry up a couple eggs and that takes care of it. Strange, for me. I have never felt like this before.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
PauletteicusJ, glad to have you join us and I'm so glad you're finding what works for you! It's definitely all about finding what works for you, and it sounds like you've found your groove!

JustJo, that sounds exactly like what I'm planning to do. I did just recently start exercising too. I was planning to wait until I got to goal to do that too, but I went and started. Believe it or not, I was anxious to start exercising! I've never had that feeling before!

MSNLA, the important thing is that you DID resist them. And next time it will be a little easier. The longer you stay on plan, the easier it gets to resist the treats and temptations.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNLA View Post
JusJo, I'm truly in awe of both you and mthergoos. Did you give in to any of your weaknesses during those weeks? I'm not necessarily meaning things pre this Atkins WOL/WOE, but things like nuts, wine, etc...

I struggled so much last night trying to resist almonds. I literally had to go to bed at 9p in order to resist them. I started induction Monday, 3/3/14, and have been able to resist a lot - even hot and fresh Krispy Kreme donuts I picked up for my kids yesterday; but those almonds seemed to OWN me for a moment...
I only strayed once and ON PURPOSE (can you believe it?) at Thanksgiving. My daughter and her hubby were down and I indulged for 3 days and gained 7 lbs. But that was the one & only time. I mean "on purpose" because I promised myself that I would get back to this WOE and not let that event trigger "Fat Jo's" need for carbs... By Thanksgiving I had already lost 100lbs, was that the excuse I needed to do that? I don't know...

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 03-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/168/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Ladies, I am so inspired by all of your amazing accomplishment! I have been dong atkins since 2/3/14 and lost 14lbs. Then last weekend, i totally messed up and went a little (ok, a lot) crazy, for my best friends birthday weekend.... Gained 9lbs!!! Was so frustrated and annoyed with myself!! Then, i got my period and realized that not all 9lbs gained was from that weekend.....although, i vow to never go crazy again!!! Have lost those 9lbs in this week, so am so very happy about that!!! Am hoping that i will continue to keep on losing!!! I think i find this wol easy for me, in general, because i know exactly what i can eat, and i don't have to buy anything special or really do anything special. I normally am not a big food eater...like i do not like fancy food or anything special. i love cheeseburgers and eggs and salad.....lol, which is all i really eat now! besides last weekend, i have not wanted to cheat. Never even crosses my mind. Does not bother me that my family still eats ice cream and pizza. I can not wait til I am like you, mothergoose, with only a few more lbs to go!!! You look amazing, by the way!!! Can't wait to be as skinny as you!!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #395
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72 Induction (Hard Core!)
I would like it if people who are following Atkins 72 would post their daily menus. If you have time of course. I find it inspiring and may pick up ideas.

I'll start.

Yesterday:

B~ Bulletproof coffee
L~ Sirloin strips dipped in bearnaise sauce
S~ Fried radishes in palm oil and one fried egg

Today:

B~ Bulletproof coffee
L~ Egg drop soup (Chicken broth, with one egg drizzled in and a splash of sesame oil)
S~ Hamburger patty with a fried egg on top. Either fried radishes or a little kimchi on the side.

Today was the first day that I don't actually miss the coffee cream. I'm going with it.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I have to go out of town tomorrow and will be gone for a couple of days. Traveling is my down fall. Hoping for a good outcome.

My menu today:
Chicken salad
Turkey w/cream cheese
Macadamia nuts(2oz)
SF jello
Old 03-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
I have to go out of town tomorrow and will be gone for a couple of days. Traveling is my down fall. Hoping for a good outcome.

My menu today:
Chicken salad
Turkey w/cream cheese
Macadamia nuts(2oz)
SF jello
Chicken salad sounds good! I think I'll have that for supper.

My meals for the day:

B~ Bulletproof coffee
L~ Egg drop soup
S~ Chicken salad (Chicken breast, chopped up bacon, celery,mayonnaise, smoked paprika, Himalayan sea salt)

If I "need" a snack later tonight I'll portion out 1 oz of a hard, aged dark cheddar.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for the compliments Michelle!

cfine, I'll be traveling this week too. Leaving on Friday, and I'll be gone for a week, but don't let it throw you. I usually find it pretty easy to stay on plan while I'm traveling. Bunless burgers, steak, bacon and eggs, etc...... You've got this!

Emerald, my meals are pretty much the same exact thing every day ~

Breakfast 4-6 pieces of bacon

Lunch ~ 2 hard boiled eggs smashed up in a bowl with 2 Tablespoons of Mayo, 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil and some mustard

Snack ~ 3/4 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner varies, but it's usually either a steak, pork steak, or hamburger patty on the grill.

Keeping the same is what works for me. I don't need a lot of variety, but I didn't when I wasn't eating low carb either, so that's just me.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:40 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hello Group -----
I *think* I am set to join you all. I did DANDR about 15 years ago for a couple months - I dropped some sizes but...well, I started applying my cookie flavored chap stick a little *too* often, and before I knew it I was back to inhaling loaves of bread and sugar.

Fast forward to nearly 2 years ago, I halfheartedly attempted low carb/sugar free. I got so hung up on eating mini cheesecakes (seriously, I would eat all of them, while still hot and you could taste the fake sweetner)....kukoo..
I ended up gaining 15 pounds doing low carb induction 'my way'.

So I've been vegetarian/vegan 90% of the time, and 1 meal a week I'll have some meat. Added another baby into the mix and whoa Nelly...I am 348 pounds.
How does that happen??

So this time it will work because 1) I actually went to the Dr. about it. Really. She's going to help me, and she gave me the goal to lose 6 pounds by next months appointment.
and
2) I am not going to give up.

Some special issues I forsee though:
I don't really love meat.
Huge sweet tooth.
I love lentils, beans, etc. BUT I am never 'full' from eating vegan/vegetarian. Ever.

However, Dr. Atkins works. I know it. It fills me up, and gives me energy..
So right now I am absolutely dedicated to doing Atkins 72 the first week and hitting ketosis.I may switch the DANDR after I get ketosis going.
I don't start until Sunday! Clearing the kitchen, getting groceries stocked up, educating myself....Getting acquainted with you all.

My life absolutely depends on getting rid of this weight. I have 5 little ones I need to be around for.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #400
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome.

I wish you much luck Partyof7!

I have a feeling it's going to take you no time to get into ketosis. The biggest bestest tip I can offer to you is to be prepared. Have food on hand for when an urge to snack hits. I really think that not having a well thought out plan is the biggest stumbling block.

So have some boiled eggs handy, pre-cut and measured cheese cooked meats and if you are craving something sweet have some jello - that you have already made.

Keep us posted on your progress. I'm rooting for you.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Partyof7, i totally agree with Emerald!!! If you are well prepared, you WILL DO THIS!!!!! And stay connected to this group!!! These people are so very helpful with everything! With food ideas, with support, with love. They care about you and are always there to cheer you on or to pick you up!! Good luck and can't wait to hear about your progress!!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Emerald, and Michelle.

I discovered that for quitting smoking, an online group was a MUST. It was so helpful to reach out and find that support. I have been smoke free for nearly 3 years and I credit a lot of that to the online support.

I live very rural, so online is the only kind of support I will really receive for this change in my lifestyle. My Dr also.

eta: I have the best husband a gal could ask for, but he is a naturally trim fellow ---- who doesn't really "see" the issue with my weight. Thinks I just had 5 kids so I shouldnt be so "hard" on myself with a "diet". Love him. I think when I saw the Dr (I even have my kids at home. Me going to a doctor is nearly unheard of) he realized I was serious.

Last edited by Partyof7; 03-12-2014 at 12:52 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Partyof7! Trust me, I understand where you're at! I used to have 6 kids at home, and at one point I was homeschooling the 3 oldest, and the 3 youngest were 3, 18 months and newborn. Taking care of myself was the LAST thing I had time for. We're here for you, so post often! When I'm feeling weak, or like I want to "cheat", I come here and read, read, and read. Seriously, it helps to keep your head in the game and keep you focused. And eventually it gets easier. Pretty soon, you aren't even considering eating off plan.

As far as meat goes, I was just like you too. When we would go out to eat, a grilled cheese with extra cheese, French fries, and ranch dressing was my favorite meal. I could eat that every single night. I was much happier to leave the meat out of everything. But the longer I eat this way, the easier it becomes. Now I have meat just about every night for dinner. I've never liked eggs much either, but I have them every day now. You'll adjust and found new things that you do like.

You can do this. You just have to realize that taking care of you is every bit as important as taking care of those babies.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Hello Everyone. I would love to join your group. I have been lurking here and you people are a real inspiration!!

First, a little about myself:
I am not new to low carbing having lost approx. 40# doing DANDR a few years ago and have pretty much been maintaining with some ups and downs doing calorie counting.

I got discouraged and stopped doing low carb when it seemed to stop working for me. Think since I was so close to goal, I was eating too much food. I have noticed some menus and most people doing this, don't eat as much as I did when I was losing, so think I need to cut down on the food. I may still do calorie counting, too. Do you think that would help me?

I really enjoy the food that I can eat, so the meat, eggs, etc. have never been a problem for me - just too much of it!! I guess I like it too much

I exercise for an hour a day by walking.

I am excited to get back to this way of eating and thank you so much for the support.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Hopetolose! I know that Dr. Atkins said that we don't have to count calories, but calories do count. For instance, he tells the story of the woman that wasn't losing, and he couldn't figure out why, until he found out that she was eating an entire stick of butter for dessert every night. Too many calories. So if you're losing just fine, then there's no reason to worry about calories, but if you aren't losing, and you're entirely on plan, then it might be time to look at exactly how much you're consuming. I think that part of this way of eating is learning to eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're not. Listen to your body and tune in to it. For some of us, me especially, this is a new concept. I eat just because I love food, but learning to actually eat to hunger can be a new idea. I'm still working on this.

So, if you're losing, don't worry about it, but if you're stalled for a significant period of time, then you might take a look at it. Maybe enter your food into an online tracker and see exactly where you're at and exactly how much you're eating in a day. Also, realize that because you have so little to lose, you may not lose quite as quickly as you did before, but patience and consistency will get you there.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Hi Hopetolose! I know that Dr. Atkins said that we don't have to count calories, but calories do count. For instance, he tells the story of the woman that wasn't losing, and he couldn't figure out why, until he found out that she was eating an entire stick of butter for dessert every night. Too many calories. So if you're losing just fine, then there's no reason to worry about calories, but if you aren't losing, and you're entirely on plan, then it might be time to look at exactly how much you're consuming. I think that part of this way of eating is learning to eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're not. Listen to your body and tune in to it. For some of us, me especially, this is a new concept. I eat just because I love food, but learning to actually eat to hunger can be a new idea. I'm still working on this.

So, if you're losing, don't worry about it, but if you're stalled for a significant period of time, then you might take a look at it. Maybe enter your food into an online tracker and see exactly where you're at and exactly how much you're eating in a day. Also, realize that because you have so little to lose, you may not lose quite as quickly as you did before, but patience and consistency will get you there.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and advice. I understand about listening to our bodies about hunger. That is a new concept for me, too. I, too, have always loved to eat and there are not many foods that I don't like. In all of my years of eating and dieting, I just haven't learned that yet and certainly need to work on that one!! Big problem for me!!

I love the stick of butter story. I think if I ate a stick of butter, I would have other problems, too. if you know what I mean.

I will appreciate any advice or suggestions and look forward to coming here often and "visiting" with all of you.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

So excited!!!! after not losing for about 2 weeks and then my HUGE mess up of cheating, I finally lost 2lbs today!!!! Woohooo!!!! Back on track!!!! Now that is a total of 14lbs in about a month!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Great, Michelle! Fourteen pounds in a month is wonderful.

I don't post a lot, but I do read this thread every day. I'm doing strict induction now due to some indiscretions during the holidays, got back on track and lost some then sabotaged myself by making excuses that this or that wouldn't hurt and I'd make up for it later, which didn't happen so where I had only 10 lbs. to lose, I now have 20! I'm going to make it though, I know I am! You are a great and very inspiring group here, I really like reading all of your posts and do get a lot of inspiration from you. Gotta go put some chicken in the oven for dinner, that's it chicken and deviled eggs.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Can you ladies tell me how to get my picture to show up????
Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

My bad ladies, i did not lose 14 lbs in a month.....i lost 16!!! Started at 226 and currently 210!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #411
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
Can you ladies tell me how to get my picture to show up????
See to the upper left where it says User Control Panel? Click on that.
Then on the upper left it will have Your Control Panel, and under that it has everything you need to add an avatar or a picture.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Goose! I have a feeling you DO know where I am coming from! I homeschool also. So pleased to meet you.

Hi Hope!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello and welcome to our new folks!! Glad you are here. We are on our way home from our nations capital(10 hour drive) and I will admit that I went off the rail with my food choices. I will be so happy to be home!! I'm eating eggs and mayo with a ton of water tomorrow. My belly is hurting so bad!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:58 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
I would like it if people who are following Atkins 72 would post their daily menus. If you have time of course. I find it inspiring and may pick up ideas.

I'll start.

Yesterday:

B~ Bulletproof coffee
L~ Sirloin strips dipped in bearnaise sauce
S~ Fried radishes in palm oil and one fried egg

Today:

B~ Bulletproof coffee
L~ Egg drop soup (Chicken broth, with one egg drizzled in and a splash of sesame oil)
S~ Hamburger patty with a fried egg on top. Either fried radishes or a little kimchi on the side.

Today was the first day that I don't actually miss the coffee cream. I'm going with it.
Emerald -- I do MY VERSION of Atkins '72 -- wanting the most weight loss possible in the shortest period of time without affecting my health so here's what my meal plan looks like:

What do I eat (I only eat one time a day -- if I eat more often I am hungry all day long, weird but true):
Coffee with International Delight Liquid Coffee Cream 2 T. = 40 kcals & 2g carbs
One bag (5-6 oz) Butter Lettuce type salad, with homemade garlic vinaigrette dressing = 80 kcals & 4g carbs
So I get my other kcals from:
Tuna, Baked Chicken Breast or Broiled Cod
I take 2 multi-vitamins, calcium and potassium

My meal sounds pretty boring, but I love them -- I know the night before what I am going to eat the next day and that seems to satisfy any cravings.
I averaged 756 kcals daily and 6g carbs from July 5 to Jan 1, 2014 and lost 100lbs by 23 Dec.

On Jan 1, I decided I needed to up my kcals. So every week I’d add 50 kcals daily. I try to do 1200 kcals daily but it’s difficult to eat that much food and I still only have 6 carbs daily. I added the one thing I missed most and that was pork rinds. On average, I do about 1100 kcals daily. Some days I do 1200 other days 900, it depends how hungry I am.

Exercise:
I exercise every weekday morning for 2 - 2.5 hours. I have a stationary bike that I’ve rigged with my computer keyboard so that if I have to be on the computer, I have to peddle. Being a school teacher, I do a lot of lesson planning etc on the computer. And now that I’ve found all of you -- I peddle as I blog. LOL I’m an early riser so I do this before I go to work in the am.
On the weekends, I can log up to 4 hours depending how much work I have. Okay, I’m not sweating bullets as I peddle, but I am peddling constantly for 1 hour at a time (my behind needs a break every hour). I also weight train every other day for 15 mins. I have a Galaxy Gear watch (goes with the cell phone) and I track how many miles I walk as I teach -- I rarely sit at school (I teach Guitar, Family and Consumer Sciences “Home Ec for those of my generation” and Technology). I can log around 5 miles each day just at school.

Okay I hope that wasn't TMI...

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-13-2014, 03:03 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hello Group -----
I *think* I am set to join you all. I did DANDR about 15 years ago for a couple months - I dropped some sizes but...well, I started applying my cookie flavored chap stick a little *too* often, and before I knew it I was back to inhaling loaves of bread and sugar.

Fast forward to nearly 2 years ago, I halfheartedly attempted low carb/sugar free. I got so hung up on eating mini cheesecakes (seriously, I would eat all of them, while still hot and you could taste the fake sweetner)....kukoo..
I ended up gaining 15 pounds doing low carb induction 'my way'.

So I've been vegetarian/vegan 90% of the time, and 1 meal a week I'll have some meat. Added another baby into the mix and whoa Nelly...I am 348 pounds.
How does that happen??

So this time it will work because 1) I actually went to the Dr. about it. Really. She's going to help me, and she gave me the goal to lose 6 pounds by next months appointment.
and
2) I am not going to give up.

Some special issues I forsee though:
I don't really love meat.
Huge sweet tooth.
I love lentils, beans, etc. BUT I am never 'full' from eating vegan/vegetarian. Ever.

However, Dr. Atkins works. I know it. It fills me up, and gives me energy..
So right now I am absolutely dedicated to doing Atkins 72 the first week and hitting ketosis.I may switch the DANDR after I get ketosis going.
I don't start until Sunday! Clearing the kitchen, getting groceries stocked up, educating myself....Getting acquainted with you all.

My life absolutely depends on getting rid of this weight. I have 5 little ones I need to be around for.
Partyof7
Wishing you much success on your low carb journey!! We're here to support you and each other and everyone has such useful info to share!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-13-2014, 03:07 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post

I agree with MtherGoos about the kcals -- for me they can be an issue. You have to do what works for you -- that's the beautiful thing about this WOE -- you tailor it to fit your needs, life style etc.

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-13-2014, 03:10 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
My bad ladies, i did not lose 14 lbs in a month.....i lost 16!!! Started at 226 and currently 210!!!
*Doing the little happy dance for you!!!* That is so awesome michelle! Every pound loss is one pound closer to your goal and every successful day is one day closer to your dreams...

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to everyone.

Glad to report that my first day back to DANDR was wonderful and seemed so good to be eating this way again. I was down 3# this morning, so I am a happy camper!! Know it was probably water since I am coming off of calorie counting with too many carbs. Feel like this is going to work for me again!!

I am going to pretty much be eating the same thing every day, too, as some of you do. That seems to work for me doing it that way better than preparing lots of recipes, etc. I have a tendency to overdo it when I do that.

Today's menu:
B - 2 sl bacon
1 egg
L - 2 eggs with 1 T mayo
S - 1 oz cheese or SF jello
D - 3 oz turkey pattie baked with 1 sl bacon

I will be adding salad later after I get started and doing well.

Hope all have a great day!!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

@JustJo. I had to do a double take at your stats. All I can say is WOW!! You have rocked it. Congrats on your success.

My day is going to consist of eggs and mayo. Boring but hopefully it will get me back on track.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Today is day 12 of my Atkins '72 induction. I weighed myself this morning and I am now at 319! (started at 331) So I have officially lost 12 lbs in 12 days!!! I am going to share my menu, as a couple of you have. As of today, this is what I ate:

B - 1 cup coffee with 2 Tbl cream and 2 sweetener packs, 3 eggs scrambled with 1 Tbl butter

Snack 1 - 1 cup coffee with 2 Tbl cream and 2 sweetener packs

L - Chicken salad made with about 4 oz shredded leftover chicken thigh meat, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 3 Tbl mayo and 1 tsp mustard (I didn't eat it all - left about 1/3 in my bowl)

Snack 2 - added a chopped hard boiled egg to the leftover chicken salad and about an ounce or so more meat and another Tbl of mayo. Again, I did not even finish it. There is about half left in my bowl.

D - Did not have dinner yet, but I suspect I will try to finish the chicken salad For some strange reason, I am kind of sick of chicken salad...gee, I wonder why...
Closed Thread