Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Hi, All. Feeling discouraged!!!! Have only lost 1lb in the last week!!!! I don't cheat and I think I am doing everything I need to be doing. Honestly, I probably should not be getting discouraged......i have lost 12lbs in 3 weeks, which is good. And I know I have lost inches, but, really!!??!!, 1lb in a week????? I have no patience, apparently!!! I want to get rid of all this fat in 1 month.....although it took me years to put it on!!! Lol, I see I am rambling.....just frustrated and wanted to yell about it to people who understand....Thanks for listening!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
[QUOTE=michellewynos;16812535].....

Hi, All. Feeling discouraged!!!! Have only lost 1lb in the last week!!!! I don't cheat and I think I am doing everything I need to be doing. Honestly, I probably should not be getting discouraged......i have lost 12lbs in 3 weeks, which is good. ......QUOTE]

RELAX ! ! !
You are right...You are doing great!!!!
Yup...been there...wanting it to be gone "overnight"!!!
NEVER GIVE UP...STICK WITH THE PLAN.
Find other non food activities to keep you busy....Plan those activities!
Same thing goes for activities, If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail!
Go treat yourself to a hot bath...with some lavender Epsom salts...
...be nice to yourself!
Weight loss is never a straight line!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Find other non food activities to keep you busy....Plan those activities!

Thanks!!! i have been doing more things....not very active things, but, still doing more!! Took my son bowling the other day with my family, went to my nieces gymnastics meet, went out to dinner with my sisters. I am addicted to the scale...ugh!!! Some days, I will weigh myself 3 times....dumb, I know!!! But, I just want to see it go down!! I know I need to get a measuring tape, but every time I am in town, I do not think about it. Should maybe put a reminder on my phone!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Michelle, Just relax and remember that this is a lifetime journey, not a race. You're going to have weeks where you don't lose at all and some where you even gain, but it's all part of the process. Patience and consistency are going to be key to your success.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, MtherGoos!!!!!! Encouragement is always helpful!!!!! i do not plan on quitting or anything, just frustrated...and needed to vent!!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Ok, feeling better today, although no weight loss. But, I did try on my favorite pair of levi's, size 16, and they were loose!!!! Also, I did get a measuring tape, so, now I can actually tell how many inches I am losing. Thanks for the advice and good words yesterday...needed them
Old 02-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Vanilla, what I do is to stick to the foods that are on the Atkins 72 Induction List, but I focus on getting higher fat, so I combine Atkins 72 with NK. I think the biggest difference is that on NK, you don't have to stick to the foods on the Induction List, you just keep your macros in line. With Atkins 72, he didn't put a big emphasis on higher fat. For me, as I get closer to goal, it gets harder to lose, so focusing on keeping my fat at around 80% helps to keep me losing. Dr Atkins didn't want us to be afraid of fat, but he didn't focus on higher fat. For me, that's just what I need to do to keep losing at this point in my weight loss.
HI I Have been following you guys on here since I started a couple months ago. I've lost 20 pounds but havent lost anything lately. I am wondering how you up your fat? Can you give me some examples. Also what is NK? Do you guys add the veggies allowed? I have alot to lose and just want to get this right.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:18 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Michelle, Just relax and remember that this is a lifetime journey, not a race. You're going to have weeks where you don't lose at all and some where you even gain, but it's all part of the process. Patience and consistency are going to be key to your success.
I love your advice MtherGoos because it's so true. I also know that if you are carefully watching everything you eat (whatever version of LC WOE you follow) you will get the results.

I don't know who posted this quote on here but it's brilliant:

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal. It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.”
Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
HI I Have been following you guys on here since I started a couple months ago. I've lost 20 pounds but havent lost anything lately. I am wondering how you up your fat? Can you give me some examples. Also what is NK? Do you guys add the veggies allowed? I have alot to lose and just want to get this right.
Hi Debra,

Unfortunately there's not just one way to get it right, because every person is different, but I can tell you what works for me. I don't eat any veggies. I will add in more low carb veggies when I get to maintenance, but I'm not there yet, so I don't eat any veggies.

If you want to experiment with adding in more fat, you can do it by adding butter, or coconut oil, or some other good fat to pretty much anything you eat. A lot of people make bulletproof coffee, which is coffee with butter, heavy whipping cream, and/or coconut oil mixed in to it to get plenty of fat in without adding any protein. Making egg salad, or tuna salad, with plenty of mayo and maybe even some olive oil added in is a great way to get more fat too.

It's all about finding the right combination that works for you, and that can change too. What works for several months in a row, may stop working and you'll need to change it again, but don't let little stalls cause you to change things up too quickly. It's totally normal for your body to go through periods where you don't lose, or even have a little gain, as your body adjusts. Then you'll start losing again. Patience and consistency are key.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 02-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
HI ........

Also what is NK?

NK= Nutritional Ketosis

Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb - Low Carb Friends
Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
Thank you
Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Sometimes I just get confused when you read do this dont do that then you start to second guess what your doing, is it right is it wrong? I just want to get this weight off and I feel like ok body its time to let it go. Can you guys give some menus of what you eat in a day, I want to compare to what I eat. I only eat at most 2 meals a day. Its not that Im tring to do that its just the way I feel hungry. If I am running around all day doing things I may only eat one meal and thank goodness for LC because there is NO WAY I could do it otherwise.

weight 257/235/130
Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Debbie, my menu is pretty much the same every day. I keep it really simple ~

Breakfast ~ 4-6 pieces of bacon

Lunch ~ 2 Eggs smashed up in a bowl with 2 Tablespoons Mayo, some mustard, and 1 Tablespoon of MCT oil

Dinner ~ Some kind of meat on the grill. Usually Ribeye, or pork steak, or some hamburger patties. I eat all the visible fat off first, then some of the meat if I'm hungry for it.

Again, there really is not right or wrong. It's about finding what works for you. The very best thing is to keep it really simple in the beginning. I really suggest just meats, eggs, cheese, and fats. Then when you're ready, slowly add things back in and see what your body can tolerate.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Thank You!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pickles1010
Stats: 198 /190.5 /160 5'8
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: Jan. 2004/ Restart:Jan 2014
Hi all.
I have been mostly lurking and not posting, will try to do better. I have lost another 1/2lb and I got some beautiful Strawberries as a reward for me for dessert. Any other time it would have been ice cream.
MtherGoose, you look great. By the way, where is the zipline in Vegas,I want to go there for my 69th birthday in April. Good job every one.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:37 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Monika, it was on Fremont street. They took it out but are in the process of putting a new one in.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quick,I remember now when they had it there. It's been a while since we been downtown. I want to go to Trader Joe's and Costco. We usually go twice a year then we stay at Sams Town so we don't even have go into town. Stay away from the strip.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #318
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Justiceajba
Stats: 180/167/130
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2014
Hi everyone is doing well. I reached a new low today of 163. So happy! I won't reach my feb goal of 160, but pleased nonetheless since I had company for a week and got a little off track.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Monika, we avoid the strip too. I don't like it at all, but I LOVE Fremont St. That's usually where we stay.

Justice, GREAT job!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Great job Justice, any little bit helps and makes us feel better also. I had a bad day last week after I got a call from my Dr that she wanted to see me about my Labs. Thinking the worst I got depressed and went to Pizza hut. Really felt horrid after and lucky that I didn't gain. Saw my Dr and the news was great, my weight is down, BS levels are good and Cholesterol is coming down. So I worried for nothing.
MthrGoos, l used to work at Woolworths on Fremont and loved it. That was before the Fremont Street Experience. Use to love the El Cortez, they had great food.

Ever seen a skinny grain eater? ( pig, horse, cow)
Ever seen a fat protein eater? (tiger, leopard, lion)

Old 02-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Good for you, Justice -- you will be at your Feb. goal in short order, I'm sure!

Monika - Best not to fall off the wagon for something you imagine -- wait for the facts! Glad you didn't have any negative results from it. Congratulations on the good results!

The last time I went off plan and cheated I didn't even enjoy the food, so it definitely wasn't worth it! Unfortunately, my cheat resulted in a gain but I've been faithful ever since.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/273/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Hello - I am new here. I have been following the NEW Atkins for a little over a month and I have not lost a thing. I actually am a pound heavier than when I started. So I did a lot of research and found this site. I want to start following the old 72 Atkins because I feel the 20 carbs a day is probably over my CCL. Plus, it is hard for me to eat the foundation vegetables the NEW version calls for because I really think they are icky. I have never been a vegetable eater, and never will. Lettuce and celery is fine with me, but only if I can put some dressing on it. I also think the NEW version is too structured and I always seem to be hungry, trying to keep my calories in the 1500-1800 range. I am going to give the 72 induction version a month and see if it will make any difference. The most difficult part will be giving up my cream in my coffee. Is there anyone out there with any advice for me?
Old 03-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
Hey! I'm new to this thread but not to LCF. I have started the 72 induction two days ago and I'm down 3 lbs. I plan on staying on induction until the 14th then I have a trip to Vegas. (I'm not worried about eating on plan but I am worried about the alcohol consumption.)

Anyway there is one thing that always confused me about this plan. It clearly states that cream cheese is NOT allowed but yet the Revolution Rolls are made using the cream cheese. For the record I LOVE the RR's. My favourite way to use them is to make French Toast with them. Then I use Walden Farms Maple Syrup - no cals or carbs. I don't use much but when I have a craving for something sweet that is my go to.

Another favourite 72 Induction meal is Egg salad. I boil some radishes, to replicate boiled potatoes, add some celery for crunch, mayo, dry mustard, celery seed and of course lots of eggs and you have a perfect salad! Sometimes I add chopped bacon to to it. Can't ever go wrong with adding bacon.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Hello - I am new here. I have been following the NEW Atkins for a little over a month and I have not lost a thing. I actually am a pound heavier than when I started. So I did a lot of research and found this site. I want to start following the old 72 Atkins because I feel the 20 carbs a day is probably over my CCL. Plus, it is hard for me to eat the foundation vegetables the NEW version calls for because I really think they are icky. I have never been a vegetable eater, and never will. Lettuce and celery is fine with me, but only if I can put some dressing on it. I also think the NEW version is too structured and I always seem to be hungry, trying to keep my calories in the 1500-1800 range. I am going to give the 72 induction version a month and see if it will make any difference. The most difficult part will be giving up my cream in my coffee. Is there anyone out there with any advice for me?
I'm going to try cutting out all cream as well. Although you are permitted to have up to 4 teaspoons per day. I love cream in my coffee but lately I have been making Bulletproof coffee. I use coconut oil but some diehards say you have to use MCT Oil but I have found coconut to work just fine.

Good Luck!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

I have heard a lot about Bulletproof coffee - but don't you need a blender to mix it up? I should get myself one of those little personal blenders and at least try this concoction. I sure do miss my coffee! And 4 tsp is not very much cream. It barely makes my coffee more than a lighter dark brown (I like my coffee STRONG) which is why I was using way too much cream. I would rather not even drink it if I can't have adequate cream. By the way, after I see some results from the strict induction, cream is the first thing I will be adding to see if my CCL will tolerate it.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post

I still have my cup of coffee and measure out 1 tbs and 1 tsp heavy cream in my coffee. Atkins ok'd that.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:50 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

I am officially on day 2 of the Atkins '72 induction. I had a cup of coffee this morning with a measly 4 teaspoons of cream. It was actually more like 1/2 cup of coffee. And I used Stevia to sweeten it, which I find very gross. Stevia has this bad, metallic-y taste which I do not like very much. Needless to say, I was NOT satisfied with this tiny, bad-tasting cup of coffee. It is not worth it. I don't think I am going to try it again. I look forward to the day when I can again start adding back my cream. And I will stick to the regular sweeteners, ditching the Stevia. What kind of sweetener does everyone else around here like to use?
Old 03-03-2014, 06:11 AM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

I use liquid Stevia exclusively in my coffee. I do find that some brands taste better then others. And I only put in like one little drop otherwise it can easily become overly bitter.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

I use davinis syrups
Old 03-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone tried Truvia (a mixture of Stevia and Erythritol)? Is it good? I want to stay away from Splenda because it affects my blood sugars...
Closed Thread