Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
The Ups and Downs of Atkins

Hi everyone,

I am a die hard Atkins fan. That said, I have been thinking I have yo yo'd so many times I have almost lost count! The first time I went on Atkins 72 was in 1976 and I lost an amazing 70 lbs! (I was 22 at the time) Having been an overweight child, it felt like I had discovered a whole new life. Kept the weight off except for the last 15-20 lbs for 8 years. This cycle of taking off weight, regaining some, or more, continued until 2007 when I (again) lost a bunch and weighed in at 140.

Now I am at 166 again- not for lack of trying! During the past 6 years I have gained 10, lost 10, gained 14, lost 15 etc etc but never could give up sugar entirely which is really what I need to do in order to maintain some stability.

I'm back on induction after giving up alcohol, nuts, sugars.

I wonder how many of you out there are also recidivists? Up and down?

Thanks as always for your support,

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
Start Date: 3/25/13
Oh my gosh, yes, I'm also a recidivist. Like you, I've also have had great success in years past, followed by regains. Nowadays, I make a little progress, then fall off and have to start over. I inch down, then go back up. I don't really understand why it's so hard for me to do something that I know works...If you have any answers I'd love to know

Good luck Bella!
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
If I could have made money dieting, I'd be oh so rich!!!! Thirty plus years and I still need to lose 80 lbs. or so. I've tried them all, even Atkins for about a week in the 80's. My mother had lost all her weight with the original Atkins. Now that I'm doing it, really liking it, and finally beginning to see some loses, I'm hoping I've found the answer and wish I'd have kept that week going.

Not totally psyched yet, but I do love eating good and never feeling hungry. I do feel eating low carb is good for us and I've also cut out wheat and sugar.

Looking forward to hearing your tips, tweaks, and successes.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vanilla, no kidding! Next lifetime I am choosing a different body type

Bella
Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Bella I read all your post doing Atkins 72 when Cheryl was here and you did really well. So are you doing 72 again? I seem to be stuck and I hate to admit it but I am thinking its cream in my coffee. I love my coffee but....
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gramma
Stats: 168/157/118
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 8/31/2013
Recidivists, Unite!

Like you, I've been successful on Atkins and then let "others" convince me it wasn't "healthy" to eat this way --- or I just quit because I thought it didn't matter.

I restarted Saturday, August 31 and promptly lost 12#, and haven't lost but 1# since. Rats! But I persist: haven't had a morsel of cereal, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, carrots, corn or beets since then, My KETO strips are four or five years old so they may not be accurate, but they show a "trace" so I have hopes I'm on my way .. just another day or so and perhaps???
Gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: onthepath
Stats: 234/213/180
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2012
Bella I am so sad to hear you are struggling again. I have just been reading and reading your posts with Cheryl and all the others. One day we will all learn not only how to take it off, but to keep it off.
onthepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepath View Post
Bella I am so sad to hear you are struggling again. I have just been reading and reading your posts with Cheryl and all the others. One day we will all learn not only how to take it off, but to keep it off.
I think it is a life long issue for me and many others. Some can take the weight off and keep it off, then there are others, many more probably, who lose and then regain. Fortunately for me, this time around I seem to be able to stop the gain before it gets too much out of hand Once i refocus and take sugar out of my diet, then it's easy to stay on plan. Maintenance is much harder I think than the losing part.

Im in week 3 and have lost about 6-7 lbs so at least it's going the right direction! But long gone are the days of losing 17 lbs in 3 weeks which is what happened the first time I did Atkins in 1976. That said, it always works, just maybe a little slower.

Hang in there, you can do it!

Bella