Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
I've tried to get people I know that want to lose weight so badly to go on Atkins but they won't. They're so afraid of fat, as I was when I first started. But I find it aggravating that they won't even research it or just listen. They just automatically think that it's awful, probably from the ignorant media. It's just so frustrating that I seem to get attacked by calorie counters about my view and knowledege about low carb. SO now I just keep it to myself. Has anyone else been attacked about being on a low carb diet or Atkins or anything? Or is it just me?
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
Yes, I have been set upon too, and it's frustrating because they are just totally ignorant about what they are lecturing you about. My favorite myth is that you'll lose energy without carbs and be tired all the time - ha! Nothing could be further from the truth. Arguing with an ignorant person is exhausting, not being on low carb.

I've also heard people state that Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack, so therefore that proves that the diet is bad for your heart. Obviously that's not true, he died from a head injury. It's beyond annoying.

Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.
Khalil Gibran
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esam View Post
This WOE is the only way I can feel somewhat in control of food. Eating carbs puts me in almost a hysterical addiction to consume any carbs around ( and if it's cake, cookies or treats, I'll beat you down to get them!!!!!! - no joke)

my scale isn't moving much either, I'm about ready to throw it out the window to see if it'll move then!!!!

not sure if my body is shape-shifting as you described, but the occasional "nekked" glance in the mirror still causes shudders, so I don't ponder the image much. *shudder*

hang in there...... I'm hangin in too. We'll beat this somehow.....
I could have written every single world of this. I'm seeing subtle changes, but man it's frustratingly slow!!!! I wanna see the pounds come off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
I've tried to get people I know that want to lose weight so badly to go on Atkins but they won't. They're so afraid of fat, as I was when I first started. But I find it aggravating that they won't even research it or just listen. They just automatically think that it's awful, probably from the ignorant media. It's just so frustrating that I seem to get attacked by calorie counters about my view and knowledege about low carb. SO now I just keep it to myself. Has anyone else been attacked about being on a low carb diet or Atkins or anything? Or is it just me?
It really is a shame because there is so much out there now about how what we've believed for the last 20-30 years is crap. I stumbled upon a blog the other day and if she'd had a way to post a comment, I would have. She was saying low carb is a nice, quick way to get rid of some weight (she obviously hasn't met me), but it's nothing you can stay on long term because of the food restrictions , blah, blah, blah. I try to educate my family when it comes up, and although they find it interesting, that's as far as it goes. My mother is currently battling cancer and since she did the original Atkins, you'd think hearing that sugar feeds her cancer, she would get back to it. But, she did it for a couple weeks and went back to eating carbs.

However, I have convinced my die hard fats-will-kill-you husband that he's been all wrong in his thinking. Although I don't think I'll be able to get him to eating meat again (he's a vegetarian), he has greatly reduced his carbs, sugars and wheat intake. He's listened to some of Jimmy Moore's podcasts with me and thankfully, he's begun to see the light.

Okay, so I'm testing out combining my low carb eating with JUDDD. I did a DD on Friday and was down 2.5 lbs. on Saturday. I did an UD Saturday and a MD day yesterday. DD today, so I'll weigh tomorrow.

Here's what I've had today so far:

B: BPC, but with half the butter, CO, and cream
L: Blueberry tea with butter
S: Greek yogurt, coffee w/cream
D: Planning on having cottage cheese w/blueberries OR some deli turkey w/mustard, lettuce

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post

B: BPC, but with half the butter, CO, and cream
L: Blueberry tea with butter
S: Greek yogurt, coffee w/cream
D: Planning on having cottage cheese w/blueberries OR some deli turkey w/mustard, lettuce
I meant to say a third of the amount.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

So, upon reading through a couple of threads, I saw I hadn't done it "by the book" after all. The way my book is laid out, it appears the veggies I was eating was allowed, but wasn't to be partaken of until the second week. Now, do I honestly believe those veggies were keeping me from losing any more than the couple of pounds I did? No. Considering all I've cut out (wheat, sugar, CARBS), you'd think that alone would have seen some poundage come off way before I tried to Atkins '72.

But I digress. So, I finished up what I call "Magic Meat" (sausage/hamburger/cream cheese) last night and began again today. I've been reading through lots of threads trying to see what will be acceptable in today's world. Ranch dressing and coconut oil, for example.

So, today's gone well as I knew it would, having already been low carb for awhile. Just having to watch the things I can't have until next week.

B: BPC (coffee, butter, coconut oil)
L: Hamburger patties, swiss cheese, mayo, mustard)
D: TBA - probably tuna fish with mayo

Snacks have been two mugs of blueberry tea with butter and I'll have an eggnog shake when I get home. That is 2-3 eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a splash of sf eggnog syrup.

I don't usually post on the weekends, so have a good one.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
Your menu looks good Vanilla, but how many carbs are in that eggnog syrup? Just curious because it sounds good!
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

It's the DaVinci SF Eggnog, so nothing.

Oh, and I'm having a cup of coffee right now with my stinkin' lousy 4 tsps. of cream.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
It's the DaVinci SF Eggnog, so nothing.

Oh, and I'm having a cup of coffee right now with my stinkin' lousy 4 tsps. of cream.
I have never tried the Davinci syrups. I feel ya on the amount of cream. I use full fat coconut milk instead since I am allergic to dairy. (same carbs) I also love it black with CO. Hang in there your palate will adjust.
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

LadyN, I happen to have an open can of coconut milk as I needed 2 T for a recipe I tried a week ago. Didn't know what else to do with it till now! I'm okay with the BPC being just butter and CO - once it's blended it's a lot like cream. And wait ... you've never tried the syrups?!?!

Okay, so I'm having to begin Week One again today. I had a weekend that called for eating out quite a bit, which was unexpected. I did the best I could, weeding through carrots in my salad, but having too much half-n-half in my coffee (I need twice as much as that stuff if HWC ain't around). My other choices, although low carb, turned out to be too much for induction. Otherwise, I would have been happy with everything.

So far today:

B: BPC, Eggnog Shake (eggs, vanilla, eggnog sf syrup, nutmeg)
L: Deli turkey, swiss cheese, mayo/mustard
S: Blueberry tea w/butter, Coffee w/cream, cheese stick

D: Not sure yet, maybe tuna fish w/mayo or seasoned ground beef with my salad
Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday's dinner ended up being tuna fish w/mayo, salad w/honey mustard (mayo, mustard, stevia), and a hb egg.

Ketostix registered "small" this morning. I haven't used them in a week or so, so I was glad to see it showing some fat's being used!

Here's what's been had today:

B: BPC, Eggnog Shake
L: Deli turkey, salami, swiss cheese, mayo
D: Never sure about dinner at this point in the day.
S: Blueberry tea w/butter (twice), coffee w/cream, cheesestick. Maybe another Eggnog Shake later.

Told y'all I was boring - I tend to eat the same things.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday and today will be pretty much the same. Booooring, I'm telling ya!

L: Deli turkey, salami, swiss cheese, mayo
D: Hamburger meat (flavored with some acceptable seasonings), cheese, lettuce w/honey mustard dressing (mayo, mustard, sweetener)
S: Chai tea w/butter, Blueberry tea w/butter, coffee w/cream, cheesestick
Old 11-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Why do I keep typing "cheesestick" as one word. It ain't. Anyway ...

I began weighing daily on Friday. Down 2.5 lbs. from the week before despite the weekend interruption of pure induction. Lost another .5 lb. both Saturday and Sunday, but was up .5 lb. today. So, that's 3 lbs. total since last week. I need to get rid of another 2.5 lbs. before it appears '72 is working for me. Yesterday made one week of induction. If I add anything, it will probably just be in the form of a cheesecake muffin. Love those things.

Still pretty much eating the same.

L: Deli turkey, Swiss cheese, few leaves lettuce, mayo
D: Not sure yet, probably hamburger patty with cheese, small salad
S: Blueberry tea w/butter, chocolate bark, cheese stick, maybe cheesecake muffin
Old 11-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen1229
Stats: 5'5 141/146/114 lbs -Atkins '72 version
WOE: ATKINS '72
Start Date: 10/19/2013
Disagree a little - my '72 version - got it used Last Month, does show NET CARBS after each recipe.

D-Zerta was a sub-brand of Jello - was curious about it and researched.
Splenda tastes pretty good, actually.
But I know, later the sweet of Splenda will be a thing of the past - and I will not long for desserts.
Karen1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Hang in the Vanilla. You're doing great. It'll work.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, not sure what you're disagreeing with - assuming the net/versus total carbs? I'll have to look in my book and see what the menus in my book say.

Poppies, I'm up again this morning. Very frustrating, which is making JUDDD, low carb style, scream at me louder.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Don't despair! Isn't it normal for weight to go up and down a little from day to day? At least mine does. I'm always looking fo the newest low, and to ignore the upticks.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, I know it's normal (JUDDD is a roller coaster ride!). But, I really feel like it simply isn't working for me. I could hang with it if I'd get to a new low, then bounce up a little. But this going back and forth between the same couple of pounds is ridiculous. I got frustrated with the same "stuck in the mud" routine with JUDDD, too. But I also know some of that was ME. I kept my eye on my DDs, but not my UDs - mainly to make sure I was eating enough, oddly. I've been tracking pretty good the last several weeks, although I did quit to eat strictly '72 this last week.

I had my best success with JUDDD, so I'm just about to plant my feet over there again. Today would have been an awesome DD, too, as my appetite has been pretty zilch.

Thanks, Poppies, and I really am glad to see you doing so great!!

Gah! I drive myself nuts.

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 11-19-2013 at 01:29 PM..
Old 11-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle
Stats: 195.4/190/130ish
Start Date: November 12, 2013
OK been away and bounced up. Back on track and lost 5 this past week.
So today I had for breakfast Tuna with mayo
Lunch steak
will do small salad and chicken for dinner keeping as low carb as possible. I need to be under 15 carbs to loose and cannot eat anything fake. or dairy I did steal a chocolate and did have wine and still lost.

Vanilla looks like it is working!
michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Michelle ... no, it wasn't working, sadly. I lost and just about ended up where I started. I've gone back to JUDDD. I'm still eating low carb, though, can't get away from that!

Looks like it's working for you!!