Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/149/?
WOE: lc
starting 72 today

with my sister and brother-in-law on board with me. Does anyone hold to the 4 tsp. of cream allowance? I would prefer a little more cream and less of the allowed cheese.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shamblyn
Stats: 212/146/140 - 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 09/07/2012
I personally do not measure my hwc. I drink coffee all day long with hwc. I do try and limit my cheese to an oz or two. I haven't noticed the cream causing any stalls. Everyone is different though. I wouldn't drink a a cup or two a day though. hehehehe
shamblyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: January 2010
I stick to the allowed cheese (4 oz of hard cheese per day?) and don't count the cream, although I only use 1 Tbs in a cup of coffee. Fats I don't worry about.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esam
Stats: 308/294/165
WOE: LC
I have stalls with hwc.... I have switched to bulletproof coffee and that gives me my indulgent coffee in the am and no carbs.

Congrats! on getting on board! I'm back onboard... again.
esam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
Good luck jeaniem!
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/149/?
WOE: lc
I tried the bp coffee today, not sure how I feel about it. I felt full for sure but in a sick stomach kind of way. I used mct oil, kerrygold butter and cream.

I had zero cheese today so didn't worry about the amount of cream I used in my coffee I use a light cream not hwc. I know hwc is fattier but I like the taste of my coffee better with the light cream. It is a step above half and half so not really low in fat.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Jeaniem - Did you say you put cream plus butter and mct oil in your coffee??
that would make it really rich....

maybe it's an acquired taste, I love a generous ammt of hwc in my coffee, but need to limit it. too easy to get off track! this is a nice compromise. But I don't skip breakfast.....
Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: Atkins DANDR
Start Date: April 10 2014
Hi Jeanie, so pleased to see you here.

Don't listen to above poster.

My interpretation of '72 is to avoid lc frankenfood/processed stuff/fillers at all cost and keep carb count as low as possible. I am a HWC addict -- as long as you're counting HWC carbs towards your daily total, should be fine.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Last edited by Olive; 09-14-2013 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Oops
Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I had the BFC this morning around 6 and it kept me full until about 10:30. I normally have a shake at 9:00 or so, but was able to put it off until I got hungry. Had lunch (chicken salad w/slivered almonds) at almost 1:30.

I used 1 T of (real) butter and 1 T coconut oil and some Stevia. I got me a frother and it was yummy!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Um. BPC, not BFC.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Hi Jeanie, so pleased to see you here.

Don't listen to above poster.

My interpretation of '72 is to avoid lc frankenfood/processed stuff/fillers at all cost and keep carb count as low as possible. I am a HWC addict -- as long as you're counting HWC carbs towards your daily total, should be fine.
??? Dont listen to above poster? about what??
Old 09-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esam View Post
??? Dont listen to above poster? about what??
Hi, sorry that came off as really rude -- was writing in a hurry. Should've elaborated that I've seen a lot of LCF'ers discuss putting both HWC and MCT oil in their BP coffee to great results, and that Jeanie shouldn't worry about it based on what I hear.

Apologies!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I've been making my BPC just using real butter and coconut oil, mainly so I can have cream later on in the day (saving a few calories). I decided to add some to my BPC this morning and I as I knew it would be, it was gooooood.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

no worries,
just wanted to make sure I didn't say something "off"

Hoping to make some friends and didn't want to start off being a brat ( I tend to save that for when people really know me) haha
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esam View Post
no worries,
just wanted to make sure I didn't say something "off"

Hoping to make some friends and didn't want to start off being a brat ( I tend to save that for when people really know me) haha
Old 09-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle
Stats: 195.4/190/130ish
Start Date: November 12, 2013
Hey all....glad I found this board again. Back after a long time and glad to see people on this diet. Can I jump in? I need you!
michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Michelle! Yes, c'mon on in. This forum isn't as active as it once was. I got my book last week, and although I've been lc'ing since July, this is my first day of "by the book".

We need you, too!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 191 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Hello, everyone!! Hows it going this first week of October?? I am a long time atkins girl, but due to too many reasons to mention, this year has been very hard and I've gained back 15 of the 60 I lost. So I have been On plan since sept 30 and finally feel like I am going to be able to be strong for the duration. Down 5 lbs in 5 days. Water or not I'll take it.
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Hello?? Anyone???
Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sweeteater
WOE: Lower Carb
I'm not on '72 but I'll respond to your question. I started wheat free, grain free, sugar free, and soda free on Sept 2 and I've lost 7.6 lbs. Hope to keep it up through October and lose another 7.
Sweeteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
finally feel like I am going to be able to be strong for the duration. Down 5 lbs in 5 days. Water or not I'll take it.
That's great, good luck Lizzie! Can you share some of that confidence? Getting rid of 5 pounds feels good, and the next 7 will feel even better.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lizzie, just posted to you in the other thread. I don't usually come here on the weekends, and this board is slow.

Congrats on losing 60 lbs.! That's great! Did you lose it on Atkins '72 or the updated versions?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LibbyC
Stats: 270/198/175
WOE: Atloms72
Start Date: January 2013
Hi everyone. I'm a die hard Atkins fan. I have a friend who lost almost 180 lbs several years ago and has kept it off. As for me, I knew it worked because of her sucess, but I wasn't there mentally. Then, on January 7 of this year, my oldest daughter got engaged. For one reason or another, that was the mental kick I needed. The day she got engaged, I stood on the scales and read 270 lbs. I forced myself to look in the mirror, and SEE 270 lbs. That was my last carb day (except for the occasional slip-up), and I've lost 72 lbs since January 7 of this year. I still want to lose another 30-35 lbs, and I'm finding it harder now to lose than when I was closer to 300 lbs than I ever wanted to admit. I stumbled across this forum accidentally. You all seem so supportive, and encouraging. ) I just had to join.
LibbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

LibbyC, WOW! that is awesome! Your determination is inspiring!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeteater View Post
I'm not on '72 but I'll respond to your question. I started wheat free, grain free, sugar free, and soda free on Sept 2 and I've lost 7.6 lbs. Hope to keep it up through October and lose another 7.
That's an awesome loss!! You can do it. It really helps to keep checking in here to keep yourself accountable. Nothing like seeing it in writing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Poppies View Post
That's great, good luck Lizzie! Can you share some of that confidence? Getting rid of 5 pounds feels good, and the next 7 will feel even better.
I think the confidence grows with each pound I lose.. yours will too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Hi Lizzie, just posted to you in the other thread. I don't usually come here on the weekends, and this board is slow.

Congrats on losing 60 lbs.! That's great! Did you lose it on Atkins '72 or the updated versions?
I stick with Atkins 72. Seems the newer Atkins is just to lenient for me... good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyC View Post
Hi everyone. I'm a die hard Atkins fan. I have a friend who lost almost 180 lbs several years ago and has kept it off. As for me, I knew it worked because of her sucess, but I wasn't there mentally. Then, on January 7 of this year, my oldest daughter got engaged. For one reason or another, that was the mental kick I needed. The day she got engaged, I stood on the scales and read 270 lbs. I forced myself to look in the mirror, and SEE 270 lbs. That was my last carb day (except for the occasional slip-up), and I've lost 72 lbs since January 7 of this year. I still want to lose another 30-35 lbs, and I'm finding it harder now to lose than when I was closer to 300 lbs than I ever wanted to admit. I stumbled across this forum accidentally. You all seem so supportive, and encouraging. ) I just had to join.
Glad you are here!! Keep posting and you'll get the best ideas and encouragement!!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Thank you easwann and 10Poppies.

It really is hard to find the right kind of encouragement from people who don't eat low carb. Even though family members see my progress, they are constnatly bombarding me with "when are you going to start eating normal again", "low carb dieting is a fad diet that went 'out' 20 years ago", "you've lost it too fast, it'll just come right back on when you starting eating again".

I didn't know I wasn't eating 'normal'. I eat 'normal' food, I guess. I'm not sure what "abnormal" food is. If low carb dieting is an outdated "fad diet", why is it still the only one that works? This is a way of life, it's not a "diet". I can't tollerate high carb foods anymore.

What I really hate is the exercising. *blah* But, if I don't do it, I don't have a loss. And, quite frankly, I happen to love being under 200 lbs for the first time in 23 years.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Lizzie can you post some sample menu's . Do you allow cream?
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Libby, so glad you've joined us!! Your loss is amazing!! Our way of eating is "weird" because of how we have to do things. Burgers without buns, sandwiches without bread - that's "normal". "Normal" is cereal, bread, fruit, granola bars, poptarts, donuts, etc. We eat real food and why they can't see that is beyond me, too. And I haven't been a die-hard low carber that long. But all the processed stuff is all so many people have known and the meaning of real food escapes them. Put an egg beside a bowl of cereal and ask "which one is real"?

If they think low carb went out 20 years ago, all you have to do is point them to this site! Hang in there - you are proof that eating :sarcasm: "fake" food works to lose weight.

I'd love to see your typical menus as well as Lizzie's.

So glad to see you and Lizzie here - we need more action on this forum.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Vanilla. My typical day consists of:

B: 3 eggs (scrambled or fried in butter), 4-5 slices of bacon, coffee with hwc
S1: a cup of chicken broth
L: Tuna with mustard and pickles, some form of sliced hard cheese (I keep this to a minimum), a small salad with low carb count dressing (usually Ranch), water and/or unsweetened iced tea
S2: sugar free jell-o (sometimes with splenda sweetened whipped cream)
D: salmon with dill seasoned mayo, 4-6 spears of asparagus (grilled with olive oil and a touch of sea salt, and it's to die for), and/or a small salad with low carb count dressing (usually Ranch), water and/or unsweetened iced tea

I also love love love my grill...anything on the grill tastes better. Chicken, pork chops, steaks, asparagus, etc. If I could light up my grill all year long, I would be one happy carnivore.

I do try to stay away from too much cheese, and I limit red meats. I've found I do better with poultry and fish. I also have a bottle of water with me at.all.times. I also take a multivitamin every day.

I lost 30 lbs in the first 30 days of eating this (or some variation of it). After that, I slowed it down to about 2-3 lbs/week, +/- my stalls.