Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle
Stats: 195.4/190/130ish
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: November 12, 2013
Hey there,

I have been peeking in been busy you are all so inspiring! Only down 3 pounds I think it's hormones. Been exercising like crazy and clothes are loose so that's a plus.

I thought I had the old book, but forgot I let someone borrow it. It is gone. I think the stickies will be good enough but What are BPC and HWC?

Hoping to be down at least 20 more pounds by the end of the month LibbyC you inspire me!
michelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyC View Post
I lost 30 lbs in the first 30 days of eating this (or some variation of it). After that, I slowed it down to about 2-3 lbs/week, +/- my stalls.
Now, anyone looking at your typical day should not be able to say you're not eating real food!!! 30 lbs. in 30 days??? I would kill for that! I've been low carbing (keeping carbs below 40) since July, then further cut the carbs (and wheat, and sugar) a couple months ago and now Atkins '72 for almost two weeks and all I've lost is 5 lbs. Not even that as I was up a lb. today. Losing 1-2 lbs. a week would thrill me beyond belief.

I want what you're having!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
Hey there,

I have been peeking in been busy you are all so inspiring! Only down 3 pounds I think it's hormones. Been exercising like crazy and clothes are loose so that's a plus.

I thought I had the old book, but forgot I let someone borrow it. It is gone. I think the stickies will be good enough but What are BPC and HWC?

Hoping to be down at least 20 more pounds by the end of the month LibbyC you inspire me!
Hi Michelle.

BPC = Bullet Proof Coffee
HWC = Heavy Whipping Cream

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LibbyC
Stats: 270/198/175
WOE: Atloms72
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Michelle.

I'm glad my "success" is inspirational, however, I will say I lost that weight because I had it to lose. I would even go so far as to say 98% of that was water. I have had to fight for every single pound since that initial 30. Excersise is so important, I've found even if I just walk a couple times around the block, I will have a more significan loss that week, than if I only eat LC.

If I carb out and go over 20, I will have a stall or gain. It's a tough struggle. Twenty carbs is my max, I've found. Twenty-four is my "maintaining level", and anything over that, I put it back on by the pound. My health history has a lot to do with that, but that's for another thread.

I will also say that by losing 2-3 lbs per week, I feel more energy than I did losing a pound a day. I felt very drained during that period. In other words, try not to push what your body won't allow. LC eathing, IMO, is the best, easiest, and most fulfilling way to lose.

Vanilla...maybe you're eating 'hidden' carbs and not even realize it. When I hit my first stall, I could not for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. Then I realized, the water flavoring I used regularly (about 16 packets a day) was adding a carb per packet. Even though the Carb count says "0", manufacturers aren't legally required to count carbs if they contain less than 1. As soon as I stopped adding those flavor packs to my water, I got right back in the losing mode. Also, too much cheese can also be your culprit. Try cutting cheeses out for a little bit and see what that does.

The reason being, if you were a big starch eater, like I was, you probably have a great deal of yeast. Cheese can actually activate yeast, making weight loss more difficult. Not only that, but the side effects of too much cheese can be very uncomfortable. :/ Even though, I try very hard to avoid starchy foods (although I spooned that pie to death last weekend), I still limit cheese to a few slices per week.
LibbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

I too have to keep the carbs at about 15-20 in order to lose. I am not sure with all the exercise I am doing I am sure I can do more. I try to keep it all natural. Black coffee, no sweeteners (they stall me), basically meat, chicken, fish, allowed veggies. I might sneak in a crystal light and hint my water (gallon a day min.) Weekends white wine or vodka with soda water (one or two)
so the next two weeks I should see a drop but I have to watch EVERYTHING I put in my mouth nothing fake or alcohol

Vanilla thanks for the help bullet proof coffee is that strong coffee?

Last edited by michelle; 10-10-2013 at 06:16 PM..
Old 10-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the tips, Libby. I try to watch for hidden carbs, knowing the .049 or less rule. I've cut way down on sweetener packets (might have 1-2 a week now) and use liquid Stevia, EZ-Sweetz, or DaVinci/Torani SF syrups. I use Crystal light (squirt kind) in only one of my water bottles per day. I'm not even having the allowed amount of cheese per day. I've cut out most dairy, all wheat, and sugar. Nothing seems to make a difference. I honestly think my body is just plain stubborn.

I've lost weight on JUDDD when I was anything BUT low carb, so I'm beginning to think it's not even a carb issue - just a stubborn body. I'm in ketosis every day. I drink water. I keep half an eye on my calories. The one thing I haven't seemed to be able to get back on track with is exercise, although that has never, ever helped me lose weight, but I do like doing it. With all I've cut out, I can't believe I'm not seeing a bit more success. Thanks for the tips, I do appreciate them and hope I don't sound otherwise!

Michelle, BPC is however you want to make it. I just use regular coffee and add butter and coconut oil to it. You do need a blender or frother to get it mixed it up well, or the oil will sit on top.

If I want to make it a real breakfast I add to it. For instance, this morning while my coffee was brewing, I whipped up a couple of eggs, 1 T pure pumpkin, vanilla, and SF syrup (pumpkin spice, eggnog - pump of each). Added this to my coffee (takes a big mug!) and used a frother to blend it all up. This keeps me good until late morning. I had it at about 6:15 this morning, it's just a little after 10:00 and I'm just now getting some hunger rumbles. Sometimes it hold me a little longer.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Just made my brussel sprouts
Cut in half and sauté in olive oil and butter with garlic (can add onions) remove and cook diced pancetta add the brussels back in and sprinkle with freshly grated parm salt and pepper to taste
Fiber fat protein and yummy!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

UH OH did the brussel sprouts scare ya'll away? LOL
Old 10-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
Start Date: 3/25/13
Quote:
Cut in half and sauté in olive oil and butter with garlic (can add onions) remove and cook diced pancetta add the brussels back in and sprinkle with freshly grated parm salt and pepper to taste
I loooove brussel sprouts sautéed in olive oil and butter with garlic. It's one of my favorite things, oddly enough, for breakfast. I'm a weirdo who loves vegetables for breakfast. Some nice bacon or ham, or dippy eggs on the side...mmmmm. It feels you up for the whole morning.
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esam
Stats: 308/294/165
WOE: LC
Hey guys!!! I'm an incredibly slow looser it seems as well. Frustrated. Looking for support,

I lost about 40# last year, but it was more strict than atkins, and I'm not convinced I want to go that loop again. It helps me to see that you guys aren't just blinking and the weight just falls off. I'm a bit over the people who have it so easy.

This is the best way I've found to diet and not be ready to knock off a bakery for the damned icing.
I want a lifelong commitment. I want this to work.

E

(oh, and brussel sprouts ROCK!!)
esam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esam View Post
I lost about 40# last year, but it was more strict than atkins, and I'm not convinced I want to go that loop again. It helps me to see that you guys aren't just blinking and the weight just falls off. I'm a bit over the people who have it so easy.

(oh, and brussel sprouts ROCK!!)
I admit, I'm deeply envious of the people who have it easy!!! I've been low carbing since July, and have been doing 20 carbs and under for several weeks now. Have barely lost a thing. Those in my siggy, as of Saturday, was barely existent. I wish I was one of the blinkers/weight gone by by people! Good luck on your journey!

Michelle, I love Brussels sprouts! Roasted with broccoli, cauliflower, olive oil and seasonings.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
E!!! Hang in there honey, slow is way better than nothing and sooo much better than gaining!!! Are you experiencing any other good side effects of this WOE?? I know that just the fact that I am in control of the food , instead of the other way around is a huge plus for me. Do your clothes feel better? If you suffered from indigestion, has that gotten better? ( that was a big one for me too.) Keep posting and reading, I am a slow loser too, but I wouldn't gain back my 60 lbs if you paid me!!! BTW, come join us at Flying Past Our Bewitching Weight 2013 we are a lovely bunch of supportive ladies!