Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Ugh, hope your son is feeling better and hope you get well soon, too. You'll get back on track.

I did JUDDD back when it first came out (2007 I think!) and had the best success with it until we went on vacation. Never could get back with it. It was beginning to work last year (in combination with low carb) and then I had surgery. Gained 15 lbs. and it won't leave no matter what!

I love the effects of low carbing (no appetite, lots of satiety), but losing weight seems to be elusive for me. But, I handle JUDDD very well and maybe it'll kick in again if I stick with continuing '72.

Feel better!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Ugh, hope your son is feeling better and hope you get well soon, too. You'll get back on track.

I did JUDDD back when it first came out (2007 I think!) and had the best success with it until we went on vacation. Never could get back with it. It was beginning to work last year (in combination with low carb) and then I had surgery. Gained 15 lbs. and it won't leave no matter what!

I love the effects of low carbing (no appetite, lots of satiety), but losing weight seems to be elusive for me. But, I handle JUDDD very well and maybe it'll kick in again if I stick with continuing '72.

Feel better!
Thanks! Let us know all about it...
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
sorry to hear about the ear infection -they sure can be painful! Poor little guy! I hope you and your baby feel better soon. Don't worry about going off plan, you'll get back in stride in no time.

Vanilla, I love to know how you do with JUDD, if you do it.
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Oh, I wish my scale would have seen your post. I was up a pound. Story of my life. Nothing ever, ever seems to work for me. I want to do the Leptin reset but the schedule doesn't work well for my life. Cutting out any snacks (which is usually just a cheese stick, or pumpkin seeds, or some deli meat) is what I may do at the very least.

I'm toying with doing 5:2 or JUDDD during the week. I've been basically ketogenic since the end of July. My body is one stubborn machine.
I'm right there with you. It's very frustrating! But whatever the weight, at least we're healthier and more in control. Do you feel more energetic? It's getting harder and harder to imagine binging on junk food now. Nowadays, a binge consists of a peach or nibbling off some of the bun while eating a burger!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Poppies View Post
I'm right there with you. It's very frustrating! But whatever the weight, at least we're healthier and more in control. Do you feel more energetic? It's getting harder and harder to imagine binging on junk food now. Nowadays, a binge consists of a peach or nibbling off some of the bun while eating a burger!
That's the only thing I have going now, is knowing that I gotta be healthier on the inside! My sticks are still in the moderate range even with drinking more water, so I'm burning fat, but I've not seen any difference anywhere visible.

I don't feel necessarily more energetic. Although I've always felt better lowcarbing, I haven't noticed all the things that most people do when they quit the carbs (other than not feeling bloated). If I hadn't read and listened to all the things I have lately about the benefits of lowcarbing, I would have probably chucked it and thought what the heck, I'm gonna eat crap again! Because I have before. I'm going to read the book, keep an eye on my calories, and see if maybe my body will give it up. I'm still tempted to do JUDDD or Fast-5 along with it, but for now, I'm just trying to keep my carbs at 20 or below.

Yeah my latest binge was about 2 weeks ago - the corner piece of a cornbread about the size of half my pinkie.

Sheesh, I should start my own thread instead of crashing yours and Olive's.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Vanilla, something must be blocking you somewhere. Are you still doing shakes? Maybe that's something to try avoiding for awhile. Is there anything else in your daily menu that might be a frankenfood?

Phoebe, how are you doing? Feeling any better?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Vanilla, something must be blocking you somewhere. Are you still doing shakes? Maybe that's something to try avoiding for awhile. Is there anything else in your daily menu that might be a frankenfood?

Hey, I'm finally better. I was off LC for a whole week though while sick -- don't know how, but I managed not to gain. stayed the hell away from gluten and didn't have IBS -- I definitely know for sure now I'm allergic to the stuff. Like corn and rice much better than wheat anyway.

But now I'm back, my larder full of LC foods, more committed than ever
Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Today's log:

B- cup of tea w/ 1 Splenda, 1 T HWC. 6 macadamia nuts.
L- 2 bratwursts with 1 c slaw (shredded cabbage/diced tomato, 1 T lime juice, 2 T vinegar, dash of hot sauce)
D- 1 hot Italian sausage link, 1/2 diced tomato, 1/2 c cooked mushrooms, 1 oz Jack cheese, 1 T parmesan, 1 T olive oil
S- 25 warm almonds w/ butter, cinnamon and 1/2 Splenda

Just about 20 net carbs. Loved everything I ate today.

Felt crappy mid-afternoon (nauseous, keto flu-like), the almonds helped.

Drinking 8 glasses of water, 1 multivitamin. 4 aspirin today to help with the headaches.

Phoebe

One of the very few things we have complete control over is what we put in our mouths. Unless someone hogs us down, pries open our jaws and force feeds us, we have total and complete control of our eating.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
stayed the hell away from gluten and didn't have IBS -- I definitely know for sure now I'm allergic to the stuff.
really good knowledge to have! how many people never figure out what's causing this and just go on suffering.

Sounds like you had a rough week. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon! And hey, No Gain/No Gain. You are ready to take off running.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Keto flu, carb withdrawal, I HATE YOU. feel so weak
Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

No frankenfoods. Yes, still doing shakes, but those are with real food, too, with eggs. Haven't even used protein powder in awhile. No Atkins shakes, bars, or anything like that. I posted over in Poppies thread about my typical weekday foods.

Poor Olive. Keto flu, begone!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Phoebe, feel better soon!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's log:

B- 1 c black tea w/ 1 T HWC & 1 Splenda, 25 buttered almonds
L- 1 hot Italian sausage link, 1/2 diced tomato, 1/2 c cooked mushrooms, 2 oz Jack cheese, 1 T parmesan, 1 T olive oil
D- Buffalo wings (smothered in Jim Beam wing sauce, very LC) and 1 c shredded cabbage w/ diced tomato (lime juice & vinegar)
S- 1 c black tea w/ 1 T HWC & 1 Splenda, 6 Macadamia nuts

About 20 net again. The nuts have really helped with the keto flu.

Feeling a little better today but know that the worst is on days 3-5, for me
Old 09-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's log:

B- 1 c tea w/ 1 T cream, 1 Splenda
L- leftover buffalo wings, 1 c shredded cabbage, 1 T lime juice, 1 T vinegar
D- 1 Italian sausage link, 1/2 diced tomato, 1/2 c sautéed mushrooms, 15 black olives, 2 oz Jack cheese, 1 T parmesan, 1 T olive oil
S- 1 c tea w/ 1 T cream, 1 Splenda, 1 stick SF gum

Again, ~20 net carbs
Old 09-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Today:
B- Coffee w/ cream and Splenda
L- 6 oz grilled chicken (skin on), 1/2 tomato dressed w/ olive oil & vinegar, 1 c lettuce w/ ranch dressing, 1 diet 7-Up, 1 T cilantro mayo
D- Sirloin w/ bacon and 1/2 c mushrooms, green salad (1/2 c cucumber, 1/4 tomato, 10 black olives
S- Dill pickle

The bad news? Took a sip by mistake of my son's regular iced tea at lunch.

The good? Feeling the appetite suppressing benefits of ketosis again. Sat in a Mrs. Fields drinking bottled water when I wanted to catch my breath and wasn't remotely tempted-- not that I'm a sweets person, but wasn't feeling deprived.

I hit the salon yesterday, been trying to distract myself from brooding on food by doing fun girlie stuff, like playing Candy Crush, applying self-tanner, picking out nail polish and so on. It's working.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The bad news? Took a sip by mistake of my son's regular iced tea at lunch.

The good? Feeling the appetite suppressing benefits of ketosis again. Sat in a Mrs. Fields drinking bottled water when I wanted to catch my breath and wasn't remotely tempted-- not that I'm a sweets person, but wasn't feeling deprived.

I hit the salon yesterday, been trying to distract myself from brooding on food by doing fun girlie stuff, like playing Candy Crush, applying self-tanner, picking out nail polish and so on. It's working.
Surely one little sip won't hurt. Wow, you are doing so great!! Keep it up. The salon and other girly things are perfect alternatives to food. Keep going, good job!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Hi, just checking in on you. Hope you are feeling better
Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Today's log:
B- 1 c vanilla tea w/ 1 Splenda, 6 macadamia nuts
L- 6 oz pot roast, 1/4 c summer squash, 1/2 avocado
D- 1/2 tomato, 1.5 oz Jack cheese, 15 olives, 2 hot Italian sausage links, 1 T parmesan, 1 T olive oil, 1 garlic clove
S- diet Coke, 1 stick SF gum

About 19 net carbs.

Impending TOM

NSV: husband said "you really are skinnier".
Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
NSV: husband said "you really are skinnier".
Awesome!! Way to go!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

I live for skinny!!! Yay!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Haha! Husband acknowledgment is like 3x more gratifying than anything the scale says IMO.

Today:
B- 10 macadamia nuts, 1 c tea w/ 1 Splenda
L- Chicken soup (clear tomato broth), 1/3 avocado, 2 oz Jack cheese, 2 T sour cream
D- Roasted chicken, 1 c shredded cabbage and tomato slaw (dressed with lime juice, vinegar and hot sauce)
S- stick of SF gum, 1 Diet Coke

About 17-18 net carbs.

So hard to stay away from SF gum/Diet Coke at work.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Haha! Husband acknowledgment is like 3x more gratifying than anything the scale says IMO.
That's so sweet! Glad he is validating and supporting you!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Absolutely!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LC_Bunny
Stats: 411/180/160
WOE: Atkins '72
I enjoyed reading all your posts!! Im in the same boat you are. Doing induction 72ish. Trying not to weigh myself for a couple weeks lol. I have about 20 pounds to go... its hard!!

Congrats on losing 15 pounds in a month, thats amazing!! Keep posting!!
Hugs
LC_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LC_Bunny
Stats: 411/180/160
WOE: Atkins '72
~Vanilla.... what are the ingredients for the shakes you make? I would like to make a shake myself rather then using the Atkins ones, but can't find any good recipes. Thanks!!
LC_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

What a horrifyingly long time I've been off-plan...11 days. What I thought would be a couple of days of cheating just got way out of hand.

And I've felt a-w-f-u-l. All the side effects of carb addiction, but with heightened awareness of them: bloated and cranky throughout whole day, feeling heavy all the time, upset stomach, feeling shaky and weak with glycemic levels going haywire, and just bad and unhealthy.

I'm not going to rant at myself for falling off the wagon. However, I really hope this is the last time a cheat day snowballs because I don't want to feel this crappy ever again.

It's amazing how LC grounds me, simplifies eating and gets my body in equilibrium. I feel at home again -- know that I'm in for a particularly nasty Induction, but my psyche is so relieved to be back on plan.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Today's log:

B- coffee with HWC, bacon, cheese omelet w/ tomato, bell pepper and garlic
L- diced warm tomato w/ homemade pesto, mushrooms, melted Jack cheese, parmesan and olive oil
D- roasted chicken, 1/2 avocado, citric cabbage slaw, jalapeño
S- handful sunflower seeds, handful pistachio nuts

Just under 20 net. Not fussed about lower carb counts right now, just want to get into ketosis without killing someone.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
What a horrifyingly long time I've been off-plan...11 days. What I thought would be a couple of days of cheating just got way out of hand.

And I've felt a-w-f-u-l. All the side effects of carb addiction, but with heightened awareness of them: bloated and cranky throughout whole day, feeling heavy all the time, upset stomach, feeling shaky and weak with glycemic levels going haywire, and just bad and unhealthy.

I'm not going to rant at myself for falling off the wagon. However, I really hope this is the last time a cheat day snowballs because I don't want to feel this crappy ever again.

It's amazing how LC grounds me, simplifies eating and gets my body in equilibrium. I feel at home again -- know that I'm in for a particularly nasty Induction, but my psyche is so relieved to be back on plan.
You are not alone, I am right there with you! I've spent about 10 - 11 days (? lost count) off plan too. Feeling completely terrible, grumpy, miserable, addicted, fatigued and my poor digestive system is all over the place. I do not want to feel like this ever, ever again. It's just not worth it. It's not even worth the brief psychological comfort I used to think the junk food brings, it's so fleeting.

Glad you're back on track. Time to refresh and reaffirm.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitness_Kitty View Post
~Vanilla.... what are the ingredients for the shakes you make? I would like to make a shake myself rather then using the Atkins ones, but can't find any good recipes. Thanks!!
Hi!

I think I've posted one in my thread here if you want to go there. It's in this same forum.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's log:

B- Omelet with Jack cheese, diced tomato, mushrooms, jalapeno. Earl Grey tea with HWC and Splenda.
L- Spinach-artichoke dip (was soooo good didn't even need anything to dip it in), with chicken-beef fajitas and small green salad.
D- Dark and light chicken pieces with melted Jack cheese, jalapeno, diced tomato,
avocado and sour cream
S- Handful walnut halves

Feeling happy and healthier already...