Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Thanks Poppies!!

TOM, just to be clear: I hate you. I have no real idea of what my body looks like until TOM is over. Around the ribs, feel really small, but then this awful poochiness around the middle. I'm going to have a ton of green tea tomorrow,hopefully I de-bloat.

B- 1 coffee, 1 T HWC & 1 Splenda
L- beef stroganoff (1/4 c HWC, 1/2 c sautéed mushrooms, 1/2 garlic clove, 1 T parmesan) with about 8 asparragus spears
D- homemade buffalo wings (sauce just butter, hot sauce and vinegar), small green salad (1 c Romaine, 1/2 c cucumber, 11 black olives with 1 T SF French viinaigrette + 1 drop sucralose + 1 T vinegar
S- 1/4 c HWC, 1 T cream cheese, 3/4 T SF Jell-O Creamcheese pudding mix

18 net carbs today. At least I got under 20.

Phoebe

One of the very few things we have complete control over is what we put in our mouths. Unless someone hogs us down, pries open our jaws and force feeds us, we have total and complete control of our eating.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
Stand proud, you stuck to plan right through TOM. congrats!
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's log:

B- 1 green tea w/ 1 Splenda, 10 cashew nuts, 15 almonds
L- 4 oz beef w/ 2 T HWC, 1/2 garlic clove, 1 T parmesan, 1/2 c sautéed mushrooms, 6 asparragus spears
D- 1/4 c roast chicken, 1 c cabbage/tomato slaw w/ 2 T lime juice, 3 T vinegar, 1 T hot sauce
S- cheese and pepperoni picked off pizza at work :-)
S- 1 green tea w/ 1 Splenda, 1 serving lime SF Jell-O

About 20-21 net carbs.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Today's log:

B- 1 black coffee w/ 2 Splendas, 1/2 cranberry almond Daybreak bar, 1/2 mozzarella stick
L- 1 c Romaine, 1/2 c cucumber, 1/4 tomato, 11 black olives, 4 oz chicken, 2 T ranch dressing
D- 1 chorizo, 4 oz ribeye, 1/2 c pickled onions, 1/2 c broccoli/cauliflower, 1/2 c sautéed mushrooms, 1 vodka club soda w/ lime juice

19-20 net carbs. Husband and I went to Argentinean steak place for dinner.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Look at you go! Awesome progress!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Still haven't weighed but feel so small, in my legs, my arms. Jackets feel looser in the arms and my thighs feel harder, bonier.

B- 30 almonds, 1 black tea w/ 1 Splenda
L- 1 c sopa azteca, 1/3 avocado, 1 oz Jack cheese, 2 T sour cream
D- homemade buffalo wings, 1 c Romaine, 1/2 c cucumber, 11 black olives, 1 T SF vinaigrette
S- 1 piece of SF gum, SF pudding (1/4 c HWC, 1/2 T SF Jell-O Cheesecake pudding, a few drops of vanilla extract)

Like 19-20 net carbs. I don't know how many carbs were in the soup (not homemade), but it didn't taste like there was anything but vegetables and chicken broth in it.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Ugh. I am stalled at 178 lbs. since August 28th. Glad I finally had the balls to weigh myself, though, as much as this sucks. It's weird, because I really do feel smaller.

I think there could be a few culprits, like the fact that I've been eating stuff with aspartame (SF Jell-O, SF gum, sodas), and that I'm eating too many carbs in general. Have to go back to 15 net max, carefully measuring and even calorie-counting. I hope I won't have to do IF to break the stall, but maybe wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

You're eating very little, maybe you could alternate a higher calorie day to give your metabolism a blast. I've also heard some people mention that too many nuts can stall them, in addition to the fake foods like puddings, sodas, gum etc. Maybe experiment a little bit with those things
Old 09-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Poppies View Post
You're eating very little, maybe you could alternate a higher calorie day to give your metabolism a blast. I've also heard some people mention that too many nuts can stall them, in addition to the fake foods like puddings, sodas, gum etc. Maybe experiment a little bit with those things
Poppies, thanks for reminding me about the nuts!! and the pudding mix, sodas, gum, Jell-O are dead to me from now on, unless I can find sucralose-sweetened (will be tough where I live).

Do you really think I'm eating too little? My meals always seem huge to me!

I am seriously considering doing some form of IF too.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Today's log:

B- nothing
L- Wendy's double Baconator w/ no bun or sauces (2 1/4 lb patties, 2 slices American cheese and 2 strips bacon), 1T Marzetti's buttermilk ranch dressing
D- 4-6 oz chicken breast in mushroom cream sauce (1/3 c HWC, 1 T cream cheese, 2 T butter, 1/2 c sautéed mushrooms, 2 T parmesan) w/ cauliflower rice (1 cup measured raw), 6 asparagus spears
S- black tea w/ 1 Splenda & 1 T HWC

About 13-14 net carbs.

Going to beach tomorrow for a couple nights, can't wait to eat a ton of shrimp and fish! Not worried about staying on plan.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Do you really think I'm eating too little? My meals always seem huge to me!
I honestly don't know, but a breakfast of nothing but nuts and tea seems awfully teeny tiny to me, and so does one little cup of soup for lunch.

However, I see you came back with a double baconator - nicely done!

Seriously, I think if you feel satisfied with what you are eating, then it's the right amount for you. Hope something shifts for you soon
Old 09-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am seriously considering doing some form of IF too.
I would really like to do some of that too, but I'm too scared, since I had a 2 week fall from the wagon last month after I tried JUDDD. But I still think it makes sense and would work if one planned it well and didn't stress oneself while doing it. If you decide to do it, please share your experiences, I'd love to know how you do with it.

Have fun at the beach!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Hi ladies,

Olive, I've been lurking on your thread for a couple of weeks now. I decided last week to go with Atkins '72 (ordered a hard cover book this weekend) as well. My mom lost all her weight on it and I hope it's in the genes for it to work for me.

I don't know how "perfectly" I'll do it as I do adore cream in my coffee. But, I did have some BP coffee this morning and I'll try to do those more and keep the cream to once or twice a day.

Poppies, it's nice to "meet" you as well as I know you've been following Olive.

My dieting history here has pretty much been low carb, not low carb, PP, JUDDD (which I loved but it quit working after I had a hysterectomy), semi-low carb, WW combined with lc, and now lc. I've been listening to podcasts and reading and am becoming more devoted to making this my WOE more than ever.

Anyway, I'm going to say hello in the main thread here above yours. Just wanted to pop in and say I think you're doing great!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

HI Vanilla, Yes, I've been following Olive too, because she's doing the plan so well, and getting good results. I think she's a good role model

I hope you'll come in and log your progress with us often, I really think it helps to write this stuff down and share it with someone.

I just had yet another cheat yesterday and now faced with a couple days of no loss and maybe even gain, which is aggravating But I just have to get back on the horse and keep trotting along.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Phoebe, congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing really well!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
HI Vanilla, Yes, I've been following Olive too, because she's doing the plan so well, and getting good results. I think she's a good role model

I hope you'll come in and log your progress with us often, I really think it helps to write this stuff down and share it with someone.

I just had yet another cheat yesterday and now faced with a couple days of no loss and maybe even gain, which is aggravating But I just have to get back on the horse and keep trotting along.
I posted in your thread as well, Poppies. I thought about starting a general thread for us to post menus or whatever. I'd start my own, but frankly, I want to see if this will finally get the scale to moving (or at least seeing changes in my body) before I put anything out there.

Yes, keep getting right back on that horse. I horses. We can never be accused of not trying no matter how many times we fall! Naturally, I have a thing tonight that will probably test me. Luckily, the lady having it is mainly low carb. But, I think since she recently switched to WW, I might need to eat something before I go, just in case.

I did a Ketone stick this morning and after just one day (well, three if you count that I did a trial run over the weekend) I was in the the mid-range (magenta). I weighed yesterday and today and was up half a pound, but I did have a lot of salt last night with dinner. I'll probably stick to weighing on Saturday mornings for the most part.

I won't always post my totals for the day, but I thought yesterday's was pretty good - 11 carbs for the day.

Carbs: 2.7%
Protein: 25.3%
Fat: 72.0%

Calories: 1668 (trying to stay around 1500, but am also trying not to worry too much about them right now.)

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 09-17-2013 at 07:53 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Well, they call me "'Nilla, the Thread Killa" for nothing. Not a single soul has posted since yesterday - all the last posts in all the threads are by me!

Last night's thing was a delicious carbfest, which I did not partake of. The three things I did have were the lowest carb options I could find and I decided to use a ketone stick this morning just to see. I can't ever remember the amount (I go in colors, like "magenta" when it was "moderate" ), but it was still showing the next one down. So, despite probably going over my limit, I was very glad I didn't cheat.

Alright .. now where the heck is everybody????
Old 09-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

lol! I'm still here, I just haven't had time to get online. so what did you end of partaking in? I'm pretty impressed, normally I just cave under those circumstances...but then that was the point of starting to the cheat free thread. To learn to not cave in! Time to start stopping doing that! lol

good job, vanilla keep going!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Anyway, I'm going to say hello in the main thread here above yours. Just wanted to pop in and say I think you're doing great!
Hey Vanilla!! You're too kind.

I was at a remote beach for 3 days sans technology, and sans willpower apparently as well Back in '72 jail again today (it's what we do 90% of the time that counts, right? Right??).

Please keep on posting!!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Phoebe, congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing really well!
Thank you! I think it's finally sunk in for me that LC in some form of the other will always be my lifestyle, not a temporary means to an end.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

My body on 3 days of limitless carbs: bloated belly, puffy eyes and fingers, abdominal issues, persistent hunger even when I know I've had enough calories and protein, headache, cranky, nearly-comatose in the morning

My body on LC (since late July, up until 3-day "vacation"): taut belly (even after eating), defined facial features, rings sliding up and down my finger like abacus beads, no IBS symptoms at all, eating usually non-pressing issue, headaches very rare after Induction, (mostly) balanced mood), eyes open at 6 am. And no guilt.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Today's log:

B- 1 coffee w/ 1 T HWC, 2 drops liquid sucralose
L- Plate with 1 oz Jack cheese, 4 small dill pickles, pepperoni and 2 hardboiled eggs
D- 6 oz pot roast, 1 cup buttered cauliflower
S- Sweet buttered walnuts (saw this recipe for almonds in the Main Lobby forum and couldn't resist) -- butter, 2 drops liquid sucralose

Isn't it funny how for Atkins people, "detoxing" means eating a bunch of meat, cheese and eggs?

Hope I feel back to myself tomorrow. Awful carb hangover today.

Poppies and Vanilla, how are you doing??
Old 09-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
lol! I'm still here, I just haven't had time to get online. so what did you end of partaking in? I'm pretty impressed, normally I just cave under those circumstances...but then that was the point of starting to the cheat free thread. To learn to not cave in! Time to start stopping doing that! lol

good job, vanilla keep going!
Thank you! I had some ham, salad, and a couple of strawberries. The ham had been cooked in pineapple so I made sure I got a couple of slices from the middle. The salad had apple chunks and sweetened pecans, but I made sure I didn't get a lot of those. The only dressing was a honey/dijon mustard vinagrette and was devine, but I know it was sweet, so I went light on it. Amazingly, it didn't kick me out of ketosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Hey Vanilla!! You're too kind.

I was at a remote beach for 3 days sans technology, and sans willpower apparently as well Back in '72 jail again today (it's what we do 90% of the time that counts, right? Right??).

Please keep on posting!!
Absolutely right! And yes, I'd forgotten you'd be at the beach. Glad you're back!

Quote:
Thank you! I think it's finally sunk in for me that LC in some form of the other will always be my lifestyle, not a temporary means to an end.
After reading more and more about low carb and listening to Jimmy Moore and Dana Carpenders podcasts, I know I'm going to want to hurl anytime someone tries to justify "good whole grains" over the typical grains. I listened to one of Jimmy's podcasts this morning with a Dr. Grundy (heart doctor). Although I didn't agree with his assessment that I came out of the water, he opened my eyes even more to the lc lifestyle.

I want to try that sweetened walnuts with pecans.

I'm doing good. Sticking with 20 or below carbs and have even double checked the app I'm using to make sure because with stuff I'm eating, I keep thinking I'm overdoing it! I might need to scale back the calories, though. I'm trying to keep things at 1500 but have gone over just a bit. But, my percentages are good, I think, as far as the carb/protein/fat breakdown.

Haven't really seen any changes yet, physically, and am waiting to weigh until Saturday.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My body on 3 days of limitless carbs: bloated belly, puffy eyes and fingers, abdominal issues, persistent hunger even when I know I've had enough calories and protein, headache, cranky, nearly-comatose in the morning

My body on LC (since late July, up until 3-day "vacation"): taut belly (even after eating), defined facial features, rings sliding up and down my finger like abacus beads, no IBS symptoms at all, eating usually non-pressing issue, headaches very rare after Induction, (mostly) balanced mood), eyes open at 6 am. And no guilt.

Great observations. Yes, it's frustrating to fall off the wagon and have to go through the "detox" again, but at the same time, it's interesting to observe and validate that you're on the right track with lc. Your body lets you know what's good for it by complaining when it doesn't get what it needs. And interesting how want does not equal need.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

great job resisting the party fare, Vanilla! I wish I had your will power!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, it was tough, though. I kept trying to replay some of the podcasts I've been listening to through my head and think of all that luscious food as poison!

I'm nervous about weighing tomorrow. If I gain, I'm going to freak. Because that means I'm going to have to watch the calories. Yesterday was the highest day I had (1986) but it was due to the fats I had, not from any extra carbs.

I don't typically post on the weekends, so I hope you both have a good one!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I kept trying to replay some of the podcasts I've been listening to through my head and think of all that luscious food as poison!
Interesting - I need to look up these podcasts. Good luck weighing in tomorrow Vanilla!!! You'll do great.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, I wish my scale would have seen your post. I was up a pound. Story of my life. Nothing ever, ever seems to work for me. I want to do the Leptin reset but the schedule doesn't work well for my life. Cutting out any snacks (which is usually just a cheese stick, or pumpkin seeds, or some deli meat) is what I may do at the very least.

I'm toying with doing 5:2 or JUDDD during the week. I've been basically ketogenic since the end of July. My body is one stubborn machine.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I'm toying with doing 5:2 or JUDDD during the week. I've been basically ketogenic since the end of July. My body is one stubborn machine.
Vanilla...it sounds like you'd be a great candidate for a JUDDD/IF experiment. As long as I can keep losing even marginally doing regular Atkins 72, I'll stay away from JUDDD/IF (because I get horribly cranky/mean from lack of food), but in your boat I definitely understand why you're thinking about going for it.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Ugh ugh ugh...you wouldn't believe the past four days I've had. My little boy was/is really sick with a nasty ear infection, and now I'm the sickie. Gone way off plan since Thursday (just didn't have the mental energy to think about my diet, rather grabbing whatever was near), but don't think I've gained, just feel really bloated.

Starting back up today...FOR GOOD, no matter what life throws at me.