Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
another good day:

B: sausage, bacon and eggs
L: tuna salad on green salad with mushrooms
S: sliced turnip, cheese
D: mushroom and cheese omelet.

no cheats, lots of yoga, very tired tonight.
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Poppies View Post
The scale was down 3 llbs this morning. thank goodness.

I do need to stop weighing every day, it's too stressful.
Yay!!!!! WTG
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

I made it through another day. No cheats, under 20 carbs total. Feel pretty good.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Shoot, shoot shoot! Went to a family reunion with a big spread of food, and caved! I ate pasta salad, cookies, and a little of the dirt pudding.

so much for my streak of good eating. Plllll!

I'm already looking forward to getting back on track. The only thing I can think of to try to counteract all the carbs is try to burn through them as quickly as possible with lots of exercise... I'll get busy with that just as soon as I sleep off this carb-induced drowsiness. Please wish me luck getting back on track as soon as possible.

Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.
Khalil Gibran
Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
So, we have Poppies thread and Olive's thread. Where should I post??? I toyed with Atkins '72 over the weekend before "officially" beginning today. But, I've been low-carbing in earnest since the end of July (haven't lost a darn thing, either, other than the 1.5 lbs. in my siggy and that was from combining WW w/lc).

Anyway, I want to post any menus in once place .. so is here the place?

Here's today so far:

B: BPC (1 T butter, 1 T coconut oil, Stevia)
S: Peanut butter Eggnog Shake (tastes better than it sounds!)
L: Chicken salad w/mayo, slivered almonds
S: Cheese, olives
D: Not sure yet. Maybe a salad with ground beef (kind of taco-ish).

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

HI Vanilla! Welcome and please join our posting!!!

I really want to know what goes into the peanut butter eggnog shake, that sounds very intriguing.

Today I stayed on track with under 20. Now, can I maintain it this time??
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

I made devilled eggs for family reunion and now am swimming in leftover eggs. devilled eggs, and egg salad made out of all the duds (the eggs that wouldn't peel nicely and got all messed up). I'll be eating eggs and egg salad for the next couple of days!

B: devilled eggs, a sausage and cheese breakfast sandwich, hold the bread
L: egg salad, avocado
S: cup of soup, broth only
D: big steak mmmmm.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
HI Vanilla! Welcome and please join our posting!!!

I really want to know what goes into the peanut butter eggnog shake, that sounds very intriguing.

Today I stayed on track with under 20. Now, can I maintain it this time??
That's excellent! My first day yesterday I only hit 11 carbs.

This is what my eggnog had in it:

1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 egg, raw
1/2 scoop Nectar Protein Zero Carb (French vanilla)
1 teaspoon natural peanut butter
Couple pumps DaVinci SF Eggnog
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Stevia

Added just a little ice and blended it all up.

Today I made just a quickie eggnog shake. I stumped my toe(s) on the Stevia, so when I got to work, I added it to a cup of unsweetened coffee.

This concoction was:

2 eggs, raw
1 T cream
Couple pumps of Davinci SF Gingerbread
Cinnamon
vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. Chia seeds
Stevia

Oh, also had another BPC early this morning (before work).

I'm lovin' all this fat. Now if it will just come off my body!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

OMG that sounds good!!..

yesterday was a clean day with no cheats, although I had too much cheese and half and half. today, i'm skipping the coffee, cream and cheese.

I felt something yesterday that I have not felt in a couple of years...my ribs!! I was able to feel part of my lower ribs in the front! I don't get it, because my weight is still hovering around the same place, and my clothes are not fitting differently. But there it is - a couple of ribs. wheeee!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG that sounds good!!..

yesterday was a clean day with no cheats, although I had too much cheese and half and half. today, i'm skipping the coffee, cream and cheese.

I felt something yesterday that I have not felt in a couple of years...my ribs!! I was able to feel part of my lower ribs in the front! I don't get it, because my weight is still hovering around the same place, and my clothes are not fitting differently. But there it is - a couple of ribs. wheeee!
That's an AWESOME feeling! You should lock up that scale for a few weeks IMO. You are def losing fat but your cells are holding on to water for whichever reason.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for the ribs!!!!

I keep examining my body for changes, but I see none yet. Hoping after I've got a week down, I'll start seeing some. I'm one for wanting to see the pounds go down, down, down, but if I see some body changes, I'll be okay with that. For a bit.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You should lock up that scale for a few weeks IMO.
I think you are right (and did I mention that I missed you?). My morning weigh-in is really just a habitual routine that isn't doing me any good. It's probably a good idea to shake off as many useless habits as possible right now, eating and otherwise. I'll stick it in the closet for a while.

I made it through another day so far. It's 3:30 pm and so far so good. Feeling good, confident about a clean rest of the day.

I think I will give myself a little challenge for the rest of today and tomorrow. Just a little one, nothing harsh. I challenge myself to avoid dairy for the next 24 hours. I want to make an exception for butter, because my understanding is that there is little actual dairy in butter, it's mostly fat. Has anyone else ever heard that?

This means giving up my half and half, and cheese. That shouldn't be too hard.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I just realized I was already supposed to be avoiding dairy today. yikes. I blew that one (cream cheese rollups, cheddar cheese on salad, cream in coffee). Geez, maybe my memory is slipping along with the rib fat.
oops

OK, commencing my challenge! This time I mean it!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Dinner tonight is a simplified recipe for Crack Slaw. Oh my goodness! That is so good! Whoever is reading this...try it just sayin'

it's just simple browned ground beef seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil, salt and pepper, then sautéed with shredded cabbage. Doesn't sound like much, but the flavors are scrumptious. And some people add garlic, onions, ginger, hot sauce, vinegar etc.

No problems sticking to plan tonight!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Have you tried the Rotel, Hamburger, Sausage thing? I call it Magic Meat.

I use a tube of hamburger (or turkey) meat, a tube of sausage, and a block of cream cheese. I actually leave out the Rotel because the sausage makes it spicy enough for me. It is delish and can be used various ways. You can add green beans to it, cabbage, add it to a salad, etc. Or just add some sour cream, avocado, and more cheese if you haven't hit your limit. Many ways to use it.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

I made it through the day without any diary, and managed to eat very, very well

B: sauteed brussell sprouts and mushrooms covered with 3 eggs over easy
L: chix salad with greens, sesame seeds oil/vinegar
S: rolled up turkey slices stuff w bacon, cilantro and avocado.
D: If I'm even hungry, will be steak, solo. no more veggies today. I can't even imagine wanting to eat anymore tonight tho.

Quote:
Have you tried the Rotel, Hamburger, Sausage thing? I call it Magic Meat.
no, i never heard of it. very curious....you're full of good ideas
Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

eeek, put down that soda can!

I think sometimes I shouldn't research or read, because I find things like this and they make me unhappy. Today the topic was artificial sweeteners in diet soda...one of my favorite vices. We all know we have to avoid regular soda, but it looks like diet is equally villainous. sigh.

3 Surprising Reasons to Give Up Soda | Rodale News - 3 Surprising Reasons to Give Up Soda. Regular soda causes fat buildup in unlikely places…like around our organs! It doesn’t sound good, and it isn’t.

facts about soda | 9 Disturbing Side Effects of Soda | Rodale News - 9 Disturbing Side Effects of Soda. In addition to a plethora of human health problems caused by soda, artificial sweeteners are slipping through water treatment plants and damaging the ecosphere. Who knew?

No, seriously: Diet sodas are terrible for you, too - TODAY.com - No Seriously, Diet Sodas Are Bad For You Too. Interfering with hormone production, confusing your body with sweet signals – can diet sodas really be this evil?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was a clean day.

B: zucchini hash browns, mixed with mushroom and chopped roast beef bits. topped with horseradish sauce.
S: cauliflower
D: Beef chunks picked out of beef stew. Green beans.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

super clean day today!

sausage and eggs for B.
bologna rolls for L.
Ground beef stewed with spinach, onions and butternut squash for dinner (I call this "turbo gravy train"). Maybe I'll try ricing some cauliflower to go with it. I topped it off with a diet mt dew, even though I just read all those terrifying articles about artificial sweeteners and sodas. Something tell me kicking that habit is not going to be easy...

I have been patching, texturing and painting a ceiling for 3 hours today. My feet hurt from standing on the ladder, and my shoulder hurts from scraping and rollering. I'm covered in joint compound and paint drippings and very hungry. It's 6:30 already and I still have a dog to walk, dinner to cook, yoga to do, and laundry to fold before I can sit down and rest.

Life is good.
If anyone is out there, I hope you are feeling good too.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the link for the Rotel/Hamburger/Sausage.

Poppie, love the "Turbo Gravy Train". Diet soda is something I don't have a problem with because none of them taste good to me. Maybe Diet Sprite or Diet Orange Crush with a little cream. Now that's good. But, I can't remember the last time I had a soda, diet or otherwise.

I so need to be back on the exercise wagon.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Poppies, you're doing great! And yes, artificial sweetener articles are just depressing.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

grrrrr. all day staff meeting. the only food was warm melty sandwiches, sweets, and a huge bin of little deep fried cheese balls. I tried to pick the meat out of my sandwich...but it was so smushed up, in the end i just ended up eating most of it. I also ate a whole bunch of the cheese balls, and tons of coffee with cream. my stomach is complaining about all the dairy tonight.

I'm just not good at resisting in those scenarios. at least I didn't eat any sweets. Still showing pink on ketostix tho.

Quote:
Maybe Diet Sprite or Diet Orange Crush with a little cream. Now that's good.
Vanilla, you just keep pumping out these yummy ideas! I absolutely love diet cream soda, and that would also be good with cream in it.

I committed to doing a round of Whole30, which is 30 days of Paleo, over in the Paleo group, starting Oct 1. It seems very easy to combine this with 72, since at this point, I only need to give up dairy, lunchmeat and artificial sweeteners, all of which I want to ditch anyway. But they are my last addictions, my only remaining vices, so I think this might be extremely challenging emotionally. I refuse to put myself in a stressful situation that could cause a rebound cheat however. If it starts feeling painful...I'm letting go of the paleo part until I feel better. 72 is the first priority.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

So, I'm guessing the staff doesn't get to request anything food-wise? I'd bring that up at the next staff meeting!! Can you take or have some things at work handy for when these meetings come up to munch on?

I love cream. I think I could have a little coffee with my cream or cream with my cream! I'll even put a little in my unsweetened almond milk when I feel the need for milk. Add a teeny bit of sweetener and it's good. Well, not like whole milk, which I love, but passable.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

These affairs are catered with so-called healthy options that rarely provide the opportunity to pick out the protein. "healthy" in their mind means whole grain breads, just skimpy little pieces of meat, fruity desserts, pasta etc. If only they would just put out a platter of steak or hamburger patties!

Good idea, I think I will bring my own food next time. why not? I always liked my own cooking best anyway LOL!

Today I did a tough weight-lifting class, and the instructor said that we should eat moderate protein together with some form of complex carbohydrate in order to aid muscle recuperation. So, I had just a little bit of a couscous dish made with pumpkin seeds and almonds (1/2 cup) together with a green salad and broiled chicken. I rationalized that this was ok since I just had a tough workout. Now in hindsight, some extra veggies would have been a better choice. Or just the pumpkin seeds. Apparently couscous is a wheat product, didn't know!

So there's two days in a row off plan. I am sooo looking forward to getting back to strict induction for awhile. Really not enjoying being away from it.

Buenas noches!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

It's mind-boggling what constitutes "healthy" these days. Yes, take your own stuff!! Yay!

I'd encourage you to do some searching on needing carbs for a workout. My DH, who does do a little weightlifting and was a staunch believer in needing carbs to work out, has changed his thinking due to the research I've been doing. Maybe try a workout or two without adding those carbs in and see how you feel. Especially if it's kicking you out of induction. That said, I don't want to come across as a know-it-all!! Because I confess I am NOT a weightlifter! Do what you feel is best for you.

Kudos on exercising - I can't seem to get into it yet. I stop and start. So, good job!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'd encourage you to do some searching on needing carbs for a workout. My DH, who does do a little weightlifting and was a staunch believer in needing carbs to work out, has changed his thinking due to the research I've been doing. Maybe try a workout or two without adding those carbs in and see how you feel. Especially if it's kicking you out of induction. That said, I don't want to come across as a know-it-all!! Because I confess I am NOT a weightlifter! Do what you feel is best for you.
First of all, you are definitely not coming across as a know it all! Thanks for the comment, and please don't hesitate to share, I would be really interested in finding out more about this topic. I'll be sure to do some reading online about it.

I thought it sounded fishy
Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
First of all, you are definitely not coming across as a know it all! Thanks for the comment, and please don't hesitate to share, I would be really interested in finding out more about this topic. I'll be sure to do some reading online about it.

I thought it sounded fishy

Good, because I never want to come across as a know-it-all.

I'm doing searches on being in ketosis and not losing a darn thing, weight OR inches. Very frustrating. I'm having all the benefits of the plan (mainly the non-hunger benefit) but the weight loss remains elusive.

I've been doing some reading through the remainder of this forum. It seemed to be very active 3 years ago and then dwindled down to nothing. Wonder why ...
Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

This is actually something I can opine on -- when I did light strength training two years ago on LC, it felt amazing. There's something about it, where you actually feel tireless and really focused on what you're doing. When I was all fuelled up on "healthy" carbs, I felt like I just had energy in spurts.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

I should have known it was propaganda!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Vanilla, maybe you can post some menus for a day or two? There must be something going on...maybe we can spot something