Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyAZ
Stats: 132/132/122
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2007
Longtime DANDR girl looking for a solution

In November 2007 I ate so many carbs one day that I knew I was done being on the sugar roller coaster - it makes me bloated and moody, I would get too excited thinking about carb...not good. Mom had read DANDR and she and both my sisters had good results. I did induction until Christmas that year and felt great! Ever since i read the book, I used DANDR to maintain my weight. I'm a working mom with a more...ahem...traditional husband so I do most of the homemaking and social arrangements for our family plus I'm in college. It allowed me to maintain my weight even when I went 2 weeks or more without solid exercising!

Fast forward to now...have added another child to the family, he will be two next month. I have noticed since he weaned almost a year ago that small amounts of weight are creeping on even though I'm watching my menu and finding more time to exercise. So I went back to induction at the beginning of April for 30 days and lost only 3 pounds. I moved on to include a couple berries, macadamias or small amount of almond butter once or twice a week. Stalled. Now I actually weigh one pound more than I did on April 1...I know it's TOM for me and it was then too so I'm expecting a 2 pound loss of water weight but what the heck is going on?

I though I'd come to this group and see if a lower carb more pure induction would help. I only want to lose the 10 pounds that have crept on and mostly want to find a better way to maintain. maybe I've ruined my metabolism by lowcarbing for 6 years?? Is that possible?
CrazyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lancer1977
Stats: 297/More healthy/Very healthy
WOE: Atkins 72ish
Start Date: 9/23/2011
The last few pounds always fall off the slowest. My experiences with DANDR have always been to find it often has stalls but you just have to push through it. Perhaps ignore the scale as long as you can stomach it. My best successes have been when I was doing some anaerobic exercise with my diet to increase my metabolism. Helped keep it off longer.
lancer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Atkins '72 is the only form of Atkins that I ever lost weight on...or that controlled by blood glucose levels. I also find it a lot easier to follow because it's very straightforward and simple.

Looking at your stats, you might actually have to watch your calories as well since you're so close to goal.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyAZ
Stats: 132/132/122
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2007
Thanks Aomiel! I hate counting calories which is why I loved DANDR but you may be right. I love to eat so maybe I should learn to love to eat LESS
CrazyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAZ View Post
Thanks Aomiel! I hate counting calories which is why I loved DANDR but you may be right. I love to eat so maybe I should learn to love to eat LESS
This is why I prefer Atkins '72 over other later versions. I love to eat...love to cook...collect cookbooks like some people collect shoes.

I've discovered that I have an addiction (much like an alcoholic) to certain carbs - the non vegie kind. One bite and I'm off and running. If I stick consistently and cleanly to Atkins '72 (protein and low carb vegies), I find that I have to remind myself to eat cuz I'm no longer obsessing about food. Many times I'll have my 2 eggs in cooked in butter and 1 oz cooked bacon for breakfast and my 2 cups salad greens with 4 oz of protein and a hard boiled egg along with 2 Tbs of full fat dressing...and skip dinner because I'm just not hungry or interested. Even cooking dinner for the family doesn't tempt me to eat. So maybe if you do the Atkins induction, you'll find that same appetite suppressant effect?

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote