Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all things are going good here fri I was 169.8 today 164.4 I just started a new job so that is helping. Each morning I did a Atkins shake and then had meat and salad for dinner.i will do this on fri,sat,sun as I work 8-3 then the other days egg for breakfast and meat and salad for dinner.im going to try this for a month see how things go..I realy don't like the shakes but I work as a cashier at Stoney's I don't get a break so I can grab a shake and drink it..I also have 2 cups coffee with hwc and stieva before I go to work so I'm getting my fat first thing in morning,,I will start adding co to my coffee in about a week as for now to much fat will make me feel sick so ill add it back slowly..I love co it helped ,me lose lots weight,but have to be carefully at first makes you real sick if to much.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esam
Stats: 308/294/165
WOE: LC
hi!
been away for a bit, back on the LC wagon..... wanted to say hi and meet some people...
esam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jackh
Stats: 240/240/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/16/2013
Slppery Ketosis

I am about 10 days into Atkins '72 and have a couple questions. I was able to get into deep Ketosis the first week but now only small or at most moderate on my urine strips. Is that normal? I have been vigilant about eating as close to zero carb as possible and have not really varied my intake from last week to this. The only thing I did this week that I did not do last week was exercise, some weights and some cardio. Could exercise inhibit ketosis? Could I possibly need more fat? (most of the meat I have been eating is lean)? Any help or advice would be appreciated.
jackh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Jackh, the keto strips are known for not being very accurate. It can depend on how hydrated you are. For some of us, the strips never change color, even though we're firmly in ketosis. I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep doing what you're doing. Pay attention to your carb intake, and stay on track.

However, you don't need to eat lean meats. Feel free to eat fattier cuts if you'd like. They completely on plan and IMO they taste so much better!!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jackh
Stats: 240/240/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/16/2013
Slippery Ketosis

Thanks MtherGoos for the response> It was just needed to get past this little bit of frustration. Overall it is going well... Thanks again
jackh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
No problem! I hope you post often so we can get to know you better! And with September starting, there will be lots of challenge threads starting, so just jump in and join one. It sometimes really can help to be accountable daily to the others on your challenge thread. Good luck!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
Start Date: 3/25/13
Quote:
However, you don't need to eat lean meats. Feel free to eat fattier cuts if you'd like. They completely on plan and IMO they taste so much better!!
Couldn't agree more. It's one of the better perks of low carb!
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Hi there. I'm also just beginning the Atkins Induction program. I tried a very long time ago but stalled at 6 weeks after re-introducing "good" carbs and then gave up. I really hope by joining an active forum I can prevent that from happening again. So far I have lost 9 lbs since beginning on Thursday, but that's a drop in the bucket since I need to lose about 130. I've done some research and intend to stay on Induction for a while as long as it's working for me. I am the definition of a carb addict, once I start eating them again it's so hard to stop! I have to ween myself off cold-turkey and just keep it that way. Good thing I like veggies - it looks I have a lifetime of zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice ahead of me. But, any diet where you can have bacon-wrapped, cheese-stuffed jalapenos is a winner in my book. I can't believe I'm losing weight eating things like that, but no complaints here!
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Good thing I like veggies - it looks I have a lifetime of zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice ahead of me
There are worse things, right? At least we don't experience hunger!!
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote