Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hey everybody
The sun is out but it is so deceptive as it is pretty chilly outside.
Much better now. Back at work.
Eating has been pretty healthy. I need to get a new pair of jeans soon.
well I can finally see a bit of roundedness in my belly so yay! tired of just looking fat and not preggy.
Take care everybody and have a fab weekend.
It's Friday and I feel ready to take on the weekend.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CjTitus
Stats: 172/130/120
WOE: Atkins 72
There are two Meyenberg goat milk plants in the USA, and we ship it worldwide. Raised my kids on this 40 years ago as they were allergic to cow's milk and I don't do soy products. so when my hubby retired and we moved east to be closer to his side of the family as he can no longer fly and I won't be any further north (did Chicago area twice) we ended up in north central AR. After training and licensing I am a milk tester and sampler for AR. Good job, most of the winter no lab testing and I keep busy doing other things like new databases etc. We had snow a week ago. This week it finally warmed up. We had practice in a Feb. for an agility workshop in insulated bibs & parkas. Feb is usually spring and very nice here. This photo if it posts is from early March.
CjTitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Roundness in the belly due to baby! Yea!!! Glad you're feeling better. Sorry it's cold. Keep on truckin! Hope you find some jeans that fit you just right. There's nothing better than a pair of jeans that fit perfectly.

Wow, Cj, you look cold! That's strange how it's been warmer up here but maybe warm to me is still cold to you. I love it in the 50-70 range. It's in the low 70's today which is about as warm as it's been up here so far. I wish Summer would never come.

If I may ask, why can't your hubby fly anymore? I hope you like where you live now. It's great to be closer to family. I used to live many miles from home (where I am now) but after around 15 years, I came back (though I swore I never would). My loved ones were dying one after the other and I felt like it was going to continue, so nothing was more important to me than to be huddled back in the family fold. Thankfully () the deaths stopped coming after that.

I love your mini poodle. I'm assuming that is you in the foreground.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Yes that is I in the front of the photo, and my large toy poodle Tiger. He is 8 pounds and just under 11 inches. He is the first dog I got to just do obedience/rally/agility with and not as a side to dog showing. It was about 15-20 degrees the first week of March. That is January weather for us and usually in the 60-80's in March. But hey we let nothing get in the way of our practices. My husband is in his 70's and has very thin veins with pressure changes they break. Airlines don't like people bleeding from their eyeballs and noses when they leave a plane, especially when we are flying as retired employees. I have lived all over the USA, have driven in all 50 states and have flown the world, so I can state that I love it here in the Ozarks. No pollution and gorgeous scenery works for me.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #35
Big Yapper!

So sorry about your hubby! That's not cool, bleeding out at high altitude. Best to "lay low." Keep that blood where it belongs!

Well-travelled! Nice, Cj. I have some experience of AR. Back around when I was 24 years old, we drove through there and we did some spelunking in AR. There is a cave that is not commercialized. We had only some basic flash lights and no ropes or anything. There was a place where we had only room enough to crawl on our hands and knees but then we got to an inner chasm. Still, I was very aggravated by the man for not telling me what to expect. I was not dressed for crawling, and there were bats flying by me as I went.

The Buffalo River is my other AR memory. (Actually, my memory of the river was being mercilessly attacked by black flies and having to keep diving beneath the water to keep from being eaten alive.) It might have been in AR where we parked to sleep for the night in the back of our pick up truck (with a sleeper shell on it.) We went out by the river at night and I was AMAZED at the "night life." It will sound like I am making this up, but by the light of our flash light (or maybe Coleman gas lantern), it was like we were invisible.

We watched the Crayfish moving around, a Raccoon skirted the edges of the limits of our lantern, but the most memorable thing that happened was a bat hit the water and was trying to get himself out of the water. Must have been very young and inexperienced. He flapped around and managed to pull himself out and into some brush, but there was a snake in the river, ready to strike! It was insane.

I said that I would only sleep during the day from that point on! The things that go on at night are simply out of this world. Anyway, I think that was in AR.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-10-2013 at 07:34 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

That sounds like AR - I don't do caves, but we have a ton of them especially on the south side of the Ozark Mtns going towards Hot Springs. We have three main rivers just where I am, Buffalo, White & Strawberry plus many other recreational rafting/kayaking rivers too. Live in a tourist town that is 500 people in the winter and about 3,00 during bass tournaments and the trout festivals. I live off Bull Shoals Lake so I have the best of all worlds here. Your note reminded me we have a dog club picnic today and I need to make up a batch of natural bug repellent. I don't do bugs. LOL My good post today is a blouse I bought last year and was a bit too tight through the waist & hips fits like a dream this morning. Doing Happy Dance!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Good morning everyone. Glad you are feeling better Lola and that the new jeans are a hit. Congrats CJ on the new "old" blouse .Tome that feels better than buying soemthing new that is smaller.like an extra win.It feels great . I had the same feeling with my Mexican jeans yesterday which I wore all day without passing out from lack of oxygen

I am on day 10 of Atkins induction and I am having a strange thing. My weight goes up and down like a yoyo but no significant losses, at least in pound terms . Clothes fit better though and I feel lighter. I don't know if I am in ketosis I did have the induction flu though. For now that is okay. I am adding a HIT exercise programme that is supposed to be excellent. It did kick my behind already and that in what is 4 minutes of exercise .
Letīs see how that goes.
Have a great Saturday and weekend everyone.

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #38
Big Yapper!

Cj, OMG!! Tell me how you make that bug repellent! I get eaten alive at the farm I work at. How well does yours work? And against what bugs? WTG about the blouse!! Jealous and wish I could GMST (try and figure that one out.) (It sounds like such a pretty area that you live in. Feel free to post pics!)

Aleina, I wish you were seeing more results on the scale. I know how frustrating that is. You sound like you're not letting it derail you, so KUDOS!! I get very depressed when I don't see loss on the scale.

I just wish I could find some WOE that I could happily stick to! I am in such a dieting funk. When will I ever be back in control again? I can't go on like this. My poor body is struggling under the strain, and so are the seams on my clothing. Even my shoes are tight! I'm a blimp.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Hey Cheryl,donīt let it get you down, a blimp you are not. Have you taken painkillers for the close encounter with the horse? Yes,I did read a little in your diary. That can make the scale and how the body feels go haywire. Put your feet up tomorrow if you can and be good to yourself in non food terms . Monday is another day. Have a great Sunday everybody.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #41
Big Yapper!

Thank you Aleina for your encouraging words. I will try to absorb them, but I really am a blimp. Even my fat clothes are bulging at the seams. You know; when the pockets are pouched-out to the max? Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. It's gone on for way too long. I haven't been able to stick to any diet plan (not just LC, but ANY WOE) for more than a week or two in probably over a year.

I have chronic back pain and also hip pain and now bilateral shin splints from my job. I take Motrin daily and when things are really bad (like now), I take them twice a day. I have begun taking 2 Buffered Aspirin as one of the pain killers (oddly enough, they don't kill pain at all) and take the Motrin at bedtime. What I need is Percocet. That would set me right. Wish I had a Dr for a friend.

Worked a double at the farm today and now watching Jerry Maguire. Happy Mother's Day, everyone. Night night.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cheryl,wow that is some pain! I commented it to a chinese medicine practitioner and he says that you might want to look into Chinese medicine. He is almost sure that a good one can help you with the pain.
And yes, I know the problem of bulging pockets,etc. We will all still be suffering from that for a while but we can turn it around slowly but surely.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Oh and I forgot as here it is not that day.
Happy Motherīs day !
Old 05-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #44
Big Yapper!

I'm not a big believer in those alternative therapies but it's worth looking into I guess. I think what I need more than anything else is regular massage therapy sessions. I'm going to look into finding a good one that isn't too expensive. It might eat up half the money I earn by working at the farm, but I can't live like this. I feel like I have Fibromyalgia or something. There is some inflammatory process going on inside my body. and the carby fast foods are making it all worse. Vicious cycle and insane to keep going round and round. But round and round I go.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

Hope you all had a great mother's day.
My weekend was pretty hectic - busy and cold. finally got some downtime yesterday evening.
got my LG a baby dwarf bunny- Fido Hairball. She is so excited to have a bunny as it allows her to cuddle. My kitties are very reluctant to cuddle. They prefer to roam the bushes.
cJ- looks like you live in a really beautiful area.
Cheryl- you always know when enough is enough and you get going on your plan. I did not get new jeans. I found an old pair that did not bite. I will have to shop for a new pair but I will need a bit of "me time" to do that. Between my regular job, Saturday freelance trianing job and my family I hav every little time to myself at the moment. I finish my freelance work this Saturday 18th - so from 25th May my Saturdays are back to being my own and I can then do things that I need to do like have my hair done and shop.
Have a great Monday everybody!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
bonjour everyone,

i thinking about this atkin plan but wonder the true differences from the newer one.
is the portions freer and not limited to 4-6ozs?
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Bonjour Natosha,

Hope you decide on Atkins 72.To my mind it is the easiest plan to follow, if you have a lot of weight to lose, letīs say 30 lbs and up. It is a plan where you will not be hungry, but you will not necessarily be eating what you crave.
For example you are hungry and crave a slice of toast then on atkins you will be making yourself a scrambled egg with butter or whatever else is on the allowed list. I would suggest that you read the post above, the extra long one that describes what Atkins 72 is . No fear, you do not need to read all the pages. I read until page 4 and it was clear to me. But to answer your question in short there are very few things that need to be measured,only the vegetables you eat, the cheese is limited to 4 ozs and heavy cream also has a limit. If you are worried about being hungry this is not diet where you will go hungry.

Last edited by Aleina; 05-13-2013 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: correcting space bar malfunction
Old 05-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

1972 Atkin's plan by the book

This is the post I am referring to.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleina View Post
Bonjour Natosha,

Hope you decide on Atkins 72.To my mind it is the easiest plan to follow, if you have a lot of weight to lose,letīs say 30 lbs and up. It is a plan where you will not be hungry, but you will not necessarily be eating what you crave.
For example you are hungry and crave a slice of toast then on atkins you will be making yourself a scrambled egg with butter or whatever else is on the allowed list. I would suggest that you read the post above ,the extra long one that describes what Atkins 72 is . No fear ,you do not need to read all the pages .I read until page 4 and it was clear to me. But to answer your question in short there are very few things that need to be measured,only the vegetabels you eat, the cheese islimited to 4 ozs and heavycream also has a limit . If you are worried about being hungry this is not diet where you will go hungry.

ty, i do like easy lol
i love meat and butter, ribs i probably could eat whole rack lol

awesome, been reducing my cheese but craving it lol

today kept to an egg omelet with sautee mushrooms, portabella and button top with butter two grape tomatoes and 3 strips turkey bacon

so wanting pork but have to finish turkey up.. almost tho lol
Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

You are welcome. You have a good menu there already. Hope a change to Atkins 72 helps you achieve your goals.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Just ordered to book on Amazon! Only $6.19 including shipping It should be here within 10 or so days! Any tips in the meantime? Thanks!
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Melisa . Did you order the original Atkins book from around 72 or the new Atkins Diet Revolution book ? Reason I ask that you will need to decide on how many carbs you will allow.Atkins aoriginal allows few while the new Atkins allows a bit more
Old 05-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

i might have today more meat tonight lol after dinner

well earlly supper feeling hungry today but need energy to keep going
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

2000 cals
felt happy but fear if its ok

20ncarbs
123fat
189protein
Old 05-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleina View Post
Welcome Melisa . Did you order the original Atkins book from around 72 or the new Atkins Diet Revolution book ? Reason I ask that you will need to decide on how many carbs you will allow.Atkins aoriginal allows few while the new Atkins allows a bit more
I ordered the one from 1972. I'm excited to get it...
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

wow feel great
slimmer then i did eating less is it possible more=slimmer

no gain
feel lighter

could i eat like this daily and often then restrict to 1500-1600
Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

I don't think you can answer that question. Ideally, later on you will not need to count calories as your hunger decrease naturally. However without knowing what you are doing, what your aim is , how much you have to lose and what time frames you are talking about it is difficult to comment with any certainty.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

true,

only 5lbs
but feel very toned like an increases helped more water or puffiness out

feel good tho not sure if means my body is in need for the more and not the low end of calories
Old 05-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

i do notice no weight loss but truth having 2000 yesterday i felt lighter and appeared it...puff be gone

my pants kept falling down. i only have few lbs to lose but the definition is results i can see in muscles, while no workout changes from my orignal routine
Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

A few pounds is harder in a way. If you feel better at that calorie level see how it agrees with you. You migt have to do the last 5 pounds resculpting yourself through exercise which will take a bit longer of course. But well done for getting to 5 lbs from goal.