Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
OMG Cheryl, you had me all tear-y up over Lucy I seriously don't think I could take it, you know, knowing an animal is at his/her final days. That would tear me up inside. How do you do it? Yeah, I know we all have to leave.... but my heart would actually break. Like you, I do believe Lucy felt the energy from your words. For you to take time to comfort her like that is proof that you truly enjoy your job and you have a great heart.

Hope you have or had a fantastic day!

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #152
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
It's hard but so is life. And death is an inevitable part of life. I was also a hospice nurse for a time, so that helps too. Tonight, we put Lucy down. She's at peace now and it's finally over. The vet said that she went so quickly and without any struggle, which she says never happens with goats. She said that just showed how ready she was to be done with it all. That made us feel very comforted. I was kneeling beside her head and was gently holding her head to my chest, telling her it was going to be okay. The manager was beside me, stroking Lucy's body. She got the shot. In about 20 seconds, she was gone. It was the right decision and I just wish we had made it sooner.

May she rest in peace.

My Journal.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Cheryl in the end, I'm glad you were there with Lucy, I'm sure it was a comfort. I know me, I would have sat there crying during the whole ordeal. I hope today treat you well. Take care.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #154
Big Yapper!

There's plenty of time for crying later, but in the moment, you have to project a calm, soothing energy. It's over now and I'm glad she's finally at peace.

I know it's a hot-button issue but a part of me thinks humans deserve the same "humane" treatment that we give to animals. So many terminal people suffer for so many years, and for what? I would never agree to putting a human to sleep without their consent but if they want to go, I think they should have that choice. I don't know how we ever got the notion that anyone who took their own life was going straight to Hell. I don't know of any such thing in the Bible.

Let's talk about something else! My fault so forgive me...

It's 70 degrees and absolute perfection here in CT today. I slept pretty much all the way through it. Didn't pass out until after 4 am and then woke up at 1. The windows are open and the birdies are chirping and I am in my PJ's, resting in bed. I need days like this to just detox.

I hope you are all having a great day. Donna, I saw on last night's news that Denver got snow yesterday. Did you guys get some too? Wild! Please come chat with us once in a while so we can keep up with your goings on.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-02-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
hey everybody - May is here.
I've posted the link May is here- Atkins 72!!.
See you on the other side.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heathern
Stats: 300/227/180
WOE: mod carb
Hello

I'm thinking Atkins 72 is a great plan. Just wondering if anyone takes Metformin and did they have to adjust it.
I experience low bs in the afternoons and this leads me to having a carb craze and i ruin the day.
heathern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #157
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
hey everybody - May is here.
I've posted the link
May is here- Atkins 72!!.
See you on the other side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathern View Post
I'm thinking Atkins 72 is a great plan. Just wondering if anyone takes Metformin and did they have to adjust it.
I experience low bs in the afternoons and this leads me to having a carb craze and i ruin the day.
FYI, they are on the new thread, which is about to turn into the June thread! Go get 'em!