Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #121
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's cool that you're both pregnant at the same time! Is she near to where you live? Does she have a weight problem? If not, maybe that's why she wouldn't think to stay active. Plus she's younger as well. Maybe if she puffs up like a watermelon, she'll understand for next time!

Thanks for explaining those mandarins. I know exactly what you are talking about. And they ARE "infinitely easier to peel." I wish HB eggs would peel like that.

Working at the farm today. We are over with the cold weather and back to 70 degrees for this week. Time to break out the bug repellent. Tis the season. Have a lovely day, everyone!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi cheryl- No- she lives in Angola so we do not see her often. She is not thin but not fat either. Haha- had a vision of her puffed up like a water melon!
Enjoy the warm weather- back here I wake up in the morning and I see ice covering the grass. There is a thick white fog covering the dam and the guinea fowls are back and boy are they loud in their seach for food.

foodwise I think I am eating right- not LC- but healthy options. Real food and not take aways or junk so I feel that I am on hte right track. I am an early morning snacker so I have not weighed myself this week. Will make a plan to do so tomorrow morning.
Have a brilliant morning everybody!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #123
Big Yapper!

You need to post more pictures of where you live, Lola. It sounds so lovely!

That's funny. I'm a late night snacker. I wonder what drives us to eat when we do. If we could just unplug something, we'd be good to go! Ya know?

Hope you're having a brilliant evening, too.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #124
Big Yapper!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...-need-one.html

I posted a bunch of farm pics I took yesterday and told of my day on this thread. If interested, come on over!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

A much warmer day here today an dI feel so much lighter and happier. funny what a bit of warmth does to a person.
Weighed myself today and I am 64.8kg so lost the bit of extra weight that I put on over the last two weeks. I will post pics over the weekend. I will also take a few so you get to see the lovely green that surrounds my home.
Take care. Have a great weekend everybody.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
I can't see the playground as I haven't been a member for 60 days yet sorry.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #127
Big Yapper!

Can't wait for the pics, Lola! You're doing so well with your weight while keeping healthy and well-fed. Whatever you're doing, your little one is enjoying it. I keep thinking of how you said he/she was doing cartwheels inside you.

Kiwi, I'm sorry you can't see them. I know there is that 60 day rule. I wonder why they put that in place. Maybe to keep out less-committed "board members." Speaking of board members, I got a list of who's on the Board at the farm and found out some young woman who I personally like a lot is on there now. NO idea how she got on the Board, but now we'll have to see what she's hoping to do there. Strange.

I guess I could post the pics over here. But this thread is about to be retired and we'll be moving over into the May thread. Hmmm... what to do. Oh what the heck. I'll share them here.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #128
Big Yapper!

Some are good, some aren't that great. I didn't notice while I was taking pics that they had one of the horses in the cross ties wearing a dually. Big no-no. So I did catch that later on when I put the camera down. One of the Instructors actually had the volunteers put him in the cross ties. They were clipped on the other loop, not the actual dually part, but it's not allowed.

So, enjoy! I'll load them, see what order they come up in, then try to write a little caption for each so you can tell which horse is who, etc.

1- Big Red being groomed to be tacked-up for an eval of a client but then they decided not to use him. This is the half of the barn where he and Daphne live.

2- Frodo in Dually and cross-ties () with volunteer and instructor.

3- Lola in her Duplex.

4- Lola; face looks powdery. Flash messed her up.

5- Calvin (her squeeze.) The old man of the farm. Ex racer. They are joined at the hip.

6- Calvin's eye up close. I cleaned the eye booger better after I took the shot.

7- Frodo in his run-in, with a few of the paddocks up behind.

8- Frodo and his run-in and stall. Posing.

9- Charmed and Frodo; duplex buddies.

10- Charmed in his run-in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (41.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (36.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (35.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (32.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (27.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (39.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (37.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (44.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (41.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (39.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #129
Big Yapper!

1- Charmed's eye

2- Charmed nibbling on my shoe

3- His beautiful Appy face. Best shot of them all, I think!

4- Frodo again. Shows Calvin's and Lola's duplex beside.

5- Candy; one of the minis. This was a split second before she lept off the ground because of the camera flash. SPRING! Shot back about 4 feet in one movement.

6- Mariah

7 Candy with the goat hut and day pen beyond. Grain room to the right. Arena in the distance.

8- Domenic the Donkey (he is not camera shy...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (50.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (44.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (37.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 018.jpg (42.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (37.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (42.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 021.jpg (55.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (34.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 023.jpg (46.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (34.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #130
Big Yapper!

And more...

1,2,3- More of Dom

4- The barn

5- The facility house

6- Lucy and Ellen (goats); too sleepy to turn their heads

7- Daphne, peeking out of her stall at me. I chopped off her nose.

8- Cowboy looking into the goat's stall

9- Cowboy trying to eat in peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (41.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (46.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (42.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (46.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (45.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (41.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (25.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (29.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 034.jpg (44.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #131
Big Yapper!

Okay. This is all of them. Even went back through and included some crappy ones.

1- Daphne in her stall, Cowboy's stall in the distance on the other side of the barn

2- Big Red, trying to sleep.

3- Frodo (eyes squinted cause of the flash.)

4- Lola and Calvin's backside. Inside of Lola's duplex.

5- Frodo losing patience with me and my camera

And that's all she wrote!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 035.jpg (34.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 037.jpg (35.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (35.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (41.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #132
Big Yapper!

Whew! I'm glad I was able to copy/paste the written parts of those posts on the other thread. Then all I had to do was add the attachments in the order that they were over there. Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Awww.I especially love the goats and the donkey.There are some jennys and a jack in a paddock on the way to the next town over and I love to see them out and about.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hey Cheryl - I'm glad I made it back in time to see the pics. You work with a terrific set of horses. Don't ask me why but I luv the donkey .

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there.

Just wanted to send out a shout, I have company coming by so I'll post again later.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #135
Big Yapper!

Everyone loves the Donkey. Enjoy your company! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend. It's lovely here but on the cool side. You'd be very cold.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #136
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
Awww.I especially love the goats and the donkey.There are some jennys and a jack in a paddock on the way to the next town over and I love to see them out and about.
Okay. I gotta ask. Is a Jenny a female goat and a Jack a male one? I need to learn that down-under lingo.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Jenny is a female donkey and jack is the boy donkey.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #138
Big Yapper!

OH! You did mention the goats and donkey. Thanks for explaining.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Everyone loves the Donkey. Enjoy your company! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend. It's lovely here but on the cool side. You'd be very cold.
I consider anything lower than 72 degrees cold
Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys, had a busy Saturday and I just finished eating...I'm so full all I want to do right now is lay my 'gut' down and sleep.

I'm till continuing with my walks, however, I'm below my 50 mile goal by 2 miles. I know I can keep up with the walking, but I'm thinking 50 miles a week is a bit more than I can chew. Hmmm, I'll try for 50 again this week, but I think 35-40 is a little more realistic.

Right now I'm at Rural Retreat in VA and I'm about 4 miles away from Troutdale, VA (I wonder if that's a fishing community).

walk.jpg

I have vacation coming up in 2 months so I'm trying to clean up my eating some, I've been eating way off course. I'll still include watermelon, plantain and sweet potatoes in my food intake, but I'm definitely cutting out the dumplings and ice cream. With summer on the way I'm thinking may just meat & veggies. I was talking with my brother and he said he lost 25 lbs, just sticking with meat and veggies not bread, rice or potatoes. He's not really doing LC (he doesn't even know about LC) he said his doctor to him to cut out fried foods and pork but he still includes cereal, whole wheat and corn in his diet, but definitely no bread, potatoes, rice or chips and candy. It took him almost 6 months to lose, he's a truck driver, not very much physical activity, but 25 lbs is terrific! He still has a few more pounds to go, but it's amazing how much you can lose just by cutting back on starches.

My studies are coming along great, almost completed them, and I finally finished the vases I had painted. They want me to do some planters next. I'll see if I can upload a pic later.

Well that's it for me for now. I'm still sticking with the Callanetics, I don't see very much difference in my body, but my clothes are fitting better, so maybe it's working. I have rolls of fat on my belly, so I guess it's going to take a long while to get a 4 pack at least I'm trying.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #141
Big Yapper!

I lost weight really well back in 2006, just cutting out starches. I ate everything else without any thought to calories or amounts and just kept busy. I was a new homeowner at that time so I was very busy gardening, ripping out nasty '70's carpeting from the stairs, etc. I was filled with dreams and wanted to make this "as is" home purchase into something that was really nice. I did pretty well!

Hoping everyone is enjoying the last little bit of their weekend. It's almost Monday now. I will be busy tomorrow with taking the car for a check up in the morning then going to the farm. First day of Program and not only will I be doing the barn stuff but will also be a side-walker for that darling little lady I was evaluating last Wednesday. Just hope I can pull it altogether and keep on top of what needs to be done when.

Wish me luck!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Post weekend and I m so glad to be back in the office. We had guests all weekend. So a lot of cooking and cleaning up. Hubby was ill so not much help there. Everybody around me is ill right now and I am getting pretty cheezed off with people who do not care who they infect with their germs coughing and sneezing and blowing their nose all over the place!
I cannot take the more effective medication for flu as it will affect baby so gah!
I did not eat a lot this weekend either - even made a breakfast of omlettes and sausages yesterday but then could not bear the thought of eating the stuff.
Cheryl- I checked out your pics on the horse lovers thread - love them still.

SL - great going and you will get the food sorted out.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all,

Felt fantastic this morning so I got up and got 6 miles in. Decided to wear a dress to work that I hadn't been able to wear for about 3-4 years yep, feeling really good.

Cheryl - I hope things go fantastic for you today, I think I need to read some of the back posts to find out what a 'sidewalker' is; I won't tell you what I initially thought

Lola - I remember reading you guys are going through your winter season over there, so I guess colds an flu's are to be expected. Just continue to eat healthy, get plenty of rest and take whatever vitamins that were recommended. You should do okay. I know vitamin C always help me out.

Oh well, have a fantastic day!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #144
Big Yapper!

"Cheezed off"! I love that. I agree, dang it. Are they not aware that you're expecting yet? If they know you are in a delicate condition, they should have stayed away. I hope God protects you and baby #2 from all illness from those "cheesy people." I wouldn't want to eat with all that going on around me, either. That says alot, that you were happy to go back to work!

Sherry, I found a great picture of what a side walker is during a therapeutic riding lesson. I'll post it right now. It shows the standard arm-over-thigh hold. You wrap your fingers around the side of the saddle and you rest your forearm over their leg to give them stability. All the while, you are focused on the rider to make sure they aren't slumping over to one side. There are usually two side walkers but it depends on the client. Sometimes all they need is a "heel hold" which is much less taxing on the side walker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side walker.jpg (92.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everybody

Been eating a bit strange. I had an apple in a sauce of chilli powder, salt and vinegar yesterday. Really wanted it.
SL - it is the start of winter here. I am feeling wonderfully healthy.
Yesterday I saw a large male cat attack my little girl cat (Joy Ramon) and I sprinted out of my yard to protect her. When I got back all hubby had to say was that he was terrified of baba- I wonder if a really fast sprint would affect the baby at this stage. I have been avoiding doing anything strenuous or very fast. I must admit I loved the adrenalin rush. Joy was fine, just very shaken.

Cheryl- yeah- I found myself so busy over the weekend constantly having to take care of the guests.
Hope you are all well.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
"Cheezed off"!
Sherry, I found a great picture of what a side walker is during a therapeutic riding lesson. I'll post it right now. It shows the standard arm-over-thigh hold. You wrap your fingers around the side of the saddle and you rest your forearm over their leg to give them stability. All the while, you are focused on the rider to make sure they aren't slumping over to one side. There are usually two side walkers but it depends on the client. Sometimes all they need is a "heel hold" which is much less taxing on the side walker.
Wow, Cheryl I didn't know there was so much involved with therapeutic riding lessons. Thanks so much for the update. I'm assuming "heel hold" is when you just hold the person's heel for stability?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi everybody

Been eating a bit strange. I had an apple in a sauce of chilli powder, salt and vinegar yesterday. Really wanted it.
Apple with chlli powder, salt & vinegar is a strange craving. Sorry, I can't imagine the combination going in my mouth. It's amazing the strange cravings pregnancy brings on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Yesterday I saw a large male cat attack my little girl cat (Joy Ramon) and I sprinted out of my yard to protect her. When I got back all hubby had to say was that he was terrified of baba- I wonder if a really fast sprint would affect the baby at this stage. I have been avoiding doing anything strenuous or very fast. I must admit I loved the adrenalin rush. Joy was fine, just very shaken. .
I do hope you and baby are fine after that sprint, please remember to be careful. But I can also understand you wanting to protect Joy.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #148
Big Yapper!

Lola, I'd have sprinted to save my little kittie, too. I'm sure the baby enjoyed the adrenaline as well. That really is an odd thing to eat. Hot, tart, sour, sweet and whatever else it was. Will you be doing that again anytime soon?

Sherry, it's very involved indeed. I only wish I looked like the girls in the picture! Young, lean and healthy. And that is what a heel hold is exactly. Not sure exactly what good it does but maybe it tells us if they are becoming off-center before things get too lopsided. We are keeping a close eye on the rider and helping the instructor by getting the rider to do the things they are asked to do.

Yesterday we had two very autistic young girls that are so completely in their own heads and worlds that it's hard to get inside to them and draw them out for even a brief moment. If we can get them to do something we ask of them or get them to repeat something we've said, that's cause for celebration.

I so hoped I could sleep-in today but I woke up and started to toss and turn around 8. I gave up and got out of bed around 9:30. Will be another long day but I hope to God they have enough volunteers that I don't have to "pinch hit." It's just too much. And I won't know until I get there and see the schedule. Even then I won't know because someone might not show up.

On the bright side, it's a gorgeous, sunny day and it should reach 70 degrees. Low humidity, the bugs aren't bad yet and my tulip in the front planter opened up for the first time this morning. It's a lovely yellow! I'm going to bring it in the house so I can enjoy it more. They make great cut flowers and last a long time. I love how they close at night and open again in the morning. I'll keep it in the sun, though. Don't want to deprive it of that.

Have a nice day, ladies. Do something you enjoy!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-30-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl tulips are beautiful; I remember when I visited Germany & Switzerland. I can't remember the month but there were rows of tulips in flower boxes under the windows - I'm sure there were other flowers also - but the tulips were beautiful. I don't see them over here, our climate is too warm.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #150
Big Yapper!

Oh, yeah! Holland is huge on Tulips, I think. I've never been there, but I've bought flower bulbs from over there. It's a big business. I just put the dog out and let her back in and that one lone yellow tulip is closed up tight for the night. Things like that just make me love God all the more.

It's going to be under 40 degrees tonight! I came home from the farm and wondered if I should have put their turn-out sheets on to keep warm. It wasn't cold then but the temps fell pretty fast. The manager can toss the sheets on them if she thinks they are necessary when she does night check.

I'm so tired. My back and legs are aching. I need to soak in a hot tub of water with epsom salt but I'm too lazy to draw a bath and go through all that, so I took 4 motrin and then about 1.5 hours later, 2 full-strength aspirin. Finally I have achieved relief. One more afternoon of work and then I'll be off until Sunday. I guess this is going to hurt, ramping up from only 2 shifts per week to 4.

I just love the animals so much that I have to just let the "human junk" just roll off my back. Had a little human junk today. I don't care though in hindsight. I talked it out and now I'm back to just being thankful for the job and for the access to the animals.

I had a heart-to-heart with the aging goat. She can no longer stand up on her own. It took two of us to lift her up so she could stand, leaning against the wall. Then her stupid daughter came around her backside and walked between her and the wall and down she went again. Her days are numbered.

But I swear that these animals understand what you're saying to them. Not the words, but the energy behind the words, or the intent of your heart. It's real and it is magical when they seem to connect with you. I was talking to Lucy (the old goat) and telling her that it was okay. We love her, we will miss her, but we can't live forever. We don't want her to live like this and to keep suffering. And then I told her that if she was worried who would keep her daughter company (Ellen,) I promised her that she would not be alone.

Lucy turned her face to me and she touched my face with her mouth. I swear to God! It happened twice when I was talking about Ellen and that we will make sure she has a companion. Now all I have to do is follow through and keep reassuring her that Ellen will be fine. I never knew how great a goat could be! They're like dogs.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I should copy and paste all this on my journal. I guess I will cause I'm tired and there's no way I'm writing this all again!

Night, ladies. God bless and sleep well. Those of you on the flip side of the earth, have a spectacular day. Stay warm!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-30-2013 at 07:55 PM..