Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #91
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Parker, know that you are missed.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

So glad you are all around. I was in a client's office this morning at 11 am and they had a clock that indicated US time- it said 4:30am! Was thinking of all of you asleep in bed. I've been reading up on your farm experiences - too funny Kiwi and Cheryl. I know that these have been traumatic experiences but you could not get me out into a muddy field even with the promise of money. I am happy and content with clean feet.
Will report a bit later on my doc visit.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi Cheryl - no offense taken with your response, actually you gave me a good chuckle for the morning I definitely don't envy you and your line of work, oops, I mean exercise . With all you have to do I'm sure you're building lots of muscle which is probably why the scale isn't moving as quickly as you would like. Baling hay, toting water and all the other manual labor you have to perform I'm sure your body is firming up well, and if that's the case forget the scales altogether and measure your success by your clothes and how fit you are. I'm sure your arms are nice and toned something I'm now struggling to get; hmmm, I jiggle all over so maybe I should consider some light farm work myself, it might be a quick way to firm up .

Have a great day hopefully I can check back in on Friday or Saturday.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
the ram hated and butted everyone,the billy goat attacked people and turned up in the mud room of the house and the horses ate us out of house and home.
kiwi I enjoy starting my Monday's with humour!

Last edited by sldeal; 04-15-2013 at 05:45 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #95
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Hi Cheryl - no offense taken with your response, actually you gave me a good chuckle for the morning I definitely don't envy you and your line of work, oops, I mean exercise . With all you have to do I'm sure you're building lots of muscle which is probably why the scale isn't moving as quickly as you would like. Baling hay, toting water and all the other manual labor you have to perform I'm sure your body is firming up well, and if that's the case forget the scales altogether and measure your success by your clothes and how fit you are. I'm sure your arms are nice and toned something I'm now struggling to get; hmmm, I jiggle all over so maybe I should consider some light farm work myself, it might be a quick way to firm up .

Have a great day hopefully I can check back in on Friday or Saturday.
You're too funny. No, there is too much blubber on me to see the results of all my toned muscles but I know when the blubber shrinks up and hopefully leaves me for good, my lean body will emerge.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #96
Big Yapper!

Hey, Lola. Hope all goes well with the check-up. I can say that I was indeed fast asleep at 4:30 this morning. Mud isn't my favorite thing but it's what you have to live with if you want to work with horses.

Kiwi, I have no feelings for cows or pigs so I don't think I'd be interested in working on that kind of farm. I enjoy seeing them at the annual country fair but that's as far as my love for those guys goes.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #97
Big Yapper!

Checking in. Missing y'all! Things seem to have slowed way down on our trusty little Atkins thread. I hope everyone is well. Donna, please let us know about the job situation and all that jazz, and Lola, I hope and pray that your baby check-up visit was nothing but good news.

HAVE A NICE DAY!!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Sorry I dropped out for a bit here - been on a bad food rampage (way too many days of pizza! and birthday cake), so I'm up several pounds lately. But starting to come to grips with it psychologically, and getting my mental house in order here! We're leaving on vacation on Friday and won't be back for three weeks (I will miss you all!), but we've made a deal that we'll be swimming and walking or something to that effect every day that we can.

(This is my 50th birthday trip - cruise from Miami to Barcelona, Spain, then a week in Barcelona before heading home. On the ship, we'll be bale to swim, walk, light weights, etc. every day. Once we get to Barcelona, it will be just walking. LOTS of walking, I suspect! ).

Cheryl, you sounds like you're doing well - your headspace is good! Lola - keep eating! LOL! Kiwi - wow, you had some farm experiences! SL - keep walking!!!! Dunno who else I missed, but keep on keepin' on!

Everyone take good care of yourselves in the meantime, and I guess there will be a new thread by then for May!

Cate!
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #99
Big Yapper!

Holy @%#! What a wonderful trip you are going on! God bless you each and every day of it. I'm so green with envy! Take lots of pics. Have you been there before? Wow, honey. Truly thrilled for you. Way to bring in the big 5-0!!

Yep! We'll be on the May thread when you get back. Enjoy yourself! You can diet any time, but this trip sounds like it's a once-in-a-lifetime occasion. Just try to maintain and not regain. The regains are just as tough to lose as they were the first time around. TRUST me; I know.

"Free your mind and your @$$ will follow."

My Journal.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Thanks, Cheryl! I'll do my best to enjoy it for everyone I know.
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody!
Cate- glad I dropped in before you went off. Just had to say Bon voyage and have the greatest time. Come back all tanned and happy and we will get back to work.
cheryl- I was away at a workshop and it was so busy I had no time to go online.
Well at the doc we had a peek at baby and this is some active kid. Already moving about and doing tumbles the whole time we were peeking in. I am healthy and good. doc says I was 11 wks and 2 days on Monday so now I am 11 wks and 6 days. tomorrow I will be exactly 12 weeks! YaY
I am feeling good and able to work well. Just had no time to go to the gym for a swim.
Take care on the farm and enjoy.
Right now I am starting to pick up weight so soon i will start letting people know.

Take care everybody!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #102
Big Yapper!

!!! YEA!! Praise the Lord! I'm so happy to see that he/she is an active, happy kid already. Will keep praying and thanking Him for listening and blessing you.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl- yes. It is a relief. Doc said that if I heard nothing from him by Thursday then blood tests were are good. SO now I breathe properly.
Hope all is good on your side.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
Hey Ladies.

Shocking News:
my ex (who abused my boys) killed himself. I don't know any more than that. I am honestly not surprised, he was a very sick man. But I was shocked.
I have decided not to tell the boys at this point. They are happy and adjusting well to our move and I don't want to dredge up the past and risk the chance that they will feel some guilt. I guess Karma works faster in some cases and slower in others.

My eating has been all over the place. One day totally clean - the next - I know stress is kicking my butt. My emotions are haywire and of course don't forget to add the lovely periomenopausal symptoms - and you have a chocolate/pizza eating monster (and - No - there have been no chocolate pizzas but if i found one - i would probably eat it. )

On to more pleasant news:
I got a sort-of part-time work-from-home type job. I will be making bracelets to sell. It's for a non-profit that helps disabled vets. The materials will be provided and I will get $3.00 per bracelet. I know - lame as hell. But I figure if I knock out 100/week - I'll be earning grocery money. So I'm giving it a shot. I pick up the materials Saturday.

I've got homework to do. I'm now in charge of my husband's statistics II class. I'm making a C and proud of it.

Ok - so a totally selfish post. No reference to how wonderful you ladies are or how much effort you have made or your accomplishments. Boy - I suck.

but I wish you all
Love & Light

Donna

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah!!!!!

My sis-in-law gave birth to her 6th daughter yesterday. A very health 7lb 2oz bundle of sugar named Margaret Katherine.

Happy Birthday Niece.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

YAY Lola - healthy babies are a gift from G-d.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #107
Big Yapper!

Lost my post. Holy smokes, Donna. I can't believe that about your ex. I think withholding the information from your boys is the right thing to do for now. They've got enough to deal with as it is. Do you think the boys will be greatly affected by knowing their biological dad is gone? What a sad thing.

I'm glad you've found a way to bring some cash into the house. Thank God you didn't get involved in something that requires you to put out your own money to get started. Those things are always scams.

Chocolate pizza? Sounds like something I'd like, too. I've been snarfing up a storm ever since I made a date to go on an innocent lunch with my sister today. I've been noshing on everything ever since. I think I've fallen so far off the wagon that I can only see the dust trail ahead of me as it's pulling out of sight.

I think I'm going to make peace with where I am and who I am, and just focus on the gym and working out really hard and really often and stop worrying about what I put in my mouth. I'm so tired of it all.

On a brighter note, I did a little gardening with my landlady today. She came over with 20 bags of mulch and worked on the areas that have flowers. She still needs more bags but she got a lot of it done. I helped her bring the bags from her truck to the beds and I stayed outside with her and we talked for 3 hours. Then I had to hurry and get ready to go pick up my Mother and meet my sister at Chili's.

My Mom ordered "crispy tacos" thinking they were hard-shelled tacos. They were crispy chicken strips inside a floppy flour tortilla. I ordered bacon ranch quesadillas and I ended up swapping meals with her. We ended up sharing both. It sucks when you order something and it's not what you thought it would be. I was content because the thing I really wanted was the chips and queso and beer. I was all set before the meal ever arrived.

It's been overcast, mild and breezy. Was the perfect day for gardening and now it's going to be a stormy night. I'm home and have nowhere to go. And since I spent the last few days cleaning my apartment in preparation for the landlady to come with an Appraiser to see what the house was currently worth (for refinancing), I can rest and relax in my tidy little comfy home.

Thank you Lord for all you've given me. I love you!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! I'm happy to see all is well in the camp!

Cate - I'm sorry I missed you happy bon voyage!

Lola - It's always happy news knowing you and baby are doing well. Continue to take care of yourself and stay happy!

Cheryl - I'm glad you guys are having some decent weather over there. The gardening sounds like fun (although I'm afraid of every living creature out there ) I promised a friend that I was going to buy some large containers and start a little veggie garden. I think October is the best time to start gardening over here, so I'm gonna definitely try to keep my promise, let's just pray those humming birds and huge butterflies don't come near me. I'll probably pee up myself!

I seem to be doing well with the callanetics - I'm down 1/2" in the upper & lower hip and right thigh; I'm also down 1" in the waist & chest. Since I was checking measurements I decided to check the scale and I'm down .6lbs yeah, yeah I know it's not much but I'm always happy for a loss, especially when it means my clothes are getting bigger.

I'm still at it with walking and my feet are aching. Believe it or not I managed 400+ miles since starting the latter part of Feb. I think I have 300+ miles before finally leaving Virginia and hitting Kentucky, I estimate that to be in another 2 months.

So here's where I am now - New River, VA

walk.jpg

Cheryl - I know what you mean about the eating, I haven't been eating as clean as I should have. As a matter of fact I just ate a large bowl of pea soup that was loaded with ham & dumplings I gotta get a better grip on my eating, maybe on Monday, BF and I will be going out for ice cream tomorrow. I know, I know not good at all.

Will chat later
Old 04-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #109
Big Yapper!

You can't argue with success, Sherry! You're doing more right things than wrong things, so you're tipping the scales in the desired direction. I wish you weren't afraid of all the little and larger creatures. I love things as long as they don't bite me. Moths that fly up your nose and into your eyes are something I hate, too. But Butterflies and Humming Birds? They mean no harm.

Hope everyone out there is having a nice weekend. I'm doing nothing of value today but got a lot of rest. Spent the day with my Cissy and that makes her happy.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! I managed to get my butt up this morning and go to church, here lately I've been missing most Sunday's I prefer early morning service (7am) so I can have the remaining of the day to myself. It's slightly overcast today, so I'm hoping to have a long lazy day. Plans for going out for ice cream will definitely be cancelled, especially if it rain. but, maybe that's a good thing. Have a great Sunday everybody, will be back later to chat!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody- Happy Monday!
Cannot believe how fast thsi month has flit by.
Donna- my word! so much has happened. What an awful man! and he took the easy way out by killing himself- yet again not thinking about his kids. Some people! Glad you were there to protect your boys. Great news on making gorcery money. any word on your hubby and the job hunt? hoping something comes his way.
cheryl- glad you are having some warm weather. Yum pizza and beer. Beer is now a distant memory for me. enjoy all the good times with mom. wish my moms were closer. Miss them lots right now.
SL- wow! that walking is really making a difference. Are you thinking of investing in agood pair of walking shoes as a reward? that may help with the tired feet.
Did food shopping this weekend so plan to eat well this week.
Hope that you are all well. Take care and have a fabulous week.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Hi
Just reporting that I made it to the gym today and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. I find myself treating my body as if it is this fragile egg. Will I be like this for the next months ahead?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi
Just reporting that I made it to the gym today and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. I find myself treating my body as if it is this fragile egg. Will I be like this for the next months ahead?
Lola - sounds like you're on your way to having a healthy baby Who knows how the remaining months will turn out but for now you're doing a great job staying healthy keep up the good work! Take care.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #114
Big Yapper!

But Lola, your sober for a great cause! May it be about 9 months before you can drink again. (I know you're already a month or two in it, but maybe you'll choose to nurse.) I know; I am blessed to still have my Mom and to be close to her. I love her but people get so bewildering when their age starts to show. I will be patient and kind, knowing I will likely be just the same way when I'm 81.

Lola, you treat your body as carefully as you want to. It can't hurt the little one inside you to be careful. Do you have a feeling what sex it is yet? Does it feel like when you had LG? Sometimes people can sense a difference in how they feel or something that they crave. Just wondering what your gut feeling is about the baby's sex.

Sherry, sorry I didn't respond yesterday. Was too busy eating all the wrong things. I'm sure I said this already but I'm completely off plan and probably (most definitely) won't be getting back on board. I apologize for all my back and forths. I know it sucks to be cheering me on only to then find that I've bailed yet again. I'm just so over dieting. I have to just do something moderate that I can live with.

With Summer coming, I think I'm going to be eating foods that go along with hot weather. I did that a couple of summers ago and I lost weight eating that way. It was nice and so I will shoot for that again. I'm not sure I should keep posting on the Atkins thread, taking that into consideration. Maybe if I just don't talk about food? What do y'all think?

Okay. I gotta go. Work day today. See ya!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nurseratchett
Stats: 189/189/135
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: April 23, 2013
Giving this a shot

I tried Atkins '72 last year and dropped some weight, then tried the Atkins bars (supposedly okay for induction) and immediately stalled and had horrible carb cravings. My boyfriend had no clue what didn't have carbs ("what do you mean, Mexican Coke has carbs? That's a stupid diet" and brought home all sorts of "treats" for me)

I announced I was going to restart and now his response is "okay, so we're keeping boiled eggs in the fridge and you're eating nothing but meat, right?"

So starting at 0000, I'm giving it a go. Tired of not being the energetic slender person I was in my early to mid twenties. Hitting 39 this year and am determined that by the time I'm 40, I will once again be slim, fit and feeling good.

Wish me luck.
nurseratchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #116
Big Yapper!

LUCK!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

another cold day here so I drinking tea but also eating a naartjie. Feel the need to have something with a citrus flavour.
Last night I made a lamb stew and it was fantastic. I added a non-LC ingredient, dumplings to give it a carby feel. Even without the dumplings it was fantastic.

Hey SL- thanks for the support.
cheryl- we have been on this thread for so long it would seem strange not to post here, even when not doing strictly Atkins 72. I don't know so I guess others will have to comment. I am not strictly Atkins either. I know of others who are also doing Atkins + or some other.
I see this as our home thread so I would not like to see you go. try out the summer foods WOE and see how it goes. Between your farm work and the drive to get active, you should start seeing some muscle.
nurseratchett- we are the same age so up until now we had the same goal - ride in the 40s looking fab and slim. I am pregnant right now but baby will be here by mid October so from December, I will be raring to go again. In the interim I plan to keep active and eat prpoerly for baby and me.
while I battle with morning nausea- I eat toast - not LC but then I've also cut back on fats for now.
I have my gym bag todday but debating whether to go to the gym on every alternative day

Take care everybody.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Hi - just reporting that I went to the gym at lunch time- decided it is better to break up my day at work by taking an hour to work out at the gym rather than sit at the office and freeze in my little corner.
Walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes -covered 4km! actually broke out into a sweat.
Hope you all have a great morning.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #119
Big Yapper!

WTG, Lola! That was quite a walk. Glad you made use of the time rather than shivering in your corner. Your stew sounds like it was yummy. I have no clue what that citrus thing is that you said you ate. Will have to google it.

Okay. I look at this as my "home thread," too. So I'll hang here with y'all but won't go into detail about what I'm eating. I just hope the weight starts coming off in a big hurry. Lord knows how hard I'm working at the farm. I'm going to head back to the gym very soon, too. Even if it's just to swim or to row. I know I should do free-weights as well but I might have to work up to that. The main thing is to just GO there. That's always the hardest part. So once I get in the habit of going, all sorts of good things can happen.

Have a lovely day, everyone!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Having a great time on this side- no walking today but definitely tomorrow.
Cheryl- a naartjie is part of the orange family - also called a mandarine.
It is round like an orange, a bit flatter on the two ends and infinitely easier to peel.
I agree that this is our home thread. Maybe will not post foods as well as it may cause confusion for newbies. I need to post to stay accountable and not go food crazy which I am fully capable of doing.
I had a chat to my SIL who is also pregnant, she is much younger than me- at least 15 years younger and she could not understand why I would want to be active while pregnant. Hmm maybe being pregnant at 24 is not the same as being pregnant at 39!
Hope you are all well.