Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Hi all! DIdn't get on the scale this a.m., but probably up a little bit - a pizza birthday party threw me off track this weekend. But pretty happy with me overall these days, so not sweating it. Swam this morning, pleased with that!

Too much has been posted since last I posted - everybody is moving along! Go you all!

Cate!
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #62
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Can read about my day on my journal if you want to. It was a busy one. Now it's bedtime. Hugs to everyone here!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

Hope that you are all well.
I am now in week 10 and going well.
Cheryl- I have picked up .6kg. No hassel as I am still dealing with nausea especially when I wake up.
No exercise except for casual walking around my area.

SL- I use the birthday smiley a lot to celebrate big and small things. It does cause soem confusion on the thread. But it is not my bday- it is in August-A long way away.
Cate- shrug off the pizza and move on.
I've done SA callenetics from DVD as well as an instructor for 2 years. I felt great doing it but stopped after I went through some emotional stuff. SL - I suspect that the US version is probably more strenuous based on what I've read on the exercise threads buut I could not source those versions out in SA.

Take care everybody.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
Doctor's scale said 191.4
I have to say - I'm pleased. I know it's WAY higher than I should be but it means i haven't gained anymore since we've been here. Haven't lost any either - but considering the way i've been eating - it could be much worse. and i've been pretty good lately. did have pizza one day but otherwise been pretty clean.
Hubby had an interview this morning. pray for us ladies! (thank you)

ok - will go read everybody's stuff now. MWAH!
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SeattleMorena
Stats: 163/154.6/128
Start Date: March 26, 2013
It seems like everyone is happy and doing what they need to do. I haven't gotten on the scale due to TOM so next week I will weight and see what is going on. I've been sticking to the plan. My trousers are big and loose
SeattleMorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #66
Big Yapper!

Not much to say since I'm not weighing, but waving goodnight.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Weight back down to 64.1kg. can't figure this out. This is a bit of acrazy week as I am working a half day at the office and the rest from home as the person who took my LG to school and got her back home suddenly cnanot do it anymore. I have got to arrange this until I find an alternative plan. Ugh! so much to and fro.
donna- sending you special prayers that hubby gets the job. Glad that he has not given up on a job.

Take care and have a great day everybody!
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #68
Big Yapper!

Lola, I'm sorry for the change in routine. I hope you can find a replacement for her fast. I like your new siggy! Happy detouring!

I'm still marching onward but I'm feeling bloated and waterlogged. Gone is that shrinking feeling I had. I'm not sure why but I am going to be careful this week and see if I can get that feeling back. I need it more than want it, and I want it really really really bad.

Farm day for me. Looks like we are going to get a little shower. Not windy, though! Have a lovely day, everyone.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Up working on something at 3am so maybe will see some of you up as well for a change. Like Kiwi we work and play when you all in the States are asleep so we post a different times.
I forgot how much i like a challenge and a deadline. Miss that about publishing- eek! did I just say that after complaining incessantly for two years that publishing was destroying my health and family as it demanded too much of me?
Maybe after the baby is here I can take up some hobby that has an adrenalin rush attached to it so that I stop looking for it in my work.
Cheryl- the situation with LG is a bit annoying as I cannot find a solution right now. Work through the bloating- could it be the pork? - salt?
Good going on the not weighing. At least you can start taking CIsco out for short walks as the weather is warming up. I find it very funny as I seem to be living life in reverse form you all. Took out all my winter clothes and checked them for this year. Glad they are all big so that I can wear them deep into the pregnancy.

I am eating a lot more fresh food with a higher carb count. More fruit and raw veg as it does seem to be helping with nausea.

Seattle Morena- forgot to for the loose pants syndrome. Love it that you are seeing great results. soon you will be tossing out those pants in time for Summer.

Take care everybody and have a great day!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #70
Big Yapper!

Hi, Lola. I see that you're still on. It's 10:40pm here in CT. When you posted and said it was 3am, it was 10 here. See? We're not so separated after all!

I don't know what is happening with my body right now. I ate very little of the pork. It didn't taste right so I ditched it. I'm not sure what the deal is. I looked back in my food journal and there is no big "aha moment." I'll look through it again.

Get some sleep. You and the babe need rest.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Hi lola thanks for the encourage.. I'm on TOM and feel like a bloated cow I'm not going to weigh until next Wednesday or Thursday. The loose pants does help and let's me know that I'm on my way. My size 12s are loose now and I can wear my old navy size 10 jeans they are tight but zip up.. My goal is to get into a size 6 jeans regardless of my weight if I'm in a size 6 comfortably that is where I will stop.

I had to remind myself the scale addict I am, we wear clothes by size not weight. I really do need a 10 step program

When is you little one due lola? I can imagine the morning sickness is not fun at all, but glad the raw veggie is helping
Old 04-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl- I am thinking end October some time. Doc will confirm I am sure on Monday.
Wearing size 12s are not bad. I am in size 14s and those are a tad snug right now.
Size 6 sounds good- was this where you were before?
You can do this for your health!
Hope you are all well.
REally cold out here.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Hi Lola yes a size 6 is where I was before. I just got lazy over the Yeats and put on the weight. Yes I know I can and will do it
Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #74
Big Yapper!

October is a nice month to have a baby. For you, that will be Spring. For us, we'll be heading into another snowy, icy winter. (Can't think about that right now!)

I just made myself a taco salad. I didn't have any "taco seasoning" and just used chili powder, dried cilantro, salt and pepper. I turned one of my ripe Avocados into guacamole with some sour cream, garlic powder, salt and Picante sauce (like salsa but less chunky.) The taco salad lacked heat so next time I'll follow someone else's directions. But still, yum! Especially the guac.

Wow. I got really distracted. I started this post about 40 minutes ago. Going to end it now. Just went and gave my shedding dog a thorough brushing. Can't wait until I have enough money in hand to get her clipped all the way down for the summer.

Have a nice evening/night, everyone.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi guys, it's nice to see everyone is still hanging in there.

Cheryl - thanks for the advice on the watermelon but to be honest, watermelon is my most favor-ist fruit in the world especially during the summer months. It's the only thing that can keep me cooled down other than Popsicle, but that's not a fruit. I know cantaloupes have a lower carb intake but cantaloupes make me hungry, so I have to go for the watery fruit. I'm praying, the walking will keep the pounds down. Let's In short, I don't mind giving up bread, chips and candy but I gotta have my watermelon The peaches are 5 carbs so I won't hurt my head over those.

I'm still keeping up with my virtual tour across America and I managed to drop 2.2 lbs. I'm now down to 169.4 I hesitated about weighing in but I got my 10 x 10 Callanetic dvd Wednesday and one of the things I read about was that I should weigh myself and take measurements. Apparently the muscle toning will cause me to pack on some pounds but I should see a drop in inches. This is a pic that was posted when someone queried about Callanetics slowing down weight loss.

callanetics.jpg

I need all the prayers in the world to get to this level

Oh, getting back to my walk...I surpassed my goal for the week and managed 51 miles (my goal is 50). I'm now in Paris Mountain, VA. From my understanding I have another 400+ miles to go before getting out of VA, quite disheartening Here's where I am now

walk.jpg

How can you not fall in love with this place. I decided to kick off my sneakers and frolic in the grass for a while. I can only imagine how beautiful the stars are at night...

I'm still keeping up with my wall pushups of 50 per day - excluding the weekends.

My studies are coming along okay and I'm hoping to have them completed by the end of May or the first week of June.

Lola - I'm sure your morning/night sickness will be over soon and you'll be able to eat some other types of food, but at least you're eating lots of veggies which are good for you. Just take it easy.

No studies for the weekend so I'll be back again tomorrow.

Take care!

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)

Last edited by sldeal; 04-13-2013 at 06:53 PM..
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #76
Big Yapper!

Sherry, you're an animal! What drives you to keep going with your fitness routines? I envy you that drive and dedication. When I'm not working my tail off at the farm, I am flat on my @$$ relaxing at home. Well, I have to do all the things that human beings need to do like shopping, housework, and all that stuff but otherwise, I love to kick back.

I didn't realize it had been three days since anyone posted over here. Thanks for blowing off the dust and reviving us again. I'm still going strong and staying off the scale. Sometimes I feel like I'm under 200 but I am still waiting to see where I'm at. I'm not even at the middle of the month so that's really pushing it.

Had another class/orientation for the newbies at the farm today. No rain! All went well. I think that's the last one they have scheduled before program begins on the 29th. Now all we have to do is put it all together and make it look like we know what we're doing! Easier said than done.

Donna, I hope you and your hubby have heard something good on the job front. Lola, I hope you're feeling a bit better and moving right along (baby-wise, not weight-loss wise.) What ever happened to Genevieve? She came and then she was gone again. I'm missing all our members who used to post but have gone astray. Who's still out there?

Night, everyone. Bedtime. Taxes tomorrow. I have all documents and all forms. Had no idea how difficult it would be to round up the forms this late in the game. It was a wild goose chase! Then I had to do the chase all over again because I chose the wrong form. Long story which I won't be wasting my time to tell.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl - believe me, I don't always have this drive. Some mornings I wake up feeling tired and drained and then I think about my vacation coming up in July. I had gained so much weight over the past 3 years I'm just happy to have finally gotten rid of it. Actually, I just want to get into a size 10 and call it quits. If I get any lower than that I'll be happy, if not I'll still be happy, at least I'm finally out of 14/16. I would love to tone up, which is why I'm excited about callanetics (by the way thanks for steering me to that forum ) there's so much flab around my middle, something I'm not accustom to so I hope it works.

I do have some partners for the Virtual Walk Across America and I think we keep each other motivated. Although my challenge is 50 miles a week I don't think it will be at that rate for long. Between studies, painting, walking & callanetics, oh and work I'm a dead log some days , but hopefully it will all be worth it in July

Well it's really hot over here now, but it's not the heat that gets to me it's the humidity. But then I think it's good for my complexion (my sister compares it to a sauna ) so I try not to complain, especially since I have my watermelon in the fridge calling my name.

Oh, Cheryl, how's yoga classes coming along? Or did you post something and I missed it? If you think the scale is going to disappoint you, don't go on it. Perhaps hide it under your bed or something until you're ready to step on it... I keep mine in the guest bathroom, therefore I'm not tempted to step on it every day or every 5 minutes.

I'll chat again next week.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #78
Big Yapper!

I'm in 16's myself. It's a horrible size to have to be in. I don't think I ever got lower than size 12's, even when I was at my lowest weight in September of 2011. I'm glad you have pals to walk across America with!

No yoga classes or any other classes yet. I was just thinking out loud. I haven't set foot back in the gym yet, but when I do, it will be to swim and soak my tired "farm body" in the hot tub. It's so weird how I can go regularly when I'm going and it feels totally natural and wonderful and "right" and when I get out of the habit of going, it's like trying to work my way out of wet concrete to get back there. :/ I think part of it is the shame of being recognized by people who saw you coming regularly and then disappear. That's stupid, but it's just one of my "excuses." But honestly, it has no effect on my decision to go. I just don't think about it at all. And I work so hard at the farm, part of me thinks that should be enough!

My scale is in the bathroom, tucked under some open shelving. It doesn't usually call my name unless I feel pretty slim. That feeling is so hard to come by right now. It's just going to take time and diligence to get farther down the line, where weighing won't be such a traumatic thing. We are dead-center in April. I began on the last day of March. What could I possibly be expecting at this early stage? I'm doing what I know is the right stuff to do. It will either work or it won't. I will do what is in my power to control and hope that is enough.

to all my Atkins buddies today! Please come say hello. It's lonely on here today.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl stay positive. I was like you, once I gained all this weight back I didn't want to show my face in the gym, so I'm happy I didn't. I think I'm working twice as hard at home, plus I'm saving money that I can use on vacation for some much needed new clothes . The best part about working out at home is I don't have to throw on lots of clothes, a sports bra, panties and sneakers and I'm ready go at it! No miserable shorts or tops and I love it!

Why don't you figure out what it is you really enjoy doing (exercise wise) and do it. I know you're probably tired from working on the farm all day, so what about taking a stroll with your dog or check out some videos on youtube something you'll be comfortable with.

You know what really keeps me motivated? I have a picture on my desk of when I was much smaller (size 9/10 or 7/8). One of my colleagues saw the picture and asked if it was my sister, he couldn't believe it was me! That's how much my features changed, to be honest I never payed attention before, but now I do. Maybe I'm vain, but because I'm old doesn't mean I want to look old (smile).

You guys keep me motivated also. We're all struggling with our weight issues, and although we're far from our ultimate goal, we do try to support and encourage each other.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so wordy, I guess I miss posting . Have a great evening and keep us posted on any new decisions.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #80
Big Yapper!

PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG, BUT I NEED TO VENT. I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh about "find something you love and do that." I'm doing that! The horses and the farm. It's so much work that you can't even imagine. No offense but people who do literal exercise classes or something that actually qualifies as an exercise on a calorie counting website can't grasp how much work and calorie expenditure is involved in farm work.

You won't meet any farmers at the gym, I kid you not! All they have to do is go take care of all the crap that is in need of doing and the crap keeps right on coming. Farm work is never done! But it is a labor of love, so that is why I bring it up. I have found something I love doing, and I am doing it, but it isn't your typical "exercise."

I've considered bench pressing a bucket of water or doing those chin lifts with a goat, but it just wouldn't work out well. I'm not making fun, just trying to get my point across. Hoisting bales of hay from the hay room into the hay cart, carrying buckets of water from the water spigot to each stall or run-in or paddock (sometimes you have a hose, sometimes you don't), pushing wheelbarrows all the way up the hill to the top of the paddock and then filling it with one pile of manure after another (I learned after a while to not load the manure at the bottom and then push up the hill and get the rest! Better to start at the top and let gravity work for you.)

And that's not even mentioning the ground. It's muddy and hoof-(or pock-marked) from all the horses walking through the muck and running. It's like pushing a cart across the moon! Only on the moon, there is little gravity.

I am seriously wasted when I'm done with just a typical day of farm work. But then there are the days (which are growing in number each week) where I'm in the arena learning to do the long-lining. I'm trying to direct the horse from 15 or 20 feet behind him or her and to the left or right of their hips, and I'm alternately walking or "trotting" along with him or her, as the director "directs."

It's WORK! When I come home, I have to work up the energy to peal off my sweaty clothes, somehow get my boots off my sweaty feet, feed the dog, get cleaned up and into my PJ's and then make something to eat. OMG! Sometimes I'd rather just crawl to the bed and say F it all!

And don't forget that this is all OUTDOORS! Sometimes I'm out there in the driving rain or snow or ice, etc. It's a real comedy! This is just a small window into my world but I wanted to let you in because it's so not understood. I see threads asking "How did you workout today?" Nobody will give you the time of day when you tell them you worked doing what I do. It's pretty hysterical, really.

I hear ya regarding working out at home in privacy and barely clothed. I have to wear boots that come up above the ankle so it's kind of hard to find summer clothes that don't look really ridiculous, unless you are lean, mean and wearing shorts. I'm not there yet!

Okay; I feel a little better now. Forgive me but I will now step off the podium and go to bed. I meant no harm, just had to say what was on my mind. FARMERS WORK THEIR ASSES OFF! And I wonder if even the animals give a damn at the end of the day.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
I so get you.We moved to a derelict farm that needed 10 workers to get it on its feet.There ended up being two women,myself and my flatmate(roommate)as our partners were working off farm to pay set up costs and the kids were too young to be much help.

I lost 10kg(22lb) in 10 weeks eating more than normal.It nearly killed me and I haven't wanted more than a quarter acre section since.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #82
Big Yapper!

Well Kiwi, I'm not losing any weight or inches from doing this work, just can't decide if it's taking years off my lifespan or adding to them. Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, as they say. Glad you can relate! But I do love the animals. If not for them, I'd find an indoor job with benefits.

ETA: But just look at them! Look at Charmed and Cowboy in my Avi and you won't have to wonder why I do what I do. I love them!!!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-14-2013 at 06:18 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I came out after various incidents loving all pigs,female sheep and chickens,mildly disliking cows,bulls and rams and loathing horses.

(Mainly depending who bailed me up,kicked me,tried to kill me or cost more than the humans did to run...)
Old 04-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

I couldn't do it again myself...
Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #85
Big Yapper!

Oh,.... I really don't think the animals react on any kind of hatred level, they just respond to the "vibes" and energy that we're giving off. That's what I'm learning from the program director who is also a Reiki Master. It's a real trip, my little job! God only knows where it will lead.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

More just if a 5lb chicken throws a wobbly because a noisy truck goes past and tries to run away it is no big deal but when an 800lb cow does the same thing it is $5oo damage to the chicken run fences and two near death collisions with humans who happened to just be in her way.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #87
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
More just if a 5lb chicken throws a wobbly because a noisy truck goes past and tries to run away it is no big deal but when an 800lb cow does the same thing it is $5oo damage to the chicken run fences and two near death collisions with humans who happened to just be in her way.
OMG! There isn't a sufficient smiley to deal with this post. Clearly your farm experience was more "wide spread" than mine is. I'd love to hear about the near death collisions though, when you have the time.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Just a silly half beef,half dairy beast who was a big lass for her age got scared because a truck made a noise passing the farm and tried to run THROUGH myself and my housemate(she veered off at the last moment as she wasn't being malicious just spooked),then tried to climb a wire netting fence to the huge hen run tearing it to shreds in multiple places and bending some posts until she finally realised where her mother and paddock mate had both gone and followed them.It really explained the nasty statement 'silly cow'...
Old 04-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

the ram hated and butted everyone,the billy goat attacked people and turned up in the mud room of the house and the horses ate us out of house and home.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

I had kunekune pigs (like vietnamese pot bellies but more farm suitable)They were so lovely.They went to friends farms and the last one passed from old age but I still miss them especially my boar Parker who followed like a dog,waiting at gates.