Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
March madness for Atkins 72

Hi Everybody
It is now March and it is time to get it right and get it done!
Come on over.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm here!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl- great to see you.
It is Sunday and I am working on a manual so family is not too keen on me right now. Ah well, I reasoned that I will need to take my LG to the doctor on Tuesday as she has some sort of rash on her leg. I will need the time off from work so this is a good trade off. Work on sunday for time off on Tuesday.
I have managed to stave off cravings for more than a week now and yet I still have enormous battles all the time. Yesterday after the funeral of my friend's fiance I had lunch with my family at a steak place. I had ribs and a salad but I was so tempted by fries. I stayed strong but I wish I did not feel the need to eat that stuff all the time and the scale is not rewarding me in any way!
I actually saw an increase in the scale number and my pants are not any way looser. What gives? I am eating more fats and keeping it LC. I have not stopped my daily drink so maybe I need to get rid of that as well?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Just about to eat curried eggs and an OMM made in a soup plate to resemble a hamburger bun. I generally eat half an OMM in a sitting.
OMM made up of flax powder, baking powder, salt, powdered cinnamon, one egg and melted butter. The melt butter seems to give me better textured OMMs.
Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry you aren't seeing results on the scale. One thing I've found in the past is when I'm super tempted to eat something or eat more than I should, and I resisted that temptation, eventually I'd see a large drop on the scale. Maybe the fat cells are what cause the temptations. If you were them, you'd be doing your very best to stay plump and ready for the next big famine, right?

I'm really proud of you, Lola. You will be rewarded for your faithfulness. Maybe the nightly drinkypoo is the problem. See how it goes without it. I'm so glad the funeral is behind you.

I like your idea for making the OMM larger and thinner. I thought those were the best bread substitute I ever found when LC'ing.

I have a birthday pizza party today for my sister Teresa. She's 55 now. That's at 5pm and I'm picking up my Mother at 4:30. I bought a little Entenmann's yellow cake with chocolate frosting and also bought some colored sprinkles to put on top, and Mom's bringing the candles. It's hard to stick a candle in a pizza crust.

Have a great weekend. Oh! I almost forgot about your LG. I hope her rash is just something that needs some prescription cream applied. I hope it's not too bad. Get well, LG!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl- Is it just us for now?
Monday morning here. I am so annoyed with the scale right now. I stepped on and it read 66.5kg and I did not have anything illegal not even a drink. Last I had a drink was on Saturday evening.
Breakfast yesterday was curried eggs and lunch was more curried eggs with half an OMM. I had the other half of the OMM with a sardine and some humburger meat.
I know that TOM should be around soon but this spike in weight has me abit concerned. Should I be doing something else?
I need to figure this out.
Cheryl- I hope that you are right. I am staying right on plan as I have no other choice but to stay the path.
I want the drop in number on the scale and more importantly I want to see my clothes get loose. Hope that you had a great party.

Hope all is well and have a great day.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
Big Yapper!

Lola, maybe it's the flax seed in the OMM. Sometimes even though it's considered to be fiber and has few "net carbs", our body's can react differently to them. I wish it weren't that way, but it could be the common denominator in your tale of woe. Can you stop using that for a few days and see how the scale responds?

Don't give up the fight, or hope. Just drop the Flax stuff for now and see if that helps.

It does appear to be "just you and me" right now. Where did everybody go? The party was great. Everything went very well and it was a lot of laughter and love. The pizza was just okay, the salad was nice (yummy balsamic vinaigrette) and the beer was the best part of the whole meal. We went through two pitchers of draft. My eldest sister and her husband took care of one whole pitcher just between themselves! The other one was split three ways, but I drank more than my share. Mom didn't have much and my Bro-in-law stopped me from topping off his glass the second time.

It's been very cold with snow flurries flying all day long and they're still flying right now. It's after 9 pm and it's the weirdest thing to see flurries for so many hours and have no accumulation. Not that I'm complaining! I'm finished with Winter and just aching for Spring. Where's the off switch?

Lola, it's been a very sad week for you, with your friend's husband-to-be dying that way. You're body is going through the stress of all that and it might not even be what you're eating so much as it is what you're feeling. I'm just sending you some love tonight (today) and I hope things start moving along better for you. I know that they will. There is a reason and there is an answer.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Big Yapper!

PS: Donna (Labyrinth) wrote me and I gave her your email. She said she misses you. I hope that's all right.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
Hey Ladies!
How y'all been?
I'm not on plan at all but wanted to stop by and say hey.
Love life in CO.
need a job still but really love the activity level of the people and all the things to do.
Made a few friends but that's hard for me in real life.
hope you are all well and skinny!

Love & Light
Labyrinth
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl- its cool to send Donna my e-mail. will be great to hear from her.
thanks for the tip. Will cut out the flax. I am eating nuts (hazelnuts) as a snack and at the moment they are a lifesaver especially when I have the munchy attack.
Donna- Great to hear from you. Love that CO is good to you. As long as hubby is employed, I am sure a great teaching job will come along. Are the kids all getting along?
I am working form home today so I am upping my fats a lot to see if I can shake things up. I got some cream cheese and I plan to slap on butter on everything. I started tracking on my tracker and just 2 mugs of tea with cream and some curried eggs (2) takes me to almost 13 carbs! and I thought I was keeping my carbs much lower.
hope you all have a great day.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi guys just dropping by to say good morning. Sorry I didn't get a chance to visit over the weekend.

I'm still getting my walk in, I managed 15 miles over the weekend and another 3 this morning, I'm like 12+ miles from Glendale, VA. Looks like I'm going to be in VA for a while, but I'm enjoying it.

I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm now 175! that's a drop of 1.6 lbs. I guess all that walking is helping, so I'll stick with it, although my legs are a bit sore this morning.

I'm going to have a busy morning, so I'll catch up this afternoon and post again.

Enjoy everybody!

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuluIzzyCro
Stats: 174/174/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Sunday, March 3, 2013
Hi to all of you. Just started on Atkins '72 yesterday. It helped me in the past, hope I can stick to it now. Just seems the older I get the harder it is to take off the pounds. I did the Scarsdale diet in January and lost 14 lbs. on that but need a change now. Have got to also start exercising. Bye for now guys, have a great day!
LuluIzzyCro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lulu
glad to see you around. i am also committed to exercise.
SL- that walking is definitely getting rid of the lbs.
I have staved off craving for another day. I had lots of tea.
supper is coleslaw and more hamburger meat cooked with roma tomatoes.
Off to the doctor tomorrow to get my LG checked out.
Will chat to him about my issues as well.
Hubby is away so no drinks after dinner- I like company for a drink.
Will definitely keep away from flax for a while. I want to make a panna cotta dessert. WIll pick up some gelatin and cream and give it a shot.
hope you are all well.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
Big Yapper!

Wow! All we did was mention the obvious (that it was just you and me, Lola) and up they appear! ladies. Nice to see you here. Sounds like you are all off to a good start. Donna, ! Sherry, you crack me up with your walking through VA and then onward West. Do you walk on a treadmill or are you outdoors?

Lola, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those Hazelnuts could be your problem, too. Nuts are dangerous for me to keep in the house when I'm LCing because they are too easy to over-eat. If you're particularly sensitive to the nut carbs, that could be your trouble.

I have the farm this afternoon and it is very windy and cold. Will be another typical winter day up there on the hill. Winter just doesn't want to let us go. Eventually it will have to.

Have a nice day, everyone. Ttyl.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl- I knew at the back of my mind that this is probably one of the reasons I am not losing. I don't eat too many though.
Just had supper.
Now for a bit of work- it is the end stretch so just need to buckle down and get it done.
Hope all is well on your side.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Big Yapper!

I hope they give LG some cream to take care of that rash tomorrow. I'm sure it will heal right up with the right cream. Have a great night, Lola. Sleep well.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Lola – thanks for starting “March Madness” the name alone tells me I have to work extremely hard this month to meet my challenge.

I think in February I had posted that I had to come off of the flax for awhile because it retains water. I agree with Cheryl, that may be your problem, you might be retaining lots of water plus if it’s almost time for TOM…It’s a pity though because I was really enjoying MM especially the chocolate MM’s. Oh another thing, go over your journal and look at foods you were eating when you were losing weight and the foods you’re eating now. That might help you to identify your problem. I know it sucks; my ultimate goal is to wear a size 10, once I can make it there to heck with the scales and everything else, I just want to be in maintenance, it’s hell trying to figure out what you should and shouldn't eat and what’s okay to eat but you shouldn't eat, like nuts, blah, blah, blah. This weight thing is a major pain in the arse at times. But don’t give up; if you haven’t already you might have to throw in some kind of exercise. Or, like me you might have to combine LC with another WOE to get it working. Right now I’m doing LC along with Fast5 plus walking across the United States! Next month I might be swimming across the Atlantic or swinging across trees, like I said earlier, once I get into a size 10 I’m never gaining this way back again if I can help it, trying to lose weight is too complicated and definitely not worth the stress & headache!

I like your curried eggs, I remember you posting the recipe in our Feb forum, the next time I get an irking for a quick curry dish I’ll have to give it a shot.

Cheryl no I don’t have a treadmill; I walk by Leslie Sansone’s walk at home video’s. I was able to locate several on YouTube – 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile & 5 mile walk, she really keeps you moving & sweating. When I have a chance I have to look for my pedometer so I can start walking outside. We’re having some nice cool weather that’s excellent for walking. It’s just a matter of remembering where I put it; all I remember is that I put it someplace where I wouldn't forget… I’m so busy right now I just haven’t had a chance to look and I refuse to buy another one, the one I have has a bunch of crap on it that I liked. I’m trying to get some painting out the way plus I have some studies I have to complete before June, maybe it will find me.

Lulu & Labyrinth thanks for dropping by and I hope you stick around to share your success story with us.

Take care guys, I'll see if I can make it back later this afternoon.

Last edited by sldeal; 03-04-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Right now I’m doing LC along with Fast5 plus walking across the United States! Next month I might be swimming across the Atlantic or swinging across trees,

When I have a chance I have to look for my pedometer so I can start walking outside. We’re having some nice cool weather that’s excellent for walking. It’s just a matter of remembering where I put it; all I remember is that I put it someplace where I wouldn't forget…
Well, aren't you the comedian today! I enjoyed reading your post very much. I had forgotten you said that about the walking DVDs. My sister used to do one all the time and she loved it so much that she bought one for me, but I just couldn't get into it. I think it's the same woman.

Just waving hello tonight and then ducking into my warm, comfy bed. Cold and windy day at the farm. The horses were in rare form. Everywhere I looked, it was like a rodeo. I'm glad no one hurt themselves trying to relieve their stresses. The wind is probably the reason why they were so nuts today. It carries so many smells on it and it heightens their already hyper-acute awareness. In other words, "look out!"

In light of my near-misses the past couple of weeks, I am much more aware of the potential for accidents when working with them. I'm going to be thinking ahead and trying to foresee things before they occur. Yeah; crystal-ball like.

Night, sweeties. Off to bed I go. I'm off tomorrow and that makes me very happy. I think I might even do some laundry and clean up the kitchen. WAY over-due.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vita oldie
Stats: 160 want to be below 140
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2012
Hello everyone. Been away a very long time!
Fatal dinner in August led to gradually kidding myself that I could eat "just a little bit"!
All that work and I have to lose the 14lb I had lost-roll on 10st!
Will try to read some earlier posts from last August.
Interested in the curried eggs. Was it in a curry sauce or the ones I know-mayo+curry powder mixed with the yolk of hard boiled eggs? I love those but would love a curry sauce to ring the changes!
Eating celery and Philly!
Vita oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl I'm happy I was able to get a giggle out of you.

Well, my journey continued last night and this morning. Got in 10 miles. I was motivated to put in some 5 miles last night but I had to kick myself in the butt to walk 5 more this morning. I think I'm in Chickhominy, just saying that name have me craving some hot grits with butter & cheese. I think I'm about 2.48 miles from Glendale, VA. I can tell you I'm not too sure looking at this picture if I should continue my journey. Looks like I about to enter into a dark wooded area. Definitely not a place to spend the night. I think this evening I'm gonna try to shoot through there really fast.

Lola I hope everything goes okay with your LG and the rash she developed. Hopefully it's something really minor.

Cheryl who would have thought working at a farm could be so dangerous. I didn't realize it was the smells that spooked horses when it was windy, I always attribute it to the howling made by the wind. Thanks for educating me! It's your day off so don't work too hard in that kitchen today, you're going to need your rest for tomorrow's adventures.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #21
Big Yapper!

Hey, Vita! Welcome back! Nice to see you. Other than the regain, how have you been? Lola will have to tell you about the curried eggs. I've never made those. If memory serves, I think she may have written the recipe at the end of the February thread. Start at the last page and work backward. Good luck!

Sherry, this walking across America website is really something else. You make it sound like such a motivator. I still shake my head when I think of you; living in the Bahamas and doing your walking in front of the TV. I'd probably be the same way. How far are you from a beach or a nice park or trail?

There are a number of things about windy weather that get the horses antsy but the smells are one of them. They sense the changes in barometric pressure with the changing weather systems and their hearing is a lot more acute than ours. So is their vision (distance vision, anyway.)

Have a great day, ladies. I woke with the sun this morning and opened up all the blinds. Loaded the dishwasher, working on my second load of clothes, broke down some boxes and took them out to the recycle can (they haven't arrived yet) and I'm just doing things that have been weighing on me for a while. I feel so much better when my home is tidy and clean, though my procrastinator's attitude usually wins out.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Hi all - back to say hello. I'm bouncing around between 200.6 - 204, can't seem to get myself back down under that 200 mark! Par tof the problem is I'm really good during the week, but then on the weekend we go out with friends and... poof! Alcohol, yummy things, etc. I was shocked - it took two days to get back to purple after that. Ugh! So I'm going to have to keep my eating cleaner.

Oooo - celery and cream cheese. What a good idea!

What's OMM?

tscateh!
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cheryl. Very busy or very lazy! So many things to be done-get enthusiastic and spring clean-did about half the house and ran out of steam ( did it over several weeks so it wasn't loss of energy just why bother-still need doing tomorrow!) Several trips to London to do Granny duty-great fun! Definitely fitter after a few days. Seems the first half of each year is busy with preparations! Christmas-New Year-Valentine's-Mother's Day-Easter if no-one coming to stay I wouldn't bother but if Grandchildren around they love all the fun. Only Halloween and Guy Fawkes to add!
Celery and Philly give s me "the crunch factor which I miss" and I don't think it has too many carbs.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
I was doiing quite well untill I lost LG in the shopping mall after we went to the doctor. I think I must have aged 10 years in the moments that I could not find her. She just wandered off from the play area in front of the restaurant that we were at and left her shoes behind. I was scurrying around trying to find her until she finally decided to reveal herself.
I was so stressed and hyped I decided I needed comfort food so although my steak for lunch was perfectly LC, I had a Thai curry and rice for supper. I just had to have it and now I have.
The scale this morning shows 65.4kg so the salt and carbs have not immediately impacted the scale.
I am so going to up my exercise and see what hapens. Will post again as I see lots of people on the thread at the moment.

Have a lovely day everybody.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

A parent's/grandparent's nightmare.
Glad it ended well.
Remember your curry is not the end and you would have been in shock for ages and you probably still are. Go on from now.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Lola I can imagine the trauma you went through looking for your daughter. I've been through it, it's every mother's nightmare. I'm happy things worked out for the best though. Comfort food for me would have been apple pie w/ice cream and maybe a bag of chips along with a chocolate bar.

Cheryl I put in 5 miles last night and 5 this morning. I'm no where near a beach, but maybe there's a river somewhere close by. I'm still in Chickahominy, so I decided to do a little digging and found out that the Chickahominy are a tribe of Virginia Indians and their territory was along side the river now called Chickahominy River. So, that's my history lesson for today, my walk definitely wasn't in vain. Here's a glimpse of where I am now

walk.JPG

I'm 13.05 miles away from Mechanicsville, VA. Should I assume that's where people take their cars for repairs???
Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Back down to 202.4 (203.6 yesterday)... we'll see how this week goes!

Lola, glad you found your daughter quickly! (although it might not have seemed so at the time)
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #28
Big Yapper!

Lola! OMG. I was scared just reading what you went through, searching for your LG. I know you had no sense of time during that moment but how long was she missing? I'm so glad you found her and that all is well now. I can understand the need for comfort food after that. Comfort wine, too.

Sherry, I meant in the Bahamas, are you near the beach or a nice park or trail for outdoor walking. I know you're walking away from the beach in VA. Nice shot of the virtual place you're walking through, and good way to learn a little something new. Names of towns can be so strange. I think there's a place called "Truth or Consequences, NM."

ts, OMM stands for one minute muffin and they're made with flax meal, baking powder and a few other things. It's been so long since I made one that I can't remember the rest but they are pretty dog-gone good.

Vita, I'm tired just reading of your Granny duties and Spring cleaning. I got some good house chores done yesterday, too. I didn't get around to vacuuming but I'll do that and whatever is left to do in the next few days. I'll be stuck inside with this latest damn snow storm. It's already starting.

I have the farm today and it's going to be such a mess. Mixture of rain and snow with wicked wind. It wasn't supposed to really begin until tonight but we're in the outer bands of the system. I wonder what I'll find when I get there. No clue if the horses will be out in their paddocks or already turned in and munching hay in their stalls. I'll find out soon enough.

Time to go make a pot of coffee. Talk later? Okay.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Sherry, I meant in the Bahamas, are you near the beach or a nice park or trail for outdoor walking. I know you're walking away from the beach in VA. Nice shot of the virtual place you're walking through, and good way to learn a little something new. Names of towns can be so strange. I think there's a place called "Truth or Consequences, NM."
Nassau is 21 x 7 so I'm surrounded by the beach. The closest is 10-15 min away the farthest 20-30 min way pending traffic.

I heard you guys were having another storm that way, gosh, when will it ever end? Hope you fare well with this one like you did the previous. Bundle up well.

tscateh glad to see you're down again. Wishing you another loss for the week!

Last edited by sldeal; 03-06-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

I was so glad to find her. She has been acting up recently, just getting very stroppy - I am not the tough parent so she is trying to push boundaries.
I added CO to my tea now. I was struggling to kick out dairy.
I just cannot drink tea and cream. Coffee+ cream - yes.
lunch today was hamburger meat and cream cheese and supper was grilled chicken with a pat of butter and coleslaw.

Hope you are all doing well.
SL - I cannot register on that site. It tells me that a confirmation e-mail was sent to my e-mail but nothing arrives.

Cheryl- take care during the storm.
Vita- good to hear that you are back.
Tscateh- yay for the scale going down.

did I mention that the scale went down for me as well?

Hope you are all well.