Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Good Morning - Tomorrow is our Good Friday Holiday and I'll be off until Monday! Over here Easter Monday is suppose to be the official day for going to the beach, but I always think the water is too cold and usually wait until June . Traditionally tomorrow Bahamians eat Fish & hot cross buns all day, biblical for when Jesus fed the 5000. I won't lie I love hot cross buns I can easily eat 6 in one sitting . So, I'm thinking I'll substitute the hot cross buns for grits - grits are 'carb-y' but far less than hot cross buns; I'll also pray none of my friends bring hot cross buns to my house ray:

I got in 5 miles of walking this morning, but I'm probably going to give my legs a break this evening and get back at it again tomorrow morning. I have to look for a easy toning workout starting April, so I'll be surfing the internet doing my time off.

Cheryl glad to hear you're feeling a little better today... yes, keep breathing

Lola hope you enjoy your Easter Break and your LG enjoy her Easter Egg Hunt. Let's hope the weather holds up for you all - I always enjoy watching kids searching diligently for their little treats, I know it's going to be lots of fun.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)

Last edited by sldeal; 03-28-2013 at 06:00 AM..
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Have a lovely day, ladies. Sherry, hope you enjoy the pan pizza!
Cheryl - Depending on how I do with the hot cross bun episode this holiday, I'm gonna have to hold off on the pizza until maybe next week. But I'll definitely let you know when I give it a try.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #153
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sherry, enjoy your weekend celebrations! And if you are looking for a gentle toning workout, check out Callanetics or something like Yoga or Pilates. There is a lot of information on Callanetics (complete with before and after pics) right here on LCF.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Hi all - sorry, a little sporadic in my posting. I also have the day off tomorrow (yay!), so won't be around until Monday. Cheryl, hang in there, take good care of yourself, drink water! Lola - you keep wearing that bikini! Pregnancy is the best reason to! :-D Kiwi, glad you're keeping on that downward trend.

I'm sort of settled right now at 205.0, working gradually downward this week, but I suspect this weekend will of course send it back up. Feh. Going to have to start working hard in the exercise aspect of things, because I can't seem to muster the will power to conform to any diets very strongly lately. Usually I never have a problem with that, but this past 6 months or so... no way! So, just have to figure out a different way. >;-}

The swimming lessons are going pretty well. I remember thinking after the 2nd one "I'll NEVER be able to get across the pool ike this!", and then last week in the 4th lesson - we both swam 250m more or less without stopping! I was SHOCKED, to say the least! So motivated enough to keep on with the lessons and with the practicing. Somehow I don't think I look as fluid and graceful as that video, but it's not too bad.

My next foray into exercise is learning the POSE method of running. The POSE method is supposed to help prevent injuries that stem from running. I figure, I've never been a runner, so actually learning a method to run would be a clever thing! I was supposed to have an introductory session yesterday, but the instructor ended up having a cconflict, so we're put off till next week.

Then if the snow ever EVER melts away, I can also start biking once or twice a week. (I want to do a mini/Sprint Triathlon sometime mid-late summer) So with all that going on, I think I'll get into some sort of better shape!

And on a sorta sad note, I took my much loved motorcycle in to the shop today to get her all fixed up in preparation for selling her. :-( Haven't ridden much at all the last couple of years, so no point in keeping her around. I'll put the money away and add to it so I can eventually get the replacement, which I think will be a little (used!) convertible. We'll see what happens!

Cate!
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #155
Big Yapper!

Busy woman! Got my heart rate up just reading all the stuff you're doing or planning on doing. Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, selling the bike to start a convertible fund. (Love that face you made with the symbols, too.)

You are not alone in having trouble sticking to a WOE. I'm about to recommit and just do it for the long-haul, and try not to weigh daily or maybe even weekly. Once a month would show the trend just as well without all the ups and downs and drama.

Waving to everyone else out there today. Hugs!

My Journal.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl thanks for the heads up on callanetics. I did some reading up on it last night and I managed to find something on youtube. So I gave it a try last night and this morning. The moves, although they look easy, are difficult but because everything is done at a slow pace I'm enjoying it. I'm going to give it a go for about 2 weeks, if I see positive results I'll go ahead and order the dvd.

I understand it might also add a pound or 2 to the scale, so I'm thinking after Monday, I'll try to weigh myself once a month rather than every week or maybe every 2 weeks. We'll see.

Although today is a holiday things went a little berserk for me - first my electricity went off this morning for maybe an hour or two; then we had problems with the server at the office and because our IT person is off the island I had to go to see if I could help to sort out the problem; to make things worse when I went to dry my clothes this afternoon, my dryer died on me. I'm trying to learn not to stress over little things like this so I put in 11 miles of walking - the best remedy for a screwed up holiday!

I'm happy because I didn't give in to hot cross buns today I went with fish, grits w/cheese, broccoli & plantain. Yeah, I know it's still plenty of carbs but grits & plantain aren't addictive like bread plus I don't overload on them. So I'm happy.

Oh well, I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #157
Big Yapper!

So sorry for your troubles today! I'm glad you are giving Callanetics a try. If you haven't seen the before and after thread for Callanetics, it will blow you away.

I'm off to sleep now. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, Sherry. May your dryer be resurrected back to life!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
hey. been a crazy spring break.
Hubby did not get the job we thought he had.
We are re-grouping.
Not really sure what the future holds but we are going to stick it out here in CO and see what we can find for ourselves.
prayers please.
(thank you)

not really sure what i've been eating lately. tummy has been upset (duh!) and so sometimes i'm not eating at all and other times i find myself eating waffles with the kids at the zoo. (only about 4 bites though - it was kinda soggy by the time I got my turn).

I've read all your posts and would like to wish everyone a wonderful easter holiday weekend. i hope those who are low carbing stay strong and those who are just watching what you eat - enjoy in moderation.

Love & Light
Donna

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #159
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry he didn't get the job. That is so disappointing. Was he really hopeful he'd get it? That makes it twice as bad when you get the bad news. I went through that so many times before they hired me for my little part time gig at the horse farm. I interviewed for a part time Veterinary assistant job and I would have assisted the guy in the OR! I thought I was a shoe-in but he never got back to me. I followed up a few times but they never had the time or the decency to let me know I was in or out of the running. They were in no hurry to hire and they didn't even bother letting me know that in the interview. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed working for people like that.

So things do work out for the best. Sorry for resorting to cliches. But at a time like this, that's all we have to offer. I will pray again and I hope something happens soon. I'm glad you're loving CO and frequenting the zoo. I've been to that zoo, now that I think about it! I was in Colorado Springs for just a couple of days back when I was around 19 years old. I drove out there with a friend who needed to pick up some tools that his cousin had of his. It was the first time I really got a glimpse of any other states other than CT and surrounding states. That's where my love of mountains and all things out West began. I'd never seen stars like they have out there! Enchanting.

Have you been to the Cave of the Winds yet? So beautiful! And Garden of the Gods is freaking amazing, too. I saw that twice; the last time being in 1990 when we were driving back from Tech school in Denver, on our way back to TX after all my training for the national guard. Eons ago! Anyway, it had just snowed and I have some lovely pics of the spires all coated with white stuff. It was only October. I was just 28 years old. Wow.

Talk about trips down memory lane! I've become one of those old farts who talks about their Glory Days! And I'm only 50 years old. I'd better make some new memories in a hurry! I just find they are much easier to make out West.

Happy Easter weekend, ladies. May God bless us in a special way as we give thanks to Him for all He's done for us. (If this is not your belief, may you be blessed anyway.)

Last edited by CherylB; 03-30-2013 at 10:58 AM..
Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
whoosh.
195.1lb.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #161
Big Yapper!

That's awesome, Kiwi!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
Happy Easter Everyone!!!

kiwi - congrats!!! enjoy.

cheryl - yep - cliches are all that's left. but that's ok. we will make it work!

Love & Light
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #163
Big Yapper!

Good morning, ladies and Happy Easter! Donna, I want you to know that I did pray for all of you like I said I would and I hope that things really turn around for you up there. Be hopeful, look to God for help, believe that He hears you and He cares, and then watch and see what happens.

I am starting Atkins again as of today. This time, I'm acting as if it is my first time, like I did back in October of 2009 and I'm doing it for life. I'm not going to weigh more often than once a month (at the start of each month) so that the scale doesn't mess with my head. I know that consistency is what I need and the scale is usually the thing that brings me down. (No pun intended). I'm going to just fly and not look down.

I'm heading out to the kitchen to make myself a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon, to let my body know that we are indeed making some changes starting today. I have the farm this afternoon. I picked up a shift for a young girl who wanted to spend the day with her family, since it's a holiday. I had no plans and need money so I was happy to take her up on the offer. Everybody wins!

Glad to be back with y'all in every sense of the word.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning to all and Happy Easter. I am back on Atkins, too, Cheryl. Know you will do great.
I have been calorie counting, WW, Stillman's, you name it. Atkins quit working for me earlier but just think I was eating way too many calories and am going to try and really watch that this time around. Hopefully, this time I will get to my goal. I have approx. 15 - 20 to go and have never been this close. Have been pretty much just holding my own for many months.

Well, I'm going to try to check in more often and really keep on track. Seems like I need to come here to be accountable and all of you are such an inspriation.

Have a wonderful blessed Easter.
Hope

Do all of you use coconut oil?
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #165
Big Yapper!

back, Hope! I don't use CO but I know many people do. It stalls me big time. I hope we all have a wonderful April! Oh, geez. Time for a new thread! I'm a day early but I guess it doesn't matter. I might start it. If I do, I'll post the link here.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #166
Big Yapper!

~~~ Atkins '72 for April, 2013 ~~~

Come on over! Why wait until tomorrow?