Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Another thing you can make for a meatless meal is a "pan pizza." I used to use pre-shredded bags of mozzarella (might have been a mix with Jack cheese in it, too). I'd spread it around in the pan, top with spices and a tablespoon of tomato sauce, and some thin slices of pepperoni. Last I'd sprinkle some grated parm cheese (green can) on the top, rather than adding yet more cheese. I used a non-stick frying pan and would just slide it out onto the plate when the edges got browned. Tastes just like real pizza.
Cheryl, can you tell me how you did this exactly? Did you have to use butter or oil in the pan to melt the cheese? Did you wait until the cheese melt before spreading the tomato sauce? I would really like to give this a try. We have a 4 day weekend coming up and this might keep me from wanting the real thing. It sounds extremely easy and right up my ally. Thanks
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
cps has gotten involved. i have no idea what's going to happen.

but...

i'm getting my hair done today. no one knows. i havent told a soul. I have over 4 ft of blonde hair. long and straight. i'm getting it....

well... i don't think i'll tell y'all either. but i will figure how to take before and after pictures --- so long as there are no comments on the size of my butt.... LOL

food choices have been good. this is supposed to be my weekend off but i don't think i will take the entire weekend. if my hubby and i make date night, then i will enjoy -- but otherwise -- i'm staying low carb. it's just too painful. i'm not sure why i have to put myself through the utter PAIN of eating all those processed foods!!!! yeah ok - they taste good - but oh man the consequences! not even mentioning the weight gain. so...

OH!! my friend who does Atkins with me is on the wagon again but she is using the bars. I've tried to tell her but ... they are easy. i get that but i sure do worry about the amount of chemicals she's ingesting.

so i haven't read ... (selfish poster!!!!) but i wish you all clean eating and whooshes!

Love & Light
~L~

PS. it's snowing. yay spring. .. Ummm what????

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #123
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Cheryl, can you tell me how you did this exactly? Did you have to use butter or oil in the pan to melt the cheese? Did you wait until the cheese melt before spreading the tomato sauce? I would really like to give this a try. We have a 4 day weekend coming up and this might keep me from wanting the real thing. It sounds extremely easy and right up my ally. Thanks
It's been a while since I made one and I'm not sure which bag of pre-shredded cheese I used to use. I know it wasn't the straight mozzarella cheese. I think it was maybe the "Italian Blend" style cheese. Try that one. (It not that one, then maybe the one that is a blend with Monterrey Jack cheese.)

The cheese is plenty oily in itself so don't use anything else. I used a non-stick skillet and so didn't need to worry about sticking. I took as much cheese as I needed to cover the bottom of the pan (it's smaller at the bottom and then bows up and out. It's kind of like a Wok.) I make it thick enough so you can't see the pan anymore. Maybe a little thicker than that.

I turn on the pan, sprinkle the cheese with the spices I want and wait a bit until the cheese starts to melt. Then I take the spoonful of sauce and spread it around, put a couple slices of pepperoni on top and sprinkle with grated parm. I move it around in the pan once or twice just to keep it from sticking. Then I slide it out onto a paper plate so some of the oil can soak into the paper.

Then I cut it into fourths and eat with my fingers. The edges need to get brown before you know that it's done. Maybe even a little browner than you'd like.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

My Journal.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-23-2013 at 11:16 AM..
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #124
Big Yapper!

I hope CPS can figure out a solution that doesn't involve you bringing him to live with you all. Wasn't his son actually benefiting from living with you guys last time? I think it was the daughter who stayed a pain in the @$$. Didn't the son calm down and get better? At any rate, I hope he stays in TX.

If you are cutting your hair severely, I hope you are donating it for a cancer patient or selling it for cash. Now we are waiting in suspense to hear what you did with it. Don't keep us waiting longer than you need to, okay?

Have a lovely day, ladies. Sherry, hope you enjoy the pan pizza!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl- thanks. I should have checked this post before going to the grocery store. Any how it sounds like I need an omelet pan so I'll see if I can pick up one sometime next week on my way to work (hate going after work, too much traffic). Since I've been to the store already I'll try to pick up all of the ingredients on Thursday and perhaps give it a try next week Saturday.

Donna - I'm dying to know how the new "hair do" turn out and what your hubby thinks. A new style for the Spring is a terrific, please don't have us waiting forever... a picture is a must! p.s. big butts are in I know people who are dying to have a butt like JLo or K Kardashian

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
Old 03-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
definitely true about the butt fashion...

Only lost a smidge today but it gets me to 89.1kg(196lb flat )

Every little bit counts.Things are speeding up now I am stopping/running out of or using up the DANDR extras and going more '72 old school style.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Faux Banana Nut muffins

1 pkg cream cheese
3 ripe bananas
cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla extract
1 T flaxseed meal dissolved in 3T water
5-6 dried figs cut into small bites
Mix well
Add
am amt. Baking powder
pinch salt
almond flour
until mixture looks like cupcake batter.

place in cupcake baking pan and bake at 350 about 20-25 min until golden brown.

I actually didn't bake mine long enough so be sure to do a toothpick test.

however - taste is pretty darn good. No gluten or sugar. lower in carbs than most banana nut muffins

(i don't measure things - sorry - i'm horrible about that - i just eyeball things and taste test along the way - hope y'all can make this work for you if you try it.)
Old 03-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

and colored my hair red.

this color (but that's not me) I couldn't get my phone to send the pictures to my computer!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #129
Big Yapper!

Very pretty color! Thanks for the banana nut muffin recipe but I think we've been waiting for the meatballs with cream cheese sauce one.

Did you keep your hair the same length?

Sherry, just try it with the type of cheese and the non-stick pan that you have. It's only something that I came up with by using what I had. You might find another way that works.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody
Donna- SS coming to live with you is awful. What is CPS?
can they intervene so you do not have to have the boy with you?I remember him being trouble! That red looks great. Post a pic of your new hairdo esp if you have cut your hair!

Cate- Sasolburg is not very far off from where I am. I am more in the city and you lived in a small town. Very different experiences. Hope you enjoyed living there.

Kiwi- a loss is a loss so great going.

Cheryl- thought of you this weekend as we heard reports of more snow storms coming through. Be safe. Hunker down with Cisco and make sure you have lots of food to keep you all going.
Sl- glad big butts are in as mine is getting larger as well as the boobs.
wore a bikini this weekend and I was horrified at how big my boobs looked. at the moment I just look big, not pregnant.
Vita - thanks. I am very happy right now enjoying every bit of being preggy.
Hope your meat is all beef!
will post more in a bit.

Take care everybody.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Hey all!

hair not cut. still long long long.

Lola - Please do not stress about the way YOU think your body looks. right now you need to focus on HEALTHY!!! eat what you know works - have a treat now and then - and forget about "looking" pregnant or big or anything. Give that little baby the best you can.

CPS - stands for child protective services. it's not actually called that anymore but that's what it used to be so that's what i call them.
At this point, the grandparents 'say' they are going to kick out the mom and keep the boy. now - they have said that before and let the mom move back in - but hopefully with the authorities involved, she will stay gone. there has been no more talk of him coming here. thank you G-d.

Cheryl - as i said - i don't make the meatballs but the cream cheese sauce was: cream cheese, sour cream, spinach/artichoke dip (from the store so not really great but...), HnH, & black pepper. cooked on the stove. best i can remember anyway. adjust to your tastes.

sldeal - Hubby was very VERY shocked. He wasn't negative but not really sure he liked it either. I'm hoping after it's washed and fixed the way i always do - he'll decide he likes it. My Big said it was ugly, my mom hates it but my Little Man says I'm beautiful. (thank you 8 year old!!!).

It's been snowing most of the weekend so i think i'm going to take the Big and walk to the store for some fruit and burger meat.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #132
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies. Donna, love your new Avi. Sorry you're getting mixed reviews on your hair color. If you are a natural blond, it's hard for people to see you a different hue. I have thought of changing colors a number of times but I stay blond. Good for you for giving it a try!

Lola, for wearing a bikini! That takes guts! (No pun intended.) You won't catch me wearing one! I'm a one-piece girl all the way. We haven't gotten any more storms recently so the thing you heard of must have just glanced us. It's hard to keep track cause we've had so many this winter. We're finally getting into a weather pattern where we make it into the 40's each day and by Easter Sunday, we are supposed to be in the 50's.

Sorry for my scanty personals. I know I missed a lot but I'm still trying to wake up. Coffee's brewing, clothes are in the washing machine and I'm going to be getting ready for my farm shift in a couple of hours. I need to eat something before I go, too. I totally tank at the farm if I don't eat before going.

Have a very nice day, everyone.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys - I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm down another lb. I'm now 172.2!

Had a horrible day eating though. Had a extra long meeting, got hungry so drank hot coco with sugar & creamer (no sweetener or cream available). Then after eating this evening decided to munch on two of my valentine chocolates kept hidden in the freezer (I'm only suppose to eat 1-2 on Sunday's). Let's hope tomorrow is better!

Donna luv the new hair color. Change is always shocking, but eventually it grows on everybody

Lola don't hurt your head over the boobs or looking big. Just try to stay healthy.

Cheryl Thankfully you guys are finally getting some decent weather

Kiwi a loss is a loss no matter how you look at it. Enjoy being lighter!

I'm still walking got 5 miles in this morning (didn't do any walking yesterday). I'm now in Charlottesville, VA on a beautiful peaceful trail.

walk.jpg

Have a terrific evening all!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #134
Big Yapper!

Yea you!!! Not for the eating but for everything else! Our weather is drier but still friggin cold and windy. The farm is a muddy nightmare. I actually got bogged down in it and fell today! The mud just sucked onto my boot and didn't let me go. I was moving backward so down I went. Was early in my shift, too.

I lived to tell the tale! Glad no one saw me.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
thanks for the support. I like that you all have my corner. I was with another woman, much younger and fitter and thinner so I did feel a bit big once I looked at the pics much later. At the entertainment area I just felt so great and liberated in my bikini. first time for me. I want to practice as I will have to wear a bikini as I get bigger and my one piece does not cover me anymore.

Well, I stepped on the scale today and I was down to 64.9kg which is odd as I look bigger. Thing is I feel nauseas all day and I can smell everything! Which makes me feel ill. Right now I can smell people, my cats, food in the fridge and just everything is an assault to my senses.
So for now I am eating what I can in small amounts.
cheryl- no! falling over in the mud! sorry but I had a small giggle buut I feel your pain, especially in the freezing cold. At least your spring is around the corner. I am preparing for winter, taking out my warm clothes and boots. We have had a lot of rain so the weather is definitely getting cooler and I think winter is coming early.

SL- you are walking in a lovely place right now. So peaceful! Nice. don't feel too bad about the choccies. At least it is part of your plan. Right now my LG is in her Easter craze so I will have to go out and get lots of chocolate eggs,etc for this weekend. Yikes and I have had this odd desire for chocolate and nut with a cup of tea which is very strange as I generally do not like or eat chocolate.

donna- thanks for the info. Glad CPs are intervening and it just looks like the mum is bad. Glad the grandparents are going to do the responsible thing for the boy. I like your red hair and hubby will too with a bit of time. Men are odd as they generally do not react well to change. I am sure he is glad you did not cut off your length. Wow. You should probably subtract 3lbs each time you step on the scale cos that is adding to your number on the scale. Long hair weighs a lot!
Take care everybody!

Last edited by lola001; 03-26-2013 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: spelling
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Being pregnant is funny.My youngest I could only eat food if it was the right colourmy friend ate candles.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kiwi- I agree - being preggy is really a mystery. I found that with my LG I could not eat or look at meat throughout my whole prenancy! Doc was fine with it so I did not stress. Your friend that ate candles- wow- I think my hubby would freak out. He always watches me says: being pregnant is a state of mind, as I have nausea and food aversions- he thinks I think it into being. I just call him "crazy man who does not comprehend" - lol- as long as he indulges me. right now I cannot stand large or whole pieces of meat or chicken. I found that I can manage to eat soem chicken salad and not a chicken piece. go figure.

I just got back from the gym where I swam for 30 minutes - very gentle swimming. I don't know how much I can push myself. I felt so strange as I felt a bit out of control not know how what I am doing is affecting the baby.
Feeling great though as I got in my exercise and am eating a lovely fresh chicken salad and no sign of nausea. Also packed a portion of oatmeal to cook up in the microwave if I am hungry a little later.
Have a lovely morning everybody.
Looks like we will have more rain on this side.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Yea you!!! Not for the eating but for everything else! Our weather is drier but still friggin cold and windy. The farm is a muddy nightmare. I actually got bogged down in it and fell today! The mud just sucked onto my boot and didn't let me go. I was moving backward so down I went. Was early in my shift, too.

I lived to tell the tale! Glad no one saw me.
Cheryl I have to smile and say this is funny, but I'm so happy you didn't hurt yourself and you lived to tell the tale!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
Being pregnant is funny.My youngest I could only eat food if it was the right colourmy friend ate candles.
Can you really eat candles! We are talking waxed candles?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Lola Hmmm, it's amazing you had to get pregnant to lose weight.... I think the swimming is good for you, so long as you don't overdo it, plus it helps to keep you toned.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #141
Big Yapper!

So odd, how pregnancy changes you and your appetites. I've never experienced it, myself. So glad (Lola) that you are pregnant again! Thrilled to be along for the ride with you.

Yep, it was funny but not while it was happening. And having to work in mud and water-saturated clothes was also something I had to just live with. It was too extensive to consider going into the bathroom and stripping off my clothes to try and clean up. NOT! Thankfully I was able to just deal with it.

Glad you felt liberated and free in your bikini, Lola! I applaud you for going for it, but I wouldn't have gone anywhere near those pictures, if it had been me. Better to just live with the feeling you had during the experience. Ya know? That's so cool that you dropped some weight!

I have to head down to my Dr's office for 2:30 today. I am going to have a test done and hopefully one of these tests of late will show what is going on with me these days. The one they're doing today is called an ANS test and it takes 20 minutes. It tests BP and blood flow as you stand, sit, etc. I don't know any more than that, but they are doing it because I have high BP and high cholesterol.

My echocardiogram was normal so now they are doing these other tests to check other aspects of my cardiac health. I just pray that, if there really is something wrong that is causing my symptoms, that they find it and it can be remedied. I can't do my job if I'm going to experience these feelings of utter exhaustion. It happened to me again yesterday, and I ate before I went to work. Normally that would have insured that I was okay.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Yes my friend ate ordinary paraffin wax candles.The white tapers from the supermarket.She gnawed on themIt didn't do her any harm and at 4' 11" her baby was a healthy 10lb 2 oz.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #143
Big Yapper!

Wild!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
Kiwi- yikes! normal wax candles- not even the scented/flavoured kind! wow that was some pregnancy.
Cheryl- I cringed as I looked at the pics but I am glad I did it. I needed to see the reality. sometimes I am a very blinkered person and then suddenly I wonder how did this happen or how did I get like this?
I read on your journal that you were not feeling so good. I do hope that this test sheds some light on it.
SL - thanks. I really don't want to lose energy as I get bigger. Toned is probably reaching too high but if I swim at lunch time it does break up my day and gives me more energy to carry on through the afternoon.
Today I had to throw on a jacket - weather is definitely getting cooler.
Have a great day everybody.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #145
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Lola. Whatever it is that's plaguing me, I just want them to find the problem so we can start treating it. In the meantime, I have GOT to do the best that I can in living a healthy lifestyle and stop putting crap into my body. It's no wonder that it's in revolt.

And now, for those of you who have no idea what we're talking about, I've been having some sudden onset extreme fatigue and weakness when at work. To the point where I need to sit down frequently and try to rest. I thought it happened on days when I hadn't eaten anything but a few cups of coffee with cream but I made sure that I ate this past Monday and it happened just the same. So I'm having cardiac testing done. So far, the echocardiogram was normal. I'm waiting on results of a couple other things I had done. Still have one more test scheduled for the second week of April. (Also having pulmonary tests done but so far, those are fine.)

The test we did yesterday in the Dr's office is a brand new one. It tests the elasticity of your arteries in a non-invasive way. They put electrodes on you and a BP cuff and some other monitor, then you follow instructions to breathe, stand, hold your breath, blow out forcefully, etc. Test takes 20 minutes. Then I went for a chest x-ray at the diagnostic imaging place.

My family genes put me at risk for cardiac stuff, so that's why they are giving me a full work-up. Also, my obesity, high BP, high cholesterol, history of smoking, yada yada yada puts me at risk. So, better to be on top of where I'm at rather than sticking my head in the sand.

I have the farm today. I hope to God that I don't tank like I have been. It's so hard to get through the shift when you are dragging your keister around the entire time, feeling like you're going to keel over. I used to think it was from low blood sugar, from not eating before going to work. Now I don't see how that could be the problem.

Lola, glad you are in need of a jacket!! That means that our barely-50 degree days might be here to stay and to improve. FINALLY! March is supposed to "come in like a lion and go out like a lamb." Instead it's going out more like a groundhog with its head hung down in shame.

Have a lovely day, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-27-2013 at 11:35 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #146
Big Yapper!

Chest x-ray came back normal.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl - I hope they're able to identify the problem soon. Who knows, it can be that miserable weather you guys have been experiencing, it's enough to make anybody's life miserable. I'm sure some real spring weather can pep things up for you. Just remember to breathe and take time to enjoy life!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #148
Big Yapper!

Breathing is important. The farm went fine today. I didn't tank so I don't know what's going on. I was ready to test my BP if it happened again. Naturally, that's why it didn't happen. Oh, well. Any day without tanking is a very good day.

Off to bed now. Sleep tight, ladies. Lola and Kiwi, enjoy your day.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
cheryl- glad the chest x-rays are fine. I am sure the tests will pick up what has been getting you down. I agree that we should be watching the crap we put in our bodies. Weather today is a bit warm but a distinct chill coming around. Looks like we might e having a cooler Easter than previous years. I am organising an Easter egg hunt for my LG for Friday so got a whole lot of chocolate yesterday. Glad I do not have choc cravings.
I am eating smaller portions so preparing for each day takes a bit longer as I pack in a variety of foods.
I packed a bit of oatmeal for brekafast and a salmon fish cake with green beans and a small portion of plain greek yoghurt. This is to get me through to this evening when I have stirfry veg with gammon steaks planned for supper.
I am hoping to get off work by midday today as it is the start of the Easter weekend.

Take care everybody.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #150
Big Yapper!

Small portions sounds like a good idea, Lola. And your menu choices sound varied and light. That will be so nice, having a long weekend for the holiday. Enjoy your Easter egg hunt and the chocolate hiding. I am a chocoholic so I'd better not come over.

I woke up early today and decided to stay awake rather than try and sleep longer. I slept in the middle of the bed, which is the only place that still feels brand new. I slept much better! Will have to make that my new habit.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today. See ya later.