Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
hey cheryl - those are some great ideas. THANK YOU!!! i need to get better at preparing things ahead of time. i just have issues with food heated in the microwave - so i usually don't make lots of 'leftover' type things - but i'll have to get better about that. oven re-warming and things.
i bought a fresh coconut today at the grocery. it's really a fun thing to do with the kids. we broke it and drank the 'water' out of the shell and spilled tons and made a big mess. then we scraped the meat out and put it in the processor. i made half plain but put the other half in a sauce pan w/ HnH, splenda, cinnamon, & pinch salt. it's like oatmeal kinda. YUMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!!! I am in love. cereal! Ok - higher carb than strict induction - but still .... it is good. and i put the rest in the fridge to reheat (on the stove) for breakfast. very high fiber.

more later - bedtime for Big

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #92
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh, you just reminded me of a LC cereal I used to make. I used flax meal and small pieces of walnuts, the non-sweetened coconut that you are using, cream, Ez Sweetz and whatever spices you want to add. Very satisfying.

That coconut sounds like it was a project, but a lot of fun for all of you.

Another thing you can make for a meatless meal is a "pan pizza." I used to use pre-shredded bags of mozzarella (might have been a mix with Jack cheese in it, too). I'd spread it around in the pan, top with spices and a tablespoon of tomato sauce, and some thin slices of pepperoni. Last I'd sprinkle some grated parm cheese (green can) on the top, rather than adding yet more cheese. I used a non-stick frying pan and would just slide it out onto the plate when the edges got browned. Tastes just like real pizza.

We have already gotten 2 inches of freaking snow. I just went out to take the trash and recycle crap out to the curb and so had to completely dress for the trip. The weather lady said that last year on this day, we were in the 70's. Rub it in, lady! We weren't miserable enough already.

Sleep tight, people. See you tomorrow, God-willing.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melsie52
Stats: 198/198/140
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: April 20, 2014
1st Day is Over

Hello all,

My day went really well, I ate when I was hungry. Getting little waves of the Atkin's flu , but it is passing. Following the book to a tee.

I lived 30 years south of Denver believe it? I lived in Highlands Ranch. We waited a long time for my husband to get his transfer to Florida which was our dream place since our honeymoon. If all goes well our house will be finished in November. 1st time in our lives we have ever had a house built. Life is good and so blessed. So glad for the welcome, thank you.
Melanie
Melsie52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

Melanie. You will do great by the book. Once you get past the first few weeks, it gets easier to stay on track.

Ladies, I've had a bit of a life changing day yesterday. I went to my doctor and found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant! Yay! I am so happy and hubby cannot stop congratulating himself.
anyway I still plan to keep things LC as grains just make me feel awful. at least I now have a reason for the way that I have been feeling.
I got to read up a lot to stay on plan as I am a lot overweight and right now I weight what I did when I was 9 months preggy with my LG! so it is going to get worse. I need to prepare myself for it.
hope you are all well.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #95
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Ladies, I've had a bit of a life changing day yesterday. I went to my doctor and found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant!
OMG!!!!! That's so thrilling!!! I instantly said a prayer for you and your baby. Oh, Lola. I know how much this means to you. Eat well and don't sweat the fat right now. You can't afford to put your body into a state of flux in your delicate condition. If grains cause you to feel discomfort, then at least stretch the boundaries of LC and eat fruit and things that might be good for you.

I'm so happy right now. God bless and protect you and your new little baby.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #96
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsie52 View Post
Hello all,

My day went really well, I ate when I was hungry. Getting little waves of the Atkin's flu , but it is passing. Following the book to a tee.

I lived 30 years south of Denver believe it? I lived in Highlands Ranch. We waited a long time for my husband to get his transfer to Florida which was our dream place since our honeymoon. If all goes well our house will be finished in November. 1st time in our lives we have ever had a house built. Life is good and so blessed. So glad for the welcome, thank you.
Melanie
Thanks for sharing, Melanie. I've always wanted to live in CO and that's one place I haven't lived yet. That's so wonderful that you are finally in the state you've always dreamed of living in, and even building a brand new home! How exciting for you both.

I hope your flu-like symptoms pass quickly. I never understood when people called it "Atkins flu." I don't think I've ever experienced that, thankfully. WTG on completing your first day!

It's 3:30 am and I'm still awake, but I'm so glad I checked in here and found your news, Lola. Warms my heart.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
I wonder if this might be the thread for me?I am on Atkins circa 2002 but it is a lot closer to the original 72 version than it is to the current one.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheryl- I am so excited right now. So difficult to not stand up and announce it to the world but I am a bit cautious after the last time.
I am right now researching threads to keep foods LC. I want to keep walking through the pregnancy. and mostly praying that all goes well.
I am feeling a bit emotional and all over the place as I am always preparing in advance.

Hey Kiwistar read the main thread as it gives you a rundown of this WOE. It really helps stop cravings and gets you ontrack. and results are fantastic.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Everybody

Ladies, I've had a bit of a life changing day yesterday. I went to my doctor and found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant! Yay! I am so happy and hubby cannot stop congratulating himself.

anyway I still plan to keep things LC as grains just make me feel awful. at least I now have a reason for the way that I have been feeling.
I got to read up a lot to stay on plan as I am a lot overweight and right now I weight what I did when I was 9 months preggy with my LG! so it is going to get worse. I need to prepare myself for it.
hope you are all well.

CONGRATS!!!!

Oh Lola! How wonderful for you!

tip: i stayed very low carb while pregnant with my 2nd. it went very well and i did not gain any extra. it does work. and i was able to walk the entire time. I added steal cut oats and fruit. nothing else. the rest was pretty strict '72. I know you have several other nutrition needs but i do know that my doc was very happy with my diet and weight maintenance during preggo-ness.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
I wonder if this might be the thread for me?I am on Atkins circa 2002 but it is a lot closer to the original 72 version than it is to the current one.

tell us about yourself.

Quote:
1st Day is Over
Hello all,

Melanie
I too have been having that 'flu' unfortunately - it's back, as i had to (basically) start all over after the tourney trip.

I don't know the Highlands Ranch area but my bff lived in Parker for many years while her hubby was stationed somewhere around here.

Love that you get to build a new house! what a dream come true!!!!!

Hello Sweet Cheryl - how are you this lovely day? still snowed in? Hope the sun shines on you.

Food today:
B: 2 - coffee w HnH & splenda
L: salad of bacon, spring mix, sm. amt. goat cheese (yuk)., asiago peppercorn dressing & more bacon.
D: something with ground meat
S: cottage cheese & strawberries & hot tea

Love & Light Ladies!
~Donna
Old 03-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #101
Big Yapper!

I don't feel that "sweet" at the moment. I'm cranky from insomnia and fighting with the Dr's office and the mail-order pharmacy. What an ordeal to get a drug started at a mail order pharmacy! Looks like after a week or more of trying, and going back and forth with both places, I'm finally going to get my Restoril shipped out today. After this, it will go very smoothly, thank GOD.

Lola, we are all going to be praying for you and your little bambino. May the Lord watch and protect you both and may you be able to carry your perfectly healthy baby full-term. May LG have a sibling to play with and to be the big sister of.

I need a cup of coffee. Be right back.

Okay. Now I will work on feeling sweet and happy. Donna, you sound like you're on top of the world today! I'm glad to see the change in you. I think times have been hard for a while and I'm happy to see the "lighter" you. That's great that you can offer Lola some personal advice regarding LC and pregnancy. Lola has a go-to person! Fabulous.

I can't believe all these Atkins Flu cases right now. You poor babies! Please rally and start feeling wonderful soon.

I join Donna in wanting to know about you, Kiwi. And
Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I'm a new zealander,40 stay at home mum to my third and youngest child(the others have grown up and left home)
I did atkins in '04 and got down to 150lb(68kg) which on my 6 foot frame was really slim.I kept it off until I quit smoking and now have about 50lb(20kg)to loose.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Lola I'm so happy for you. I everything works out well for you!

Kiwistars we would love to have you join us.

Melanie Congrats on your new home! I can only imagine how excited you and your hubby are right now.

Cheryl I'm happy things finally got straightened out for you on your mail order medication. If it isn't one thing, it's always another. Now if you guys can get some spring weather over there.

I did my 5 mile trek this morning and I'm really feeling it in my legs right now. I'm excited because some of my family will be here on a cruise tomorrow so I'll be spending all day with them giving them the grand tour. I hope I remember the words LC because I'm sure I'll be sampling lots of 'forbidden' foods. My DS wants to participate in a marathon in July and she asked me and my other sister to join her. So we'll be doing lots of walking when she gets here to begin prepping ourselves.

I'm sure I'm going to be too exhausted to check in tomorrow, but I'll definitely check in on Thursday.

So until then!

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #104
Big Yapper!

Nice to know you, Kiwi! Did you home-school all three kids? Very ambitious of you.

I just dug out a path from my side porch, down the steps, across the yard, all around the car, the car is now cleaned off, and all the way out to the road. I didn't do the whole driveway, just the part I'm parked in. I'm so over winter. This was a very slushy, heavy snow and it's very melty right now. Would have been the perfect snow storm to have the plow guy actually show up.

Sherry, that will be so nice to have your family with you for a while. Enjoy yourself and try to behave the best you can. Will you be walking that marathon when you do it? If not, might have to do some jogging to your walking tape! It'll get you out of VA quicker, too.

I'm pooped and the pup needs her kibble so adios my amigos. bbl.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

No.I did homeschool both the girls for a few years but my son needs school.I just meant I don't work(outside of the house anyway)
Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Hi all -sorry for the absence. I get distracted! Back up to 205 after the grand-nephew's birthday party (chocolate cupcake! Woo hoo! And short ribs over egg noodles). Worthwhile little indulgences that totally derail weight loss sometimes.

Lola - congratulations! Keep up with your low-carb, and don't sweat the small stuff. Support that little person!

Melsie, Kiwi - welcome! I'm also fairly new to this, only about a month.

Everyone else, keep on truckin'!

Cate!
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Thanks for the well wishes. I agree that I will not stress the small stuff and the research that I did yesterday confirmed that it is healthy to do a healthy LC pregnancy. Thanks Donna. I was wondering what I could replace my morning protein shake with and oats will do the trick. I can cook it in the microwave at work so I do not have to eat it early in the morning.

SL - yay on the walking. You will so rock the half marathon.
Cate - you are back on track and that is all that matters. Once you are in ketosis you will forget those ribs!
Kiwistar- we use the same measurement system. So great to hear somebody weight themselves in kg.
cheryl- I do hope that your snow has melted a bit to give you a break. Yesterday was our last official day of summer so the cold is starting to come in. Hope those meds get delivered so you can get some sleep.
Take care everybody and sleep well.
Tomorrow is the start of a 4 day weekend so time to put up my feet and relax from 5pm.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Well South Africa and New Zealand are both colonial outposts so it's not surprising we have stuff in common.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

And our Autumn is also approaching Lola.First night in a while that wasn't actively hot.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody,
Feeling so energised - went for a swim at lunch time at the gym. I was very careful getting in and out of the gym and the smell of the water was a bit nauseating but I carried on. I did not push myself in terms of speed or duration, just 20 minutes of steady swimming. It is so funny how you start protecting your body once you actually know that you are pregnant.
thinking of going out this evening for dinner or something with hubby.

Kiwi- I forgot that you are in the southern hemi so yesterday was your last day of summer as well!

Hope that you are all well.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melsie52
Stats: 198/198/140
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: April 20, 2014
Doing great on my 3rd day. Didn't sleep well last night, but that could be my sweetheart's snoring. I did get in a good 6 hours. We went to a real good steakhouse for dinner last night. We split a 30 oz porterhouse and I had a green salad with olive oil, it was yummers. Came home and had a sugarless Jello. My FBS is 104 and only take one Metformin pill. Starting to really get out of the fog. Also bought a scale, and am not waiting until November when the house is done to unpack my other two scales.

I hope you all are doing so well. Lola001 congrats on your baby.

Be well all and have a delicious day Happy Spring
Melsie52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #112
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. Glad to see things are going well for each of you. Lola, I'm so glad you have someone from your side of the world to talk with on this thread! Happy first day of Fall to you two ladies. I hope Spring will start to look and feel like Spring very soon.

It's really windy today so at the farm it will be even stronger wind. I will dress appropriately. It's better than rain, I guess. They might be a little less muddy, too. We shall find out soon enough.

Have a nice day, everyone. Sorry for the lack of personals. I'm just not up to doing them. Another night of very erratic sleep. Can't wait for the Restoril to arrive, but wait I must. I forget that I go through this every time I start taking more than one per night. Sometimes my body gets so accustomed to the drug that it doesn't seem to help me much. I get impatient and take another capsule. Then I run out too quickly and go through a week of no pill at all. When will I learn not to do that!?

Wow! I type so much better when I turn my head and look away from the computer screen! I start to see with my mind and I see better. Sounds crazy, but I'm doing it right now and it's as if I just improved my typing skills by 50%.

Very interesting...
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Quick check -in! 5 degrees (Fahrenheit, I think that's -13 Centigrade?) this morning here is the frozen North - definitely ready for Spring!!!!

Lola, can't remember if I mentioned - back in the 70s, I lived in South Africa for three years when I was 8-9-10 years old. We lived in a tiny town outside of Sasolburg, Vaalpark. Now you know! My dad worked at the refinery there.

Cate!
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vita oldie
Stats: 160 want to be below 140
Start Date: June 2012
Been away and missed your fantastic news Lola. Congratulations-now you know why you felt a little run down. You have your wish.
Every good wish to you all, take care and look after yourself. LUCKY GIRL.
Vita oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vita oldie
Stats: 160 want to be below 140
Start Date: June 2012
Several people mention meat balls in cream cheese sauce - what is the recipe?
We are all in shock, as you will have heard horse meat has been sold as beef?
Fortunately for me and mine we make all our own meals and buy from good stores the ingredients so hopefully we have been ok.
The taste may be fine but the thought is unthinkable .
What men will for money
Vita oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi guys - I missed quite a few posts will have to catch up on the weekend.

I had a great time with my DS & her family but we didn't have a chance to do half the walking we had planned. Poor thing, she started having problems with her varicose veins. Still we had a good time. Didn't do too bad with the eating but later tried a drink that had way too much sugar in it. Although I didn't drink all of it I consumed enough to know it I was waaaayyyy over my carb limit.

Still getting my walking in, I'm almost in Charlottesville, VA - have a mile to go. However I can't wait to get out of VA. Over the weekend I'll come up with some kind of walking goal. I'm thinking I have to do 500 miles in total to get out of VA . Good news though is that I completed 187 miles

Here's where I'm walking right now

walk.JPG

As you can see, it's a beautiful day for walking, lots of shade I'm considering stopping this lady in front of me for directions.

Have a great day everybody, and I'll try to catch up later this evening or tomorrow!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #117
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. Haven't had much to say so been keeping a low profile. Vita, I heard the news about horse meat, too. Ikea was selling it. No clue if other companies were as well. Apparently, this type of thing is happening more and more, especially with fish. When they do DNA testing, they find that they are labelling cheap types of fish and selling them as better types. We can't trust anything anymore.

That's a lot of walking, Sherry! You're amazing, girl. Glad you had fun with your sister and her family. Too bad about her varicose veins. I know a woman on LCF who had surgery to get rid of hers and I think she's very happy she had it done.

Cate (!) I'm with you, girl. Get winter the heck out of here, please! When is this going to be over? Wondering how many weeks we'll actually get of Spring before Summer muscles its way in and stays for months. Very interesting that you lived in SA for a while. You and Lola will have stuff to talk about, then.

Meatballs and cream cheese sauce: Donna (Labyrinth) is the one who started this whole mess so she needs to tell us how she makes them. I'm interested in knowing, too. They do sound yummy, don't they?

I haven't got anything planned for today. Just chillin' at home again. Have a lovely day, everyone.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

(peaking in)

meatballs are made my my wonderful hubby and i would love to share it but....

very very rough day

i think i've shot myself in the head. Cheryl, Lola - it's very possible my husband is going to have to go down to TX and pick up my step-son. Prayers please.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Well not as big as loss as I hoped but I went from
89.4kg(196.7lb) to 89.2kg(196.2lb)

at least it wasn't a gain.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #120
Big Yapper!

Oh no! I guess you didn't move far enough away. I hope it doesn't come to that, Donna.