Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #61
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Very cool, Cate. He makes no splash at all. I don't know how often he breathes but it doesn't seem like very often at all. Once or twice per lap? A triathlon would be very cool. Great goal to be working toward!

Hi, Donna! back to Atkins '72! Here's to breaking through that nasty 3-day barrier. I'm in limbo as far as a WOE. All I know is that I need to eat what I have already cause I'm broke for the rest of the month. It's going to be a long few weeks before my biggest payday comes back around.

I need to come up with a plan of action! Think I'll spend some time thinking about that right now. BBL. Hugs!!!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
Hey Cheryl. Budget constraints are huge around here too. we were receiving 'help' back in texas and that was such a huge help. now, we are on an even tighter budget and don't have that help. i'm thinking of asking again but am still hoping my husband gets the job at the college down the street. pray pray pray.

needless to say - i'm not as prepared to start eating Very Low Carb (VLC) as i would like. Lunch today was pepperoni and cheese slices. I didn't have anything defrosted (duh!) and can't handle eggs very often any longer. We just went to the store and are loaded down with chips and bread and potatoes. Grrr!!! I've just let my entire family eat junk! what's the deal!!!!!

well, time to turn things back around.

Ok Cheryl --- what's the plan?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #63
Big Yapper!

That's funny; you asking me what the plan is! I had forgotten I said I would come up with one because my very immature 11 year old great-nephew got my sister's cell phone and started texting back and forth with me. I was replying to her text but I guess I didn't do it fast enough. Anyway, kid-type correspondence and it went off and on for a couple hours. I never got around to coming up with a plan.

However, I do see that it doesn't even matter that I'm broke and it's only the middle of the month. I ordered a pizza for delivery tonight. AFTER I had already eaten a healthy (relatively speaking) late lunch and drank a Slim Fast meal replacement drink (which BTW are full of bad stuff. Taste great but you might as well eat a candy bar.)

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, Donna. I will indeed pray for the job and for you and your family in general. All things are possible, honey. I don't know what they have up there, but I am signed up with the local Food Pantry and sometimes I have gone down there to get food. They allow you to go once every two weeks and depending on how many people are in your household, that's how they determine how much food you can get. I would seriously look into it. Call the local Town Hall and ask where to find such resources. They will be glad to help you find them.

So, getting back to the plan. I think I have become such a total food addict that I'm going to need to do a literal fast. I can't do that on days I work at the farm. I just "tank" and feel like I can't breathe and have to lay or sit down. That won't fly. But on days that I'm not working, I'm going to try and have nothing but water and coffee. Until I break the hold that food has over me, that's the only plan I can come up with.

I'm taking the Antabuse again so at least I've nipped the alcohol problem in the bud. If only they would come up with a pill that would keep a person on a diet! Oh to dream.

You should also (Donna) apply for food stamps and stuff. Energy assistance, yada, yada, yada. Knock on enough doors and you'd be surprised how many of them actually open. I just found out last week that for a person like myself who is on disability but working a job, there is another type of assistance that allows that person to get dental care, vision and hearing. Anyway, I filled out the form (long form) for that today and I'll go give it back to the woman at the Town Hall (social worker of sorts. Unsure of her title.)

Another thing I could do for the immediate "plan" is (back to food) buy some bread, lettuce and tomatoes and make a BLT when I'm in the mood for a pizza. Why? Because the pizza I am so stuck on right now is a House Special. It's a white pizza with bacon and garlic and cheese and sliced tomatoes and spinach. And lots of oil. I think a BLT would be far less calorific (and way less money) and it might get me through a rough spot. But I really do think fasting and prayer are in order to break the hold food has on me right now. It's ridiculous.

Donna, have you done your taxes yet? Maybe you will get a refund? I haven't done mine yet but I will. It's more of a formality for me, but now that I'm working, I don't want to be faced with next year's tax form and not be able to write in what the amount was from this time. Don't want to get audited, you know?

Last edited by CherylB; 03-12-2013 at 05:35 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Just a quick good morning to everybody. I have a busy day today and I'm dead sleepy as usual. Cheryl yes it's this stupid time change. I'm just not adjusting. My alarm goes off at 4:30am, and although I go to bed early it's difficult going to sleep because my body is telling me it's too early, and then in the mornings it's difficult getting out of my bed because my my body is telling me its only 3:30am. I just can't shake it. I'm thinking maybe if I stay in bed over the weekend (something I rarely do) maybe that will help me to get back into the swing of things.

I did manage to get some walking in last night - 6 miles - but nothing this morning, I think getting to work on time is more important right now.

Hope everybody have a great day.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tscateh
Stats: 225/203/165
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb., 2013
Down a little again - 204.0 this a.m. I have a head cold, so I'm babying myself a little with lemon & honey and hot water last night and sugar in my tea this morning (skipping the dairy products to help the lungs out).

SL - Wow, that's an impressive amount of walking - 6 miles in one evening! Not sure I would have enough time in my evenings to get that done. But that's also partly because I have rehearsals 2-3 nights a week and right now swimming lessons in the evenings once a week. It also doesn't help that I'm L-A-Z-Y for things like walking, but I probably should get on the stick with that if I want to do a Triathlon. Am I crazy?!?

Cheryl, I think the BLT idea is a grand one! And Donna - find out everything that you can use and USE IT. Work the system. Take care of yourself! We're fortuante enough to be contributors to the system, but I fullly support using it - I've been through bankruptcy, food stamps and unemployment benefits. That's what it's there for.

Cate!
tscateh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

hey y'all.
thanks for the ideas and support. food stamps would not talk to me at the time i called because the texas support had not stopped. now they might.

hubby's presentation is tomorrow night.

Cheryl - we are living off tax refund right now.

food:
did i post yesterdays??? i can't find it so:
B: coffee & eggs
L: pepperoni & cheese
D: chicken breast & BBQ sauce (this had sugar but the chicken was DRY so...)
S: tea, more pepperoni (it's gone now) & few drinks of hubby's beer

today so far:
B: coffees w/ HnH & splenda (1T) & Bacon
L: bell peppers stuffed w/ ground beef, spinach, & cheese
D: ????

ok - hubby's off the phone so i gotta get back to work.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Another thing I could do for the immediate "plan" is (back to food) buy some bread, lettuce and tomatoes and make a BLT when I'm in the mood for a pizza. Why? Because the pizza I am so stuck on right now is a House Special. It's a white pizza with bacon and garlic and cheese and sliced tomatoes and spinach. And lots of oil. I think a BLT would be far less calorific (and way less money) and it might get me through a rough spot. But I really do think fasting and prayer are in order to break the hold food has on me right now. It's ridiculous.
Buy the bread, lettuce & tomatoes and make your BLT. Not only will you enjoy it you'll have enough to last for a few days, plus reduce your carb/calorie intake.

Sometime ago the grocery store by me use to sell some kind of flat bread (can't remember the name), well this morning I started thinking how I haven't held a BK whopper in my hand for a while. This morning I went online to see how many carbs were in a whopper it was something like 53 carbs that doesn't include bacon, extra cheese, ketchup, etc. I don't want to eat it on a salad, I want to bite into it while holding it in my hands, I want to see the ketchup dripping down Anyways, I decided when I go to the store this Saturday I'm going to check to see if they still sell them, I think they were only 5-6 carbs each, if so, I'm going to buy a pack and keep them in my freezer for times like this. I know I'm going to have to be careful though, I was hooked on them which is why I stopped buying them. I use to eat something like 2 a day. I'm just thinking they will come in handy when I want to bite into a nice, thick, juicy sandwich.

Cate Congrats on the downward trend.

Donna Good luck to your hubby, I hope he lands the job!

Have a great day everybody!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #68
Big Yapper!

I'm here! I'm reading! I'm just too tired to say much else right now. I did the farm work and there was a class this afternoon so we took three horses into the arena (which is finally dry enough to use) and did some training of the volunteers. It was fun but it takes time away from what I'm there to do "on the clock." What ends up happening is part of the time is volunteer time and the rest is paid. I'm just so beat.

My @$$ just is NOT getting used to the work I do there. I feel like that is the part of my body that is always the more painful after I work at the farm. I need to work out the rest of my body so I won't end up with this ginormous, overly-developed butt and somewhat under-developed rest of me. :/

I did good today. Still no booze and only had one coffee with HnH (like the way you shorten that, Donna), 3 slim fast shakes and some water. It wasn't even close to what I would have had on an ordinary day, but "ordinary days" have put me where I find myself now. I will shoot for more days like this one in the near future. I have to get this spell broken so I can live sanely again.

Sleep tight, ladies. Hugs and kisses!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody
Been out of internet at a training venue in a province. Going home today and finally the internet came on. Suffice to say that I have been truly on plan as I am away from the shops. No temptations. I still feel very bloated but we will see what is happening.

I will catch up on posts once I am home tomorrow.
Hope all is well.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Lola glad to have you back and happy to hear you're still on plan.

Cheryl hang in there, I use to have a saying (still do) things will be better next _______ (you have to fill in the blank) and generally it is.

I got my 5 mile walk in last night and another 5 miles this morning. I put on a pair of pants for work this morning and realized they were no longer clinging to my body, I got quite a bit of sag going on down there now.

Let's see where am I with my walking? I'm about 5 miles away from Mineral, VA. Here's a bit of history: Around 1902 Mineral, VA use to be the center of the gold mining industry with 15 gold mines located within 2 miles of the town. In 2000 their census showed a population of 424 people! They're definitely not over populated.

Here's a sneak peek of my walking trail, I'm sure you'll agree it's a great day for walking

walk.JPG

and here's a pic of a depot that I just happened to snap a picture of (off Wikipedia)

walk2.jpg

How can you not fall in love with the place! No wonder there's only 424 people living here, it's the best kept secret in VA.

Have a great day guys!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

203.8 this morning, so still on a down trend. Swimming this a.m. was frustrating, trying to get new patterns ingrained. But it will happen.

Sounds like everyone is going through some mild frustrations right now. Maybe this is a side effect of Mercury retrograde? (astrology thing) Hang in there - Mercury goes direct again on March 17! :-)

Cate!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #72
Big Yapper!

Lola! We've been missing you. So happy to hear you're on plan. Bet you'll be glad to be back home tomorrow.

Sherry, I think if I could start that walk thing in the middle of the country (where things start to get mountainous and interesting), I might actually do that. I love that you do it and I get a kick out of you taking us along on your journey. I hope you keep doing that. And WTG on the droopy drawers!

I had no idea there was ever Gold in VA. I knew there was in GA and NC but not that far north. I guess it's really not that much farther north, really. Very interesting!

Hi, Cate. I don't know about Mercury retrograde, but I know how I get when I feel "stuck" in my body. I need to get unstuck, and fast. I'm glad you're on the downward trend. Sorry for the swimming struggle. You'll get it down! Practice practice practice.

I had a good day at the farm yesterday, relatively speaking. A lot of stuff when awry but it was comical and I learned a few things. Like how much more complicated it is to do simple things when there are a group of people watching you. For instance, ....

We were instructed (the volunteer girl and I) to go and get three horses and bring them to the arena. We were told which three horses to get, which made it a bit trickier since we were about to split up a pair of horses that are attached at the hip. ("Where we go one, we go all.") Anyway, I decided we'd go in and get the horse that was going to be taken from her partner. It would have been fine if I had just un-did what the volunteer did as we went into the paddock.

She unhooked the two ribbons that constitute a fence (they have a hook on the ends, with a spring) and I told her to keep the top one hooked, otherwise they might come bolting into the run-in area (which didn't belong to either of them.) But I left the lower ribbon unhooked since she took that one off already and I figured it would be okay. What we should have done was step through the ribbons, but the volunteer went into the paddock ahead of me and she has little horse experience. Anywho,...

I get the halter on Daphne and Red sees that only the top ribbon is hooked. So he slips underneath the ribbon and is bounding around like a fool in the run-in that belongs to Lola. He knows he's being left behind and that we're taking Daphne away. I ask the volunteer (who is inexperienced) to hold Daphne's lead rope while I try and get Red back into the paddock.

I go in the run-in and see that the fence between the two run-ins is down (they do that sometimes to give those two horses who live there together some time to "mingle.") Well, then I was trying to just pin Red down to one area which wasn't working. I finally got him on one side and got the fencing closed so he couldn't escape over to the other half and then I tried to "use my energy" to move him through the area that he had slipped through in the first place. He wasn't having any of that.

So I had to put the halter on him and lead him 15 feet into the paddock, have the volunteer lead Daphne out, close the fence, take Red's halter off and then finally make my escape. One horse down, two to go. OMG, ladies. Things are so much harder with volunteers "to help."

Something similar happened when I went to get the other two. I lead Daphne into the arena and then had the volunteer come and just stand with her in the center while I went to get the others. By that time the pack of newbies is there and I ask who has horse experience. One girl chimes in that she does so I enlist her help. There are three geldings in this paddock. We're taking two of them. The third doesn't like this idea. Here we go again.

This time there was no run-in to escape to, but the third did slip out into an area that is gated but not technically part of the paddock. The program director is now there and she says to just bring him in and let him be in his area, out of the mud. So, happy horse. We finally get the three horses into the arena and we can start the class.

People, let me tell you that if I had been by myself, I could have gotten the three horses in half the time with 1/4th the trouble. But that's not how this place works. We run mainly on volunteers so this is why I have to become better at seeing problems before they arise and essentially "think like a horse." Little by little (or a lot by a lot) it's happening. But it is NOT fun.

I need to learn to laugh at my own mishaps and keep a good attitude about the volunteers because it wasn't long ago that I was one of them. I have to believe that the better I teach, the better they will learn, and the better for all concerned as they participate in the program and just helping with chores and such. I have to remind myself of that continually. Or I have to find another job.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

cheryl - sounds like you have a great attitude about it all. and it really sounds like a great job.

lola - glad you are back with us. keep the plan moving

Cate - congrats on your downward trend. KUTGW!

sldeal - love your walking journey. what a great way to walk away the lbs.

I made it past day three!!!!

bacon. it always comes down to bacon. if i just make a huge batch - and snack on it - i can do it.
went to the store this morning and got a few low carb staples. i'm such a dairy freak. wonder if that will come back to bite me in the butt. LOL i got cottage cheese, cream cheese, swiss cheese, HnH, & almond milk!

food today:
B: coffee w/ HnH & splenda
L: meatballs w/ cream cheese sauce
D: bacon & eggs
S: ???

kids are getting pizza tonight. GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #74
Big Yapper!

Love your meatballs in cream cheese sauce! Way to make good stuff with limited resources. I share your love of dairy. You ever going to change location in your details?

Be strong. Scalp a piece or two.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

sure! I'll work on that.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #76
Big Yapper!

There you go. Now you're up to speed. Is that you in your siggy? And that typewriter stands for a laptop? Uh huh.

Night. Off to bed now. Been reading my old food journals and it's been a real eye-opener. Food for thought and now to sleep on.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscateh View Post
203.8 this morning, so still on a down trend. Swimming this a.m. was frustrating, trying to get new patterns ingrained. But it will happen.

Sounds like everyone is going through some mild frustrations right now. Maybe this is a side effect of Mercury retrograde? (astrology thing) Hang in there - Mercury goes direct again on March 17! :-)

Cate!
Cate Nice to see you're still on that downward trend
Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
I made it past day three!!!!

food today:
B: coffee w/ HnH & splenda
L: meatballs w/ cream cheese sauce
D: bacon & eggs
S: ???
Congrats on making it pass day 3. The meatballs with cream cheese sauce sounds delicious care to share the recipe?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl your job sounds dangerous. It's a good thing you're good at what you do, also it helps that you really enjoy working on the farm. One of the things I've learned is that the more you teach others, the more you learn. Things might be difficult with the volunteers right now, but at some point it will become easier and it will make your job a whole lot easier.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I did some walking last night - 7 miles and pushed myself out of bed this morning for another 5 miles. That's it for me for today. Tomorrow I'm hoping for a lazy day, perhaps stay in bed, sleep & watch TV, something I never do. So I'll see how the walking goes then.

I'm somewhere in Mineral, VA and approx 13 miles from Kents Store, VA.

walk.JPG

Today, I'm going to take time to enjoy my walk and the crisp clean air.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Down to 202.8 this morning, which completely doesn't make sense, as we were uplate-ish drinking wine and eating chocolate to recover from assembling some complicated toys (battery operated 3-wheel "motorcycles" of all things!) for our grand-niece and grand-nephew for his birthday this weekend. But I also think I wasn't getting enough fats/calories in earlier in the week, and worked hard on that yesterday. ;-)

Anybody find that different types of proteins work better or worse with your body? I don't always work very well with lots of chicken, but I can eat beef all week. Pork... eh. Fish - great! Dairy seems to be working pretty well for me. What about y'all?

Cheryl - keep safe!

Cate!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #82
Big Yapper!

Well, since you need a break and you're almost to Mineral VA, just find yourself a shady spot beside a nice river (or rather a place in the sun; it's warmer) and dig out your imaginary gold pan and see if you can find some pretty yellow stuff. You've earned a day of rest and tv, Sherry.

Yes, I agree. We do learn in a hurry when we teach others. But I need to practice more myself with the horses before I feel comfortable instructing them. That means I need to find good days to go and just work as a volunteer with one horse at a time in the arena. No distractions (or as few as possible!) and just focus. I thought I might be able to do that this weekend but we're in another cold snap.

I spent my very last $5 today. Even had to dip into the change pocket of my wallet. The 40 cents I gave as a late fee for four CDs at the Library left me with only pennies. I have some silvery coins in the container in the kitchen, but I won't be spending those unless I absolutely have to. I have just under a half tank of gas and I'll keep the driving to a minimum. That might last me a while.

I just spent way too much this month. The Horses' Ball and my sister's birthday dinner, and too much fast food and "drink." Now I have to pay the Piper. I will be fine, but I will be laying low.

Cate, I never noticed losing better while eating one form of meat over another. I think it is always a good idea to make sure the fat percentage of the meal is up there. Protein shouldn't be the highest percentage. Pork Tenderloin is amazing and I know precisely how to cook it. I have a kick-@$$ recipe that I posted once before. If you'd like, I can try and post it again. It has a cream cheese and mustard sauce that is to die for. Jessica (VerbQueen) tried it and she knows!

Your night of toy assembly sounds like it was fun/challenging. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself with some wine and chocolate. Congrats on dropping a bit more on the scale. Can't wait to hear you report you're in Onederland!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #83
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies. It's Saturday and a very gloomy one at that. The weather people are saying we are way below our annual average temps for this month. Apparently we normally have about 12 days of above-60 degrees in March. We are barely getting out of the 30's and 40's. And the gloom! It was sunny a while ago when I opened up all the blinds but now it's time for a nap! Or a good cry...

I took my first Fosamax today in I don't know how many weeks of missing it. I am bad about remembering to take it. Even when I remember (or am reminded), I'm more interested in a cup of coffee or something rather than waiting 30 minutes to take in something. But I need to take it to strengthen my weakened and thinning bones so I will be a big girl and suck it up. I had boxes of those pills but couldn't find where I put them. I looked all over a week or two ago, then gave up and just ordered some more.

So how is everyone else doing this weekend? Doing anything for Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow? Corned Beef and Cabbage is perfectly LC! Go have some for me, will you? I'm broke.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #84
Big Yapper!

Good morning, low carbers! Happy St Patty's Day. I hope you have a lovely Sunday and have lots of fun. I was up all night so that's why I'm on the site so early. It's sunny and cold here and I have no plans other than maybe to take a nap in a few hours (if I'm lucky.)

Be well and have a great day.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Hey Cheryl - sorry you guys are having such lousy weather over there. I was listening to the news and I'm sure I heard them saying something about snow again! Spring can't come soon enough for you all.

You had me giggling about your medication that you can't locate. If you're like me I'm always putting things up so I won't forget and then I always forget where I put them. I'm still looking for my pedometer that I know I put in a safe place.

If you get tired of the lousy weather over there you can always come on a walk with me in Palmyra, VA. I managed 5 miles today a beautiful day for walking. My trail is filled with greenery, the sun is bright but the trees offer lots of shade.

walk.JPG

My scale was my friend today, I'm down another 1.4lbs @ 173.2! I had to step on the scale 4 times just to make sure the reading was accurate. Actually the last time I stepped on the scale I put on some clothes (usually do it in the nude ) and the scale didn't budge so I'm taking it!

Have a great Monday everybody!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

glad to see you all on track. I came home and immediately needed some comfort food. I was so glad to be home that I ate higher carb than normal.
I also ate some yoghurt today. I am not feeling so great so thought a little higher carb might help. I've been feeling these chills and tiredness so hoping that this goes away soon. I do hope that I did not pick up any bugs while away at this training.
Have a lovely day everybody. will catch up soon.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #87
Big Yapper!

Love shaded trails. WTG on the scale drop! Yahooo! Yep, another storm on its way. Will start tonight or maybe even before I leave the farm around 6. The real bummer about all of this is, the longer winter hangs on for dear life, the shorter spring is going to be. Summer will come quickly and spring will be taken from my hot little hands. I need a longer spring!!! I love the milder seasons. I live for them to come and when they don't, I feel robbed.

Lola, I hope you're not coming down with a cold. Take good care of yourself. Pop a bunch of Vitamin C's and Echinacea or whatever else works for you. Zinc is also something that is supposed to help with illness.

It's still summer there, isn't it? How close to Autumn does it feel to you down there? I ask because I'm trying to peak around the corner, and I also want to know how things are down there with you.

Have a lovely day, ladies. Hugs!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melsie52
Stats: 202/190/140
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 12, 2014
Hello May I Join You? This is my first day of induction and so far so good. My sweet husband is helping me in all ways. We just moved to Florida and of course the scales are packed and that maybe a good thing, because I see the doctor and get weighed every 3 months anyway to get my A1c checked for my diabetes 2. I feel there is nothing better then the original version of Dr. Atkins 1972. I can't wait to talk to you all and get any info that will help me on my lifelong way of eating.....Melanie
Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

hey!

Hi Melsie! Of course you can join. Welcome!
I'm Donna - here off and on.

was doing really well until we went to Denver for my son's wrestling tourney. My hubby who is normally very supportive, bought me a burger covered in BBQ sauce & onion rings. then - during the tourney - (all the snacks I packed were long gone) - there was only really really expensive 'fast food'. UGH. to make matters worse - my son got hurt. his shoulder is sprained - on the front, top & back. he's in a great deal of pain.
so... needless to say - my renewed vigor was sapped. however i haven't strayed far. i've been pretty good but have been SOOOO HUNGRYYYY!!! it's just awful. i can't seem to get enough to eat and as usual - meat is starting to be gross for me.
been snacking on nuts, dried unsweetened coconut, cheese sticks, & cottage cheese. i find that i eat more 'snack' type foods than real meals right now. i like little bites more often - ya know??? anyway - does anyone have any other suggestions for snacky things? (and yes, celery & salad mix are staples! )

hope you are all well
beautiful day out today. LOVE CO weather!

Love & Light
Labyrinth
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #90
Big Yapper!

Hey, Melanie! to our humble monthly thread. We start a new one at the beginning of each month so if it seems like we've all dropped off the edge of the earth, we've move. We try to leave a "LC" breadcrumb trail.

I'm really glad to hear you say your hubby is very helpful. That will make this that much easier. Where did you live before moving to Sarasota? How are you liking it so far? Best of luck with Atkins '72!

Hey, Donna! Good to see you again. I'm sorry your son got hurt the other day. I hope he is in much less pain now. Poor thing! And I'm sorry your hubby bought you all that naughty stuff at the game. Do you think that's why you've been so hungry? Seems like certain foods act as triggers and then it's all over.

Snack foods on Atkins '72. That's the universal question that is hard to answer. You said you like the celery. Have you ever stuffed celery with cream cheese? I like to salt them and they're really good. Jalapeno poppers (same idea) are also great. I used to use real bacon bits on them instead of trying to wrap a slice of bacon around each half slice of a pepper. YUM!

Maybe you can come up with a good LC stuffing for mushroom caps. I'm assuming you like stuffed mushrooms like I do. Then there are deviled eggs. I've heard some people make fried cauliflower florets and baked kale chips and stuff like that. I hope those ideas help you. Beef jerky is also fun.

I know what you mean about being sick of meat. I went through that for over a YEAR. It really made it hard to pick a plan to lose weight on. That's when I sort of went my own way and ate things like yogurt, cottage cheese and shredded wheat with almond milk. No, it wasn't a LC plan but I still lost weight doing it. I also ate fruit a lot. It was a refreshing change after eating LC for so long.

How do you feel about fish? Sometimes tuna salad sounds a lot more appealing than a cheeseburger. You'll figure out what will work for you.

Sleep tight, ladies. It is snowing yet again. Oy! It's trash night and I don't want to go out there with my garbage. The snow is blowing sideways and I just don't want to be pelted in the eyes the entire trip.