Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins '72 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/)
-   -   So slooowwww :/ (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/797731-so-slooowwww.html)

Fitness_Kitty 02-23-2013 07:02 AM

So slooowwww :/

I love Atkins, I'm really good at it lol. But, the weight comes off so slow it drives me insane. Anyone else feel this way that has been doing Atkins for a long time like me?

I do workout about 2 hours a day 6 days a week. I think that's why I get extra frustrated. I work so hard then weigh in and see nothing. I am very physically fit but still have about 40 pounds to lose.

3 weeks ago I did Extreme Fat Smash diet for one week, lost over 10 pounds. Went right back on Atkins, 2 weeks strict induction... lost zero.

Sigh.

Makes me wonder if I should do fat smash, lose the 40 then do Atkins the rest of my life to maintain? I seriously don't like starving, that's why I can't do regular diets long. Esp with how much I work out, I sometimes burn more calories than I eat on a low cal/fat diet. That's just not healthy.

This time, I am sticking to induction... and see what happens. I am going to be patient. I started using Keto Stix the past week too, I cant get above "small", never get a dark purple, ever. Even if I only had 5 carbs the whole day. What the heck!!!! Its beyond frustrating for me and I know I have lost a ton of weight so far and maybe that's why it has slowed down so much. I just don't know, and am venting my frustration. I just want to finish losing the weight and maintain. Atkins is so perfect for maintaining weight.

Thanks for listening :)

Kizz4k 02-25-2013 06:28 PM

Yes, I agree. Atkins is perfect for maintaining. I am very interested in The Fat Smash. I had never heard of it. I have been in induction for two months, do you think if I suddenly switched to fat smash I would gain some back, or would I lose? Tempted, because, as you stated, Atkins is sloooooow.

natosha120 02-26-2013 10:25 AM

u know i feel dukan=maintain on attack but miss fat? hmmm

craving keto again but i lov to eat

Kizz4k 02-28-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicemenezes (Post 16285442)
What's the fat smash? Anyways yea....it slows down once you lose a considerable amount of weight. But please do tell me what's this fat smash.?

Well, I heard someone mention it on one of the boards and so I googled it. It sounds great, as long as I wouldnt gain any weight back I have lost on Atkins. I'm sort of scared to switch. Look it up and tell me what you think?:shake:

Kizz4k 03-03-2013 12:39 PM

Alice-let me know how it goes, please :)
There is a forum on this website where people do a low-fat 0 carb diet they call Stillmans. I've been following the boards and they are losing a steady pound a day. It's very strict, but it sounds do-able, especially during a stall to get the numbers moving again.

Fitness_Kitty 03-08-2013 07:14 PM

Fat Smash is a book by Dr Ian Smith. He just came out with a new diet called Shred.... so I went ahead and started that over a week ago. I lost 6 pounds the first week. I'm on week 2 now.

Basically you are eating 4 meals a day and 2 or 3 snacks. I am enjoying these foods a lot. But I miss Atkins and know I will be back someday :)

I cant post any links to the diet book in here, I dont think thats allowed. But in Facebook you can type in "Sredder Nation" and the book is in Amazon. The Fat Smash diet I did is actually called Extreme Fat Smash by Dr Ian Smith. Its harder cause not enough food in my opinion. But I can do a week and lose a lot (12 pounds). Anyway, Shredding is way better lol.

I will be back to Atkins though after this 6 week Shred diet. The average person loses 20 pounds in 6 weeks, 4 inches and 2 pants sizes. So, we'll see lol.