Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9
Gallery: larrsz
Stats: 240/237/203
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 17, 2014
Will Atkins '72 Stop the Insanity?

I am a multi time failed "expert" on Atkins. I managed to lose 40 lbs. back at the turn of the century (sounds long ago, huh) and have come back several times since then, always with a bit of success until I start trying to out think the plan... you know, the take out the fiber, peanut butter is better than nothing, a couple of shots of liquor won't hurt, etc, etc.

Over those 14-15 years, I have still managed to stay lighter than when I started Atkins the first time, but now I am getting dangerously close again and want to get my "shot" again.

For those of you like me, is going back to the basics the best solution? I'd love your comments.

Z

Last edited by larrsz; 02-14-2013 at 02:09 PM..
larrsz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 1,110
Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrsz View Post
I am a multi time failed "expert" on Atkins. I managed to lose 40 lbs. back at the turn of the century (sounds long ago, huh) and have come back several times since then, always with a bit of success until I start trying to out think the plan... you know, the take out the fiber, peanut butter is better than nothing, a couple of shots of liquor won't hurt, etc, etc.

Over those 14-15 years, I have still managed to stay lighter than when I started Atkins the first time, but now I am getting dangerously close again and want to get my "shot" again.

For those of you like me, is going back to the basics the best solution? I'd love your comments.

Z
Although I've gone back to Atkins Induction, I don't usually post on this thread - just lurk. However, since no one else has answered you, I will.

IMHO, as you mention, you're a "failed expert on Atkins". Going back to the basics WOULD be the best solution if YOU really wanted to succeed. So many post how they cheated here and there. IMHO those who cheat aren't really serious about the program.

Soooo, it's not the Atkins program that is the best solution, but YOU are by following it the way you're suppose to.

Good Luck!
__________________
MOVING FORWARD!

Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
This is my first post, I have lost 40 lbs on the Dukan Diet and will be two years this May. I need to lose another 30 lbs. I have been at this plateau for over 9 months. I love the diet, but I need a change in order not to regain my 40 lbs.
I have been trying the new Atkins for the last month. I have lost only a couple of lbs, but I like the diet better. I have no carb cravings because I had worked through all that on the Dukan Diet. That is why I DO NOT EAT any of the Atkins products, especially the bars...do not want to compromise myself in getting back to snacking again!
Now, after reading and studying this website, I think the Atkins 72 is the way for me to go. I have ordered the book and should have it in a few days! I am excited about dieting again!! Plus I bought some coconut oil yesterday...it is soooooo good!! I had trouble staying out of it!! How much can we have of it a day??
Thanks for letting me ramble on here!!
May
May60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
LoriAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,158
Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by May60 View Post
This is my first post, I have lost 40 lbs on the Dukan Diet and will be two years this May. I need to lose another 30 lbs. I have been at this plateau for over 9 months. I love the diet, but I need a change in order not to regain my 40 lbs.
I have been trying the new Atkins for the last month. I have lost only a couple of lbs, but I like the diet better. I have no carb cravings because I had worked through all that on the Dukan Diet. That is why I DO NOT EAT any of the Atkins products, especially the bars...do not want to compromise myself in getting back to snacking again!
Now, after reading and studying this website, I think the Atkins 72 is the way for me to go. I have ordered the book and should have it in a few days! I am excited about dieting again!! Plus I bought some coconut oil yesterday...it is soooooo good!! I had trouble staying out of it!! How much can we have of it a day??
Thanks for letting me ramble on here!!
May
May, If you do not start out slowly with the cocunut oil, your tummy will regret it. some get nausea, almost all have issues in the bathroom if they start off too fast.

I would just start with 1 Tbsp a day and work your way up from there. Some even start as low as 1 tsp per day and work their way up. Whatever your tummy will handle.
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
Thanks, Lori!!
It must not have hurt me so far....when I got home from the store with it last night, I could not stay out of it!!! I thought about putting some in my coffee this morning, but decided to have a spoonful as a treat this evening! It is addicting...it reminds me of a coconut candy bar...was never my favorite, but I have had no candy in almost two years!! Do you know how much we are allowed in a day???
Also, since I am not craving carbs, because of being on the Dukan Diet for so long...how many carbs should I be getting now?? Thanks for the help...I really want this to work!!
May
May60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
LoriAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,158
Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
As far as how much CAN you have, I do not think there is a set amount. I have seen at least one poster who has up to 6 Tbsp a day.

The carb count is more of a personal thing. If I were switching from on thing to the other, I would start at the beginning and work my way up. I would just work my way up quicker than others probably would.

Good Luck!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
Thanks Lori!!
I think you are right...I will gradually work my way up with the carbs! I really like this diet! So much easier than Dukan...I need some fat in my diet!! I was always in the peanut butter and that was a big no no!! However, a tsp of the coconut is very satisfying!! I like having real cream too! I think all this artificial stuff is not good for us!
Take care, May
May60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
natosha120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 740
Gallery: natosha120
Quote:
Originally Posted by May60 View Post
Thanks Lori!!
I think you are right...I will gradually work my way up with the carbs! I really like this diet! So much easier than Dukan...I need some fat in my diet!! I was always in the peanut butter and that was a big no no!! However, a tsp of the coconut is very satisfying!! I like having real cream too! I think all this artificial stuff is not good for us!
Take care, May
what confuses me is calories on dukan lean all no count...but atkins meat n fat but calories....?
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.