Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins '72 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/)
-   -   Will Atkins '72 Stop the Insanity? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/797187-will-atkins-72-stop-insanity.html)

larrsz 02-14-2013 03:08 PM

Will Atkins '72 Stop the Insanity?

I am a multi time failed "expert" on Atkins. I managed to lose 40 lbs. back at the turn of the century (sounds long ago, huh) and have come back several times since then, always with a bit of success until I start trying to out think the plan... you know, the take out the fiber, peanut butter is better than nothing, a couple of shots of liquor won't hurt, etc, etc.

Over those 14-15 years, I have still managed to stay lighter than when I started Atkins the first time, but now I am getting dangerously close again and want to get my "shot" again.

For those of you like me, is going back to the basics the best solution? I'd love your comments.

Z

Sharss 02-16-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrsz (Post 16259697)
I am a multi time failed "expert" on Atkins. I managed to lose 40 lbs. back at the turn of the century (sounds long ago, huh) and have come back several times since then, always with a bit of success until I start trying to out think the plan... you know, the take out the fiber, peanut butter is better than nothing, a couple of shots of liquor won't hurt, etc, etc.

Over those 14-15 years, I have still managed to stay lighter than when I started Atkins the first time, but now I am getting dangerously close again and want to get my "shot" again.

For those of you like me, is going back to the basics the best solution? I'd love your comments.

Z

Although I've gone back to Atkins Induction, I don't usually post on this thread - just lurk. However, since no one else has answered you, I will.

IMHO, as you mention, you're a "failed expert on Atkins". Going back to the basics WOULD be the best solution if YOU really wanted to succeed. So many post how they cheated here and there. IMHO those who cheat aren't really serious about the program.

Soooo, it's not the Atkins program that is the best solution, but YOU are by following it the way you're suppose to.

Good Luck! :)

May60 02-18-2013 09:01 AM

This is my first post, I have lost 40 lbs on the Dukan Diet and will be two years this May. I need to lose another 30 lbs. I have been at this plateau for over 9 months. I love the diet, but I need a change in order not to regain my 40 lbs.
I have been trying the new Atkins for the last month. I have lost only a couple of lbs, but I like the diet better. I have no carb cravings because I had worked through all that on the Dukan Diet. That is why I DO NOT EAT any of the Atkins products, especially the bars...do not want to compromise myself in getting back to snacking again!
Now, after reading and studying this website, I think the Atkins 72 is the way for me to go. I have ordered the book and should have it in a few days! I am excited about dieting again!! Plus I bought some coconut oil yesterday...it is soooooo good!! I had trouble staying out of it!! How much can we have of it a day??
Thanks for letting me ramble on here!!
May

LoriAS 02-18-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by May60 (Post 16265439)
This is my first post, I have lost 40 lbs on the Dukan Diet and will be two years this May. I need to lose another 30 lbs. I have been at this plateau for over 9 months. I love the diet, but I need a change in order not to regain my 40 lbs.
I have been trying the new Atkins for the last month. I have lost only a couple of lbs, but I like the diet better. I have no carb cravings because I had worked through all that on the Dukan Diet. That is why I DO NOT EAT any of the Atkins products, especially the bars...do not want to compromise myself in getting back to snacking again!
Now, after reading and studying this website, I think the Atkins 72 is the way for me to go. I have ordered the book and should have it in a few days! I am excited about dieting again!! Plus I bought some coconut oil yesterday...it is soooooo good!! I had trouble staying out of it!! How much can we have of it a day??
Thanks for letting me ramble on here!!
May

May, If you do not start out slowly with the cocunut oil, your tummy will regret it. some get nausea, almost all have issues in the bathroom if they start off too fast.

I would just start with 1 Tbsp a day and work your way up from there. Some even start as low as 1 tsp per day and work their way up. Whatever your tummy will handle.

May60 02-18-2013 11:41 AM

Thanks, Lori!!
It must not have hurt me so far....when I got home from the store with it last night, I could not stay out of it!!! I thought about putting some in my coffee this morning, but decided to have a spoonful as a treat this evening! It is addicting...it reminds me of a coconut candy bar...was never my favorite, but I have had no candy in almost two years!! Do you know how much we are allowed in a day???
Also, since I am not craving carbs, because of being on the Dukan Diet for so long...how many carbs should I be getting now?? Thanks for the help...I really want this to work!!
May

LoriAS 02-19-2013 09:49 AM

As far as how much CAN you have, I do not think there is a set amount. I have seen at least one poster who has up to 6 Tbsp a day.

The carb count is more of a personal thing. If I were switching from on thing to the other, I would start at the beginning and work my way up. I would just work my way up quicker than others probably would.

Good Luck!

May60 02-19-2013 04:10 PM

Thanks Lori!!
I think you are right...I will gradually work my way up with the carbs! I really like this diet! So much easier than Dukan...I need some fat in my diet!! I was always in the peanut butter and that was a big no no!! However, a tsp of the coconut is very satisfying!! I like having real cream too! I think all this artificial stuff is not good for us!
Take care, May

natosha120 02-26-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by May60 (Post 16268376)
Thanks Lori!!
I think you are right...I will gradually work my way up with the carbs! I really like this diet! So much easier than Dukan...I need some fat in my diet!! I was always in the peanut butter and that was a big no no!! However, a tsp of the coconut is very satisfying!! I like having real cream too! I think all this artificial stuff is not good for us!
Take care, May

what confuses me is calories on dukan lean all no count...but atkins meat n fat but calories....?:confused: