Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
hi everybody!
Well my internet went down last night so I could not share how bad my cravings for some carby food got! I finally cooked some curried eggs which is just some fried onion, tomato with some chilli powder and curry leaf, then slowly added in 3 eggs into the tomato gravy. I had half last night hten the other half for lunch today.
I am feeling the need to cave and cheat so I need to really watch myself or I will fall out of ketosis and all of this week's effort will have been in vain. I want to get into fat burning mode and see some results. Not just this up and down loss of water weight. I want to lose the worst of this belly by the middle of March and wear my jeans by then. I cannot right now wear any of my jeans as it hurts to breathe when I am in my jeans and they cling to my thighs! ugh!
Will take a walk in a while to clear my head if the cravings get too much.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hey Cheryl, I did mention that it starts you in VA; if it doesn't keep you motivated hopefully you'll be able to find something that interest you. There's a lot out there it just takes a little research. Oh, I use to read books non-stop, but my eyes bother me a lot now especially since I'm on the computer all day at work, and I hate being dependent on eyeglasses, so I guess you can say I'm more into pictures than words right now.

Lola - I hope you have a chance to check out the site.

I didn't get to walk last night so I decided to make up for it this morning. I completed 5 miles and my bones are hurting. It's a good hurt, so I won't complain. I'm still in Yorktown on a deserted road near a tranquil lake. Might decide to take a dip before continuing my journey. I have 2.15 miles to go before reaching Jamestown, VA.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Hi SL- I did but did not get far in terms of my search as my internet bummed out. I am trying right now.
lola001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #184
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
hi everybody!
Well my internet went down last night so I could not share how bad my cravings for some carby food got! I finally cooked some curried eggs which is just some fried onion, tomato with some chilli powder and curry leaf, then slowly added in 3 eggs into the tomato gravy. I had half last night hten the other half for lunch today.
I am feeling the need to cave and cheat so I need to really watch myself or I will fall out of ketosis and all of this week's effort will have been in vain. I want to get into fat burning mode and see some results. Not just this up and down loss of water weight. I want to lose the worst of this belly by the middle of March and wear my jeans by then. I cannot right now wear any of my jeans as it hurts to breathe when I am in my jeans and they cling to my thighs! ugh!
Will take a walk in a while to clear my head if the cravings get too much.
Dang it! Why do we get locked into our own patterns of self destruction? You told us before that you do great for a certain number of days and then you struggle. I know you've tried to figure it out but maybe meditate on it a while and see what comes to your mind. Let that be what you focus on during your morning walk/run and see if something comes to you. How else can we get out of the old ways of being if we can't get some insight into what is at the root of it?

I can't wear my jeans, either. I am working on dropping lbs but my own way. Slowly they are coming off and in a week or so, I'll be back in the 100's again. Slowly and eating regular foods but on a limited basis is going to work better for me, so that nothing is truly off-limits. Moderation and balance is what I'm working on now.

I don't think there is a single item of clothing that feels better on the body than a slim pair of jeans that fit just right. Don't you agree? Whoever came up with the creation of jeans must have been inspired from above. They've come a long way since then, but jeans rule! (Especially the ones with a little stretch in them.)

Have a nice day, ladies. I am done with work until Monday and I am going to focus on other things. I have neglected everything else in my life and it shows. TTYL.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #185
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sherry, I work so hard at the farm that I don't feel I need to exercise in any other way. I'd like to get back to the gym but to swim and maybe work the parts of my body that don't get worked on the farm. Which parts those are I don't have a clue. Seems everything gets worked. What I REALLY need is a regular full-body massage. I need to find a place that is affordable and factor that into my budget.

I love that the walking website is so enjoyable for you. Take a swim while you're by that tranquil lake. Heck! If nobody else is around, slide off your clothes and skinny dip.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
Early monring here and there is the slap of rain outside that is so soothing. i got up at 3am to work and instead just carried on reading a book that I had been enjoying. Deadlines .
I will just have to work really hard today to get it all done.
Well i managed to contain my cravings last night by making an OMM but in a soup plate so that it turned out more like a flat hamburger bun and had that with some beef.
SL- I got to that website but when I tried to get in and register I failed.
Ah well I guess there must be something that prevents me from getting it irght.
cheryl- I have so many pairs of jeans but none that fit. I feel so angry with myself for letting the situation get so out of control.
I have consistently been on plan for a week now and most times this has happened my belly gets quite flat but even after a week my belly looks round.
Have some down time with Cisco and re-energise for your next stint at the farm.

I think I will make some more curried eggs for breakfast. I am craving spice right now. will postpone my morning wlak/run until the rain subsides.

Hope you all have a great day all!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Here is the March link folks.
March madness for Atkins 72

Last edited by lola001; 02-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: link not pasting