Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
I am down I.75 lbs! Woohoo!

I think if you are still craving, try adding more fat into your diet...so far it is working for me...will know more in the long run!
For exercise, I have been doing yoga...the weather here is too old to walk in for me. Spring is around the corner....yay!
May
May60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #152
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thank you, May! Will have to try that sometime. That is one of the biggest bummers about a LC WOE. A good bread alternative is hard to find. I hope this one's a keeper. WTG on the nice drop on the scale, too!

Hope everyone is well tonight. Had fun at the farm today. Almost got kicked in the gut! Only reason why I didn't was cause I was 1 inch too far back when the hoof made contact with the right side of my belly. I felt the hoof but it was at the farthest reaches of his kick. I wrote about it on my journal if interested. I'm fine but it shook me up. Learning experience!

Hunkered down yet again for the next winter blast. I need to see some Spring flowers poking up from the snowy earth. I need to see the trees turning green again. It's been way too long, man.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

My Journal.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
May the bread recipe sounds good. I have to stay off of flax for right now, found I was retaining water from it. Once I get into maintenance, hmmm, wonder if that will ever happen??? I can give it a shot.

Cheryl I wish I could send you some of our sunny bright weather. I'm sitting here with windows wide open dressed in a lose cotton wrap. It's really beautiful today.

BF had a change of plans yesterday. He didn't see anything of interest showing at the movies so we decided to go to the Fish Fry instead. That's a nice spot where lots of locals & tourist hang if you want some good fried fish and other foods, but it's mainly known for fish & conch. I was really craving some fried plantain, yeah I know it's a "no, no" but when I go to the Fish Fry its the first thing I long for. Thankfully they were out, so I stuck with LC WOE, fried fish, salad, coleslaw. They were out of diet drinks as well so I had to stick with good ole H20 I guess yesterday was one of those days where I wasn't suppose to cheat. Maybe next week??

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

I'm curious, has anyone ever checked to see what their body type was and the type of exercises that work best for them?

Okay, I googled "the four body types" and it took me to the weight control doctor website. If you scroll down you'll see picture of different body types and right under that you will read To discover your body type, you can do the body type qustionnaire here. If you click on that it will take you to a questionnaire, and once completed it will tell you your body type and exercises that help towards weight loss.

The reason why I found this so interesting is I remember about 2-3 years ago I had gym membership and had hired a personal trainer. That trainer had me doing all kinds of strength training and low cardio but I didn't lose an ounce, as a matter of fact I gained weight! The funny thing is a few years before that I had lost maybe 25-30 lbs doing lC and walking the treadmill. But, yet here I was with this personal trainer, plus LCing and I wasn't losing a thing.

Yeah, I know I'm running on and on. I did the questionnaire and it showed that I'm GYNAEOID BODY TYPE and rather than doing strength training exercises I should focus more on cardio! It talks about a lot of other stuff, but heck, if I had ran across this site back then, I could have saved my money!

I think one of the reasons I've begun to see some weight loss is that I've gotten back into cardio, I don't do high impact because I'm afraid of damaging my knee. I keep it strictly low impact but I've been doing cardio for about 4+ weeks now, and each week I've seen a drop in weight. I was considering getting back into strength training, but after reading about exercises for my body type I'm going to stick with cardio and maybe throw in some light strength training a few weeks later.

I'm sharing because sometimes we find ourselves doing all kinds of exercises and not see any positive results, not knowing it might be the exercises causing weight gain. If any of you decide to give this a shot, please let me know if it works!

Enjoy

Last edited by sldeal; 02-23-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #155
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Lymphatic body

Weight gain occurs over the entire body in Lymphatic women, which gives them a 'cuddly baby doll appearance'. Weight gain occurs very easily for Lymphatic women, as the metabolic rate is very slow, accompanied by a dysfunctional lymphatic system. Cellulite is common in this body type with deposits of fat swollen with lymphatic fluid, giving a dimpled appearance on thick puffy limbs.

For Lymphatic women exercise is not the favourite actitivity. Guidance by a nutritionist is the best way forward to reduce obesity and cellulite, by replacing it with nourishment and vitality. Excellent and long lasting results are then achievable.

See Lymphatic Body Type juicing recipe found in Raw Juices Can Save Your Life page 54, combined with specific body type herbs to help promote weight loss by balancing your metabolism for YOUR body type.
Okay. So without finishing your entire post, I went to the website and this is what I found for my body type. The thing that stands out immediately for me is the part I put in BOLD. Woohooo! Will go and read the rest now.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

Posting on a Sunday as I am feeling pretty good about myself.
right now I have been on plan since Thursday so I have since passed the critical cheat days.
I stayed on plan at the training venue on Friday. I ate only eggs and fish and seafood on Saturday and now on Sunday more egg and seafood. I microwaved some salami and sprinkle on some chilli powder for a kick. Mixed nuts for snacking.
Lunch will be some chicken that I will prepare and a side dish of veg.

I was feeling pretty bad about the size of my body as I had a good friend's wedding to attend on 2 March. Then the worst thing happened, the groom fell off the roof while doing some home repairs on Friday and died on Saturday (on his fiances birthday), a week from the wedding date! We are all devastated by this. He was in his 30s and had so much to look forward to.
Right now the focus is on providing support for my friend.

May - that sounds like the flax muffin that I make - the CO removes the dryness factor that I did not like before.
Yay! on the losses. It feels good!
SL- it is amazing how life changes and we make the right choices. Maybe movies right now is too much of a temptation.
Cheryl- sorry that the HCG did not take off but you know when you got your right head on to start the pellets. You at least know that you are more active than you were a year ago so even if you are not losing weight as you want to you are living a healthier lifestyle.
That news about Oscar Pistorius killing his girlfriend is horrible but it is symptomatic of South African society where men are generally very violent and aggressive. The men here need serious education and sentisation about managing anger and conflict resolution. News of rape and murder of women and children occur on a daily basis that it only gets sensationalised when it is a public figure. ( and I get off my rant.)

Have a great day everybody. It is a cool day that promises to get really warm later. Yesterday I spent two hours on the lake in the canoe rowing about feeling the need to find some peace.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Friends

Having a protein shake spiked with coffee. I think I will run over to the shops to get a tub of cream to add to my protein shake.
will take a walk a little later.
Just chilling and checking out stuff online. Marinated some chicken pieces with garlic, ginger, salt, bayleaf, vinegar and olive oil for the grill later.
SL- will check out the body type and post my results.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

I'm an Android body type.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Hey, I'm glad everybody checked out the site. Don't forget to click on the wording beneath the 4 women figures in bold blue "To discover your body type, you can do the body type questionnaire here. " Once you complete the questionnaire it'll take you directly to a site that would be most beneficial for your body type.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #160
Big Yapper!

Oh, Lola. I'm just devastated by your news of your friend's fiance. I can't imagine the pain and mourning going on in your world over this tragedy. I can see why you would need to find some peace out on the water. There's no better place to find peace than around water. I believe that. Mountains are a close second.

I'm also sorry to hear you say that about the male culture in SA. I assumed when I heard of his situation that it was a steroid incident (since he's an athlete.) Even worse to hear that it's nothing out of the ordinary down there. I'm so glad you found yourself a good man in that environment. You are very blessed.

You're doing amazingly well on your eating plan. And with all that is happening in your life right now, that really shows your dedication. Do what you can to help your friend. I don't know what you really can do, other then let her cry and hold her tight. What a horrible thing.

About that body type stuff, I can't see where they go into what diet you should be following for your body type. But I do like that they said my types don't need to exercise. At least that's how I'm reading it.

Hugs to all of you today. Peace, too.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #161
Big Yapper!

Oh, thanks Sherry. I didn't do that. Later I will see what it says. I have the farm in an hour and need to drink some coffee right now.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Okay, this is so me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
People who are gynaeoid, or "pear-shaped," tend to carry extra weight in the lower body around the hips, thighs and abdomen

Challenges
The gynaeoid body type falls into the endomorphs category of people. Endomorphs tend to store more fat and have a more difficult time losing weight than other body types. Challenges that gynaeoids have with exercise include choosing the right types of activities to ward off weight gain.

Gynaeoids should focus on cardio activities such as running, bicycling and swimming to burn calories. To lose or maintain weight, engage in activities that will burn enough calories to counteract those consumed.
When I was much smaller I use to do biking, hiking up the mountain and swimming. I guess I better go back and find my 'first love'.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
Been busy the last two days..I am up a lb, but that seems to be normal for me. My way in day is on Mondays, so hopefully I will show a loss tomorrow!

Lolo, what a terrible thing to happen to the groom!! So awful!! I am sorry!!

Yes, the CO does make the bread very moist..I love it...you can cut it in two and make toast from it too!
May
May60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
My sticking to plan has shown some results - down to 65.2kg. Can't remember what I was last I weighed.
I stayed true to plan but I did drink a lot of red wine. We are all still in shock from the news. She has no family so friends have been rallying around her. Her brother lives out in the UK so he came down yesterday for the wedding prep and instead will have to help his sister prepare for the funeral.

I am so ready for this week. I bought some hamburger meat and beef as well as some veg to keep me on track. I need to get some fats - thought I need a bottle of coconut oil.
Have a great day everybody.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mumasatus
Stats: 171/153/130
WOE: VLC/MP/HF
Oh. Lola, that is so sad a out your friend. I'm glad you are there to love on her and give her support.

I am down to 149 this morning. I'm not having trouble staying on plan, so hopefully I will see even greater losses this week.
Mumasatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Hi genevieve- yeah - it is so sad. We just cannot come to terms with what has happened. So great that you are showing steady losses.

right now I ate microwaved scrambled eggs. It was so dry as it had no fats.

chat later.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #167
Big Yapper!

Nice new Avi, Genevieve. Very flattering.

for all of you who are staying on-plan and even losing lbs and inches along the way. KUTGW.

I have the farm again today and all the way through Wednesday night. I am going to be one dog-tired woman when this four-day stretch is through. At least the weather is cooperating thus far.

Have a nice day. Lola, God bless and strengthen all of you as you work through this unimaginable time.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Lola, Iím so sorry to hear about your friend, itís so tragic. Thank God she has friends like you to lean on at this time. Like the Minister said at my friendsí funeral ďWe donít know why, because we donít think like God.Ē Life is so baffling at times. Iím happy to see youíre still on plan. Hang in there.

May, keep up the good work. Iíve been hearing so many good things about CO I really have to try it one day. Well, letís just say once I get back into the MM Iíll give it a shot. I know there are other ways to consume it, but my main interest was in baking and I wonít be doing any of that for another month or two.

Cheryl, itís nice to hear youíre finally getting some good weather up that way. I admire your spirit on working the farm and I know once spring comes around youíll probably be in your glory. Stay positive with whatever WOE you decide to go with, at some point, youíll see a loss, be it weight or inches.

Congrats Genieve on your loss. Youíre so close to your goal, Good Luck!

I stepped on the scale this morning and Iím happy to be down another .2lbs. Why am I celebrating? Because anything thatís not a gain is worth dancing over!

Penpen & Sweetie if you guys are out there, give us a shout. We miss you.

Oh well, I had a busy day and Iím going to see if I can get some cardio in before I doze. Actually the remaining of this week and next week are going to be busy for me. Iíll still be checking in but there may be a day or two where I won't be able to chat for very long.

Enjoy the remaining of your evening and stay positive!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Just checking in for today. I went out for a jog this morning from 5:30 - 6 am. Felt so energised. Had a protein shake and later for lunch I have some grilled chicken and coleslaw.
Having supper with a friend tonight so it is red wine on the menu but otherwise LC. I will forgo the dessert and make sure that I stay on plan throughout.

SL and Cheryl - thanks for the prayers and support. My friend is going to be further tested as the family has planned the funeral for Saturday (what was supposed to be her wedding day!). I don't know how much a woman can endure but I am hoping her doctor will give her some strong meds to get through it all.

cheryl- wow! I take my hat off to you getting all that physical work done in such awful conditions- snow and cold. Stay away from their hooves and kicks!

SL- great going on the loss.

I stepped on the scale after my run and saw an increase but that is probably due to the amount of liquid I had during the run.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mumasatus
Stats: 171/153/130
WOE: VLC/MP/HF
I'm down to 147 this morning. I'm surprised because we went out to eat last night, and I has a small cup of tortilla soup and a few chips. I guess it was okay because those were basically the only carbs I had eaten all day.

My husband is taking the girls to show goats at the rodeo today. I need to take my son to class, but I can not tear myself away from my warm, comfy bed.
Mumasatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #171
Big Yapper!

Hi, everyone. Genevieve, can't blame you for wanting to stay all snuggley in your bed.

for all of you that are losing. That includes me, right now. I'm down a few lbs myself. Not doing anything special, just eating less and avoiding wine.

Lola, OMG. How could they have the funeral on her wedding day date? You're right. She will need some very strong medication. In fact, I hope she's been taking something all along. Thinking of her sorrow is almost more than I can take. Enjoy your dinner with the other friend tonight.

Sherry, way to be happy over small losses on the scale! 0.2 lbs and it's a party! Hope your busy week is a happy busy and not a drag. My busy week ends tomorrow, God willing. We are getting a rain storm tonight and most of the day tomorrow, so my last farm day for the week is going to be a wet one.

I have a number of things that I need to take care of, once this week's farm days are done. Then it's back to just 2 afternoons a week. Less money but I think more happiness. I'm just beat!

Pizza birthday party for my sister Teresa this Sunday. 5pm we shall all meet at her pizza restaurant of choice. It must be one of her favorites cause it isn't one of any of ours. Oh, well. According to my Mother, Teresa was not sure where to go and my Mother only wants to go where they serve an Antipasto. I'm sure that swayed us toward the place they chose. Thanks, Mom. :/

I can hear a hawk going on about something outside. He sounds like he's sitting in a tree and just making a lot of racket. Very strange. Maybe he's celebrating having caught a meal.

Well, have a nice day, everyone. I will bbl so will catch up with all the news then.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Great news! I decided to walk across America. Yeah I know just the thought is hysterical, but let me back up.

For cardio I'm doing Leslie Simone's "walk at home". I'm doing her 2 mile and it's fierce, each time I complete the drill I'm exhausted and drenched with sweat. But on the other hand that could mean I'm out of shape.

Anyways, I decided since I'm doing this walking thing I needed something more to keep me motivated. So I checked out the walkathome . com site and I read you can go to a site called "exercise .lbl . gov." It's for people who want to walk across America virtually. It starts you out in Virginia and every time you put in your miles for the day it tells you where you are and will post it on a map so you can see your progress. Also for each mile or so that you accomplish you get this nice visual picture which gives you an idea of what that area looks like. You can also ask for partners, which I did, but I'm not sure what all you can do with a partner, perhaps check on each others progress everyday??? Its a really neat site plus I figured it would keep me motivated. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much weight I can lose doing this but I'm sure I'll lose the inches.

Also on walkathome . com site there's a group I joined where we can follow up on each other's progress (not sure about that neither).

I think I completed 10 miles already (been walking since Saturday). I have 3.03 mi to get to Williamsburg, VA. It appears I'm walking on a lone road in a wooded area (would hate to be on that road at night ). At the rate I'm walking I estimate reaching the west coast within 5-6 months, that's if I don't drop dead first. I'm assuming I can do 2 miles morning & 2 miles evening for 2 weeks; then go to 3 miles.

If either of you decide to do the virtual walk across America I would love to be your partner.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Geneive & CherylCongrats on our weight loss

Cheryl - I hope you get some well deserved rest on your days off; I know you can use it, what with you almost getting knocked out of your wits with a hoof!

Lola - happy to see you were able to get out there and get some cardio in. Sounds like great determination; remember to take it one day at a time, I know you can do it.

May - I hope things are still going well with you and your WOE.

Oh well, time for me to continue my walk across the States. I'll let you know where I end up tonight.

Enjoy your evening.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
SL- walking across America is such a cool idea. One of the things about running that kills me is the monotony. Having a record of your progress on a map is a brilliant idea. Will check out if we have a local equivalent.
Yay on the weightloss as well.
Cheryl- great going on the weightloss as well. Do hope that the farm work gets easier - working outside and at the mercy of the weather must be awful. It is better when you do what is more manageable.
May- how is the week going?
Genevieve- great going with the loss.
I had supper with a friend last night and we shared a bottle of wine. We had a great time and we ate at a Greek place so I had a wonderful grilled chicken breast with a greek salad with the most yummy, rich slab of feta and soft black olives. Instead of choosing a cake for dessert I had a cappuchino with cream.
I felt so good that I did not cave as I normally do.
My next hurdle is now a work breakfast meeting at a cafe near work. I will have to make sure that I eat on plan. at this point I cannot get cocky and too sure and maintain my vigilance. As I mentioned too many times to count I am my worst saboteur.

Weight this morning shows 66kg -wonder why it is up? I thought I was finally out of 66 and well on my way down.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #175
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Great news! I decided to walk across America. Yeah I know just the thought is hysterical, but let me back up.

For cardio I'm doing Leslie Simone's "walk at home". I'm doing her 2 mile and it's fierce, each time I complete the drill I'm exhausted and drenched with sweat. But on the other hand that could mean I'm out of shape.

Anyways, I decided since I'm doing this walking thing I needed something more to keep me motivated. So I checked out the walkathome . com site and I read you can go to a site called "exercise .lbl . gov." It's for people who want to walk across America virtually. It starts you out in Virginia and every time you put in your miles for the day it tells you where you are and will post it on a map so you can see your progress. Also for each mile or so that you accomplish you get this nice visual picture which gives you an idea of what that area looks like. You can also ask for partners, which I did, but I'm not sure what all you can do with a partner, perhaps check on each others progress everyday??? Its a really neat site plus I figured it would keep me motivated. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much weight I can lose doing this but I'm sure I'll lose the inches.

Also on walkathome . com site there's a group I joined where we can follow up on each other's progress (not sure about that neither).

I think I completed 10 miles already (been walking since Saturday). I have 3.03 mi to get to Williamsburg, VA. It appears I'm walking on a lone road in a wooded area (would hate to be on that road at night ). At the rate I'm walking I estimate reaching the west coast within 5-6 months, that's if I don't drop dead first. I'm assuming I can do 2 miles morning & 2 miles evening for 2 weeks; then go to 3 miles.

If either of you decide to do the virtual walk across America I would love to be your partner.
HOW COOL IS THAT?! I am going to check out that site, for sure. I actually love the book called, "A Walk Across America" and the book written by the same author, that completes the walk to the Pacific Ocean. Thank you so much for telling us about it! I actually had an apartment in Williamsburg, VA! I did a 13-week travel assignment in Newport News and lived in Williamsburg. Too funny.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #176
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Everybody
SL- walking across America is such a cool idea. One of the things about running that kills me is the monotony. Having a record of your progress on a map is a brilliant idea. Will check out if we have a local equivalent.
Yay on the weightloss as well.
Cheryl- great going on the weightloss as well. Do hope that the farm work gets easier - working outside and at the mercy of the weather must be awful. It is better when you do what is more manageable.
May- how is the week going?
Genevieve- great going with the loss.
I had supper with a friend last night and we shared a bottle of wine. We had a great time and we ate at a Greek place so I had a wonderful grilled chicken breast with a greek salad with the most yummy, rich slab of feta and soft black olives. Instead of choosing a cake for dessert I had a cappuchino with cream.
I felt so good that I did not cave as I normally do.
My next hurdle is now a work breakfast meeting at a cafe near work. I will have to make sure that I eat on plan. at this point I cannot get cocky and too sure and maintain my vigilance. As I mentioned too many times to count I am my worst saboteur.

Weight this morning shows 66kg -wonder why it is up? I thought I was finally out of 66 and well on my way down.

Lola, I'm getting a real sense of peace and stability from reading your posts of late. I hope that doesn't mess up your odds but I had to say what I'm seeing in you. It's really great! Are you feeling a peace about it?

I hope you can find a South African equivalent to the American Walk thing. If not, just take a trip to the States! And let us know when you're in one of our neighborhoods.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #177
Big Yapper!

The Weather. Well, it was "dry" today with very deep mud. Sleet tonight turning to rain. We are supposed to get a few inches of rain. :/ Might be done by the time I head back to work. SOOOOOO ready to put this super-busy 2 weeks behind me and get back to my normal, light schedule.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Lola I don't generally drink wine, but a bottle was placed in my valentine basket. I was curious about carbs and when I checked the contents it showed 20 carbs per 8oz. Pending your wine and the size of your bottle you probably consumed a few more carbs than planned.

Cheryl I hope you do get a chance to check out the site and give me your thoughts. When registering you might find the site a bit slow, just be patient. I never heard of A Walk Across America but if the author filled it with scenic pictures I can only imagine. I love the scenic shots I'm getting, kinda want me to see more.

I walked 2 miles last night and 2 miles this morning. I'm now in Yorktown, Va, it's secluded where I am with a bunch of trees and 1 lonely car passing me by. I have 7.08 mi to walk before getting to Jamestown, VA.

Lola if you never traveled to the States I'm sure you'll enjoy the virtual tour.

Also anybody interested in walking or just love walking but can't get out the house for whatever reason check out walkathome . com I found 3-4 full video's on youtube that I will be following, but there are also some free full video's (1 & 2 miles) on the walkathome . com site as well. I'm using her videos for now to post miles but once I find my pedometer I'll venture outside onto the track or beach for a walk.

I had a goof yesterday. A colleague was eating Domino's cheesey bread, oh, do I love their cheesy bread, I think it's the best! Anyway he offered me a slice and I took it, normally I would refuse, so not sure what got into me. It was a small slice but I'm sure it had no less than 15 - 20 carbs I won't lie it was delicious and I have no real regrets, just wish I had more willpower; I know I'm going to hate myself when I jump on the scale Monday. But now that I'm thinking about it maybe it was a good thing. I had been pondering on whether I should make Saturday a carb day and I had set my mind on pizza, but after eating that cheesy bread I decided I'll wait until later down in March, maybe by that time either my inches or weight will be down a bit more and I won't feel miserable going up on the scale when I decide to indulge.

Gotta run, take care guys!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #179
Big Yapper!

I went to the website and signed up but it's not exactly what I thought it would be. I thought it actually started where you were starting (geographically) and then went West. It starts you in VA no matter where you live. I think it's really cute and a great idea but it's not going to be enough to get me walking. I'm glad you're finding it inspiring, though.

That book does have some pics. If that sort of thing interests you, I'd go see if I could find a used paperback copy on Amazon. The book that follows "A Walk Across America" is "The Walk West." Between those two books, they make it to the Pacific.

Farm again today. I am so done!!!! Raining and supposed to end before I have to go there. One way or the other, this day will be behind me and I can take 4 days to recuperate.

Don't sweat the cheesy bread mishap. It won't do you in, as long as it doesn't lead you to feeling guilt and eating more naughty things.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

hi Everybody
working late this evening so hubby went out for a drink with his cousin. Just called to say that a 17 year old boy bumped the back of his car (boy does not have a licence!) What an awful way to start your evening.
SL- thanks for the info re the wine. don't stress the piece of bread. You have been so disciplined so far.
cheryl- hang in there - the week is almost over. I feel more stable eating wise and feel less inclined to eat any old way.
Going to check out the walking website. does not matter to me where I start.

I have had another day on plan! yay!
Have a wonderful evening everybody!