Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #121
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sorry for what? I'm just trying to keep from posting the same stuff on multiple threads. I write about it on my journal and then I also write about it sometimes on the horse lover's thread. Seems silly to write stuff over and over again, so I just directed you over to the journal. Sorry if it came off as being uppity. I'm not an uppity type.

Freaking rotten day for the farm today. Wind gusts in the 40 mph range and temps only in the 20's, dropping down into the single digits overnight. Will dress for the weather conditions and just do what needs to be done. I think I have about 3 volunteers that come on Sunday so I should have plenty of help. I never do Sundays ordinarily.

Have an awesome day, everyone. Be well and enjoy your way of eating! I'm starting my hcg weight loss phase today. Wish me luck and lots of energy! I will need it.

"Free your mind and your @$$ will follow."

My Journal.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Thanks everybody for your thoughts. It was my BIL who passed (well I'm no longer married so he's more like a friend). I understand he was sick for a few days and nobody expected his passing.

Well I succumbed to one of my Valentine chocolates yesterday it's been awhile since I had a taste of chocolate candy and I did enjoy it I put the remaining box of chocolates in the freezer for some other day. Let's hope I not tempted

Cheryl good luck with hcg, I know my sister did it an lot 55+ lbs in 6 months.

Sweetie, Lola, Penpen -hope you guys have a fantastic evening. It's a bit chilly over her so I'm bundling up and hoping for some warm weather tomorrow.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

It is a real Monday today and my mood is definitely militant. I have been sorting out stuff that has been troubling me for a bit on the workfront as my work colleagues speak another language and due to their own needs I find them talking to each other in their own language. I naturally don't need to be included in their conversations but when they use their home language in meetings that I am a part of I feel so irritated!
Well I am so determined that I will be on plan this week that I have given myself a good talking to about what I want to achieve and how I plan to achieve this.
SL - Sorry about your loss. any loss is a shock to the senses and a realisation of our mortality.

Will catch up later. Have a great day everybody!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #124
Big Yapper!

I found this for you, Lola. Sometimes it's much easier said than done but it's worth mentioning. I hope it makes you smile. I know what you are saying about your coworkers. Same thing happened to me at one travel nursing job; strangely enough, it was an assignment I took right here in CT. Any word on the interview for the other place? Please know that we love you and you can come to us for a hug anytime you need one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smiley.jpg (41.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #125
Big Yapper!

Hey there, Sherry! I hope to follow in your sister's footsteps.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys, I had a major surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning. I was down 2.4 lbs! Last week I was 179.2; today 176.8. I'm now down 10.2 lbs since starting this WOE!

I realized I had to lay off flax for a while. Although it's good for you it was causing me to feel bloated. When I checked it out online I read where flax retains water. I was eating MM & flax cookies routinely. Sorry, I was rushing again this morning so I didn't take measurements, I'll probably change my weigh in & measurement days to Sunday, I'm more relaxed then.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #127
Big Yapper!

WTG, Sherry! Very nice drop. Good thing you made the connection with flax and retention. I used to enjoy those one minute muffins.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Lola I'm sorry you're having problems on your job, that really sucks when your colleagues try to isolate you. I'm praying something will come out of your last interview. Just continue to hang in there!

Cheryl I'm sure you're going to do well on the hcg, I'm definitely pulling for you.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everybody

Thanks for the support. I am managing the situation but not nice. I did not get the job but I plan to keep working on that.
I finally got out o fmy home today and went for a 30 minute walk. I felt so energised. The roads were not too dark at 5:30am so I am happy about the sense of security I feel.
Food this monring was an energy drink while I walked and after that I had a protein shake.
i am so ready for this day. Will eat only meat and veg.
I am actually observing training today in another province. Good set up.
Have a great day everbody and will post a bit later.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: May60
Stats: 245.75/205/169
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2/17/2013
Hi! All you lovely people! May I join your group??

A little history on my part. I been on the Dukan diet for almost 2years and have lost 40 lbs. I love the diet, but have been stuck here for over 9 months. I decided it is time for a change. I have been reading up on every diet out there. I decided on Atkins. I bought the book, but it is the newer addition. I will not buy any of the products because I have conquered my carb addiction and do not want to go there in eating those bars. Too much of a "snack" item for me!! I believe in eating real food!! However, I would use some protein powder if I could find some that works well with Atkins. After reading the blogs on this website, I decided to go with Atkins 72...plus, I have ordered the book and I should have it in a few days!
I bought coconut oil for he first time he other day, and I have fallen in love with it!!!! I need to know how much we are allowed to use daily...as I type I gave some in my coffee!! Yum!! And I always drink it black!!
Okay, since starting Atkins on January 14th of this year, I have lost 8 lbs!! Very happy since I have been on a plateau forever!!! I have 30 more lbs to lose! I started out on the induction. I don't know weather to start adding carbs back...as I said before, I do not have the craving because of being on Dukan for so long! I have not had bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, or and sugar since..I cannot go there. This is the way I will eat for he rest of my life! I am 62 years old!
Thanks for listening and I would appreciate feedback. I was on a Dukan site, and I could not have gotten this far if I had not had the encouragement from all those wonderful people or friends as I now call them. I will stay in touch with them!
May
May60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mumasatus
Stats: 171/153/130
WOE: VLC/MP/HF
Hi everyone. I don't think I have posted since May when I was getting ready to go to Barcelona with my husband.

I was approaching my goal weight and we were so happy to have a little time to just enjoy each other's company. When we got home, we decided we really wanted another baby (because 5 just isn't enough). Fortunately, I was able to get pregnant easily, which turns out was practically a miracle at 46 years old. Unfortunately, I ended up having a later stage miscarriage which was ridiculously traumatizing after having seen a healthy baby via sonogram.

The whole situation caused a bunch of hormonal turmoil as well as depression. I just gave up on everything.

I'm climbing out of the depression. I've been LCing again for 8 weeks and have lost 16 pounds so I'm starting to feel better physically.

Easter Sunday was my due date, so I'm feeling a bit fragile, but hopefully by then I will be close to goal, which would be some consolation.

My daughter's soap business is doing very well. In fact, we are doing a new 8 week fair in Austin Texas. I will probably be selling soap on Easter Sunday which might hurt my husband's feelings, but might be a good distraction for me.

In any case. I'm happy to see familiar faces and hear that everyone is doing well.
Happily married to the man of my dreams for 20 years
Mumasatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #132
Big Yapper!

, May! Sounds like you're doing great so far. If you are satisfied with your food choices, I'd just keep going eating what you've been eating. When you get bored, start dabbling in other carbs. Happy experimenting!

Genevieve! It's been so long since we've heard from you. I'm so sad for your loss. I can't imagine your sorrow but I'm glad to hear you say you are starting to come out of the depths of it. I think your plan to stay busy on Easter is a good one.

You are the lady with lots of goats, right? Please remind me of all your details. You have a farm and you home-school, is that right? And the soaps and other products are goat related. I need a refresher in all things Genevieve!

I'm so glad you came back and will be hanging out with us again.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Yes to everything you remembered. We have 5 children, and homeschool although the oldest 2 are in college now.

We have goats and my oldest daughter started a business making goat milk products and selling them. Helping to run her business is another full time job.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #134
Big Yapper!

Well, since we chatted last, I have been given a part time job at the therapeutic riding center that I had been volunteering at for a year. It's keeping my busy and this winter's been atrocious, but it's nice to not be so strapped for cash. And I love the horses so it's the best way for me to earn money right now.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

That is so fantastic! We have one literally on our street. My teenagers have volunteered there for years, and my 6 year old takes lessons with a group of neurologically typical siblings.

What great news.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #136
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I was elated. They called me on the 3rd of January and asked me if I was interested in a part time job doing what I'd been doing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! It was exactly what I had been hoping and praying for since I began to volunteer there. Now I just need to get my body back in check so I am better able to handle the workload.

Tomorrow is my regular afternoon shift so I will be back out there in the wind. It will be cold again, too. But we soldier on! Goodnight, ladies. See you tomorrow. Hugs!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Another day on plan. I was very impressed with myself as I did not eat the sweet doughnuts that my housekeeper fried up or the chocolate that my hubby bought to make me feel good or the biscuits at the training. I had a glass of wine before bed and that was purely for relaxation.

Today has been good so far. had a chicken salad for lunch. wil lgo for a walk later this evening.
Working from home tomorrow so will work different hours.
Genevieve- so great to hear from you again. for your experiences. they really affect your motivation and thought processes as you move from a space where you are thinking smart to thinking survival.
glad to see you back in.

Welcome May! Atkins 72 actually affects your mood. It makes me feel happier and lighter. hopefully you have the same side effect! \

have a great day everybody!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by May60 View Post
Hi! All you lovely people! May I join your group??

A little history on my part. I been on the Dukan diet for almost 2years and have lost 40 lbs. I love the diet, but have been stuck here for over 9 months. I decided it is time for a change. I have been reading up on every diet out there. I decided on Atkins. I bought the book, but it is the newer addition. I will not buy any of the products because I have conquered my carb addiction and do not want to go there in eating those bars. Too much of a "snack" item for me!! I believe in eating real food!! However, I would use some protein powder if I could find some that works well with Atkins. After reading the blogs on this website, I decided to go with Atkins 72...plus, I have ordered the book and I should have it in a few days!
I bought coconut oil for he first time he other day, and I have fallen in love with it!!!! I need to know how much we are allowed to use daily...as I type I gave some in my coffee!! Yum!! And I always drink it black!!
Okay, since starting Atkins on January 14th of this year, I have lost 8 lbs!! Very happy since I have been on a plateau forever!!! I have 30 more lbs to lose! I started out on the induction. I don't know weather to start adding carbs back...as I said before, I do not have the craving because of being on Dukan for so long! I have not had bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, or and sugar since..I cannot go there. This is the way I will eat for he rest of my life! I am 62 years old!
Thanks for listening and I would appreciate feedback. I was on a Dukan site, and I could not have gotten this far if I had not had the encouragement from all those wonderful people or friends as I now call them. I will stay in touch with them!
May
May thanks so much for joining us! A 40lb loss is terrific! I hope you find the same success on your Atkins journey! We're all open to advice so don't hesitate to throw something our way if you feel it will help!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumasatus View Post
Hi everyone. I don't think I have posted since May when I was getting ready to go to Barcelona with my husband.

I was approaching my goal weight and we were so happy to have a little time to just enjoy each other's company. When we got home, we decided we really wanted another baby (because 5 just isn't enough). Fortunately, I was able to get pregnant easily, which turns out was practically a miracle at 46 years old. Unfortunately, I ended up having a later stage miscarriage which was ridiculously traumatizing after having seen a healthy baby via sonogram.

The whole situation caused a bunch of hormonal turmoil as well as depression. I just gave up on everything.

I'm climbing out of the depression. I've been LCing again for 8 weeks and have lost 16 pounds so I'm starting to feel better physically.

Easter Sunday was my due date, so I'm feeling a bit fragile, but hopefully by then I will be close to goal, which would be some consolation.

My daughter's soap business is doing very well. In fact, we are doing a new 8 week fair in Austin Texas. I will probably be selling soap on Easter Sunday which might hurt my husband's feelings, but might be a good distraction for me.

In any case. I'm happy to see familiar faces and hear that everyone is doing well.
Genevieve I'm so sorry for your loss. Its' good to see you're back on track with LCing and I'm sure the soap business with your daughter will be great therapy as well. Stay encourage and it's nice to have you back!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Yeah, I was elated. They called me on the 3rd of January and asked me if I was interested in a part time job doing what I'd been doing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! It was exactly what I had been hoping and praying for since I began to volunteer there. Now I just need to get my body back in check so I am better able to handle the workload.

Tomorrow is my regular afternoon shift so I will be back out there in the wind. It will be cold again, too. But we soldier on! Goodnight, ladies. See you tomorrow. Hugs!
Cheryl I always enjoy hearing your enthusiasm about your job. I wish it could spread over here. Make sure you bundle up well and stay warm. Hopefully spring will come soon and make your job more enjoyable.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Everybody

Another day on plan. I was very impressed with myself as I did not eat the sweet doughnuts that my housekeeper fried up or the chocolate that my hubby bought to make me feel good or the biscuits at the training. I had a glass of wine before bed and that was purely for relaxation.
Lola I can't believe you passed up all those goodies! Okay, maybe the chocolate & biscuits but homemade donuts??? I'm glad for you, but I think I would have taken a little nibble, nah I'm lying, I would have treated myself to one and fret about it the remaining of the evening. Here's a high 5 for staying on track!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome! I am trying to get to know you all!!
I was up .50 lbs this morning, but not upset as I had a good loss the first part of the week!! Probably water weight!
I have been restricting my carbs to 20 since starting Atkins and have lost 8 lbs so far! I think I will stay with 20 till I lose my 30 lbs. I love the coconut oil too!! I ordered a book, The Low-carb Gourmet. It came yesterday...anxious to try some of the recipes in it!!
Are you finding, on this diet, you are not hungry?? Really a difference from the Dukan because I was always hungry!!
May
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Just lost a long post.
SL - I felt pretty good as well. I really need to get into the rhythm of eating on plan without falling off every four days. that for me is the pattern. I stay on plan until end of day Friday and soemthing happens to my mindset on Friday evening. It is almost like a childlike rebellion to the discipline I place myself under.
And then that is the end of staying on plan for the rest of the weekend.

May- if your can get past your cravings for carbs for a week, you will find that your hunger goes away. you then need to keep to a daily schedule to ensure that you eat and your blood sugar levels do not dip and you start craving the bad stuff. It is the reason I moved over to Atkins 72 after being on the South Beach diet. SB diet was good but the lower fat and higher carb levels kept me hungry so I was always thinking about my next meal and food.
Cheryl- Hope you are well. Will pop in to your journal to see what you are doing now.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everybody,

May I find keeping a food log is especially helpful. You'll be amaze at what foods can trigger off your cravings. I remember when I first started LCing some years ago I had a bowl of bean soup, it was quite filling, but for that entire day I found myself craving hard candy. Also, I mentioned earlier in this forum, fried eggs, although I love them, makes me hungry within a few hours, however, scrambled eggs have the opposite affect.

Keep a food log and when you start experiencing hunger, cravings, weight gain, etc. you can always go back to see what might have sparked it.

Lola I guess it's a bit difficult for you because of your family. Generally the weekends are family time and we tend to indulge more than then any other time. Perhaps you can tinkle around with foods around that time. Example, if your family is having pizza, eat the pizza top and leave the crust; or maybe for the week go strictly meat & veggies then on the weekend add a few additional carbs etc. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something that might really help, sometimes it takes lots of creativity.

I made the mistake of eating lots of nuts the other day including pistachios, lots of salt, so I'm now trying to drink plenty of water or green tea to get rid of all that water my body is retaining. I decided, for the next week or two I'll be off of nuts (I keep them at my desk, just in case I need a snack). My sister will be coming here on a cruise within the next 2-3 weeks and I want to make sure I've made some kind of noticeable progress.

Last edited by sldeal; 02-21-2013 at 06:34 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, sideal and Lola!

I do not seem to crave carbs anymore..I found the best rule for me is Do Not Take That First Bite!! My hubby buys potato chips all the time. My son stopped by and said, mom, how do you stay out of the chips?? I said, I do to take that first bite!! It works pretty well for me!
I have not lost anymore weight. I imagine it will be slow going from here on out. I have already lost weight and I am older! That is find..just hope it will be at least 2-3 lbs a month!!
Sideal, I can't leave nuts alone either...I love them!! I decided not to buy any for awhile.

Lola. Sounds like you probably let down over the weekend..try to have something you enjoy to eat and look forward to indulging in...only make sure it is lc.
Cheryl..love the sound of your job!! I love horses too!! I had them growing up, but don't have a place to keep one now...I go on trail rides every time I get the chance.
Same weight loss this morning..still keeping carb at 20. Made a wonderful spinach salad from my new cookbook. Really tasty. I think I will make it again for dinner. How much protein are we supposed to have? I try to eat between 4-6 oz at lunch and dinner. For breakfast, I have an egg and maybe sausage, bacon or ham. This morning, I made a muffin with coconut oil, almond meal, flax meal, and an egg...if you want any of these recipes..will be glad to post them.
May
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #146
Big Yapper!

i'm around, just very busy and trying to rest between farm days, and hiding from the cold and wind whenever possible. hugs to you all! i read all your posts so i'm keeping up with yous.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Back in the training venue. Had a protein shake and two small beef sausages with tea. Drinking lots of water. Lunch will be whatever meat and veg is available.
Feeling more confident.
SL- i need to see eggs as my backup food when my family is eating pizza. What is it about me that I am so strong about every other aspect of my life and completely cave over a peice of toast?
Cheryl- keep warm.
May - yum - share some of the recipes you try and like and acknowledge your source. Would love to hear new ideas.
glad you are enjoying the experience.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Good morning group,

May I'm with Lola, please feel free to share your recipes. But I must warn you, I'm a lazy cook so it has to be quick & easy for me. It happens when you live alone and detest doing any extra kitchen duties.

LolaHave you ever tried Oopsie Rolls or LC Pizza? When my son was home those were the two recipes that helped me. The Oopsie Rolls are mainly eggs and the LC Pizza was pretty simple to make and helped to kill that pizza craving. If I can come across the recipe and if you're interested I'll post for you.

Cheryl I hope you're hanging well with HCG. I'm hoping you will have some positive results to share with us soon.

Here's my dilemma, my BF want us to go to the movies this evening. My favorite foods to eat at the movies were a box of Rasinets, hot dog with relish, coke & popcorn. I know I can go without the popcorn and I can always settle for a diet coke, but I don't know if I can eat the hot dog w/o a bun or pass up the Rasinets I'm not sure what's showing, it's just that we haven't been for a few months and he just want to go. Please keep your fingers & toes cross for me, I know I'm not that strong willed yet, and I really don't want to mess up on this WOE if I don't have to.

I'll keep you posted. Enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #149
Big Yapper!

I crashed and burned. Thanks for reminding me, though. I need to delete my "WOE" details to the left. I just wanted to keep eating crap and so I stopped taking the pellets. Just couldn't get off the ground. For whatever reason, it seems that the first round on hcg always goes a lot easier. It has to be psychological cause it's pathological.

Wow! How do you afford all those snacks when at the movies? I refuse to pay those prices for movie food. I always pack my own stuff in my purse. I suggest you pack some LC snacks like nuts or beef jerky and start a new movie habit. And save a ton of money in the process. Maybe buying Atkins bars would be another thing that would be yummy to nosh on during a movie.

I have the farm this afternoon. Should be milder and less windy. Might not need to wear a coat or hat but that will depend on the wind on the hill. Lola, how is the weather down where you are? Are you entering into Fall yet or is it still hot on most days? Been seeing the story about that runner in Pretoria. Pretty sad, huh.

So that's all I have to say for now. Hugs to everyone out there reading. Have a great day and evening.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

For me, I iced it with cream cheese and sprinkled cinnamon and Splenda on top! Yum! I didn't toast it either!! But may try it that way too??
Enjoy! May

I'm in love I tell you! I have tried a couple of bread recipes but none were worthy of being posted until this one! This is from Ginny's Low Carb Kitchen and utilizes two different flour alternatives along with the toaster to make them more bread-like than many of the others that I've tried. When I first pulled my bun out of the microwave (I made it round to use as a cheeseburger bun) I thought it looked a bit moist and eggy, which is what I don't like about most low carb bread. However, after I toasted it, it really turned into typical bread. It held up to my cheeseburger with plenty of condiments slathered on, without breaking up or getting soggy! This is a real winner right here! I'm going to make another one in the morning to use as an egg McMuffin. I can also see adding some cinnamon and Splenda, or garlic, or rosemary, the list goes on and on of what can be done with this bread!

5 STARS
1 serving
2 net carbs per serving

2 tsp coconut oil
1 large egg
1 TBSP water
1/2 TBSP parmesan cheese
1 1/2 TBSP almond meal
1 TBSP flax meal, Golden preferred
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Splenda (not to sweeten but to bring out flavor)
dash of salt

In a small mixing bowl, melt coconut oil for 15 seconds in microwave. Add all other ingredients and thoroughly whisk together. Find a microwave proof dish or tupperware that is the size and shape you want your bread (Glad sandwich tupperware for square, ramekin or cereal bowl for round are possible items). Crisco spray (Crisco is made with Canola while Pam is made with Soybean) or grease your chosen dish and pour in batter. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Remove from microwave and invert dish to remove bread while hot. Let cool a bit, slice horizontally. Toast in toaster or toaster oven for a bit longer than you would "normal bread".