Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #61
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Not likely! I figured she had to have some sort of set-up like that, to need 4 generators.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PenPen13
Stats: 150/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 09/09/11
Wpw I was just watching my buddy "Jim" from TWC measuring the snow that has already fallen. I think he was in the Boston area but I walked in the room after they had already stated his location. They were saying that in the NY area people are not allowed on the streets after 4:00pm today.
Cheryl I would be doing the same thing, all the window treatments back and out of the way. I think it is beautiful and so quiet when the snow is falling, especially at night for some reason. Then those nasty (but necessary) snow plows come through and make a big dirty nasty mess.
Note on the chai seeds....if you take them everyday they will make you go like a bunny. I have only been using them maybe once a week just to "detox" my system.
To bad we don't live closer, I would bring my boys out to the farm to help. Those young backs need a good workout!
Tonight
D: took leftover chopped chicken, added butter, chicken broth, chili powder, lemon pepper and garlic salt. Sauteed it all together then served it over lettuce with thin slices of cheddar cheese on top. Oh and blue cheese dressing
DBF thought it was pretty good and beat the can of tuna he was about to open for dinner. Thanks honey.....geezzzzz
My real name is Penny by the way!
Off to pick up my son from school. He plays the trumpet and they had a group competition tonight. He should be exhausted by the time he gets home but needs to read. He has to finish his book by Tuesday and still has over 200 pages to go. To bad for him I just read the book so I can quiz him to make sure he is really reading it!
Night everyone!
PenPen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #63
Big Yapper!

Okay. I can rest now, knowing your name really is Penny. Thank you! BTW, what does "WPW" mean? Never saw that one before.

I took one short video tonight out my kitchen's bay window. I will try to figure out how to upload it onto Facebook. I really hate FB but seems everyone else wants to congregate there. I feel exposed when I post there. I don't trust the confidentiality at all. I'd much rather post on Youtube and use my username so no one but who I tell to look for it can know it's me.

The winds are way crazy tonight. They were frisky earlier when I was out shoveling but now they are just insane. I'm so glad to be safe inside where it's warm and cozy. The plow guy never did come tonight so I guess he's planning on doing it tomorrow. I just might have to dig my own side of the driveway out in order to make it to the farm during daylight hours. If the guys don't show at a reasonable hour, I'm calling the landlady and asking her to come plow. They did it once before. This snow is the heavy stuff. Very fine and dense. Perfect snowball snow.

I don't normally tell what I've eaten but I will, for lack of something better to write about. I had 3 mugs of coffee with half and half (3 oz total of cream in the coffee), 3 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, half and half (just a dribble), Tabasco, s/p, and butter (both in the pan and when it hit the plate,) 3 slices of bacon nuked in the microwave.

Later I had 2 cans of tuna with mayo, followed by about an oz of cheddar cheese. Zero Chia seeds. I am disgusted at how long I looked the other way while they did the same thing to me as the damn coconut oil did. I don't know why, but some of these "miracle products" do the opposite for my system. I don't doubt that it did some good for my liver, so I will take it once in a while. But I will be aware of how it affects me.

My poor dog needs to go potty and she is looking at me like, "Do I have to?" I'm going to go with her. Maybe I'll take the video camera and go stand in the shed and film the storm through the open door. I hope I can do that without getting blown away.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

My Journal.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1sweettea1
Stats: 267/156/130
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: January 2013 after roux en y surgery Jan 2012
Yum! Your dinner sounds delish, Pen! I don't use spices like I need to and I've got to get a list going before I go grocery shopping again.

Cheryl, you were the first thing on my mind this morning! Hope you are still safe and warm. I agree with you about Facebook. It's just such a vulnerable site and they change the rules every day. I had an account for about 5 minutes and realized I just didn't need it. So, zip, zap, gurgle, it went bye-bye.

yesterday's effort

B~ EAS, coffee whipping cream
L~ 4 oz grilled salmon with a big chunk of butter
D~ 1 cup spinach leaves plain, 3ozs shrimp, horseradish

My real name is Louise but I've been called sweetie since I was a baby. Even went by sweetie all through school. I'm not sure how accurate it is but that's what I've always answered to and if someone called me Louise, I wouldn't know who they were talking to.

sweetie ♥♥
1sweettea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #65
Big Yapper!

Louise! That's my middle name. I'll try to adjust to just calling you Sweetie. But see? Now that I know your true name and a little story behind it, I'll bet that will be enough to help me remember your details.

It is nothing like we've ever seen before outside. I have taken videos and put my Youtube name and Facebook address in my journal. Just go all the way to the last page. It was one of the last things I posted. Take your pick. I don't know if you can get to my FB page without me "friending you" so try Youtube instead.

But what I filmed last night is NOTHING compared to how it ended up today. And the wind is still sculpting the snow and the drifts keep getting bigger and more strange looking. I will take a picture or two, so you can see the end result. I haven't got time to take more videos. I have a TON (very literally) of shoveling to do in order to be able to ever drive my car down the road again. It is buried!

I can only go out one of my doors and even that one, I had to shove and shove the door to get out. At 0430 I went out with a shovel and cleared off the front porch, down each step and then did a wide path 2/3 of the way to my car. I made it widest at the end. My intention was to make a place for Cisco to do her business and today, she christened it. She's a very routine-girl and I'm relieved that she went in a strange place.

Will take pics now, upload them and post here. Maybe I can get some video later. I doubt I'll be going to the farm to help them today. There is simply too much to do right here.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-09-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Good Golly! Is that your car under all that snow, Cheryl!?! So glad you are ok. Oh my gosh! I just realized that you've shoveled a path that is 2-3 feet high! Wow! Hope the plows have come through and you're not trapped tonight! Whoa!
Stay safe and warm!

sweetie ♥♥
Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #67
Big Yapper!

Yes, Sweetie. The drifts were at least 3 feet high. I didn't measure them but I have time to do all sorts of documentation yet. Rain predicted for Monday. Might be a mix of rain and sleet. :/ Yes, that is my car. It's out from under all that snow now but the plow guy did half the driveway and said he'd return to do the other half once my car was cleaned off and moved out of its place.

Well, he came back and did an excellent job of the next-door neighbor's driveway, then he disappeared. I'm parked in the upstairs neighbor's driveway, in front of the lady's car. I wanted to get mine parked back where it belongs before bedtime but the lady assures me that if they go out tomorrow, it will be in her sig-other's vehicle.

It's past 1am so I need to say goodnight. Bbt.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Cheryl just finished watching your videos, wow, I would have never guessed you guys had that much snow. I'm glad you were able to video the blizzard, that was amazing, almost reminded me of angels floating in front of your window. Beautiful. On the weather channel they showed Connecticut having 41"of snow not sure if that was your area or not, but looking at your car buried in the snow I assume so.

I can't believe you had the energy to shovel that path through the snow, that took lots of physical exercise! I wonder if that's why you're not seeing a loss on the scale? You're probably building muscle without realizing it.

Take care and I'm glad to hear you made it through the blizzard. Let's hope you all don't get any sleet on Monday. I think you all had enough headaches for the week.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

All quiet and hopefully all are snug and safe at home. This has been kind of a, "count your blessings" day, I think.
Keeping you all in my thoughts. =)

Eat well!

sweetie ♥♥
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #70
Big Yapper!

Amen to that, sldeal. Hey! Are you the only hold-out on divulging a first name? We have Sweetie and we have Penny, then we have "sldeal." Fess up, please.

I'm so glad you watched the videos. I never posted anything on Youtube before. I'm glad to finally know how. From there, I clicked "share" to put it on FB, too. When I tried to load directly from computer to FB, it was just not working.

I don't know about building muscles but I do work hard. I can feel my muscles "way down in there" and someday, when they make their appearance, everyone will be in awe. THAT'S when I'll put my own pic in the Avi slot.

Hey, sweetie! I agree with that, too. Counting our blessings is so necessary. It reminds us of how much worse things could be! But seriously, we have so much more than we lack. Thank you, Lord. You Rock! Wait a minute. You ARE "the rock."

I'm tired. I wrote all about my day on the journal in my siggy so if you care to read about it, head on over there. I did the farm but did only grooming and massaging. Very tiring but satisfying. I just wish I could tell if the horses enjoyed it as much as they should have. They're not like dogs, where they start thumping their leg on the floor when you get to the right spot.

Night, ladies. Tomorrow is another farm day. Freezing rain in the morning f/b plain rain in the afternoon. Will dress appropriately and do my best.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-10-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl, are you saying you had to work today in the snow? If so, I take it the farm is pretty close to your home and you didn't have to worry about driving a long distance on those slippery roads. The owner of the farm is really fortunate to have you, your dedication to your job is unbelievable! I work in HR and believe me, we have employees who come up with every excuse in the world why they shouldn't have to work. Most days is mentally tiring. Now only if you can come this way and work for us...

No, I won't leave you in suspense I'm Sherry (pretty close to Cheryl) so I'm sure you can't forget that. As a matter of fact my sister and I have names that are pretty similar, she's Sharon. Some days my father would get our names mixed up and call me Sharon or Cheryl. Also, most days when I introduce myself to people at functions they refer to me as Cheryl, I never bothered to correct them, I guess I'm just not hung up on names like some.

Sweetie Happy to hear you're all snuggled and safe at home. We sometimes forget the biggest blessings are those everyday blessings that we overlook, like being safe and having a roof over our head...

My day turned out great, I made it to church this morning, didn't overeat and got plenty of rest.

Enjoy your evening everybody!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #72
Big Yapper!

Sherry! Thank you, darling. I do so much better with names. I will do my best to remember.

I'm only one of many, many others who are dedicated to this therapeutic riding center. We all have the same passion and devotion to the cause, but mine is more directed to the horses and other animals there. It's like the horses minister to the handicapped kids and adults, and I minister to the horses. In turn, they are my therapy as well. Everybody wins!

The farm is less than 4 miles away from where I live. I took the usual back roads and that might not have been the right decision. I got there and got back home safe and sound. The roads are still such a mess in many places. Much narrower than they are meant to be, too. Tricky and perilous but will get better each day from here on out.

Nobody really owns the farm. The buildings and the land are leased (a free lease, I'm assuming) from a church. A wealthy woman who was a member of the church left the land to the church in order to be put to good use for the community. Isn't that wonderful? It's a wonderful thing all around. It makes me swell up with pride just knowing I am a part of it all.

Back to Sherry or Cheryl, what's in a name? I hear ya. When I was young and I'd tell someone older my name, it got converted into Shirley. Cheryl was a popular name when I was born, in CT. I'm sometimes called Cher by my family but that name seems to be forever taken by you know who.

Sounds like you had a great day, Sherry! Like you said, having our basic needs met keeps us so far ahead of millions of others on the face of the earth. We need to be happy for what we have. We spend too much time "wanting" and desiring things we don't have and usually don't even need. That's the world we live in. Designed to cause us to hand over our money. That's all it is; I'm convinced of that.

I don't know what industry you work in, Sherry but I never had this kind of work ethic when I was in nursing. I almost couldn't help myself when the thought crossed my mind to call in sick. It was like I was possessed. I'd struggle with the idea back and forth but ultimately the idea to stay home would win. I was in trouble for excessive sick days all my life. Even when I was a child and it was school and not work. Now that I've found my passion, that part of me is as good as dead.

I'm really tired so I'm going to relax now. Have a lovely and safe evening, everyone. See you tomorrow, God willing.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl! Look at that beautiful, smiling face!

Hope you are all having a great Monday! Going to do a lot of housework today and hopefully, the cleaning will last longer than a day or two. Doing a mini-spring cleaning while the sun is shining and am starting with the bedding, towels and couch throws.

Gonna try to add more fats today and see how that sits with my tummy.

Have a wonderful day!

sweetie ♥♥
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #74
Big Yapper!

Thanks, sweetie. That pic was taken about 2 years ago. I was feeling very proud of myself and starting to feel and look like I'd lost a great deal of weight. People were starting to notice and I was only around 180 lbs.

It's raining here. I guess it was ice this morning cause the trees looked weighted down and they are now melting and dripping like crazy. I put Cisco out to do her thing and she came back pretty dry so maybe it's not raining presently. The local radar is showing pop-up showers for the rest of the day. Dense fog is also expected.

Good for you, doing all that Spring cleaning! Enjoy that sunshine, also. Must be nice in Georgia right now. My niece went to Emory University so I went to Atlanta twice, but most of my experience of Georgia was Savannah. I love Savannah! I've also been to Jekyll Island. Very nice state.

Farm day for me this afternoon. Will put one foot in front of the other and get the job done. This too shall pass. Have a great day, ladies.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Well, the sun was shining for about 10 minutes and then the rain began. I've been determined though and already have all my washing finished. I've decided that I must have been a mutt in a previous life because I despise vacuum cleaners. No rhyme or reason, just do. Love a clean floor but it's just such a distasteful chore to me. But, a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do, I guess.

Yes, Georgia is a beautiful state but it has changed so much in the last 30 years and traffic is a nightmare no matter where you live. I have family in Savannah and am down there just about every other month or so to visit. I'm about 20 miles north of Atlanta and they are stacking new houses almost on top of one another here.

We've had a cool winter and I am looking forward to Spring. Nothing like having the birds trilling their daily, "get up get up!" to start your day with a smile on your face.

Off to dance with the Hoover!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #76
Big Yapper!

Oh, I know. I love having the windows open and hearing the birdies and the wind chimes on my front porch. Must think of these things to get us through the rest of winter. Enough is enough.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies,

It's nice to see everyone is in good spirits today. Today was my weigh in and I dropped .2lbs. Nah, it's not much but for anything is better then a gain so I'm doing my happy dance I was rushing this morning so I didn't have a chance to take measurements.

We're having beautiful weather today, gotta be in the mid 80's, luv'n every minute of it right now. However, I'm hoping this isn't an indicator of what our summer is going to be like. If so, it's going to be torture.

Cheryl I guess the rain is okay so long as you're not getting sleet. Has it warmed up any? I was listening to the news this morning and they were asking residents to try to clear the snow off of their roofs because the rain adds additional weight and may cause the roofs to cave in. It's been so long since I've lived in the States I don't recall any of this? Did your landland have to clear your roof off? I guess there's no real reason for harm, like I said, I don't remember my parents having to do this to our home in New Jersey, but I was young doing that time so I really can't say. I'm sure you're being careful and that's what's important.

Sweetie it's nice to see you've started your spring cleaning. My sister is coming for a short visit in March (cruise) so I was just thinking I need to get some cleaning done. Usually it's just me so the house doesn't get too dirty, but I know it's time for deep cleaning. Thankfully my son washed all of the windows when he was home for the holidays. I was contemplating planting some flowers around the house, hmmm, I'm just not the out-doorsy person I use to be. So I guess I'll think about it.

Take care all, and I'll try to visit again this evening.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #78
Big Yapper!

The 80's in February must be quite an experience. It must be wonderful living there in the winter. I know you said it's humid in the summer, which I really find surprising. I'd think all that ocean air would keep things moving and freshen the air up on the islands.

It has "warmed up" but only into the mid 40's. It felt colder today in the 40's than it did yesterday when it was sunny and 10 degrees colder. Today it was drizzling the whole day long. Made for a raw, wet work day at the farm.

Only certain types of buildings are at risk of roof collapse due to snow and water. If the pitch of the roof (most normal houses have enough pitch) is adequate, then that's not necessary. This house has been standing firm for 112 years! It's not going anywhere. A couple winters ago, everyone was having their roofs cleaned off. We got snow upon snow upon snow. We were almost continually shovelling out from the latest snow storm. But I called my nephew who is a contractor to ask about the roof on my house (that is in foreclosure now) and he told me about the whole "pitch thing."

Why aren't you "the out-doorsy person you used to be"? You belong outdoors, girl! OMG. I guess we don't always appreciate the area we live in. I think if I were in the Bahamas, I would be at the beach quite a bit, even if it were just to walk along the shore looking for shells. You should have a hammock under a shade tree where you can read a good book while sipping a LC drink (on occasion, of course.)

Get your hands dirty! Plants some colorful flowers. Make them perennials so you don't have to plant them every year. Bulbs are great! I love Lilies the most. They smell heavenly and look amazing. And as cut flowers, they last a long time in a vase in the house. LOVE them.

Ooh! You got me thinking about Spring! It don't take much to get me dreaming about the days when we can open the windows and see life return to our surroundings. Spring is my favorite season of all, followed by Fall. I hate the humidity of CT summers, otherwise I would love Summer a little more.

I'm really tired so it's time to relax. Almost 9pm here and I worked hard at the farm in the drizzle. Time to kick back and chill out while warming up. Goodnight, ladies. Hugs and love all around!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

Glad to be back. Not having electricity was so not good. Had to take cold showers! Faced with a challenge I broke down and turned to carby foods - ate a lot of chinese takeaway due to not being able to cook.
I feel large and bloated but am back on plan. cooked up some lamb with cabbage and also a pot of hamburger meat woith onion, pasta sauce and bell peppers. I added chilli powder adn curry powder to add a bit of a kick.

Everybody has had such exciting weather. All that rain and snow. cheryl, you know what a novelty snow is out here.
I have some cream cheese in the fridge so will make a batch of pancakes (recipe off LC forum).
Will let you know how they turn out. Took the day off yesterday and today.
hope you are all well and have a great day!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Oh, Lola! Bless your heart, a cold shower to start your day is NOT the stuff that dreams are made of! Aren't we ever so lucky to have been born in a time of such luxuries such as hot water out of a tap whenever (mostly!) we want it!

Listen, don't think about the food. Our new lifestyle of eating does not come overnight and we are all human. These obstacles are put into play through no fault of our own and we have a zillion years of survival coping skills that come into play whenever there is no other way for us to survive. In other words, Stuff Happens! Write it down and write it off and do your best under adverse conditions. That's what we all have to do at one time or another.

If we were all perfect and without challenges in our lives, this website would not exist. Everyone would be a cardboard cut-out of everyone else. That will never happen. We are all unique and struggling every day with something. Celebrate the fact that no two of us are alike and fight the good fight every day. Whenever you reach a rough patch just work your way through it and don't look back.

We're all on your side and want nothing but the best for you. The fact that you feel comfortable enough to come here and share your struggles with everyone shows that you are honestly trying and doing your best to cope with life. I find that incredibly honest and brave of you and know that everyone else feels the same way. I don't think there is anything that you could do that would condemn you in our eyes. In a world full of lies and deceit, you are a refreshingly sincere young lady who is to be admired.

Do your best and don't look back! Every day! That's what we're all doing and that's what we'll always be doing for the rest of our days.

sweetie ♥♥
Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #81
Big Yapper!

Lola, how long were you without power? You poor darling! Cold showers are not cool. I'm so glad it's finally back on and you can continue on plan. I've been really tempted to cheat the past couple of days. I found myself in the McDonald's drive-up window at 1 am two nights ago and the only thing that saved me was this place which is supposed to be open 24 hours a day was closed (due to the weather. Probably too many people were still snowed-in.) I was going to do some serious damage there.

This morning I woke very early (before the sun) and I started thinking how nice a breakfast sandwich and hash browns would be (either Dunkin Donuts or McDonald's. Both places are just around the corner from where I live.) This time I thought about how that action would result in my clothes feeling worse on me than they feel right now and that it was a move in the wrong direction, so I made a cup of coffee instead.

The sun just came out! I thought it was going to stay gloomy. Birdies are out there singing away and eating at the feeders on my front porch. I never set up the back yard feeder after the storm. I'd have to trudge through knee-deep snow to get to the shed, then fight my way inside to get the feeder, then trudge to the chain hanging from a tree limb, then fight my way back to the front of the house. Nah! If they want to eat, they can come to the front porch!

Your ground beef meal (chili?) sounds really yummy. I bought the stuff I need to make a bean-less chili this month, too. I really should cook that meal up so it will be ready to eat a bowl at a time whenever I want it.

Cream cheese pancakes? Yum! I have yet to make anything with my new silicone muffin pans. I need to look up some recipes and make some of those. I'll go see if I can find that pancake recipe. I never go over to the recipe board on LCF. That's where you found it, right?

I'm glad you took a couple days off work. Any word on the job yet? Did the interview go well? Keep us posted!

As for me, I'm going to probably make scrambled eggs with cheese, sauteed mushrooms and onions, tabasco, s/p and butter, then later on I'm thinking of a salad with HB egg, bacon bits, a little parmesan cheese and some buttermilk ranch dressing. And coffee, of course.

Have a great day, ladies! If you are having thoughts and temptations like I've been, just stop and ask yourself how you'll feel in your clothes after you've caved to that temptation. Not worth it, is it?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
The 80's in February must be quite an experience. It must be wonderful living there in the winter. I know you said it's humid in the summer, which I really find surprising. I'd think all that ocean air would keep things moving and freshen the air up on the islands.

The summer months are sometimes like a sauna; humidity can be as high as 80%. Some days it's torture.

Why aren't you "the out-doorsy person you used to be"? You belong outdoors, girl! OMG. I guess we don't always appreciate the area we live in. I think if I were in the Bahamas, I would be at the beach quite a bit, even if it were just to walk along the shore looking for shells. You should have a hammock under a shade tree where you can read a good book while sipping a LC drink (on occasion, of course.)

Get your hands dirty! Plants some colorful flowers. Make them perennials so you don't have to plant them every year. Bulbs are great! I love Lilies the most. They smell heavenly and look amazing. And as cut flowers, they last a long time in a vase in the house. LOVE them.

I use to stay in my yard, weeding, gardening, b/bq, etc. but it sort of dwindled. Tried to get back into the gardening thing but I'm too petrified of bugs, lizards, spiders, butterflies (yep), blah, blah, blah. Also, I got into decorative painting and found myself constantly painting and crafting. Now between work & painting I just don't have time. Periodically I'll do some small gardening but not much.

I'm really tired so it's time to relax. Almost 9pm here and I worked hard at the farm in the drizzle. Time to kick back and chill out while warming up. Goodnight, ladies. Hugs and love all around!
I'm wondering how are your clothes fitting lately? I take it you do a lot of physical work on the farm and I'm still assuming you're losing inches if not weight.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LC_Bunny
Stats: 411/180/160
WOE: Atkins '72
Hi guys I need to start posting more, I usually just read through everything.

I did Atkins about 7 years ago and used Sweetzfree. Then stopped following Atkins for a few years and I thought EZ Sweetz was Sweetzfree lol. But I just learned they are not. So I am back to the Sweetzfree stuff. Its very concentrated and no garbage in it.

Anyway just thought I'd let everyone know I do not know the owner of Sweetzfree or anything, just passing along the info.

I also found the old 1970's Atkins book for $4 on Amazon, used of course. I am looking forward to getting that any day now.

Also, have any of you tried dipping your tuna or chicken salad with pork rinds? Sounds gross but its delicious!!! It gives u the crunch factor. I also eat my tuna salad with Banana peppers. It tastes soooo good with the tuna. I even dip my pork rinds in the banana pepper juice.

Cheryl, I'm also in CT and going stir crazy stuck in the house!! Tomorrow kids should be back to school. Can't wait! lol
LC_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Everybody

Glad to be back. Not having electricity was so not good. Had to take cold showers! Faced with a challenge I broke down and turned to carby foods - ate a lot of chinese takeaway due to not being able to cook.
I feel large and bloated but am back on plan. cooked up some lamb with cabbage and also a pot of hamburger meat woith onion, pasta sauce and bell peppers. I added chilli powder adn curry powder to add a bit of a kick.

Everybody has had such exciting weather. All that rain and snow. cheryl, you know what a novelty snow is out here.
I have some cream cheese in the fridge so will make a batch of pancakes (recipe off LC forum).
Will let you know how they turn out. Took the day off yesterday and today.
hope you are all well and have a great day!
Lola, so glad to hear from you. I know not having electricity really does suck! That happens quite frequently over here especially during summer months when you're dependent on your air condition. At one point my electricity use to go off almost every day for at least an hour or more, something to do with the transformers, etc. I can only keep my fingers crossed for this summer.

Let me know how your pancakes turn out. I remember trying to make some LC pancakes but didn't like them, or maybe it was the SF syrup I didn't like Anyway's I hope you enjoy yours.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweettea1 View Post
We're all on your side and want nothing but the best for you. The fact that you feel comfortable enough to come here and share your struggles with everyone shows that you are honestly trying and doing your best to cope with life. I find that incredibly honest and brave of you and know that everyone else feels the same way. I don't think there is anything that you could do that would condemn you in our eyes. In a world full of lies and deceit, you are a refreshingly sincere young lady who is to be admired.

Do your best and don't look back! Every day! That's what we're all doing and that's what we'll always be doing for the rest of our days.sweetie ♥♥
Sweetie, I couldn't agree with you more on this. Life is full of struggles, and it's up to us to make the best of it. The purpose for me joining this forum is for support, none of us would be here if it were easy, our purpose is to keep each other motivated and focused with hopes of us all becoming stronger.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Lola, how long were you without power? You poor darling! Cold showers are not cool. I'm so glad it's finally back on and you can continue on plan. I've been really tempted to cheat the past couple of days. I found myself in the McDonald's drive-up window at 1 am two nights ago and the only thing that saved me was this place which is supposed to be open 24 hours a day was closed (due to the weather. Probably too many people were still snowed-in.) I was going to do some serious damage there.

This morning I woke very early (before the sun) and I started thinking how nice a breakfast sandwich and hash browns would be (either Dunkin Donuts or McDonald's. Both places are just around the corner from where I live.) This time I thought about how that action would result in my clothes feeling worse on me than they feel right now and that it was a move in the wrong direction, so I made a cup of coffee instead.
There must be a bug going around I made a MM on Sunday to go along with my salad. All of a sudden I wanted honey or jam on my MM. I looked all through my pantry for jam. All I could think about was how good my MM would taste with butter & jam. Not only did I visualize it I could almost taste it. I eventually found the bottle of honey but there wasn't much in it, besides my mind was set on the jam. I never found that jar of jam, but I did load my MM with butter. I made some hot coco later and topped it with some whip cream. It was delicious plus it killed my craving!
You see, I'm not particularly fond of jam and I seldom crave it so when I buy it, it last forever. That's why I couldn't figure out why I had to have it. There must have been something in the air
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitness_Kitty View Post
Hi guys
Also, have any of you tried dipping your tuna or chicken salad with pork rinds? Sounds gross but its delicious!!! It gives u the crunch factor. I also eat my tuna salad with Banana peppers. It tastes soooo good with the tuna. I even dip my pork rinds in the banana pepper juice.
Hi Kitty I wish they sold pork rinds over here, I so love them! Especially the hot and b/bq rinds. Whenever I visit family in Georgia I always buy 2-3 bags. I don't eat them all at once, but they're good at replacing my craving for chips!

Oh, and thanks for the update on sweetzfree. I've been considering ez sweetz so I guess I'll do a comparison and make up my mind.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hi Fitness Kitty! Glad to meet ya! Thanks for the head's up on Sweetzfree, I'm always looking for products that will help me with my food intake.

Mmmm...pork rinds as a dipper for tuna! I'm definitely going to try that! I'm thinking that tomorrow will be tuna day!

sweetie ♥♥
Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PenPen13
Stats: 150/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 09/09/11
Hi Ladies
Just sticking my head in to say hello!! Pork rinds....hum...the jury is still out on those. I have been eating them the last few days and they seem to really upset my stomach for some reason. I do buy the hot spice ones so it could be that. But the hot and spice ones hide the taste of them.
So last night for dinner I had :
pulled pork - mixed mayo and hot sauce - mixed it together with the pork and topped it with deluxe cheese. It was really good and I did not miss the BBQ sauce. I even had some slices of cucumber and put little bites on top of those.
Today:
B: protein shake ( first one in about 1 week) but I need a break
L: salad with ranch and chicken salad with mayo
D; ribeye with green beans
S: cheese stick
Does anyone else miss eating fruit?
PenPen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #90
Big Yapper!

Sherry, my clothes are all still uncomfortable. I have a lot to lose before anything feels good on this bod again. That's why I'm growing impatient.

Kitty, my fellow CT-ite, suffering alongside me. HI! I didn't ever know about the Ez Sweetz having a lot of additives. I never heard of the one you mentioned. I guess I'll have to look into it.

I've used pork rinds in the past for tuna salad but it didn't scoop well. I used to take some on a fork and then wipe it on the rind. I'm kind of sick of pork rinds so I haven't touched one in a while.

Wow! I just saw that you lost 190 lbs!!! Over how much time? That's amazing, neighbor! Do you do any exercise? I want to hear more of your story. Have you fallen off the wagon, regained and relost any, etc?? I need to hear your story!!!

Sherry, the more I read about living in the Bahamas, the less it sounds like a good thing! I detest humid summers. And with your electricity biting the dust on a regular basis, I'd be near death! What keeps you out there? I mean, with your dislike of all things outdoors and stuff.

I've smashed up pork rinds really fine and used them to coat chicken fingers and then fried them. That was really good! They didn't taste like pork rinds when used in that way.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-12-2013 at 11:46 AM..