Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Compulsive eating. Yeah.
LOL. Cheryl I remember around the Christmas holiday I sat down and ate a pack of coconut cookies, afterwards I ate breakfast, then grabbed a huge slice of carrot cake someone had sent me and started eating that. I remember as I sat there eating that cake I kept thinking how it didn't taste too good and it was way too sweet for my liking, but I ate it all anyway. I was stuffed after that, and my head was swinging from all the sugar, but I sat there wondering if I should eat that huge hunk of fruit cake I had sitting in my refrigerator. That scared me to death. I had never eaten like that before and that's when I realized I had a problem and had to get back on track. I think that following day is when I got back on LC. LCing has been my life saver.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #32
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow, honey. You're on the right diet plan, then!

I had another idea. Go to Netrition, look up the product (just click on the blue link in the other post at the bottom of page one of this thread. It will take you right to it.) Then look for reviews and read what others have to say about it. Okay?
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1sweettea1
Stats: 267/156/130
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: January 2013 after roux en y surgery Jan 2012
Hey Cheryl, would you share your tuna melt recipe? I can't think of anything to mix in with my tuna except mayo and mustard. Maybe a little pickle relish. I'm like you and a little bored of my meals. They're pretty "meh" and since I eat so little at a meal, it's pretty hard to get too excited about any food.
Anyone else have some tasty ideas for some yummy snack foods? Recipes to share?

sweetie ♥♥
1sweettea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #34
Big Yapper!

Well, I can't help you either! Because my tuna salad is just tuna and mayo. No nothing else. If I were to try and attempt a LC tuna melt, I'd have to make those cheesy crackers (recipe already posted here by someone else) or just nuke one of those deluxe american cheese slices.

I'm actually a liar. I used to put freshly diced onion in my tuna salad but I found that if I ate it too late in the day, it would "repeat on me." Without the onion, it doesn't do that. I know others who put finely diced up celery in it, too. Does that help at all? I never heard of putting mustard in tuna salad. I've put it in egg salad, though.

I highly recommend that you visit Linda Sue's website. I know you eat very small portions but if you love cooking once and eating for days, this site's for you (and ME!) Check it out! So many great recipes and it will give you lots of your own ideas.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

Snack foods are hard to come by on a LC diet. If you do a search on the board, you'll find lots of other threads asking the same thing. I love Netrition's microwave pork rinds (similar to microwave popcorn) but they have MSG in them so I had to give them up. And I do mean "give them up." It was hard!

I guess I'm going to go make something else to eat. I need something more and I have to use up some chicken I have on the last rotisserie bird I bought. Maybe I'll make a quick, basic casserole and cook it for a while in the oven to get the cheese bubbly. I'll be completely winging this so it had better come out good. I'm going to eat it no matter which way it goes.

Night, ladies. See you again tomorrow. It is going to be another farm day and we are having a big storm coming this Friday, so this is going to be a very busy half a week for all of us there. I may not find a lot of time to chat. My poor dog and Mother get so little of my time these days. I have to find balance somehow.

"Free your mind and your @$$ will follow."

My Journal.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PenPen13
Stats: 150/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 09/09/11
Evening ladies
Just got home from dinner. I was hungry so I ordered 10 naked wings with blue cheese and a hangover burger.. No I don't have a hangover but it is the hamburger, bacon,cheese and a fried egg on top!! I only ate 6 wings and 3/4 of the burger because I was full. Hopefully that will keep my stomach happy for the evening.
Sweetie I also like to add chopped HB eggs to my tuna. I bought some endive and separated the leaves to use as tuna salad boats.
My only snacks have been the little baby bel cheese. I have actually been satisfied with my three meals a day.
Today I had
B: ground turkey (leftovers) coffee HWC truvia
L: salad with chopped flank steak and ranch dressing
D: already told you that one
I
Does anyone else make the flank steak? I marinate it in Italian dressing over night and throw it on the grill. Yum!! Also makes great steak salads later.
SL thanks for the suggestion. He ended up ordering her a Miami Heat T-shirt. She loves the team apparently.
Tomorrow is my big doctor day, blood work, mammogram, dexa and god knows what else. Going to make sure she checks my thyroid and hormone levels too. Anyone have any other ideas that could block weight loss??
Cheryl did you say you had family on West Palm Beach?? I live about 15 mins from there. I just want to say it was 45 degrees yesterday morning!!!! Bbbrrrrr. Actually I love the change.
PenPen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #36
Big Yapper!

Wow! That burger sounds insane. What restaurant did you go to? I'm not sure if I've eaten flank steak. It sounds like a tough cut. Is it? Yes, my cousin lives in a trailer park on Okeechobee Blvd (sp?) My favorite beach to go to when I'm down there is Lake Worth. I love the pier there. I wish I could go down for a visit. The only time I'd go is during Spring or Fall. In the winter she's always feeling too cold. Her trailer is very old and when the real cold-snaps hit, she goes to stay with someone else. I haven't talked to her since before the holidays. We're both bad sometimes.

I'm going to post a picture of what I'm making at this very moment. Then I'll post the link to the recipe, okay? I just threw it together so I hope it tastes good. I didn't bother with the chicken bouillon granules. There was some juice left in the bag of the chicken and I didn't use the amounts that she necessarily specifies. Just used up the chicken, then threw the mixed veggies that came with my Salmon on top, and you'll read about the rest.

CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Feast your eyes, then go to this woman's website. Soon....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicken casserole with broccoli.jpg (43.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl: the place we went to was called Duffys. They have the best burgers around next to Five Guys. I know the pier in Lake Worth well. They have lots of great shops in downtown Lake Worth too.
Flank steak can be tough but when you put it in the Italian dressing that makes it. When you cook it it has to be cooked medium. If you like your meat well done this is not for you. Same principle as London broil, it tastes best pink inside. My BF loves it rare but we meet in the middle. I like to eat it with lots of horseradish.
Lucky for your cousin we have not had to many cold nights over the last few years. She is lucky she has friends to go to when it does get bad. You hear about so many fires from space heater when the cold does come. So many people just don't have central heat in their homes.
When was the last time you came to visit? I bet you wouldn't recognize the area anymore, so much has changed over the years, especially on Okeechobee Blvd.
Your chicken looks delicious! Do post the recipe when you have time.

Last edited by PenPen13; 02-05-2013 at 07:57 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, that website of Linda's is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us, Cheryl!

sweetie ♥♥
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

Just posting to say hello. Been busy all day. I had car trouble yesterday radiator sprang a leak but hubby took it to the mechanic to get it fixed. It is now back with me but it has been hectic since.
Glad you all found Linda Sue's website so the food menus should start looking relaly interesting. yum.
I cook simple food so when somebody suggests something I love to give it a go.
Pen - I think you all call your meat parts different labels from us here in SA. I do not recall ever seeing a ribeye or a flank. My butcher just looks at me blank when I mention those parts of the cow.
I have a job interview tomorrow so will be preparing for that.
Take care everybody and chat later in the day.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #40
Big Yapper!

Penny, I haven't been down in FL since January of 2003, so exactly 10 years. That's when I stopped doing travel nursing and became settled back here. I haven't driven farther than Hershey, PA in all this time. I don't know if I can even handle that kind of driving anymore, or if my poor car could. I still have the same car, too!

Thanks for the tips on the flank steak. I'll have to try it sometime. I posted the link to the recipe in the same post as the picture (chicken casserole.) I added Chili powder and Curry powder to it, just because I wanted it to have a bold flavor. Yummo.

I'm glad to hear there haven't been any big cold snaps in FL so far this winter. I really need to call her. I always feel like the one who's bad for not calling but she feels bad for not calling me, too.

Sweetie, I'm glad you love her website! It's a real blessing to anyone doing LC.

Hi, Lola. A job interview? Am I missing something? I thought you liked the one you had. Sorry about the car trouble. That always sucks when it happens. I am tackling some long-overdue maintenance over these couple of months. I have to spread it out so I can fit it into the budget. I have the radiator flush still to do this month, then I hope to change the air and gas filter next month. We shall see.

I'll try to remember to post a picture of a Ribeye. That might help you to recognize a similar cut in your store. I guess my personals are done at this point so let me find a picture. I think Ribeyes and T-bones look a lot alike and I'm not sure what the difference is. Maybe the T-bone still has the bone attached.

Okay. Here are Flank, T-bone and Ribeye steaks, in order from left to right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flank Steak.jpg (53.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg T-bone steak.jpg (49.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ribeye Steak.jpg (33.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys,

I had a rough night last night. Forced myself to drink too much water, it sat in my stomach, and late last night I was up bringing up the water plus my food. Felt awful for a good 30 min before it all subsided. Yeah Cheryl, I remember Atkins said drink when thirsty and not to force it, but I found myself only drinking like a glass of water a day. I'm so afraid of having bladder infections.... anyway I learned my lesson the hard way.

Cheryl that cheesy broccoli looks delicious! I use to visit Linda's menu some years ago but it was always for snacks or sweets, I never thought to check out her main dishes. I'll be visiting her again, thanks for the reminder! Oh, I heard you guys are suppose to have some horrific weather coming up. Make sure you stay warm up there!

Penpenthat burger sounds super yummy! I'm gonna have to give it a try. Between Cheryl's cheesy broccoli and your hangover burger I'm actually drooling right now. I also heard of using the Italian salad dressing to tenderize steaks and I can vouch it does work. I sometimes marinate my steaks overnight and then grill in my George Foreman grill. Well, that's when I use to have a Foreman grill. I just got rid of it so I got to get me another one, I don't know how to cook steaks any other way.

Sweetie I wish I could help you out with the tuna, but one year I killed myself on tuna, eating it 2-3 times a week for a few months. I love tuna but I can't bare to open another can right now. I keep saying I'm going to get back into but I guess it's going to be another year or two before I build up the courage (or appetite) to play around with it again.

Lola Like you I'm having car problems right now. The service dept just called and told me it will probably cost around $400 once they're finish with everything. Unfortunately, I need transportation to and from work so I have no other choice. Good luck on your job interview!

Have a terrific day everybody and I'll see if I can pop back in later this evening!

Last edited by sldeal; 02-06-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #42
Big Yapper!

Oh, no! You live in that beautiful, mild climate and don't know how to grill a steak outdoors? You're missing out on some very yummy steaks, honey. That's the only way I cook steak and prefer cooking my burgers on the grill, too. I grill a lot when the weather permits. It's not hard, but it's important to light the grill and allow it to get hot before putting your meat on. Do you have a grill? I'll coach you through it.

Yep, storms coming. Just was talking to the manager at the farm to see if she wanted me to come in tomorrow to prepare but she thinks she won't need help until the storm is over, mid-day on Saturday. I told her to call me and tell me when they're plowed out, or there won't be anywhere to park even if I can get out of my own driveway. Yeesh!

That's so funny how burned-out you got on Tuna! I'll bet if you tasted something that had Tuna in it, you'd remember how much you liked it. I'm really sorry about your car issues. It's those unexpected "monkey wrenches" in life that make it so hard to stay afloat.

Is the island you're on small enough to get around with one of those scooter-type-deals? Not the kind you stand up on, the ones you sit down on and can go about 40 mph on. I can't imagine what gas costs where you live. Is it really high? I think everything in Hawaii is super costly so I'm guessing it might be elevated in the Bahamas, too. You're much closer to the mainland, though.

I had a great day at the farm. I'm going to write about it on my journal so if you're interested, come over later on and check out my story.

Night, y'all.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #43
Big Yapper!

Sorry. I never got to my journal and it's 10 pm so check back there tomorrow for farm stories. Night.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Evening ladies
Wow so this is weird, my car has been acting up too!! I had the oil changes last weekend and ever since it has been making this strange sound! The oil change cost me enough, I don't need anymore problems either.
Yum rib eye steak, that's what I had for dinner this evening. I marinated it in Braggs amino acid for about 1 hour and put it on the grill. Cheryl I agree with cooking on the grill, once you learn approximate cooking times you are good to go. I love the minimal cleanup part myself.
Spent part of the day trying to price out flights and hotel costs for Las Vegas. BF and I are thinking about making a 4 day trip. The boys are going with their Dad the end of March for 5 days so we are thinking a little getaway is in order. I am also planning a spa day for my BBF for the end of April. We both turn 50 this year and want to do something special. Thinking about going to PGA National to play at the spa and sit by the pool. I don't think I have ever done that. I have had a massage before but not at a nice place like this. I am really excited because it should be great! This place is beautiful and will pamper you, something I am not used to.
SL sorry to hear about your upset stomach! Hope you are not coming down with something.
Cheryl I heard about those storms. Stay safe and warm.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #45
Big Yapper!

I agree on the grill clean up! That's another great part of it, but it just tastes so much better when cooked by a flame. Even an indirect one. I don't understand why, I just run with it. If my car were making a funny noise right after something like an oil change, I'd be looking around to make sure all is where it should be. Have you checked your oil level? Make sure something wasn't put back on too loosely. It could be the stupid oil filter or something and you can't afford a new engine. Don't let this go!

I forgot to send SL a hug for her upset tummy! Thanks for remembering to mention that part in your post. Sorry, sldeal. I do remember you talked about drinking more water than you felt comfortable drinking. Live and learn, I guess. I hate being human sometimes.

I did end up writing about my farm day, but not in great detail about the horses. Just in general. Now it's time to "hit the hay". Sleep tight, ladies. See you on the flip side.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl : don't worry my DBF already checked everything. He is a crazy car guy and can stiff out the problem!! He already call VW to talk with one of his buddies to make sure it wasn't due for anything else.
Wow it looks like the northeast is going to get pounded with snow. Do you think you will get that much or will that be areas farther north of you.
Crazy day at work today : going from the OR to Pain clinic to Dexa to Xray. Sometimes it gets very confusing trying to remember procedures when you only do them once evey 3 or 4 months.
Hope everyone's having a good day...one more day until FRIDAY!
Today:
B; 2 scrambled eggs/coffee w HWC/3 ham slices
L: chicken with salad/cucumbers and ranch dressing
D; gotta figure that one out when I get home
Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh, no! You live in that beautiful, mild climate and don't know how to grill a steak outdoors? You're missing out on some very yummy steaks, honey. That's the only way I cook steak and prefer cooking my burgers on the grill, too. I grill a lot when the weather permits. It's not hard, but it's important to light the grill and allow it to get hot before putting your meat on. Do you have a grill? I'll coach you through it.

I know it's beautiful over here and you'll think people would be grilling out doors every day, but they don't. I use to have a grill and enjoyed it for quite a while, but now that it's just me, it's much easier just throwing something in the Foreman. And to be honest my steaks were always tough, even on the grill. Hmmm, maybe it had something to do with me leaving them out on the grill while I ran inside to clean up, half the time forgetting all about them.

Yep, storms coming. Just was talking to the manager at the farm to see if she wanted me to come in tomorrow to prepare but she thinks she won't need help until the storm is over, mid-day on Saturday. I told her to call me and tell me when they're plowed out, or there won't be anywhere to park even if I can get out of my own driveway. Yeesh!

Good luck! I would think with a storm coming everyone would stay bundled inside. God knows the accidents you can have on those slippery roads. Please be safe.

That's so funny how burned-out you got on Tuna! I'll bet if you tasted something that had Tuna in it, you'd remember how much you liked it. I'm really sorry about your car issues. It's those unexpected "monkey wrenches" in life that make it so hard to stay afloat.

Believe it or not, I still enjoy tuna sandwiches, but I can't get myself to open a can to make it. If I'm at a function and they have the tuna finger sandwiches I'll eat without a problem. Maybe it's a phobia I have 3-4 cans of tuna sitting in my pantry (bought them during hurricane season) and I can't force myself to open those cans. I guess I better give them away before they expire.

Is the island you're on small enough to get around with one of those scooter-type-deals? Not the kind you stand up on, the ones you sit down on and can go about 40 mph on. I can't imagine what gas costs where you live. Is it really high? I think everything in Hawaii is super costly so I'm guessing it might be elevated in the Bahamas, too. You're much closer to the mainland, though.

I'm in Nassau and it's only 24 x 7, if you're looking at a map or the weather channel, we're that little dot! I know in Berumda most homes have scooters because they're only allowed to have one car per family. Scooters are usually rented out to the tourist, so it's assumed if you're on a scooter more than likely you're a tourist. I think gas is around $5+ over here. You probably won't believe me but I don't pay to much attention on the cost of gas, there's only maybe a 5 or 10 cent difference at the various stations. I don't drive much so I only have to fill up every 2 or 3 weeks. Yep, everything over here is costly grocery is probably 2x's what you pay over there, i.e. a gallon of milk is about $5+

I had a great day at the farm. I'm going to write about it on my journal so if you're interested, come over later on and check out my story.

I'm glad you have a great day! I can tell you really enjoy your work because I haven't heard you complain yet, not even in all of that cold weather you've be laboring in. Make sure you bundle up and stay warm! We finally got some warm weather again, I believe it's somewhere in the 80's
Oh well, gotta go. Take care!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenPen13 View Post
Evening ladies
Wow so this is weird, my car has been acting up too!! I had the oil changes last weekend and ever since it has been making this strange sound! The oil change cost me enough, I don't need anymore problems either.
Yum rib eye steak, that's what I had for dinner this evening. I marinated it in Braggs amino acid for about 1 hour and put it on the grill. Cheryl I agree with cooking on the grill, once you learn approximate cooking times you are good to go. I love the minimal cleanup part myself.
Spent part of the day trying to price out flights and hotel costs for Las Vegas. BF and I are thinking about making a 4 day trip. The boys are going with their Dad the end of March for 5 days so we are thinking a little getaway is in order. I am also planning a spa day for my BBF for the end of April. We both turn 50 this year and want to do something special. Thinking about going to PGA National to play at the spa and sit by the pool. I don't think I have ever done that. I have had a massage before but not at a nice place like this. I am really excited because it should be great! This place is beautiful and will pamper you, something I am not used to.
This sounds like an excellent get away, just you and BF! I've never been to Vegas but I hear it's nice with lots of shows and activities. DS and I tried to plan a trip to Vegas sometime back, but it never materialized. Can't remember what happend... March is right around the corner, so you have lots of planning to do. I'm excited for you! Hope you find some great online deals!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I had a frustrating morning. Had a meeting to attend so I had lots of traffic to fight getting there. When I got to the hotel I had to park all the way in the back, which meant a long walk - that's okay when wearing flats, but not heels. There were several meetings in process so I rushed to the first meeting grabbed a cup of coffee and went to sit down. That's when I found out I was in the wrong meeting. That meeting was for some law group. Quite embarrassing. Left my coffee on the table and went in search of my group meeting.

Walked around the foyer to the next meeting which was already in session, come to find out that was the wrong room also. By this time I'm frustrated, and tired (should have wore flat shoes ). After walking back & forth I finally found my group meeting. Grabbed another cup of coffee and sat down at a crowded table, by this time my stomach is growling and I'm hungry. I could barely focus on the speakers because I was trying to calm my stomach. They had lots of danishes & pastries to munch on, but I was determined not to give in. I'm really proud of myself, I didn't even sneak a peck of the pastries

On route to the office, from the meeting, I bought KFC spicy chicken. I know it has more carbs than original, but at least it's less carbs than all those pastries that kept beckoning me to taste them.

Hope you guys have a great day!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

SL: Wow what a day! Great job on skipping over those nasty pastries!!!!! Sometimes when we have a day like that we manage to convince ourselves that we "deserve it" (I do anyway). It is twice as bad when your stomach is growling and you really need to eat. Now that is control if I have ever seen it!! Awesome job girl!!
I am ready to scream myself!! I have been doing this diet for 1 week now and nothing yet!! Weight is the same and those stupid sticks never seem to get any darker! I have been very very grumpy because of this and I hate that I let it effect me like that. It just puts me in such a bad mood.
Anyway, ok I am finished complaining.
So tonight for dinner I made the following: now mind you I was doing this right at the table with the fam while they were eating their tacos.
First I peeled off 5 endive leaves, slapped on a little mayo on each, put some chopped up chicken on the mayo, drizzled on the ranch dressing and put hot sauce on top. YUM!! When I looked up after working so hard putting my dinner together, my guys were just looking at me with their mouths open. I was like "what??" I guess it was kinda funny to watch me work so hard building my dinner. I also made up a batch of deviled eggs and brought them to the table. My youngest said " are you going to share or are those all for your masterpiece dinner" Whatever!!!
I have to make my lunch for tomorrow and I don't even feel like packing anything. GGGRRRR....and I want a glass of wine or something. Not because I want it, I just want something.
Sorry to be such a baby. I have been in such a bad mood not even the idea of looking into the Vegas trip is making me feel better. Guess I better just go to bed and hopefully I will feel better in the morning.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #51
Big Yapper!

Penny, sounds like you're having a busy day at work! I hope things go very smoothly. Yes, they are now calling it a blizzard for all of CT and we are predicted to get around 2 feet of snow. They really don't know but that's what they're saying at this point. Boston and points east of me/us are going to get even more. Crazy!!

sldeal, yeah. Walking away from the meat while cooking on the grill is a death sentence. You'd better stick to that Foreman! But you really can't compare how they taste when cooked outdoors.

Tuna: Maybe it's the dreaded squeezing of the water with the can lid? I don't find that thrilling, either. In fact, I was looking for a tuna squeezer but after reading the reviews for each, I just decided to use the lid or come up with my own press.

Oh, geez. I forgot to comment on Penny's pending trip! I used to live in Las Vegas but if I went back now, I wouldn't know my way around. I left in 1999. Enjoy yourselves! Sounds like a ton of fun.

SL, what a bad morning you had! I would have probably just given up and gone back to my car, having never found the right meeting. Screw the coffee. WTG on resisting the pastries. Is the spicy chicken at KFC the kind without the coating? I've eaten their chicken that is without and it's not nearly as good as the coated stuff. And there's no way I can buy the real thing and peal all that yummy, crunchy, greasy stuff off and toss it in the trash. So I simply avoid KFC like the plague. (An interesting note on KFC: It was my very last meal before my gallbladder gave up the ghost. I don't trust their food. I think it is higher in fat and carbs than most other fast food.)

Yes, I love working with the horses. I have never loved any job more. It makes all the difference in the world, doing something you have a passion for. It's a shame that it took me half my life to figure that out. (More than half, cause I don't expect to live to 100.)

I'm ready for the storm. Now all we can do is sit and wait. I think I'll try to strap the trash and recycle cans down with some bungee cords. I'll have to find a few and connect them together, then wrap them around a tree or something. The winds are expected to be up to 60 mph at times.

Here in New England, we get these forecasts and we always prepare but a lot of times, it's not nearly as bad as they predicted. But you just never know. He who does not prepare is screwed. (Confucius said that, I think.)

Going to see if I can get to sleep earlier tonight. Did a lot of running around to stores and stuff to get ready to hunker down until it's all behind us. I seriously hope we don't get 2 freakin' feet of snow here. I haven't experienced snow drifts at this property yet. I don't know where it piles up and where you can still see the grass. Mother Nature... I'll bet you can figure out what I was thinking of saying.

Goodnight, ladies. I'll stay in touch, even if it has to be via my dreaded touchscreen phone. I hope it doesn't come to that. All prayers for those in the path of this storm will be much appreciated. ((Thank you))
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Wow Cheryl it seems like you are doing all the prep work we do when we expect a hurricane. Keep safe and make sure you check in with us even if it is a quick hello so we know you are ok. Snuggle up with a good book and your puppy until the storm is over. Sleep well my friend
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #53
Big Yapper!

That's what a blizzard is, babe! Only colder. It's no fun. But I do find storms exciting. I just hate the clean up afterward.

Here is a link to the latest radar image of the two Lows about to converge and become one. The blue marker in CT represents "me." Right in the cross hairs, folks.

Northeast Regional Doppler Weather Radar Map - AccuWeather.com
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

Just checking in. such a coincidence that we all have car problem. Wow I am glad that mine is over and I am able to drive. Life becomes pretty hectic without a car as public transport is pretty unreliable here. Right now I am day two without electricity so I am pretty grumpy. A tranformer exploded so it seems that it is going to take a long while before we have electricity again.
I plan to get myself to the gym this afternoon as I have not been in two weeks. I did sporadic exercise but you all know that it is not enough. I am 1.53 m tall (5.1" ) so without exercise I will not lose any cms.
SL - hope you are feeling better and wow you are commited. I know I would feel so bad after the morning you had that I would have justified those dainishes.
Pen-that supper sounded delish. Hope that you did not have to share. I find that often when I plan extra food that is LC, my family end up eating it so when I need it and it is gone- I generally need to fall back on somehting else and hope that there is something LC to eat.
Cheryl- take care with the storm coming. I am happy with the job that I have but I always scout the job sites and saw something that pays a whole lot more and is closer to home so I applied and was asked to go for an interview. I went and it we had a good conversation and I liked the atmosphere. I will know by Tuesday whether I was successful or not.

It is Friday and I am so ready for the weekend. Have a great weekend everybody and stay strong in the face of temptation.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Penpen I love how you write about you and your food. I think when you have kids, it makes it much harder sticking with LC. Did you share your deviled eggs? or did you eat them all? Kids, I'm always amazed how they can gobble all of their food and want to know why we, the parents, don't want to share ours! My suggestion to you is to get rid of your scale. With my first scale no matter how hard I tried the lbs just kept building. After a few months I got depressed, and just ate whatever. Sometime after that is when I started measuring my success by my dress sizes. See if you can hide your scale for a month or two so you don't get depressed.

Cheryl Please stay safe over there. Storms are okay until the electricity goes off. I hope you have one of those small gas heaters, just in case. I remember a few years ago my sister called to say they had an ice storm and her electricity was off. She took all of her meat out of her fridge and kept it out on the porch in the ice. Let's hope you don't have to resort to that. But you'll definitely be in my prayers.

Lola Good luck on getting the job!

Take care everybody and stay safe!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Pen, you are a brave woman to be eating your goodies out in front of your tribe like that! And not even sharing!?! For shame!
Glad your ordeal with the green meanies is over for now, sideal. What an irritating day you had!
And, lola! Geesh! No electricity? Sometimes it seems that everything that can go wrong, will, but it's usually me that has a run of bad luck like that. Hope you get that job if it will put some extra cash into your pocket. Good luck and sending you good thoughts for your electricity to be up and running again.
Cheryl! Batten down the hatches and stay safe! I have a friend who lives in Hyde Park, NY and she has all four of her generators on stand-by. They say this is going to be a doozy of a storm but I'm praying they are over-exaggerating to be on the safe side and to get people to pay attention. Take no chances and get cozy inside while all this is going down.
I wish the best for all of my new-found friends. Keep up the great work everybody. To hear of your success makes me happy every day.

sweetie ♥♥

ps

Received my EZ-Sweetz yesterday in the mail and am starting to test it out today.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

SL: I hear you...I keep saying I won't step on the scale and then I do it anyway. But I think you are right and I need to learn patience. It has only been 6 days really that I have been following this diet as strict as Dr. Atkins suggested. Next I am going to do an experiment with my ketostix. He suggested if you are having trouble getting your stick to turn color, to remove the lettuce and eat just strictly meat and fat. I am going to bump up the fat as much as I can and keep testing, see if I can get that sucker to turn a darker shade of purple. It does turn a lavender shade and he does state that is ok too. I will let you know. Does anyone else bother with these things?
Lola: Yikes!! I had to struggle without electricity several years ago after we were hit by a hurricane. Worst 5 days I can remember!! Hope they get it up and running soon. Good luck with the interview!
Sweetie: yes I shared my eggs... I just love the look on their faces when I sit down with something like that and act like I am gong to eat all of it. They are so used to me watching everything I eat, they just don't expect it from me. Most of the things I have eaten in the past they don't want any part of. But the eggs, bacon and cheese they are all over it. I do have to say they are respectful most times and ask if they can eat something before they grab it.
Today I have had:
B: 2 eggs scrambled with cheese with butter - coffee HWC and CO
S: Baken-ets hot and spicy - trying to convince myself they are good
S: monster size slim jim - does have 1 g of sugar
L: chicken salad with mayo and cucumbers
S: SF jello
D: still thinking
I was a little hungry this morning around 10:30am which is unusual for me lately. That is where all the new snacks came in today.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Cheryl hoping you are doing ok with the big storm. I have to admit I love storms too. When a hurricane is predicted here I like all the preparation that goes into getting ready. I LOVE thunderstorms! I am one of the few people that gets excited when the clouds are black outside or the weather radar shows big storms coming our way. When my kids were little we would turn off all the lights, open the curtains, lights some candles and watch the lightening strikes. I guess that is why they are not afraid of thunder and lightening.
Do you have the risk of tornado activity with these storms? I do have enough sense to be afraid of those.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #58
Big Yapper!

Oh no, Lola! No electricity is the worst. I hope they fix the transformer quickly. I may lose power from this blizzard, when it really gets rolling. So far, it's just getting warmed up. We have about 2" so far but it's coming down fast. I went to turn my car around to make it easier to pull out when the plow comes to do the driveways and it was crazy how it's sticking and accumulating. I had to stop and clean off the windows again, just to see where I was backing up!

That's wonderful about the job interview! I'm proud of you that you are so in demand. I hope you get it, if it's what you really want. Closer to home and more money are two very good reasons to switch over.

Thanks for those prayers, sldeal. (I really wish you ladies with these mysterious pen names would put your first names in your siggy so we can call you something that will "stick" in our brains. It's hard to remember your details without a name to affix them to.) No small gas heater here, unless the landlady will allow me to use the vent-free natural gas fireplace that is in my apartment. She said it could be used in emergencies but I don't understand how that would work if the regular natural gas heating in the apartment were to stop working. It runs off of the same source.

Holy cow, Sweetie! Why does your friend have 4 generators? Does she have a huge place? Nothing like being prepared! Good for her. It's not looking like the storm is being over-exaggerated so far. It's a true snow-making machine. A nor'easter in every sense of the name. I'm watching the "play by play" on TV and the wind will be blowing from nearly every direction as the storm moves along. We'll get pounded with this one. I only hope that we don't lose our power. I have the propane grill for cooking if it comes down to that.

I hope you like the Ez Sweetz!

Penny, I almost never bother with the urine strips. I don't think they are necessary. If you drink a lot of water, it dilutes your urine and the strips appear a lighter shade. I know that for a fact because one time I just didn't bother drinking much and tested the next day and they were darker than any other time in the past. But I like to drink a good amount of water and I love my coffee. So, strips are a waste of time for me.

I love T-storms, too. I enjoy the show! When my husband and I were living in Las Vegas and had a garage with a full-sized couch in it, we'd sit together on it with the garage door open and sip out coffees (or vodkas) and let it wash all over our souls. Then we'd hop in the car and drive up to Red Rock Canyon and hope to find a flash flood/river running across the desert.

Good think you love storms and lightning, living in FL! It's the "sunshine state" but you guys also get more lightening than anywhere else in the USA (if I have my facts straight.) You can google that to check if that's correct. I'm a weather junkie. I watch the weather channel a lot. Seems we have that in common, Penny!

No, thank God. No risk of tornadoes. They are extremely rare in our area, thankfully. I dread those things like no other weather phenomenon. They seem so random and "cold", the way they will strike some but not those nearby. When I have nightmares involving weather, it's almost always of tornadoes.

I'm going to post this now because I've been working on this post for at least an hour or more. I keep getting interrupted. Then I will write more in the next one.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #59
Big Yapper!

Okay. Hopefully I can stop texting with my sister and keep both hands on the computer and do a proper post. Snowing steadily and the flakes are small and compact. Accumulating fast. When I went outside to turn my car around in the driveway (landlady said it would be easier to move my car out of the way when the plow guy comes), I cleaned off all the windows so I could see, then I did one of those K-turns in the street and went to back into the driveway in the same spot I just pulled out of. I couldn't see out the windows! I got far enough in so I was off the road, then had to get out and wipe the windows and side mirrors off again. Even then, I couldn't see well enough to park well. I'm half in the grass along side the driveway, ****-eyed.

Since I was already dressed in my boots and coat with hood and gloves, I went to the big shed (I like to call it a barn) and got the shovel out so I could have it handy. Cisco was out there with me and then all of a sudden, Oliver came like a shot and started playing with us (the dog upstairs.) I made some snowballs and he was so excited, leaping off the ground, flying through the air. Cissy doesn't give a hoot about those. So I tossed a few balls in the air and Ollie leaped and chomped each one in mid-air.

I got the two of them racing around after each other and we had ourselves a good time, then I rubbed the snow off of Cisco and we went indoors. I gave her a good towel-drying and inside the house we went.

People are still out there driving! I even just saw two motorcycles go by (they looked more like dirt bikes, that shouldn't even be on the road, legally.) What are people doing out there? They are just plain STUPID! Just turning around on the street, I was slipping and sliding and my car is heavy and very good in snow.

Eventually, I'll probably see snowmobiles using the roads because the roads will be impassible. There is only so much plowing that can be done. There are so many roads that need to be kept clear and this storm is going to break every town's budget for snow removal. Then there are the salt/sand trucks. (Speaking of which, one went by just as I was typing that.)

It's pretty and I have all the blinds not only open, but pulled up so they are out of the way, I pulled aside all the shear curtains so nothing is obstructing the show. I dread when the plow guy comes cause then I'll have to move the car, but I'm so thankful that there IS a plow guy. Thank you, landlady!!!!

Otherwise, I will not be leaving the house to do anything other than shovel out until the storm is completely over and all roads are cleaned up for the last time. Then come Saturday, once I get notice from the equine manager at the farm that the guy has plowed out the parking lots, I will go up there and do my best to help shovel the places where the plow could not go. I don't know what those areas are yet because I've never experienced this kind of storm since I started getting involved with the farm a year ago.

The paddocks will have to be cleaned out or the horses will have no trouble just hopping over their fences. That would be bad. And their stalls are going to be a nightmare. There will be no sifting and saving of shavings cause everything is going to be so filthy. We will indeed have our work cut out for us. I hope all the volunteers come out in droves to help out tomorrow afternoon. We will need every pair of hands and every strong back we can get. I wish we had more wheelbarrows!

Weight-wise, I'm in a stall on the scale. I was certain I would see 196 today cause I felt thinner but I'm up even more than I was the past two days. I started taking those Chia seeds on Tuesday. That day I weighed 194.4. The next day I was 198.4. I weighed the same the next day. Today I'm 199. So no Chia seeds for me today and I took a full dose of Milk of Magnesia to "clean out."

I'd forgotten I was 194 on Tuesday! I didn't realize that the chia seeds had caused me to bloat up so much. So, I will only do the Chias once in a while, to help my liver get rid of toxins. It will NOT be an every day thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 or 5 lb drop in the next day or two, without the chias in my system. I guess it does the same thing to me that the coconut oil does. BUMMER!

TTYL. I have much coffee drinking to do. Later, gators. Will keep you informed of all storm news and if I take pics, I will post.

ETA: I knew that word would get auto-censored.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl, I just got off the phone with my friend in NY and she says the same as you; it's coming down fast and thick!
She has a fairly large 2 story house and still has 2 kids at home and they stay downstairs in the den with the fireplace going all the time for heat. She also runs a hobby farm and has 2 barns full of Cashmere goats that need to keep warm and healthy. So, along with the barns, she has the generators for back up electricity to her fridge, freezers and hot water heater.
You take care, gal and don't be out there snowboarding!

sweetie ☃☃☃