Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
January 2013 ~'72ers and Beyond~

Hey Y'all.
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in at 189. Have a long way to go but off to a good start.

Colorado is Beautiful! We are in a TINY apartment but we are warm and cozy!

Hope you all had a wonderful 2012 and an even better 2013!!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Donna

Happy New year for 2013 everybody!
Let's make the start of the new year a renewed commitment to this way of life and eating!
My commitments for this year is to be good to myself and not forget that I am a woman, wife, mother, friend and colleague to the people in my life. I am more than one dimensional so my everyday has to reflect that. I am prepared to honour my work commitments but it cannot consume my life as I allowed it to do since 2010. So each day is about loving my family, preparing good wholesome food that does not make me ill, taking time to get some exercise and rest.
start weight for this year is 68.2kg.

Hope you all had a great holiday and rest and are ready and renewed for the battle of the scale!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GetSkinny
WOE: ATKINS '72
Good Afternoon everyone ....

I have started Atkins this morning... feeling very good about this and have promised myself to stay on plan

Today, I had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and one for lunch.. I plan on having a steak for dinner with my husband... steak and eggs will be the plan for two weeks....

Good luck to everyone!!
GetSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hey, ladies!! Nice to see some action on our trusty Atkins thread that just keeps going. I was thinking of you all yesterday and forgot there was probably a new thread. Happy New Year to us all!!

Donna, so glad to hear you're in your new place and loving your surroundings. When you are ready, we want to know all about it. And I mean ALL about it. I am with you in the regained-weight-camp. I won't even say how much.

Lola, you sound very centered and that makes me . I am working on getting centered, too. I am not restarting Atkins but as usual, I'd like to hang out here with you guys if that's okay. I have certain threads I stay up with and this is the one that goes all the way back to when I began on LCF over 3 years ago.

to our newbie, GetSkinny. What would you like us to call you? Bless you on your journey to healthy and happy.

I wish us all a wonderful new year. Lucky 13!!!

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

My Journal.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
A big Hello to everyone - Cheryl, Lola, Lady and welcome GetSkinny. Glad to be back after being away from the boards pretty much during the holidays. I overindulged a little and am up around 4#, but know they will come off if I really get after them.

I am not doing Atkins right now either, Cheryl, but always enjoy coming here and hope that is okay. I am doing a combo of calorie counting and old WW plan, if that makes any sense. Low carb just quit working for me after losing 40#, so am now just trying to eat healthy and it seems to be working pretty well for me as I really feel great. I have approx. another 15# to lose to be at my goal.

Happy New Year to all.
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
Big Yapper!

Hey, Hope! Nice to see you again. I "hope" you have great success with WW and calorie counting. As long as it works and makes you happy along the way, you're doing the right thing.

It's bedtime here so I'm going to start unwinding. That means putting this computer to bed. I ordered a brand new laptop because the one I was using just up and died on me. Since then, I've been making do with the one that I have to strap together with a brace and a bungie cord (I kid you not) and have to deal with infections and other what-nots. Soon, baby! Soon! I'll be cruising on my new Acer Aspire. First thing I buy and install is going to be serious antivirus software!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vcesljarev
Stats: 262/228/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 26,2012
Atkins 72

Hello all i have been doing Atkins on and off for years but never even knew about the old version til cpl weeks ago.

So i immedialty(sp) ordered the 72 version and have jumped ship.
I'm very excited to see if this version works better because i struggle with PCOS also which makes it very hard to lose.

Happy New Year to all and lets make this one count
vcesljarev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Big Yapper!

vcesljarev! What shall we call you? That's too tricky to use when addressing you. We hope you have a wonderful experience with Atkins '72. Sometimes it works better and it definitely is a cleaner way to low carb. Have you dropped from 262 to 228 on the newest version of Atkins? I don't even know what it's called. What's that version like? What do you think was the main problem for you?

Have a lovely night, ladies. I have just a brief report of great news before I head to bed:

I got a part time job working at the horse facility that I've been volunteering at for one year! It will be few hours to start but I can pick up hours here and there when they need me to fill in for them. I am ecstatic! I've been on cloud 9 all day since I got the news. I went to the farm and got paperwork that I need to fill out and found out the pay, the days I'll work, the hours, etc. And I brought home a book that will help me learn how to recognize warning signs that a horse is in distress. Apparently that can happen more often than you might think. So I will take the job seriously and thank my loving God for providing me with exactly what I wanted and hoped to find.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
vcesljarev! What shall we call you? That's too tricky to use when addressing you. We hope you have a wonderful experience with Atkins '72. Sometimes it works better and it definitely is a cleaner way to low carb. Have you dropped from 262 to 228 on the newest version of Atkins? I don't even know what it's called. What's that version like? What do you think was the main problem for you?

Have a lovely night, ladies. I have just a brief report of great news before I head to bed:

I got a part time job working at the horse facility that I've been volunteering at for one year! It will be few hours to start but I can pick up hours here and there when they need me to fill in for them. I am ecstatic! I've been on cloud 9 all day since I got the news. I went to the farm and got paperwork that I need to fill out and found out the pay, the days I'll work, the hours, etc. And I brought home a book that will help me learn how to recognize warning signs that a horse is in distress. Apparently that can happen more often than you might think. So I will take the job seriously and thank my loving God for providing me with exactly what I wanted and hoped to find.
OH Cheryl!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I am so excited you got the job! Good things DO happen!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
Big Yapper!

Thanks so much, Donna! It's been a very glorious day in my neck of the (cold) woods. Sweet dreams, ladies.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

so good to hear from you all.
Hope - glad you are around no matter what the plan.
You are such a motivation as well with your losses to date.
cheryl-best news ever! the part time job is a god sent and I am so sure that you will enjoy every moment of it.
GetSkinny- you are lucky that hubby is on board. He will lose faster but don't let that get you down. It is so important to have a partner on board.
vcesljarev - yup this is the year that will matter.

Well I am back on track and so far I am down to 67.4kg so down 0.8kg.
Will start gym tomorrow morning to get back into that exercise rhythm.
hope that you all are doing well in the new year.

lola.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to mention food:
Breakfast today was a protein shake with coffee
and lunch was a hearty beef stew made with beer - yum!
Not sure what I should prepare for supper tonight. hmm,..
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi everybody, I'm happy to have found this site.

I started Atkins on Dec 27th, wanted to get a head start before the new year . I ordered my DADR and it should arrive either today or tomorrow. I've gained so much weight over the past few years I've decided to dedicate the rest of my life to healthy LC. The last time I weighed myself was during my surgery 187 lbs - Dec 18th. I went crazy over unhealthy carbs after surgery so I'm not sure how many pounds I picked up before I started this WOE. Although I started on Dec 27th, I've been confined to my bed, and was just able to start work on Jan 2nd, so I'm not expecting a big weight loss.

There's nothing in my fridge right now so Breakfast = 1 slim jim; 3-4 bacon & 3 fried cheese crisps. Not sure what lunch & dinner will consist of.

I'm sure we will all be successful, regardless the plan, so long as we stay focus and stand together!
Defeat is only when we stop fighting!

Last edited by sldeal; 01-04-2013 at 08:41 AM..
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Morning Ladies!

recently my mom read the book "Wheat Bellies" - I read bits and pieces. It is very very interesting. I have to say I agree with it. I know that I have a wheat allergy. I believe my Husband does as well. I would think that many of us here do. Something to think about anyway.

sldeal - Hello! Welcome!!! Just some thoughts: Be careful because I think slim jims have sugar. I know they are processed and not recommended for a clean eating plan. also be aware of salt. bacon and cheese crisps are big salt items.

lola - love your attitude and motivation! How's LG doing?

hiked in the state park yesterday. only about a mile as my back started bothering me. which after moving all our stuff is not surprising. The state park also offers Yoga on select Saturdays. YAY!!!

Food choices have been good. No processed at all. some higher carb veggies but only a few. (black eyed peas on New Years Day - of course).
also been experimenting with baking with almond and coconut flours. yes, higher carb products but Husband and the boys like sweets and i'm not going to make them things with tons of wheat and sugar anymore!

Hope y'all have a great day.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess
Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies. I'm still somewhat foggy-headed because I just woke up about an hour ago and I haven't been drinking coffee. Probably going to take longer to fully wake up. But it's so nice to see you all here today.

Donna, living in Colorado after being in Texas must be so refreshing! Are you enjoying the climate change? Is life simpler and less complicated there? I never heard the reason behind the move but I'm so glad you're getting all settled in and learning your surroundings. I'll bet Big and Little are diggin' the snow and mountains. (And Yea about the yoga!)

My new laptop comes today, as soon as the UPS guy shows up. I can hardly wait! To celebrate, I'm going to clean up my cluttered work area so all frustration will be removed and I can learn the new 'puter in a clean, peaceful space.

Have a wonderful day, ladies. I'll be back later.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Donna - I'm sure you're gonna have fun playing with your new laptop.

Laby - thanks so much for your advice, definitely got to keep an eye on the sodium. I generally eat process meats when my fridge is empty and I'm scrapping for LC foods. I realize it's not always the best choice but it's an easy choice when I have to decide between LC & HC, especially when the snack bug hits.

Today was my 9th day and I made it through with no cheats. I can only hope for the same tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #18
Big Yapper!

WTG!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Yesterday went well as I had a chorizo and mozzarella omlette for supper. I had a bit of a tickle in my throat and just felt unwell. Also this morning I woke up with cramps in my legs. Not so good. I need to find my vitamin C to get rid of this throat problem. I think my weight has gone up so much that my body is rebelling. I did some unconscious eating this morning and popped some fruit cake into my mouth before I realised that it was a no-no.

Got to stay focused.
Donna- glad that the new home feels so close to nature and all those parks and mountains. Is it true that Colarado has snow about 10 months of the year? I just heard this on TV yesterday.
I am sure wheat has not been doing your body any favours. I must read up wheat belly - I do know for certain that I have a bad reaction to wheat. the pain is enough to convince me that I am eating something wrong for my body.

Cheryl- Have you started accumulating hours at the horse farm?
I am sure that you have your new laptop by now. Enjoy.

SLdeal- great that you made it through 9 day! yay! Hang in there- 14 days makes a habit. You should see progress on the scale by now.

Hope that you all are having a great day!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Lola - hope you're feeling better, I've been pumping myself with vitamin C for the past few weeks, nasty virus going around here. I made myself a pitcher of crystal lite lemonade and I dropped 2 1000g vitamin C tablets in it. I generally drink 10oz a day along with other vitamins. Don't forget to get some rest also.

I'm suppose to get my DADR book today I've also decided on purchasing a scale today. I trashed my last scale, something went wrong with it, everytime I stepped on it the numbers kept getting higher n higher. I got so depressed I dumped it.

Cheryl - hope you're enjoying your new laptop

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm sure being in this group will help me to stay focused.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to mention my food so far for today:
Breakfast was sausage, one sunny side egg and a protein shake. I was pretty full as the shake is generally enough for breakfast.

Donna- Lg is starting her first day of formal school, grade 1, on Wednesday. I am a bundle of nerves - I am finding it so difficult to give her up to the system.

Sldeal- hubby has misplaced my bag of vitamins and pills so will just have to drink lemons until I can get to the shops. He is a neat freak so he is always cleaning up after us and now he cannot remember seeing my bag.
I guess with all that cold out there at the moment there are many viruses around. Take care
right now I am working outside on my verander (you all call it a deck?) enjoying the warm weather.
Had to laugh about the scale saga.. Good thing to get a new scale. it is bad enough getting on that scale, never mind that it starts giving out wrong numbers.
Have a great day everybody!

Oops SLdeal- just saw that you are in the Bahamas- my wrong- what is the weather like out there?

Last edited by lola001; 01-05-2013 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: correction
Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

My DADR arrived and I'm going to spend all evening reading it, gosh, I'm so happy you'll think somebody gave me a box goodies to munch on.

Lola- like you we're having some terrific weather over here. It was probably low 80's today. Just last week it was pretty cold, low 70's. the colder weather probably won't come until later this month, I think last year it actually got as cold as 58, but that's usually in the evening.

We have a lot of tourist; also Bahamians love traveling, so I guess between the two quite a few people have contracted a nasty 48 hour bug. Hope your throat is feeling better.

Congrats on your daughter starting her 1st day of school, it is hard letting go of them, it's amazing how they grow so fast.

Hope your day is going fine.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #23
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
I had a bit of a tickle in my throat and just felt unwell. Also this morning I woke up with cramps in my legs. Not so good. I need to find my vitamin C to get rid of this throat problem.

Is it true that Colarado has snow about 10 months of the year? I just heard this on TV yesterday.

Cheryl- Have you started accumulating hours at the horse farm?
I am sure that you have your new laptop by now. Enjoy.

SLdeal- great that you made it through 9 day! yay! Hang in there- 14 days makes a habit. You should see progress on the scale by now.

Hope that you all are having a great day!
I hope you're feeling much better now, Lola. Seems a virus is spreading all over the friggin globe right now! Sorry the hubby is a neat freak and lost your vitos.

I think the only place in Colorado that might have snow that much of the year would be at the higher elevations. Like 14,000 feet or so. Donna, correct me if I'm wrong. I like to talk about things as if I know about them.

I don't start work until Monday. I'll be in training but being paid. Monday and Friday and then the following Monday morning and then that Wednesday, I'm on my own. I don't know if I will have any volunteers on my two afternoons but the head honcho is supposed to be there those two days. I won't be alone no matter what.

Is it 14 days that makes a habit? I hope so. I thought it was 21 or longer. I guess it depends on the person. I went faithfully to the gym for a month or a bit more and still fell off track. I will return though. Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Lola - hope you're feeling better, I've been pumping myself with vitamin C for the past few weeks, nasty virus going around here. I made myself a pitcher of crystal lite lemonade and I dropped 2 1000g vitamin C tablets in it. I generally drink 10oz a day along with other vitamins. Don't forget to get some rest also.

I'm suppose to get my DADR book today I've also decided on purchasing a scale today. I trashed my last scale, something went wrong with it, everytime I stepped on it the numbers kept getting higher n higher. I got so depressed I dumped it.

Cheryl - hope you're enjoying your new laptop

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm sure being in this group will help me to stay focused.
Too funny! I hope you stay virus-free down there. It must be heavenly in the Bahamas! How long have you lived there? Where did you live before that? I've never been to a tropical island. *sigh*

Enjoying new laptop? Not hardly! It's been quite a pain. I thought some of my annoying streaming of movies and videos would go away with a new laptop but that hasn't fixed the problem. Contacted Acer and Netflix. Apparently it's the internet connection. It's cable, not DSL. So the only other thing we can try is to hard-wire it to the ethernet cable rather than using it wirelessly. I could live with that but the landlady needs to work it out so it works for both of her tenants here.

Then tonight the touch pad froze up and wouldn't let me click on anything from my home screen so I couldn't go online, couldn't get into the user's manual that is only on the hard drive, couldn't go chat with the computer peeps online, yada yada yada. Tired and glad it's working fine now. Only thing we did was pray and it came back to life!

It helps so much to have LCF! You'll see for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Donna- Lg is starting her first day of formal school, grade 1, on Wednesday. I am a bundle of nerves - I am finding it so difficult to give her up to the system.

right now I am working outside on my verander (you all call it a deck?) enjoying the warm weather.

Had to laugh about the scale saga.. Good thing to get a new scale. it is bad enough getting on that scale, never mind that it starts giving out wrong numbers.
Have a great day everybody!

Oops SLdeal- just saw that you are in the Bahamas- my wrong- what is the weather like out there?
I'm sorry you are going through all that with LG, Lola. I know what you mean, even though I've never been a Mother. "The System" is a good way to put it. It kind of is like that.

They sometimes call them verandas here too. Glad you are enjoying the weather. It's going to snow a little more tonight. But it's warming up into the 40's soon and it will melt somewhat. (Yeah; not Bahama weather by any stretch of the imagination.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
My DADR arrived and I'm going to spend all evening reading it, gosh, I'm so happy you'll think somebody gave me a box goodies to munch on.

Lola- like you we're having some terrific weather over here. It was probably low 80's today. Just last week it was pretty cold, low 70's. the colder weather probably won't come until later this month, I think last year it actually got as cold as 58, but that's usually in the evening.

We have a lot of tourist; also Bahamians love traveling, so I guess between the two quite a few people have contracted a nasty 48 hour bug. Hope your throat is feeling better.

Congrats on your daughter starting her 1st day of school, it is hard letting go of them, it's amazing how they grow so fast.

Hope your day is going fine.
It IS exciting to read the book that is going to lead you down the path of health and weight loss. If you're like me, you'll mark that book up with brackets around paragraphs and dog-eared pages, etc.

Any chance you could post a few pretty pics from the Bahamas for us? That would go a long way toward giving me something to get me through the harsher parts of winter.

Like I said above, that virus seems to be everywhere right now. I highly recommend those hand sanitizer gels. I keep one in my car and every time I come back from shopping or filling up with gas (BIG germ sources), I use the gel. I even wipe some all over my keys, steering wheel, and if I touched my face in the store, I rub some on that area too. Works for me! (Knock on wood.)

Well, I can't believe I did that. I haven't multi-quoted and done personals like that in many moons. It's tougher than I remember! I'm getting old or maybe it's because I have more of a life than I used to have. That's it! That's the reason.

Night-night, ladies. Hugs and to all. Sweet dreams or have a nice day, depending on where you live.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl - I'm originally from Georgia, but got married and moved to Bahamas almost 30yrs ago, fell in love with the beaches I'm divorced now but I still like it here, unfortunately with the slump in the economy crime has really risen. I guess at some point I'll move back home. The weather is beautiful but the humidity during the summer months can be horrid!

Sorry you experienced problems with your laptop, it's always frustrating when you experience problems with anything new, it's expected if used, but definitely not "new". Thank God for prayers, let's hope it's completely healed!

Enjoying my book and I've decided to combine Fast 5 with LC, I'm so uncomfortable with all this excess weight and I really don't want to have to carry it around when the warm weather starts. My goal is to lose 5# a month or at least 30#s for the year, so keeping my fingers crossed Okay, gotta grab my morning tea, have a happy weight loss day everybody!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
Sunday here- and it is already afternoon!
Had a pork stirfry for brunch- got up pretty late so skipped any thoughts of breakfast.
Cheryl- yay that the horse farm is turning out to be so great!
sldeal- what is the fast 5? DADR? sorry - I thought you were talking about DANDR.

No exercise but as soon as I get offline i plan to take a long walk.

have a great Sunday all.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tussah
Stats: 283/242/140
WOE: No sugar or starch
Start Date: October, 2012
Happy New Year everybody! It's great reading everybody's posts.

For the past 30+ years, I have resisted living the LC life, but finally made the decision to cut out all sugar and starch FOREVER, on 10/15/12. After about 4 days of withdrawal, I've been feeling well, both physically and mentally, and my clothes are definitely looser. Since it's taken me 30 years to put on all the weight, I'm giving myself permission to take as long as necessary to let it go again. I'm also hoping that if the weight loss is very slow, maybe my skin will have a chance to settle down again,too. I'd hate to end up looking like a shar pei.

Yesterday, my daughter and I went to a Market on the Move vegetable distribution near our home. I don't know if other cities have this, but it's pretty neat. This organization distributes vegetables that growers can't sell to the supermarkets and would otherwise end up in the landfill. The vegetables are never the same, but there's always a great selection, and everybody can take up to 60 pounds of vegetables.

Yesterday, we got 3 melons (for my daughter), plus poblano peppers, tomatillos, 3 colors of bell peppers, cherry and roma tomatoes, cucumbers, and a big bag of green beans. The kitchen is overflowing. We had stir-fried green beans with beef last night, and I'm going to use the peppers and tomatillos today to make chili verde pork stew.

I got to sleep late this morning, and as a result, had a very vivid dream. I dreamed that I was sitting at a table, and somebody brought over a luscious angel food cake. People on both sides were enjoying this sweetness, and they placed the remaining cake right in front of me. I responded by picking up the plate and placing it on the far side of one of my neighbors while saying in a cranky voice, "Could you put this somewhere else?" I spent the rest of my dream feeling guilty about being nasty about it.

This is the first temptation dream about eating forbidden food that I've had, so I wonder what it means? I can recall when I was very young (and my mother worried that I might take up smoking) having similar sorts of dreams about being tempted to smoke cigarettes. At an even younger age, I had dreams about being tempted to pull the fire alarm at school.

In real life, the people around me have been great, and rarely try to entice me to eat the bad stuff, even though we're are always floating in junk at the office.

On another topic, I've been reading that coconut oil is a great thing to add to the LC diet? Is anybody here doing that? What do you think?
Tussah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
Big Yapper!

sldeal, I'm surprised to hear that it's so humid there. I detest humid summers. I figured the sea breezes would sweep all the humidity away from you. Not so, apparently. Going back to Georgia to live will be a big adjustment after 30 years on a beautiful island. Sorry to hear about the crime. Even an earthly paradise has its issues.

So true! There should be at least a few weeks of totally zero frustration when you buy a new computer. I am going to see about the warranty if things keep happening, though. They only cover 30 days! I think that's criminal.

I'm sure you'll get the weight off with your plan. Just in time to enjoy those beaches!

Hey, Lola. I hope you enjoyed your walk. I believe Fast 5 is where you fast for 5 hours and then eat in a small window, then fast 5 more, etc.

Tussah, No one wants to look like a Shar Pei! Mmmm! Sounds like you're on a very healthy plan! We don't have anything like that mobile veggie-mobile around here but I wish we did. I'll bet the prices are amazing.

So funny about your dream. I rarely remember much of mine except for snippets. Lately I've been having a series of really disturbing dreams. Not nightmares but of people in my past and of general non-niceties. I want to find a way to have a more peaceful night. I might start a new bedtime routine of aromatherapy and soft music or maybe reading the Bible or something calming.

I don't do coconut oil but I know others do. Since you're in no hurry to reach goal, it wouldn't hurt you to give it a try. It will kill off yeast in your body and intestinal tract especially so don't be surprised if you have some changes in bowel function at first. This is what I've heard, anyway. Read up on it before you dive in so nothing takes you by surprise and you'll know what benefits it has.

Have a lovely day, ladies. I'm down under the 200 mark again, for the very last time. I said it last time, totally believing it. And yet, I lost my way and got up to 205 before I finally got back in control. But now I'm in Onederland again and it's "onederful." I have so much fat on my body. I forgot just how horrible it was to be this large. You just "expand" in all directions! Looking forward to the shrinking in all directions now.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-06-2013 at 10:54 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tussah
Stats: 283/242/140
WOE: No sugar or starch
Start Date: October, 2012
Is it good to kill off yeast? Or is it bad? I have been eating it a little. I love the smell of it, but I'm not a big fan of eating it. It just feels really greasy.

The vegetable distribution is better than you know, because it's only $10. They encourage people to take lots of veggies, and share them with their friends and neighbors. The only bad thing at all is that it's very seasonal. There aren't very many vegetables grown around here during the summer months. (I'm in Arizona) And the distribution points change all the time, so many times it's too far to drive to them.

I think that your proposed bedtime routine sounds great. I also think you can influence your dreams sometimes if you tell yourself at bedtime what you want to dream about.
Tussah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #29
Big Yapper!

Wow! Great price and great thing that they do. God bless them! Yes it is good to kill off yeast. Sometimes we have so much of it in our system that it starts causing symptoms and you never realize it's yeast that's the problem. But it you DO have a lot of yeast, using CO will initially cause bloat and a stall in your weight loss during the "die off." I'm no expert but this is what little I remember about it, back when I bought some for myself. I never got through the die-off phase. I was so disgusted by my weight going UP 2.5 lbs and then not budging for several days.

I lived in Kingman for one year but it was not a good year. My husband was on his last legs (literally.) He passed in his sleep in February of 2000 and I left AZ that July. I haven't been back out West since that time. I miss it but I'm used to living on the East Coast again. That was so many years ago. He's at peace and it's for the best but it was hard to handle back then. (Before that, we lived in Las Vegas so I know what the summers are like out that way.)

I'll try that! I will tell myself what I want to dream about. I take meds for sleeping so I wonder if I'll even remember what I dreamed of. As long as I can have snippets of memory of GOOD dreams, I'll know that my sleep is actually restorative and not just a time of unconsciousness.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lola, Cheryl explained the fast five well, but you can read more about it here Welcome to the Fast-5 website | Fast-5 Life. Years ago when I was much younger our church use to do fasting for spiritual purposes, but we were strictly water only, so I'm hoping I can live with this along with Atkins.

DADR = Dr Atkins Diet Revolution, his 72version of LC
DANDR= Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, I understand tht'sthe newer version with some changes. I never had the DANDR so I cant give you comparisons, but you can always look it up on line. from my understanding the '72 version is suppose to be more effective. There's some interesting on this post. 1972 Atkin's plan by the book.

Tussah happy to meet you. We have a market similar to what your speaking about but you have to buy in large quanties. Because I live alone it's too much for me but it really help those with kids. At one of the jobs I use to work we formed a coop and divided everything, that was a big help then.

I sometimes do a lot of dreaming, so I'm wondering if your dream has something to do with you removing sugar n starch from your diet? It might be on your mind unconsciously n once sleep dreaming about it.

Cheryl / Tussah some years ago I use to suffer from night sweats, I know everybody says its something we have to go through during peri menopause, but I realized once I stopped eating store bought bread I never suffered from night sweats. I always wondered if it had something to do with yeast...

Cheryl CONGRATULATIONS one reaching onderland! I'm sure if we all stick together n encourage each we'll see some positive results.

I purchased a scale, plus I took my measurements so on Friday or Saturday, I hope I'm successful like you Cheryl