Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PenPen13
Stats: 150/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 09/09/11
here we go....up another 1 lb this morning....this is what happens to me. I play with the same 4 or 5 lbs even though I am not doing that much different. You see when I post my menu what I am doing.
Last night my family had pizza and I stuck with my food:
1/2 c chicken salad
1/2 c green beans
1/2 c of mashed cauliflower
I did eat my snacks of 1 cheese stick and 2 eggs later in the afternoon.
I did try doing some measurements and didn't notice any change. I did really check only the leg area because that is were I need to lose the most.

ggggrrrrrrr

Well my menu today:
B: protein shake
S: 1 muffin
L: chicken salad, green beans
D: still not stove so ......
S; cheese stick
Cheryl I would love to go to North Carolina! My Mom lives in Hendersonville which is just outside of Ashville. My kids are going skiing with their Dad in March in the New England area. (lucky)
It is just that 12 hour drive that stops me!!
Lola : Great job on the loss! I know what you mean though. When you are losing and feeling good you tend to relax a little and for me....it could take 3 months to lose 10 lbs and 30 secs to gain it back!
Sldeal: I think the seeds are the same ones. From what I understand they will only sprout in dirt and not in water alone. So I guess as long as I don't swallow a spoon full if dirt I am good!
So far I haven't really noticed any issues with taking them.

Last edited by PenPen13; 01-15-2013 at 07:14 AM..
PenPen13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Sometimes it is a bit frustrating. You go by the book hoping to see results and then… nothing. I noticed with myself that I always lose inches before I lose weight, don’t know why, but it just happens. It’s frustrating when others are talking about a 5-10 lb loss, I’m talking about ˝” loss. Go figure. If only I could turn my body inside out, scrape out all of the fat. Yeah, I know I should be happy with the inches loss, but….

Penpen – I was just thinking about fixing chicken salad for my Sunday dinner (it's the only time I cook). Sometimes our body retains water during different periods of the day, weeks...that might be your problem. Don’t give up.
Lola – I understand what you’re saying. The last time I lost weight I was confident with my achievement, I hadn’t reached my goal, but because everybody complimented me, I felt comfortable eating off plan. Boy, am I paying for it now. This time around I’m just going to stick with it.

Here are my mini goals
Size 12 - April 2013
Size 10 - Dec 2013
Size 8 - April 2014

I’m not sure what the weight loss has to be to achieve these goals so I’ll just stick with the inches for now.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)

Last edited by sldeal; 01-15-2013 at 11:14 AM..
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flexibugle
Stats: 169.9/155.7/135
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 01/07/13
Hi All,
I've done the new Atkins before with great success but many years later now have stopped the lifestyle. I just finished up my first first week on Atkins 72 with the most AMAZING results. I lost 7.1 lbs in my first week of induction. I never lost that much with the newer version of Atkins. I'm stunned. My starting weight was 169.9 and I know I'm a fast loser but that shocked me to be able to lose that much. Heading into week 2 now and I have to say, the absolute best part of '72 is NO GAS. With all those vegetables, bars, and shakes I always had issues with that. Eating the '72 way with only 2C of veg a day I feel PERFECT! My energy levels were better in 2 days, after 3 days you feel full all the time and don't really have the urge to eat a lot anymore and then of course by 7 days I lost 7.1 lbs! Amazing.

Started on 01/07/13
flexibugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #94
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Good morning everybody,

I went to bed too early, got up too early and now I'm hungry, my window for eating isn't until 2pm I'm curious to see how my day is going to go.

Penpen - I have a confession when you first wrote about the chia seeds I thought you were referring to the chi chi chia seeds also. Had to look it up, so I did get a good giggle when you talked about your kids. I also agree with Cheryl, not everybody go by the book with induction, it's best to do what you feel will work for you.

Lola Way to go on your loss, you're really making good progress. If you can keep up with the gym you'll be at your goal in no time.

Cheryl glad you made it through orientation. I can't believe you said "it's only in the 20's" I would freeze to death! I don't know how you can manage. It's been a while since I lived in the States don't know if I could survive if I ever move back...low 60's over here is close to freezing.

Hope you guys have a terrific day!
We just become "acclimatized" to our own areas. If you were back here, you would rapidly adjust, too. I lived in San Antonio, Las Vegas and AZ for years and swore I'd never move back to CT but I actually prefer the "cooler" weather to the hot. No bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi SL - thanks for the encouraging words.
You would think that at the rate that I lose I would be at goal by now but I am my worst obstacle. As soon as I feel good about myself I decide to show off my body and eat as if I have a normal metabolism.And then in the space of a few months I am back to where I started.
In 2011 at this point of the year I was at 53kg - just 5kgs from goal and I started eating out of plan- all the weight just piled back on.
I need to figure out a strategy that keeps me on plan all the time.
Hope you manage to stay on plan and get to your eating window.

you are also doing so well.
I'm the same way, Lola. It's almost as if I see how quickly and relatively easily I can drop the weight when I do what I'm supposed to, so I can slack off right now and eat what I want. Because "when I really want to," I can lose the weight. Sick, isn't it?

I was less than 20 lbs from goal at my lowest. We share the same psychosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenPen13 View Post
here we go....up another 1 lb this morning....this is what happens to me. I play with the same 4 or 5 lbs even though I am not doing that much different. You see when I post my menu what I am doing.
Last night my family had pizza and I stuck with my food:
1/2 c chicken salad
1/2 c green beans
1/2 c of mashed cauliflower
I did eat my snacks of 1 cheese stick and 2 eggs later in the afternoon.
I did try doing some measurements and didn't notice any change. I did really check only the leg area because that is were I need to lose the most.

ggggrrrrrrr

Well my menu today:
S: 1 muffin
L: chicken salad, green beans
D: still not stove so ......
S; cheese stick
Cheryl I would love to go to North Carolina! My Mom lives in Hendersonville which is just outside of Ashville. My kids are going skiing with their Dad in March in the New England area. (lucky)
It is just that 12 hour drive that stops me!!
Lola : Great job on the loss! I know what you mean though. When you are losing and feeling good you tend to relax a little and for me....it could take 3 months to lose 10 lbs and 30 secs to gain it back!
Sldeal: I think the seeds are the same ones. From what I understand they will only sprout in dirt and not in water alone. So I guess as long as I don't swallow a spoon full if dirt I am good!
So far I haven't really noticed any issues with taking them.
I'm so sorry for your trouble. What are you calling "a muffin"? And if you are eating a high protein/high fat diet, why are you drinking a protein drink? I don't see the need for that drink at all and it could be part of the problem.

Also, why are you measuring everything? A 1/2 cup of this, a 1/2 cup of that. Just eat what's aloud and avoid what isn't. And when in doubt, eat more fat. Throw extra mayo in that chicken salad. Go wild! Get crazy. I don't think you ever reached Ketosis yet. Have you got any keto sticks? Got keto breath yet?

Pack up a bag, plan a few days to go to NC and go enjoy yourself a little. Take that 12 hour drive and break it up into two 6 hour days. Get a room and kick back and watch some lousy cable tv. Get that snow-fix that you need and spend a little time with your NC family. Then go home refreshed and ready to begin again. You need a change of scenery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexibugle View Post
Hi All,
I've done the new Atkins before with great success but many years later now have stopped the lifestyle. I just finished up my first first week on Atkins 72 with the most AMAZING results. I lost 7.1 lbs in my first week of induction. I never lost that much with the newer version of Atkins. I'm stunned. My starting weight was 169.9 and I know I'm a fast loser but that shocked me to be able to lose that much. Heading into week 2 now and I have to say, the absolute best part of '72 is NO GAS. With all those vegetables, bars, and shakes I always had issues with that. Eating the '72 way with only 2C of veg a day I feel PERFECT! My energy levels were better in 2 days, after 3 days you feel full all the time and don't really have the urge to eat a lot anymore and then of course by 7 days I lost 7.1 lbs! Amazing.

Started on 01/07/13
Glad you're doing so well on the '72 version. Sounds like you're home! Glad to have you with us.

Hugs and love to everyone else that I didn't quote. I'm POOPED. Did some volunteer time at the horse farm and worked hard. Helped load bales of hay from the loft to the hay room, then I walked three horses up in the field (one at a time, of course) and cleaned one of the paddocks that was beyond dirty.

Left there, hit the local grocery store for a few items, came home, grabbed the dog, drove over to the local Fish and Game and let her run around free. Came back home, fed her, filled the bird feeders, fed myself and now I'm kicking back in my PJ's and waiting for the snow storm to start.

We are supposed to get between 3 and 6" and it should be over by noon tomorrow. It sounds like it's going to be a heavy snow, which sucks. I have nowhere I have to be so I can just relax and let it happen. The landlady has the plow guy all set to come so all I have to do is clean off my car and do the walk-ways.

I have no idea how many calories I burned today but I definitely got one heck of a workout. I'm satisfied with my day.

Have a lovely evening, ladies. TTYL.

"Free your mind and your @$$ will follow."

My Journal.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Everybody

thanks for the empathy. I know that we all have the same problem of complacency.
Cheryl- I use protein shakes for their convenience. I travel during breakfast time so it is easier to chug down and breakfast is done.
Glad to hear that the volunteer work gave you a good workout.
Pen, SL - let us hold each other accountable and stay the path this time.
I am also a size 14 now so get down to size 12 by end of February is a good goal.

SIZE 12 BY END FEBRUARY.

Have a great day everybody.
lola001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,

Busy morning; just wanted to give a shout out! I'll be posting again as soon as things quiet down around here.

Hi Flexibugle Welcome to our group. I'm happy to see you've done well on Atkins 72. I just started in Dec and I'm hoping for amazing results as well

I'll shout back later. Enjoy!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Just noticed our thread reached 4 pages

Had a hectic day today and it started with a headache. A group of us in the office have decided to start diets or a new WOE, this is good, because we're going to try to keep each other motivated. We were also encouraged to bring in our "before" pictures so we can have something to keep us motivated at our desks. I'm hoping all of this will help to keep me on track. I noticed my pants I had on today were slightly loose so when I take measurements I hope another inch of fat was lost

Over the weekend I bought some chicken bouillon cubes and decided to have a cup of bouillon on Monday, it was good but a bit strong. So, on Tuesday, I decided to use half of a cube, still good but I thought the sodium level was high. When I got home I decided to check the label for the serving size. The print on the label was so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. I couldn't believe a serving was only 1/4 cube which contained about 630 mg sodium. That means on Monday I consumed 2520 mg sodium and on Tuesday 1260 mg sodium for a total of 3780 mg sodium in two days, that doesn't include my sodium intake from other foods eaten! I've been freaking out all day Of course when I checked the scales I was 2.5 lbs up, but thank God it's all water. Now I got to drink tons of water to get it out of me. Lesson learned: READ THE FRICKING LABEL BEFORE CONSUMING

lola My fingers are crossed that the two of us will reach our goal of a size 12. I'm sure we can do that if we keep each other encouraged. How's the gym coming along?

penpen one of the things Atkins did encourage is that we introduce carbs into our body through veggies slowly, if you see the scales going up, find out what should be eliminated. If you've been keeping a food log you might be able to identify what foods you were eating when your weight inched up. Our bodies are complicated and it takes lots of trial and error trying to get things right. For example, after going through my food log, I realized if I eat scrambled eggs with cheese I'm fine, but when I eat fried eggs with cheese I'm starving within the next hour. I don't know why, but fried eggs triggers my appetite.

I've read where some LCbers have problems with weight gain eating cheese. Also, don't forget Atkins does recommend hard cheese, so maybe it's the cheese sticks. Just don't give up, play around with your foods to find what works for you.

cheryl sounds like you really had a busy day. I agree you got plenty of exercise so you should see remarkable results on the scale during your next weigh in. I'm curious with 3-6" of snow will you still be required to go to work or will all of the streets be closed? I don't miss cold weather but I do miss the snow. We never got much in Georgia, but when I was much younger we use to live in New Jersey, during that time it was safe to make ice cream from the "new" snow, that was before all of this pollution, we use to mix the snow with milk & sugar. As kids, we thought that was the best ice cream.

I hope everybody had a great day and I hope you enjoy your evening.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Evening ladies
Wow crazy day for me and it is only Wednesday! I work in mammography and one of my jobs is to track when we have a diagnosis of breast cancer. I make sure the patient gets scheduled for her consults with the surgeon, her biopsy and visits with oncology. We have had four women in the last two weeks we have diagnosed with cancer and I have been going crazy trying to make sure everyone gets what they need. I really try to do everything I can to help make this time easier.
Ok with that said I am glad it is ALMOST Friday. My BFF is coming for the weekend and I can't wait! We have been BFF for almost 35 years
Cheryl : Just like Lola I do the protein shakes because it is quick and easy for me. When I mention a muffin it is the sausage, egg, cheese muffin. The protein shake doesn't really have any fat to it so that was why I sometimes will eat one muffin.
I have not purchased the ketone sticks. It just seems like half the people who buy them can't tell for sure if they are working or not. I do chew gum for the breath though.
Sldeal : I love the "lesson learned"! I can't tell you how many times I go to eat something thinking it is a good choice and I almost choke when I look at the label. I do have a problem with salt and water gain. I think sometimes that is where my weight changes come in. This morning I was down to 146lbs again, so go figure.
I was a bad girl and did have two light beers last night. I just wanted them so...but I haven't had anything in over two weeks so i have been good about staying away from alcohol.

Today:
B; protein shake
S: two egg muffins
L: wasn't hungry so I skipped lunch
S: 3 slices of apple
D: flank steak, mushrooms in butter and salad
LOTS of water!
I think I need to go easy on the cheese, maybe that is part of my problem. Some people can eat it without a problem. I should be so lucky!
Hope everyone has a good Thursday. It is supposed to get colder here....lower 70's bbbrrrrr..
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #99
Big Yapper!

sldeal, along with the sodium, I'd bet that there is also MSG in there to add flavor. That stuff will pack the water weight on you like nothing else. Glad you figured out what was holding you back. Don't feel bad. We've all been there.

I got a kick out of your tropical-island "take" on how we cope with a few inches of snow. Too cute. No, the plows come by at regular intervals and life goes on. Horses don't take holidays or sick days, so no matter what the weather, they need to be fed and cared for. FORTUNATELY, I don't do mornings. And right now I'm only doing two afternoons a week (for pay, when orientation is over.) So I didn't need to hustle over to the farm today.

If I eat reasonably and work out like I've been at the farm, my weight will come down naturally. But I don't eat reasonably. At least not at the moment. It's a food fest at my house. I'm always swinging from one spectrum to the other, like a dog-gone pendulum. Last week I was green juice fasting, (ie cleanse/detox), this week I'm scarfing all kinds of stuff like it has no effect on me.

I think I'm just SO BURNED OUT on dieting. I started this journey 3 years and 3 months ago. It seems like an eternity. It also seems like if dieting was the answer, I'd have reached my goal weight long, long before now. I think I'm going to have to stop "dieting." I think I really just have to admit that "I'm done" and just learn to eat less rather than more.

I'm thinking of making some declarations in a new siggy. I'm probably going to write it out soon, so stay tuned.

You made ice cream from the snow? How cool is that? (No pun intended. Hahaha!)

Sending hugs and love to all my girls here tonight. Sleep tight and may God bless you and yours.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-16-2013 at 07:30 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #100
Big Yapper!

God bless you, Penny, for making a difficult time more pleasant for those women. A tough job to have, considering how much these women are trying to process in their hearts and their minds after receiving that dire diagnosis.

Yea BFF reunion!!! Party! Have a ball!

Ooh! Two light beers. 50 lashes with a wet noodle. There! That'll teach ya.

Brrrrr! You are too much.

Thanks for explaining those muffins. I can understand the notion of protein shakes for a meal on the go, so that's cool. I just thought you were drinking them just to be upping your protein. They ought to make "fat shakes"! A little ketone boost in a bottle. LOL.

I'm going to try and let this keyboard cool off. I have been typing a lot tonight and it is smoking. (Just kidding.) Watched American Idol tonight. Wasn't as bad as sometimes, but then again, I've learned when to press the mute button when some clown is auditioning. Love Keith Urban, don't get the chick with the costume hair and stage makeup. ??? Every season, something new. But there is that one constant: Randy Jackson. The dog who wouldn't go away. Hehehe. No, he's a nice guy.

Sleep tight, lovelies. Stay warm in that 70 degree weather, Pen! Better bundle up down there! (I hope you don't mind me razzing you.)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Cheryl and Sldeal for the encouragement. Sounds like the group on this thread is working really hard at this every day. It was mentioned above that this thread has reached page 4, if we all keep at it, I hope we reach page 50 because everyone is still going several months from now and making this a lifestyle. I lived an Atkins lifestyle for 4 1/2 years. It can be done despite those around us not doing the same thing. Set the example though and many will follow.

Just want to say to everyone here, keep up the awesome work! We can all do this and achieve our goals. It's a journey so remember to stop and enjoy all the little things each day and congratulate yourself for the small achievements. Sometimes those are the biggest hurdles.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #102
Big Yapper!

Amen, Flexi!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody
Another on plan yesterday! I am feeling the group power. I find that when we are all accountable on thread I do better on plan. Does that make me sound weak?
SL- it is great when the people at the office understand and support. I think I have the same here but as I have just recently started, I don't know the people well enough to have those kind of discussions.

Flexibugle- glad the plan is working and 7lbs is great progress. Glad you are enjoying the food options.
Cheryl- yay for paid work! Sounds like you are in a good space right now. I like your siggy - good to have balance and watch it work for you.

Pen- It is wonderful that you are so commited to the work that you do- It is wonderful when you can help people when they need it most.
Enjoy time with your BFF- those are important support structures for us.

To be quite honest I have been having a glass of watered down white wine in the evenings just before supper. One of the reasons I love LC is that it allows booze and while I know that it slows down weightloss, I allow myself that. I normally do half water and half wine in a glass.

I hope that you all have a great day!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #104
Big Yapper!

It's nice to see you in the groove, Lola. That 50/50 wine sounds just fine. That's a plan you can certainly live with. Happy for you!

I'm going to see La Miserabe with my sister and mother at 3:30 today. I hope it's good. I packed some Smokehouse Almonds in my purse. I hate paying huge amounts of money for movie food. I'll bring a bottle of water in my purse, too.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

I agree Lola, some things you just have to find a way to have. My guy is doing this with me although he is more New Atkins than 72 'cause I give him bars and stuff for extra food. Obviously he can eat a lot more than me. He's mixing Chardonnay with some sprite zero. He won't give up his wine but I was shocked he went and found the lowest carb wine on his own and then decided to water down the stuff on his own as well.
I think we all need to find those things we just have to have to keep ourselves sane and resolved and do what works for us as an individual. After a while it just becomes habit. It's all the little things that add up to get us to the goal. The best part is, you know what you want. It seems to create the most chaos in people when they don't know and they are trying to figure out what to eat/drink, haven't planned and then it's all just a big mess that inevitably leads to just giving up.
For me it's coffee with cream. It was the whole reason I went with Atkins in the first place 8 years ago. I was doing those flavored creamers back then. It has been half and half now for 8 years. That's one thing I never reverted back to and won't.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

hi Flexi - Glad your man is with you. It does help.
Honestly I cannot stand the taste of sprite zero.

cheryl- enjoy the show. That is one of the shows I would like to see. my new life plan includes doing all the things I enjoy- It is no longer just about work.

I had to go to a funeral this morning - a friend's dad passed away adn I had to wear a black skirt- ooh. it was too tight. Had to change twice before I found something wearable so getting back into my clothes is a huge motivation right now.

food today was a protein shake for breakfast;
Lunch - two egg muffins and some coleslaw.

Supper - will have to figure that out later.
Need to get through to the end of the month (payday) so food choices are limited and not very exciting.

Have a great day everybody!

It's the weekend! yay!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Sorry, couldn't post yesterday, had a busy day, and later I had company to drop by, when they left I was too exhausted to post anything.

Looks like I have to visit my food log over the weekend, I've been extremely hungry for the entire week and although I was strictly LC yesterday, did lots of snacking something I definitely don't want to make a habit. I did have some can meat (corn beef) I'm thinking that might have spurred the "hungries". I'm also having a difficult time trying to take in enough water, some days I do good to drink 32 oz, I think I remember reading somewhere where the intake should be 64oz... It's often a headache trying to stay on track with everything, I think what I need to do is just focus on the day and what I'm doing right and not worry to much about what I'm not doing.

Anyways, I'm still on track, but this week has been tough.

lola your egg muffins sounds appetizing. I have some chopped up ham (not keen on sausage) think I'll make some over the weekend. I use to eat them quite often and they helped to "tame" my appetite.

Flexi I agree with you, we have to find what works for us or eventually we'll give up in disgust. For some WW, others Jenny Craig, for me Atkins, I hate counting calories and I seldom count carbs, I just kinda know what I should or shouldn't eat. Besides I'm a meat eater I just need to learn how to stay on track.

Cheryl hey it's nice to see you're really enjoying your new laptop hopefully all of the kinks have been ironed out. I'm quite impressed by your new "siggy" and I luv your quote "I will try to remember that food is fuel and not entertainment." I guess all my life I've used food as a source of entertainment to comfort me during those down days, happy days, sick days, rainy days, blah, blah. I need to commit those words to memory.

penpen I admire you and your job. I'm sure when women are feeling their lowest, just knowing there is someone who's supportive and who care's can make a dramatic difference in their life during their trauma. I had a cousin who died from cancer, I had just married and moved to the Bahamas while she was going through her illness, but I had always wished I could have been there for her.

Here's hoping for a terrific day
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone!
Busy day again yesterday, never even turned my home computer on!
I haven't even stepped on the scale in the last few days, I don't want to depress myself if the weight is the same. I have been very good and even drinking about 96 oz of water.
Yesterday:
L: salad with flank steak chopped up
S: 2 slices of apple
D: shredded pork with salad
Maybe I am not eating enough???
I bought the shredded pork at Costco and it was pretty good. The rest of the family had hot dogs but I figured I should stay away from them. I added a little sour cream with the meat and plopped it on lettuce. Sprinkle a little hot sauce on top and that was dinner!

Flexi: I use the flavored creamers with my coffee but I buy the SF ones. Do you guys think that is bad? I always add the CO and creamer to my coffee. When I get down to half of a bottle I will sometimes add HWC or half and half to it and mix it up. That cuts down the sweetness a little and it tastes ok to me. Wine and diet sprite?? Hum...sounds interesting. Little bubbles with the wine. Have you guys ever tried the soy vodka?
Cheryl : Don't mind the joking around at all. Just to let you know I almost froze to death this morning when I got in my car... it was 55 degrees!! Actually I love the colder weather, so nice for a change. My cats on the other hand love to go outside on the patio and did a sudden stop when they felt the temperature change. Big babies! They even have a fur coat already
Lola: those little muffins are great right? They are actually really filling. I had some the other day for a snack and ended up skipping lunch because I wasn't hungry. I need to learn that I can skip a meal if I am not hungry. I don't need to eat just because it is 12:00pm.
I really have been good and not eating anything that I am not supposed to unless it is something I don't realize is wrong. I did try on a pair of jeans this morning but they really don't feel any better.
Cheryl like you, I am tired of the whole dieting thing. Sometimes it seems that my body plans to stay between 145 and 150lb no matter what I do. I can diet hard and get down to 140 and then "boom" be right back up to 150. When I did the HCG I was down to almost 135 which I LOVED but you can't live that way.
Anyway my BFF will be here tonight and I can't wait!! She has been struggling with her weight all her life too so we can boo hoo to each other.
Three day weekend for me this weekend. Gotta love those federal holidays!!
I did make a doctor's appt for early February. I will be 50 this year so maybe my hormones are crazy....who knows.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #109
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
cheryl- enjoy the show. That is one of the shows I would like to see. my new life plan includes doing all the things I enjoy- It is no longer just about work.

I had to go to a funeral this morning - a friend's dad passed away adn I had to wear a black skirt- ooh. it was too tight. Had to change twice before I found something wearable so getting back into my clothes is a huge motivation right now.

It's the weekend! yay!
Sorry about your friend's loss. I hope he had lived a full life and left behind a lot of cherished memories. Sorry about the tight skirts. I'm feeling ya on that one.

The movie was good but it would have been better if I had seen a review or something online before going to see the film. Plus I arrived about 5 minutes after it started and apparently, that 5 minutes packed in a lot of essential information. I was a bit confused throughout because of it. But my sister filled me in when it was all over and then it made a lot more sense.

Personally, I find that era of humanity very disturbing. When people lived more like dogs than humans. It was a time I'm glad I never had to experience and I cringe watching stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Sorry, couldn't post yesterday, had a busy day, and later I had company to drop by, when they left I was too exhausted to post anything.

Looks like I have to visit my food log over the weekend, I've been extremely hungry for the entire week and although I was strictly LC yesterday, did lots of snacking something I definitely don't want to make a habit. I did have some can meat (corn beef) I'm thinking that might have spurred the "hungries". I'm also having a difficult time trying to take in enough water, some days I do good to drink 32 oz, I think I remember reading somewhere where the intake should be 64oz... It's often a headache trying to stay on track with everything, I think what I need to do is just focus on the day and what I'm doing right and not worry to much about what I'm not doing.

Anyways, I'm still on track, but this week has been tough.

Cheryl hey it's nice to see you're really enjoying your new laptop hopefully all of the kinks have been ironed out. I'm quite impressed by your new "siggy" and I luv your quote "I will try to remember that food is fuel and not entertainment." I guess all my life I've used food as a source of entertainment to comfort me during those down days, happy days, sick days, rainy days, blah, blah. I need to commit those words to memory.

penpen I admire you and your job. I'm sure when women are feeling their lowest, just knowing there is someone who's supportive and who care's can make a dramatic difference in their life during their trauma. I had a cousin who died from cancer, I had just married and moved to the Bahamas while she was going through her illness, but I had always wished I could have been there for her.

Here's hoping for a terrific day
I went back to the book and looked up "water" in the index in the back. Page 138 says we only need to drink as much as we need, going by our thirst. Don't restrict fluids or push them. That makes you happy, huh!

We've all used food for entertainment. And for numbing our emotions, filling the voids in our day, etc. I think that's why we're here! Trying to sort it all out with something we can live with for the rest of our lives, that won't feel like dieting. That's the hard part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenPen13 View Post
Morning everyone!
Busy day again yesterday, never even turned my home computer on!
I haven't even stepped on the scale in the last few days, I don't want to depress myself if the weight is the same. I have been very good and even drinking about 96 oz of water.
Yesterday:
L: salad with flank steak chopped up
S: 2 slices of apple
D: shredded pork with salad
Maybe I am not eating enough???
I bought the shredded pork at Costco and it was pretty good. The rest of the family had hot dogs but I figured I should stay away from them. I added a little sour cream with the meat and plopped it on lettuce. Sprinkle a little hot sauce on top and that was dinner!

Flexi: I use the flavored creamers with my coffee but I buy the SF ones. Do you guys think that is bad? I always add the CO and creamer to my coffee. When I get down to half of a bottle I will sometimes add HWC or half and half to it and mix it up. That cuts down the sweetness a little and it tastes ok to me. Wine and diet sprite?? Hum...sounds interesting. Little bubbles with the wine. Have you guys ever tried the soy vodka?
Cheryl : Don't mind the joking around at all. Just to let you know I almost froze to death this morning when I got in my car... it was 55 degrees!! Actually I love the colder weather, so nice for a change. My cats on the other hand love to go outside on the patio and did a sudden stop when they felt the temperature change. Big babies! They even have a fur coat already
Lola: those little muffins are great right? They are actually really filling. I had some the other day for a snack and ended up skipping lunch because I wasn't hungry. I need to learn that I can skip a meal if I am not hungry. I don't need to eat just because it is 12:00pm.
I really have been good and not eating anything that I am not supposed to unless it is something I don't realize is wrong. I did try on a pair of jeans this morning but they really don't feel any better.
Cheryl like you, I am tired of the whole dieting thing. Sometimes it seems that my body plans to stay between 145 and 150lb no matter what I do. I can diet hard and get down to 140 and then "boom" be right back up to 150. When I did the HCG I was down to almost 135 which I LOVED but you can't live that way.
Anyway my BFF will be here tonight and I can't wait!! She has been struggling with her weight all her life too so we can boo hoo to each other.
Three day weekend for me this weekend. Gotta love those federal holidays!!
I did make a doctor's appt for early February. I will be 50 this year so maybe my hormones are crazy....who knows.
Dr Atkins also addresses food on the same page as the water. Page 138: Eat when you're hungry. If you're not hungry, don't force yourself. But I do remember that he said we will get a lot more bang for our buck if we get in the habit of having a sumptuous breakfast everyday, to stoke the fat-burning fire.

What do you use on your salads? How much fat are you taking in? If your percentages are more like: Protein- 70%, Fat- 20% and Carbs- 10%, things won't work as well as if you switched the Fat and Protein proportions around.

I don't know what's in those sugar-free flavored coffee creamers but I'm guessing they are harboring things that will hinder a clean Atkins '72. Better to use the plain cream or half and half (cheaper than HWC or LWC) and put some flavoring into the coffee grounds before you brew the pot. I like to put some ground cinnamon in the grounds but you can also delve into all those yummy Da Vinci syrups at Netrition. Sometimes you can find them locally.

I have never tried that Vodka. Actually I've never even heard of it before. Made from soy? Hard liquor is actually allowed on Atkins because it's not a carb. The body processes it as a kind of carb, though. It will burn through the alcohol calories before going back to burning off your fat, so if you drink on a regular basis, your weight loss will slow considerably.

Enjoy your 3-day weekend with your friend! Hope things warm back up for you. Do you have a fireplace? Might be the perfect time for a cozy little fire and some of that piping-hot flavored coffee.

Today is my last afternoon orientation at the farm and it is bitter cold outside. Super sunny but barely in the 20's. The farm is at the top of what CT people call a mountain and it is always a bit colder (and windier) up there than "down here." I am going to dress for it. I have the hat, gloves, neck thingy, coat and boots already picked out. One of the horses gets a little spooked by different strange hats and stuff but UP HIS. I'm staying warm!

I will bring a large mug of hot coffee and sip on that as I work. I'm going to try and do it all as if I'm already on my own. So I'm going to ask the other girl to just kick back inside the house and relax. Then she can come out when I'm done and give everything a quick once-over to see if I was able to get it all done. Maybe I shouldn't actually ask for that. :/ On second thought, if she doesn't bring it up, neither will I. Too cold to be a hero!

Have an awesome day, ladies. I'll BBL and tell you how the farm went.

PS: How cute! My dog is stretched out in this great big sun spot on the carpet and she's fast asleep. She just started softly barking so she's having herself a good, toasty dream. I love her!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-18-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Hi friends
Another weekend gone by - it was so cold and rainy- perfect indoor weather for movie watching and cuddling on the sofa.
Eating was not so good. I tried to keep it healthy.
Got my gym bag with me so i can stop at the gym over lunch.
breakfast today was a protein shake and a babybel for a snack.
Lunch is two scrambled eggs with a bit of cheddar cheese.
Supper will be some fried fish and coleslaw.

cheryl- so cute that your girl is enjoying her piece of the sun.
Pen - have a great 3 day weekend. never heard of soy vodka but i love the real stuff - vodka that is.
SL - hang in there - we will get over the initial hurdle together.
Flexi- hope you and your guy are doing well.
I really have the munchies but I think it is in response to some of the foods I ate this weekend.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick post to say Good Morning and hope you had a fantastic weekend. I'll be shouting back later today!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Oops! Forgot to mention. Weighed in today and dropped 1.4lbs, which means I'm down 5lbs for January! I don't usually lose weight fast, so I'm going to enjoy this loss for awhile, it'll probably be another 2-3 weeks before I experience it again . I also checked my measurements and I'm down another 2 1/4" which gives me a total lost of 8 1/2" for January! Not bad.

Gotta run, I'll post again later.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #113
Big Yapper!

Very nice, sldeal! WTG.

Sorry but that's all the energy I can muster to cheer you ladies on. I'm wasted from doing my first morning shift at the farm. YUCK! Not for me and I hope I almost never need to do them. I volunteered to do the 12th of February to cover another lady but I asked one of the other girls (via text tonight) if she would like to do it for me in exchange for me doing one of her afternoons that week. I hope she takes the bait.

Snowing here but nothing major. Will get an inch or two, or so they say. Places to the north and east of us are possibly going to get up to 12"! (Boston, etc.) Poor people. Lucky us! I just don't have it in me to dig out from that kind of storm right now. I'd probably just ram the car in and out of the driveway rather than shovelling! At least that's what I'd be tempted to do.

Wednesday is going to be the coldest of the cold days this week and it is my first "flying solo" day at the farm. I don't even care. Bring it! I can do this.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everybody
SL- wow that is some good progress - you have certainly earned all of that and more! great going.
Cheryl- sounds like the morning farm work was some kind of workout. Hope that you have recovered by now.
snow- yeah!
Well I 've hauled out my weight lifting book and will work on a weekly plan to get started.
My mum is quite ill at the moment and she lives in another province - it is a huge stress right now but I plan ot manage it. Hubby has been a huge crutch to lean on so I am so grateful for his support.
Breakfast this morning was a protein shake and lunch is two scrambled eggs with a bit of cheddar.
Boring but it is 'close but not quite' payday kind of meals.
hope that you all are having a great day!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody

Just to let you know I got myself to the gym and ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I ran for 3 kms at an average speed of 6.3km/ph. I feel really good that I treated myself well and went to the gym. I can see from my clothes that I need to reduce my dress size soon.

Hope you are doing well.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody, it's been pretty busy so I didn't have a chance to post back. Got home exhausted and flopped.

Cheryl - I'm not sure, what all is involved working on the farm but whatever it is it sounds like you're getting a serious workout. I'm guessing give it a few weeks and you should be good & tone! Also, good luck tomorrow on your first day of solo, I'll be cheering for you.

Lola - I'm sorry to hear about your mother; I know it can be stressful when you live far apart. I pray she gets better.

Hey, I'm happy you made it to the gym, not only are you doing good for your body, working out also helps to rid yourself of stress. Keep going for it!

And there's nothing wrong with your egg & cheese for lunch. I had it for dinner last night I must be the laziest cook in the world, I just zipped that egg in the microwave, topped it with some cheese and went at it.

Penpen I hope you and your BFF had a terrific time over your 3 day weekend/holiday!

Wishing all of you a fantastic day!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #117
Big Yapper!

Lola, I'm so sorry to hear that your Mother is so ill. Is it something that will shorten her life? If it helps to talk about it, I'm here. I know all about family illnesses and loss, unfortunately.

Nice going on the gym! You love to run and it seems to be your sport, for sure. I used to want to be a runner but I think my body isn't suited for that now. That was a missed opportunity. Now I'll be happy to just be able to walk at a good clip up an incline without wanting to lay down and die.

I see the gym in my immediate future, too. I'm thinking February.

Thanks, sldeal. I've been doing this work for over a year now so the toned part of me is in there somewhere! I can feel it but can't see it yet. I keep hiding it under layers of fluffy yellow fat cells. (Grosses me out when I picture what it looks like inside.)

How do you microwave an egg without it exploding? The only way I've been able to do that is with hard boiling an egg. But I have to pierce the yolk about 5 times and not cook it for even one or two seconds too long. Do you scramble and then nuke it? Hmmm.... Can't wait to hear how you do it!

I have an announcement to make. As of this Friday, I'm back on the LC wagon. I can't deny it any longer. I have to return to the LC WOE. For life, this time. I am too much of a food addict (carb addict, I should say) to take the chance of eating regular foods for even a day or two. It stirs up that monster within me and I'm completely out of control all over again. Look at how much weight I've regained!

For those of you who don't know me as well, I'll fill you in on my LCF history. I joined in October 2009 while doing Atkins '72. I was 234.6 when I began. Using Atkins and then homeopathic HCG and even doing my own low fat/high carb thing during the summer of 2011, I got as low as 159.4. Now I'm back up to 205.8 and I feel HORRIBLE. Absolutely wretched.

Basically, 2012 was a total waste. I was off more than I was on any plan and that is how I ended up "here." So now it's time to "pay the piper." Friday I begin again. And I will be the grown-up I know I can be and just learn to love the lifestyle.

So, time to make myself a new siggy! The one I have no longer applies.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Evening Ladies
Well I had a wonderful weekend with my BFF! We went shopping, to the green market, pedi's, out to lunch and visiting with local friends here that she doesn't see often. I was so sad to see her go home
Did ok eating over the weekend.....did have a few drinks and a little bread when we went to the indian place for dinner.
The soy vodka is the real thing but made from soy instead of the wheat. The brand has a huge red 3 on the bottle. You should try it!
Cheryl : I just can't image working as hard as you are. You are really a trooper. I am such a big baby when it comes to physical labor! I will do anything I can to get out of it. I admit it, sad I know. Just don't tell my kids I said it!
Lola : hang in there! Hope things are getting better for you. I had joined a gym last year and went 6 days a week for about 6 months. I did tone up but my clothes did not feel any better. I was so upset I finally stopped going. It was expensive and since I didn't really feel that much better I thought, why go. I did feel so much better about myself after I went though. Hum...I really feel like a flab monster now that I am not really doing anything. I keep telling myself I am going to start again tomorrow and well I just don't. I do walk three days a week at night but I need to do more.
SL : Way to go girlfriend!! Awesome on the loss of inches You are giving me hope
So my BF was just in here talking to me about taking a trip to Hawaii this summer. I would love to but then I start thinking about summer clothes.... I know I live in Florida and spend most of my time in summer things but still. On vacation you are supposed to wear cute things.
Oh well...so here was my day today:
B ; muffin
L: chicken on salad with ranch dressing
S; cheese stick
D: pulled pork with hot sauce and salad with ranch
I was also taking yoga last year and stopped taking it when I joined the gym. Maybe I need to pull out my DVD again and start doing that. I have a torn ACL in my left knee and when I exercise I usually aggravate it. Right now it feels great.
Hope everyone has a good night
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #119
Big Yapper!

I guess I am a trooper, but it's just how I'm hard-wired. If I was expending that kind of energy at the gym or helping neighbors do their yard work or something like that, then I'd feel like a trooper. I just love the animals! They don't take holidays, they can't close early or open late due to inclement weather and they never get sick days. So those of us who love them don't get those things, either. I've found my niche in life! Now all I have to do is make more money doing it.

Your gym membership was a kind of pay-as-you-go plan? I pay each month, whether I'm going or not. It's just under $50/month. When I'm using the gym and enjoying the pool and sauna and stuff, it seems like a very good deal. When I'm NOT using it, I just don't think about it at all.

I'm glad you had such a fun time with your bff. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Does she live far away? When do you think you'll see each other again? You'll make the time if it's important to you. We sacrifice for the things we love (ie HORSES.)

Hawaii? In the summer? Why not go when the weather is crappy in the continental usa? Maybe it's cheaper in the summer? I have an idea. Don't worry about wearing cute things when in Hawaii and no one will ever suspect you're not a local! Make it easy on yourself and go incognito.

I've given it some thought actually; buying a one-way ticket to Hawaii and living a homeless life down there on the beach. I hear there are many people doing that. Problem is I'm not much of a beach person. I'd be bored after the first 3 days.

I'm going to have to see about these "muffins" y'all keep talking about. If I had something round to place in the frying pan to keep the egg from running out into the entire expanse of the pan, it might end up looking like the sort of thing you'd find in a McMuffin. I will see what I can find that could serve my purposes. A little breakfast sandwich sounds delightful.

Maybe you can do some gentle warm-up moves for your torn ACL before you actually do the yoga moves. I am interested in investigating yoga classes at my gym. I just feel like I'll be so stiff and clumsy at it that it keeps me from stepping out of my comfort zone. I guess you need to leave "self-consciousness" at the door.

Night, ladies. I'm off to sleep soon, God-willing. It's in the single Fahrenheit digits tonight and won't get above 20 tomorrow when I'm at the farm. I'm going to do my best and just grin and bear it. Like I said, the animals have to go through it all too, so I'm no better than they are. We're in it together. Tight as Amigos can be!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everybody!
Lovely day out here- it is expected to get really hot so short skirts and sandles are the order of the day! - very unforgiving clothing.

Well I was totally on plan yesterday. Note that when I say on plan I include an occasional drink - which is still LC - even if I mix if with coke zero. I don't take sugar, breads, any white starches.
My siggy has a place where I plan to record everyday spent on plan and will record days when I go off plan so that I can halt the destructive path I start when I eat anything and the kilos pile on.
the bit of running I did yesterday got rid of the extra weight that I accumulated by going offplan over the weekend so I am back to 65.1kg.
I packed my gym bag for another day at the gym.
I want to start running in the morning at home- I have some lovely running paths that I can use - I have been triaing myself to get up at 5am. now i just need to train myself to get out of bed, put on some clothes and start running.
suuper yesterday was a lovely roasted chicken and some veggies sauteed in butter. yum.
Today's breakfast was a protein shake and lunch is some leftover chicken and veg.
Supper tonight may have to be hamburger meat.