Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
72` DADR: OneMoreTime

I have been doing well on The Atkins Ladder, But not well enough.
I have thought a lot of hours about this.
I have decided to go back to a brand new clean Induction, by the late Dr. Atkins. I wil be using the DADR along with that list some think, did not come from Dr. Atkins. And personally I don't care who wrote the list. That book, with that list is how I have lost most of my almost 150 pounds. That's right almost 150 pounds.......

I do want to Welcome all in my door 'thread". It is always open and if I can help myself and just one person this alone will be worth my time writing in here.

We all come to this forum hoping we have finally found the answer, to that hateful question. Why can I not keep my weight loss off or why can I not lose weight? To tell the truth, the answer is right in front of all of us. If we dig deep enough, we will discover the answer.

These Q's have more than one simply answer. So let's try to start with the first one.

Q.- 1. Why do we overeat?

A.- 1. Maybe, we do not know why we overeat.

Thats a simple enough Q. isn't it?
But the A. is very complexed. It takes more than 8 words to answer that Q. It for sure has, more than a simple 8 little bittie one's to "answer" and "solve" my issues. What about you?

I have looked around this forum. I see newbies everyday. And I see ones that have been struggling for years and some for years and years. I also see a few maintainers.
And that maintaining is one of the hardest things one will do in this struggle to lose and maintain the fat loss.

And yes it is fat, regardless of the name you chose to call it...fluff, extra me, chunkie, Adipose tissue. More colloquially, blubber, lard, padding. Huge, big, unhealthy, large. Subcutaneous Thickness. Energy reserve insulation. Flab.
Bulky, big boned, chubby, obese, skinny impaired, Just not skinny, horizontally challenged.
Fat has many names.
But I call it plain and simply: fat.....

Whatever you call it I will never be it again!

So here comes 72 Induction: OneMoreTime
Bring it on
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Why Do We Overeat??
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
New thread time!
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Shanan why do we overeat?
Is it just the taste or is it deeper than that????
Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I eat because of the taste but also when I am bored. Or sad or upset. Sometimes when I am happy too lol.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay...

Bored
Sad
Upset
Happy

At what age did you find out you was fat?
I was 12
Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gosh maybe I was younger. Maybe 10......or 11...
Old 12-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
I think I eat because I am so bored. I am in the middle of nowhere,with nothing to do and nowhere to go,so I sit here reading a book and I decide I need something to snack on. Of course I want something good like some toast with cream cheese.I have to get the bread out of the house!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
I was pretty chunky around 10 but slimmed down by 13 and was never big until the last 10 years.I'm bigger now than I have ever been even pregnant with all three kids!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

GRAB YOUR SHOVEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
I think I eat because I am so bored. I am in the middle of nowhere,with nothing to do and nowhere to go,so I sit here reading a book and I decide I need something to snack on. Of course I want something good like some toast with cream cheese.I have to get the bread out of the house!
That is disastrous. Oh me I am so hoping you can get out and find a gym!! Or find a fun job for a few days a week, part-time. D. really helps me being here. A long time back I would wait till he was gone to work and the boys at school and I would make a pan of chocolate gravy. I would either make myself some biscuits or pop a can open. Homemade sweet milk biscuits and chocolate gravy was my drug for many years. I would air the house out and do some cleaning so no one would smell what I had done!
I haven't done that in many many years! As a matter of fact it has been over 20 years ago.
Bread thank goodness does not cause me a problem. My babe thinks he can not eat without some kind of bread. He will even eat wheat thins or saltines if we have no bread. I am very thankful he does not ask me for biscuits and cornbread. I could and would make it for him but he has not asked me to, yet! He might when we get out of this RV bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
I was pretty chunky around 10 but slimmed down by 13 and was never big until the last 10 years.I'm bigger now than I have ever been even pregnant with all three kids!

13....My mamas friend, Shirley told her I would start thinning down when I turned 13. I continued to grow horizontally.

We really must dig deep to find the truth.....I have shovel in hand! I will never ever give up again!!!!!
Even if the truth breaks my heart into.............................................. .
Better to know and live than to die fat wondering why..........................................
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I didnt get fat until I had dd#1 a 21. Up and down ever since.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

I found this on LCF. Someone else posted it. I have searched for this list for many years!!

This is the way I lost 17 pounds in 1972. I lost 17 pounds in two weeks!!
I am very serious about this. This is the list our doctor gave my dad in 1972, before Dr. Atkins book came out "Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution".

ON THIS DIET YOU MUST TAKE A MULTIPLE VITAMIN AND MINERAL CAPSULE!

FOODS

Meat (except liver and liver sausage)
Fish (except wine sauce herring)
Seafood (except oysters)
Poultry (nothing to be breaded or floured,
No BBQ sauce or catsup)
Eggs (fixed any way)
Natural Cheese (with wax around)
(No cottage cheese, processed or yogurt)
Butter
Fat
Salt/Pepper and other seasonings/read very carefully, look 4 hidden sugar.
Artificial Sweetners
Mustard & Horseradish
Mayonnaise * I am going to make my own.
Sour Cream Dressing *
Low Calorie Dressing * w/no sugar
Mushrooms (1T)
Beef or Chicken boullion broth
(No other soups)

*These items contain 2 cal. Of sugar per Tablespoon – DO NOT use excessively
** If desired as often as listed

Fried Pork Rinds (can be used as breading)
Sugar Free Gum (NO sugar free candy or other dietetic foods)
Cool Whip topping *
D-Zerta Jello and D-Zerta topping
Plain Knox Gelatin and sugar free kool-aid (mix together to make jello)
1C of lettuce (twice a day) **
NO OTHER VEGETABLES
NO FRUIT

BEVERAGES

Water (1/2 your weight in oz.)
Sugar Free Soda
Sugar Free Kool-Aid
Black Coffee and tea
Hard Liquor: (NO wine except dry vermouth, NO apricot brandy, drambouye, Southern Comfort, Liquorers)
NO regular beer
Lite Beer OK – Micholob Lite or Miller Lite

This is the LIST I keep referring too. This is my handbook/with the 72' book

This does work fast!!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

BIL better ,but the colostomy clogged up. At first they said he may need surgery again, but the surgeon said not necessary. So worried. Well he is out of the nursing facility and will come home with us from the hospital. Everything is ready. I have to go pick up his things and machines and buy him some new clothes to come home in.

Heather, many in my family are also teachers including me so it hit home on several levels. If it wern't for my grandkids I would not celebrate this Chriatmas. All this and no FIL for the first time.

Heather ask ML to post her 72 List. We are experts with this plan, especially her. It really does work and a great way to get started.

Rainy weather lately so it takes more time to get around town.

Love and hugs to you all.

Linda
Linda I am more worried about you that anything! You can not continue with so much stress!
I love you sweet friend

Linda!

I am so glad he is coming home!
It is in my opinion the best place to heal!!!!!
It is wet out there today...please drive carefully!

ML

I would love to see the 72 food list.....I don't have this book.

SL

How are you doing this morning. I am finding it a little more difficult to send my daughter off to school....I am glad she has a cell phone and can call me, I guess.
I will be glad when winter break starts. Sure wish I could feel that our schools are really a safe place for children.

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Heather I can not imagine the pain it causes you to see her go in those school doors. One of my DIL's home school's her 2, Thank God!

Me luv's you two sweet friend.

ME loves all of yall!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather it is not his home he is going home to. It is Linda's
Old 12-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Iwant2trulyLIVE
Stats: 250/245/160
WOE: trying to find enough info to do Atkins 68'-72'
Hello I am new here and desperate to live for my children. I stumbled across ML's previous threads with "white dove" and saucier and Linda b .... it sort of felt like I was reading a soap opera, but I found it very uplifting. Good for you ML for always standing your ground and staying positive and uplifting on your journey and as you travel with others on theirs!

Anywho ... being allergic to coconut oil ... what else can I use??
What would be a good kick start plan? Is there an "induction" to that '68 list or is that a good induction to the '72??? .... sorry to intrude with so many newbie questions. I would greatly appreciate any help and advice and look forward to getting to know all of you.
Iwant2trulyLIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwant2trulyLIVE View Post
Hello I am new here and desperate to live for my children. I stumbled across ML's previous threads with "white dove" and saucier and Linda b .... it sort of felt like I was reading a soap opera, but I found it very uplifting. Good for you ML for always standing your ground and staying positive and uplifting on your journey and as you travel with others on theirs!

What would be a good kick start plan? Is there an "induction" to that '68 list or is that a good induction to the '72??? .... sorry to intrude with so many newbie questions. I would greatly appreciate any help and advice and look forward to getting to know all of you.
Iwant2trulyLIVE

Gosh you have been reading. I am so so so happy you are here!!! What do you want us to call you. I mostly answer to almost anything. Mary not so much.

I do understand how you feel about fearing death because of the extra us we carry around. Posting more and sending this so you will know me is here
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Lindab and whitedov and I met over a year ago. Both are very dear to me. I love everyone. I have always tried to be a support and a friend to everyone I met. And I am so happy to met you!

Several wonderful great caring people here. And I love each one of them.

Having buds on our road of weight loss is the best gift we can all give each other.

I will hang with you forever and a day. You will never ever be alone.

The CO.
Some like Heather can not consume it. She said it makes her sick and she uses butter in her coffee. Not just any old butter but I think the name is Kerry Gold. Heather is this right name?

I have never seen that butter.

So you are on Induction? When did you start?
I too did not want to die. Reading me I am sure you already know my Story.
We would love to hear your Story, if you can and want to share it with us.

marylouise
Old 12-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Gosh you are not intruding! NO not at all......

The food I used and use for Induction are:
Meat
Eggs
Cheese
5 to 7 green olives.

I do try to get that half cup of salad green but I am a bad girl about doing it daily.

That list was in mags in the late 60's and early 70's. Also I do remember seeing him on t.v. talking about his WOE.

The list is a good way to get into the fat burning mode faster, for me, and others but maybe not all. Covering all my thoughts.....

have you already started 72 Induction?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. the butter is kerry gold. Its better quality but any butter will work. Kerry gold is imported and pricey. We use it when we have people over for dinner but use regular sweet cream butter everyday. Salted I am doing well on plan. Was 166.1 today so well within my window. So excited tto see how it goes for you ML. Welcome to iwant2truelylive!!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

I have just started today. I have tried only a few things. It really just dawned on me that I'm a fat girl! Maybe its how I carry my weight, maybe because every man in my life has borderline worshipped me and my body. But after 4 kids, relationship going through it, health problems, etc. I looked in the mirror and just wanted to cry. I am so upset that I'm almost 30 years old and I've spent a bulk of my life fat, unhealthy, and never fully or truly satisfied. Its time to live .. to TRULY live! .... and I would love to drop as much as possible before January 1st. (My 29th birthday) ... but either way, today is the first day of the rest of my life
Old 12-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

I have never even exercised! ... I am larger now than after giving birth and I have 4 children! 1 c section
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
I have never even exercised! ... I am larger now than after giving birth and I have 4 children! 1 c section

I lost 90 pounds and did not exercise!
It can be done.
Even though I have lots more to lose I find myself running up stairs and walking briskly....just for the heck of it.
I would not worry about the exercise right now just concentrate on eating clean.

Having babies is so hard on your body!
And then after that you have 4 little ones to look after!
You hardly have time to catch your breath or give yourself a little attention!
The thing I have noticed is that the more low carb I eat the more energy I have and jobs that seemed so energy zapping are so much easer to get done now!
Nice to meet you!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Heather it is not his home he is going home to. It is Linda's
Oh Dear,
That is a wonderfully kind thing to do!
Not permanently I hope.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Well Jan. 1 is pretty close and I am sure you can get to that burning mode by not putting any sugar and or carbs into your mouth. Your youth is your best helpmate. That and these great buds will get you on your road to success!!!

Do you have any Atkins books?
The DADR and the DANDR are two must reads.

And by being true to yourself, you can lose a lot by January 1,, 2013

Lets turn on the FIRE!!!!!

Bring on the meat, eggs and cheese~
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

ML
Thanks so much for the list I am going to do this!
But not until after the Christmas break.
I will stick to my usual Low Carb WOE.

I was wondering when you are doing 72 are you very strict about no vegetables other than salad greens. That is going to be the hardest part for me.
Also what about cream or cream cheese?
I can live with out these but would prefer not to
When I was really losing I did not have cream or cream cheese.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post

I lost 90 pounds and did not exercise!
It can be done.
Even though I have lots more to lose I find myself running up stairs and walking briskly....just for the heck of it.
I would not worry about the exercise right now just concentrate on eating clean.

Having babies is so hard on your body!
And then after that you have 4 little ones to look after!
You hardly have time to catch your breath or give yourself a little attention!
The thing I have noticed is that the more low carb I eat the more energy I have and jobs that seemed so energy zapping are so much easer to get done now!
Nice to meet you!
You are so 100% right!!!!!
Swimming year before this was the only movement I got. Some think it can slow weight loss because of the muscle mass weighing more than fluff!

Feels great don't it Heather! ..

Last edited by marylouise; 12-18-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have just started today. I have tried only a few things. It really just dawned on me that I'm a fat girl! Maybe its how I carry my weight, maybe because every man in my life has borderline worshipped me and my body. But after 4 kids, relationship going through it, health problems, etc. I looked in the mirror and just wanted to cry. I am so upset that I'm almost 30 years old and I've spent a bulk of my life fat, unhealthy, and never fully or truly satisfied. Its time to live .. to TRULY live! .... and I would love to drop as much as possible before January 1st. (My 29th birthday) ... but either way, today is the first day of the rest of my life

My sister and brother were both born on January 1st!!!!!
They are twins.
I am sure you can be well on your way by then!!!!!

I hate mirrors and avoid them at all costs!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Coconut oil is a recent band wagon and was not in the Atkins plan.
Putting cream in coffee is fine but there is no need to put butter/CO in it.
This can slow losses and even help you gain as you come closer to goal.

Some are fine w it but just be aware.

3-4 T daily is a medicinal dose of CO and that amt is not necessary and as long as you have some fat in your diet there is no need to add any more it is your preference.
If you follow the basic Atkins plan, you should be fine. There have been many w great success.

Sorry, you guys, but this should be clarified.

Love you all.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
You are so 100% right!!!!!
Swimming year before this was the only movement I got. Some think it can slow weight loss because of the muscle mass weighing more than fluff!

Feels great don't it Heather! ..

Yes it does feel wonderful.
Like starting life all over again.......feeling like you could skip your way through it now!!!!!!!!
Like a 100 pound burden has been removed from your shoulders.