Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I just have a minute.We are moving today It will take close to 4 hrs to get there so we will leave early
Jem,I have a home in North Ga(Dahlonega) about 70 miles north of Atlanta in the mountains.Love it up there.Check it out on the web.It was the site of first major gold rush in the US.We are not home very often but we just spent 3 months there when Dh was laid off.Dh works on the Pipelines(surveyor)and we travel all over in a 42 ft Fifth wheel.It has 3 slides and is huge.It's a toy hauler and we have a big motorcycle in the back. Home away from home. I have 2 dogs AND a cat that travel with us
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Sounds exciting Harley! At least you get to spend time with your DH and travel at he same time I think texas has been the only place that I have travelled to that I didn't like as much as Florida LOL. The sandhills area of North Carolina is about the same as florida too so no planning on visiting either of those again we have some of the prettiest beaches on the west coast of Florida but I am not exactly rushing to get into a bikini anytime soon and I am afraid of sharks ever since they started shark week on tv so I will only swim in pools now .
Old 12-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i want to understand the calorie thing..if my depress state kicks in i get hungry n just want food, but why does it still if low carb= weight.... i've lowered alot but just wonder at 2000-2500 why does it cause gain.. when unlimited meat eggs
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
i want to understand the calorie thing..if my depress state kicks in i get hungry n just want food, but why does it still if low carb= weight.... i've lowered alot but just wonder at 2000-2500 why does it cause gain.. when unlimited meat eggs
Some people need to watch carbs and calories. It just depends on things like your age, if you have low carbed off and on. Some people lose without counting calories at all. If you are hungry alot there might be a reason for it. Are you excersicing? Cardio makes me way too hungry and I usually gain weight. Also if your sitting around a house all day bored you could be eating from boredom. I eat alot more on my days off from work than I do any other days.
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Harley, soon as you said Dahlonega, I flashed on gold.
I grew up in Atlanta but haven't been there in forever. Last time it was just too big to bother with and I no longer knew anyone.

The last house I lived in (until I ran away to NYC) was in front on Piedmont Park and The Allman Bros played on weekends on some makeshift stage....that was before they became well known.

Growing up in the south leaves some happy memories, although, not necessarily the home life....but the climate is so conducive to being outside so great adventures were had.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Natosha, if you are the same person and I remember correctly, you are already thin so it makes sense that high food intake may cause a gain.

Even peop who are not so thin can gain on too much LC food.

There was a study during the last year comparing various diets. Peop who were in the LC group were able to eat an average of 300 cals more and still lose....that's not a ton.

Also must take into consideration size. If you are a tall person your needs will be different than someone short.
Of course, that is a general statement and there are some individual differences.

AND there is the subject of how wrecked your metabolism is........
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Merry Christmas everybody This is the first time in my life that I haven't been with any family for Christmas other than my Dh.I'm kinda skipping it this yearWe are going out to eat at the only place around here thats open (Denny's) and will give the waitress a good tip My DD3 called me last night.She's in Fl and is pretty much homeless I would love to help her but she's not ready. I am going to wire her some money and Dh say's she will probably buy drugs but it's Christmas and she's still my little girl(37)and I can't NOT send her somethingShe says she not taking drugs but she knows that's what I want to hear.I pray that one day she will want to change
Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Hope your Dennys was good harley! We have been dealing with my sister and this for the past 11-12 years, many people have enabled her and I'm included on that list. I buy her stuff now. I never give her money anymore and really try to talk to her as little as possible. My mom moved away to remove herself from the situation finally after years of taking care of her. Its hard when you love someone but I don't think my sister will ever grow up and she had no reason to while everyone was taking care of her. Even now she still has a few people who make life easy for her. Just talking about her makes me mad. Just know that your not alone with it Harley it is all too common now.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks,Shanan I hope you and yours had a WONDERFUL Christmas! We found a Chinese restaurant that was open yesterday for lunch and then we weren't hungry for dinner so Dh had grilled cheese sandwiches and I had a bowl of cereal Not LC but I'll be back on it today The scale says I've only gained 1 lb but it's a different scale than home so who knowsI haven't even been trying to do good
We are going to Roswell,NM today to check it out.There where all the "Aliens"have been seen! I hope I see one
Old 12-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

if you see an alien let us know Harley!
I made my white cake and didn't even try a piece! I tasted the frosting when I made it and it was awfully sweet. I didn't have any of the desserts they had. The worst thing I ate yesterday was leftover chili so beans in that and mashed potatoes and gravy. I didn't even finish that though. Oops forgot I did havve pancakes with my breakfast so that wasn't good lol. I am loading for round 2 of HCG so I was allowed to eat whatever but im loading today too. I had 3 donuts and some dunkan donuts coffee with a ton of cream. I plan on trying to work in some of the goodies around the house tody since I wont be eating any fat or carbs for awhile. I really want pad thai but doubt that will happen today
my bf go me a tablet for christmas so after work I will be playing with that today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-24_18-22-36_69.jpg (36.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-12-25_09-02-00_304.jpg (40.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-12-24_18-22-50_648.jpg (30.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi all, we went out to eat as well, frist time in 27 years. Next year back to cooking. Actually BIL loved going out. We had Thai food, and the place was packed. I am surprised how many eople eat out on Christmas and Thanksgiving. I never relly thought about it as I am preparing food for three days and cleaning up for two.

Hi Notasha, I don't think we have met, but welcome to a fantastic group. I agree with Shanan about the food intake. I too eat from stress and sadness so can relate. If you stick to the original 72 plan you will lose, otherwise I have seen here and on another site I used to belong to that you do have to watch calories with Atkins. Good luck and keep us posted. Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Cardio makes me hungry too. I just read that you are already thin. How much do you want to lose before maintenance?

Shanan, wow I guess we all have someone in the family like your sister. BIL is our "BABY". He has been enabled all his life and never been on his own. Of course now is a different situation but his immature attitude and inappropriate behavior is getting to us really fast. I have to ignore a lot.DH gets frustratedand mad. He now wants to live with us even though DH has remodeled FIL house, or working on it daily. It's a hard call because I have a soft heart and fierce loyalty to family so we will see. He always blames everyone else for his actions. He drove the hospital and nursing facility nuts and that's why he came home early. I had almost daily calls from the nursing facility about his whinning behavior etc. And by the way he is not mentally challenged. Just spoiled and enabled. But I promised FIL on his last day on earth that I would always take care of BIL and I will. That was his biggest worry.

Harley, would love to visit NM. Hope the aliens are friendly.

Heather just read your last post. We had Thai for Christmas dinner, and pad thai was one of the dishes. I can't eat really hot hot food but the mild seemed spicy enough for us all. BIL caregiver is from the Phillipines and ate Thai food for the first time and loved it. Is that Chuey in the pics?

Linda

Last edited by Lindaboca; 12-26-2012 at 08:55 AM..
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
if you see an alien let us know Harley!
I made my white cake and didn't even try a piece! I tasted the frosting when I made it and it was awfully sweet. I didn't have any of the desserts they had. The worst thing I ate yesterday was leftover chili so beans in that and mashed potatoes and gravy. I didn't even finish that though. Oops forgot I did havve pancakes with my breakfast so that wasn't good lol. I am loading for round 2 of HCG so I was allowed to eat whatever but im loading today too. I had 3 donuts and some dunkan donuts coffee with a ton of cream. I plan on trying to work in some of the goodies around the house tody since I wont be eating any fat or carbs for awhile. I really want pad thai but doubt that will happen today
my bf go me a tablet for christmas so after work I will be playing with that today.
Shanan thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us!!
Did Chewy like his antlers?
Your kids are beautiful!
I even love your floor!
And ya'lls tree!

Lucky you with the new tech toy tool!!!!!

I hope you get the pad thai, even if I don't know what that is.

i ate off plan
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Oh dear, ML
I sure hope you are ok.
you got to eat some fat if you don't have meat!!!!
Have you got eggs?
How about a boiled egg with a little butter?
That may help your bs.
I must confess I know nothing about Blood sugar.
Hi everyone
The shaking continued for the rest of the night and then it stopped. D. called the earthquake people. They said no report of shaking. At least it has stopped.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.
And I did eat off plan. Very small servings. But I'm sure I gained. I am going to wait a day or two before I weigh. It would be too depressing to see a big change in the scales.

We had a unheard of Blizzard late night!
I always wondered what a Blizzard felt like. Well I felt it enough. It can go away now. We have a few inches of snow and it did try to turn into ice. Roads clear now!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh DS#2 gave us a huge ham and 2 steaks!!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Lol I don't know where to start! yes Linda that is Chewy and if I have learned anything from my sister's behavior it is that enabling just makes it worse.. even without any drugs at all she was always like that... poor me and everything in her life that's wrong is everyone elses fault. Its weird because my brother and I are hard working normal people. Its like every generation in my family lol. My real dad is like that too. Hence the no child support while I was growing up.. he always had women taking care of him he is charming. But a horrible father as far as financial support goes. My moms youngest 2 half brothers are both like that too. And my dad has a daughter by his first wife who is the same. Maybe its hereditary? We were raised pretty much the same way (me and my sister and brother) but she was always whiny as a child. She's. Six years younger and always got on my nerves growing up.
anyway I don't think she will suddenly change.
ML thanks! Our house is a rental and I didn't chose the floor but I guess I picked the house so?
Lol dd was trying to get me to change the tree this year she has some friends who just do white lights and color coordinated bulbs and she was saying my colored lights were tacky, I told her I think they are much more cheerful than white ones so too bad! The ornaments have been added on slowly oer the years so I like them I was kindof sorry I didn't get a real tree after I saw my bf's moms tree this year but I always thought they were too much trouble and I just bought the new prelit tree last year and it is so much easier to not have to string lights! The pad thai is a Thai noodle dish its kindof peanut butter flavored and I like chicken in it. My sons name is actually Thai . My ex hus. Mom is from Thailand. I am so glad to hear you got some meat ML! Yay!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Here's the tree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-25_06-24-35_800.jpg (23.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Y'all are still partyin', I just know it!!

Not me...my pants feel a bit snug and I just feel, ugh.

So I will utter the words; Fat Fast!!

Anyone else ready to take the plunge to get back to business?

My feelings will not be hurt if you wait until after NY BUT even if I drink on NY eve, I will still have the 3-5 day FF under my belt!!

Tempted?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Tell me Jem, What will you be eating on your FF?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

I start p2 tomorrow so I will be eating chicken breast morsels and veggies... and egg whites lol
Old 12-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have a list of things that include HWC, cream cheese, sour cream, butter......puddings, custard, clouds (of course), egg nog.

Today I had a latte made w diluted cream and 4 slices bacon a few hours later.

I also will include some PB, avocado and broth.

I can't afford macadamia nuts right now so if I want nuts will have some walnuts since they are pretty high in fat.

AND I have some shiritake noodles for a quick alfredo if I need it.

I do not plan to add protein such as the 1/4 c tuna/chicken unless I really need it; I will save it for when I jump to the modified version.
Don't know when that will be.....I'd like to do a few days of strict FF but I will be working Fri and Sat so do not want to feel week so will play it by ear.

I am not at all trying to cut out sweets so stevia is still in the picture and if I need a 'float' I will have it.....I am not a saint.

It's a dare!! I could use the company but will go it alone if necessary....whining.....

Last edited by jem51; 12-26-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shanan, it is funny that the longest FF challenge lives on the hcg forum. Except for a long one in 2008 ish.

I mean, really, you'd be hard pressed to find it on the Atkins forum!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Jem yeah alot of them use ff as corrections.

Today is my first day after my mega loading im at 172.5 this am. I got down to 165.9 last time and stayed within the 2lb window until last week when I sampled too many holiday treats so I went into loading around 170. I am excited to get going again.
Hope you all are good! Where's Heather?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Salad Spinner
If I may jump in here...I didn't go off plan but I did eat to much for sure! and I only drink once a month, one or two shots of vodka but I've had more then that in the last 48 hours! lol so I'm planning a ff as well. I knew I'd partake in extra calories so about two weeks ago I started what I call 'my' IF which is to only eat supper about 5/6pm and not a crazy amount, (I also usually drink 3, 6 to 8 oz cups of unsweetened almond milk during the day) not that you want a crazy amount after fasting like that. It seems easier for me to do the ff if I approach it this way. Good luck to everyone!
Salad Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shanan,good luck with your second round! I will start back on VLC today.I was going to start yesterday but Dh was still off and we were running around and HAD to eat lunch out I also bought a can of popcorn at WM and had some caramel popcorn I can do much better when I'm by myself.I bought a Nu-Wave oven and I'm going to cook some turkey legs today.I may have a little steak for dinner
Old 12-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

The drops are working fine and I have not been hungry so far so that's good that was my main worry. People get bad batches sometimes or don't load properly then they are hungry and go off plan. So I am glad mine are working correctly!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vcesljarev
Stats: 262/228/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 26,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Merry Christmas everybody This is the first time in my life that I haven't been with any family for Christmas other than my Dh.I'm kinda skipping it this yearWe are going out to eat at the only place around here thats open (Denny's) and will give the waitress a good tip My DD3 called me last night.She's in Fl and is pretty much homeless I would love to help her but she's not ready. I am going to wire her some money and Dh say's she will probably buy drugs but it's Christmas and she's still my little girl(37)and I can't NOT send her somethingShe says she not taking drugs but she knows that's what I want to hear.I pray that one day she will want to change
sorry to hear that, Merry Christmas
vcesljarev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF day 2 done. My fat was 83% yesterday and 87 today. Carbs yesterday, single digit and 12 today due to the c of cauliflower I ate w alfredo sauce.

I had a brief period of nausea today and figure my liver has dumped excess glycogen and not giving me so much when BG is low....just my theory.
I will check BG tomorrow....if I remember.

I have to be at work at noon tomorrow and will take w me an avo, a FF serving of tuna and maybe some cauli/alfredo (purchased sauce so need to use it).
Mayo will be available at work and maybe sour cream so don't think I'll have a shortage.

Hope you are all well.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #148
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 208/208/???
WOE: HCG by the book
Start Date: which time??
tip toe tippy toes
(Soonie sneaking back into thread)
DIO U MISS ME?? HUH HUH !!!
havent posted much since I lost my job out at the base. Been really busy with the new stolre (can it be called new at 8 months??)
finished the semster with 1B and 2 C's, I'm finally a senior!!
havent dieted since NOV plan on starting either DADR or MEC Jan 1
Thats about it for now
TTFN
Soonie
soontobesexy'ntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Salad Spinner
ML ~ I am new to participating in the forums so forgive my tardiness. 'SR' was 'Smoky Robinson' video. In my own head I knew what I meant, lol. I think you may have me mistaken for another poster because I don't really post anywhere but have decided that since I have been successful for so long its time for me to do the ole' 'pay forward' thing. I did post a few times at another site, begins with letter a, but they were responces to rediculas issues on those boards. Anywho, I love your stick to it ness and your quest to figure it all out!
Salad Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The new year is about to begin and I predict an influx of newbies which is always fun.

I was just thinking about all the things that have come and gone in the LC world and this one popped up; Mock danish.

Must be ten years ago that this was probably the most popular breakfast (besides the basic meat and eggs) on the forums.
I don't know why it fell out of fashion but is similiar to mug muffins, etc except that is less ingredients.

I'm bringing it back to my favs and it will be easy to prepare at work, which is important.