Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
harley g-ma

Are you going to be a part from your DH during the holidays?!
Wow, 140 miles is a long drive!!!!
I hope you have good luck finding a place closer!

Well, my youngest is 12 but it is my 21 year old son has so much Christmas sprit!
He takes after me. None of us want any particular gifts but we love giving something special to each other.

Slowly moving down is fantastic!!!!!!!!!
So much better than slowly moving up!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work Harley!!!!
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hi Heather and ML. Heather I am sorry your mom had a bad day it must be hard to see her like that.

ML. Love hearing your stories too! How did your moms mom die of the black lung when she was 16? Was she a coal miner? Wow what an interesting life your mama lived!

Linda and Cathleen. Hope you come back soon!

And to all of the newbies, keep posting! We would love to hear from you.
ML and Heather we are pretty sure Chewy found or caught it out by the wooded fenceline and brought it in thinking it was a toy. Just very creepy knowing he was wandering around with it. Would rather him kill them than go in my yard though!
Lol yes I was cleaning Heather!
NO her mama had the chore of bringing coal inside for the fire. The used it to heat and cook with. Thats the only thing that could have happened to her. Mama said she didnt know what black lung was and why her mama died. After mama died it was on the news one day. They said the word Black Lung and I jumped off the couch!

I forgot to tell yall what they used to buried mamas thumb in. Yep, the snuff box....
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Morning everyone! Dh is off now until after Christmas and we are going to New Mexico to see if they have any sites available at a campground there.It would be so much better,it's a REAL campground with wi-fi and everythingThe problem is there are SOOOOOOO many workers here It would only be about 50 miles from work instead of 140!
Shanan,your rat story is funny and gross!The exact same thing happened to my Dd1 and she also has a doggie door! I'm so happy that you are maintaining That's wonderfulAre your kids excited about Christmas?
Linda,it sounds like your life is finally calming down some I hope you have a wonderful PEACEFUL Christmas
Heather, I think you have young children too,don't you? I enjoyed Christmas so much more when you could see it through their eyes
Ml,are you starting a new plan right before Christmas? I know you always do good,you are one strong lady! I will be starting on strict induction AFTER Christmas with some of you also I'm not doing bad now just not really on any special plan just eating less and the scale is SLOWLY moving down At least it is going in the right direction I should be able to post more now that Dh is off
Harley glad too hear you will be able to get on more often! I hope the new campsite has room! My son just turned 8 last weekend and he is excited my daughter is 16 and is starting to enjoy giving to others more than her actual presents now plus she likes helping me hide stuff losing is always good!
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Interesting and creative ML!!!!
I have never heard of anyone doing this!
I am stuck on my butter in my coffee though
Perhaps I will give it a try!
The JEM brand was a little heavy. Yesterday I got a different brand. Much lighter and very good in a cup of hot coffee. The CO costs sooo much money I may just stop using it. I wonder is consuming the olive oil will help clean my tubes better than the coconut oil.....Jem what do you think?? I do cook with both products.....

Heather I may just try butter to see what it is like in a mug of coffee. Fat burns FAT!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Harley glad too hear you will be able to get on more often! I hope the new campsite has room! My son just turned 8 last weekend and he is excited my daughter is 16 and is starting to enjoy giving to others more than her actual presents now plus she likes helping me hide stuff losing is always good!
OH yea LOSING is always very good!!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Oh I forgot!!!!
Today is the end of the world!!!!!
Hmmm what has changed!
The date
Old 12-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
i believe i was too tempted by what others around me were eating. One blessing has occurred. I no longer have the CAPACITY to eat as much quantity as in the past. I have monitored myself to back off when i feel full. This is a gift of the Gods, and i am grateful. I am doing ATKINS 72 beginning Dec 26, until retirement 2/15/13, then slowly segue-ing back to more salads and veggies.I hope the 7-8 week plan will help jump start some serious weightloss, as portion control will be a significant part of the equation. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
ff it's great to see you here!

I still haven't really found a reason for my overeating. I like to eat. I hope I do because to me it is an important step to healing our minds as well as our bodies. Ya'll know the old saying. Food is the way to a man's heart. Mamaw was the perfect cook. She could make different pastries too. Scones and things like that. And as I have said food killed her.am almost as old as she was when she died. Her last year it was discovered she was diabetic.

My stomach has shrunk too! But we can easily re-stretch it back to it's former size.

Atkins 72` will have cause a rapid weight loss.

And from what I have read hwc can be added back after the 2 week induction. And if the burning of stored fat stops to stop the cream. Waiting the 2 weeks again and try to add a smaller amount back.
But when I follow the list of foods on that 68 , I melt faster!

FF have you lost anymore since we last talked.......

I'm starting the 26th too!!

meat
eggs
cheese
7 green olives will be my food.....
Plus clean oil!

LEAN MEAN FAT BURNING MACHINE

Last edited by marylouise; 12-22-2012 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: added thought...............................................................
Old 12-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi everyone. Didn't know this existed until today. Sorry.

Wow butter and EVOO in coffee. Food for thought and maybe I will try it. Still have Nutiva every morning in my coffee

I have to go for blood tests as well. One thing that never got better was my cholesterol, in fact it went higher in number and i had to increase my meds. I thought avacado was your new friend ML. I even googled it like you told me to. Well you know how sensitive our metabolisms are and we have old age diseases!!! Oh the Golden Years.

Linda
Linda I'm sorry. I thought you knew. I have been very busy.

The avocado still is my new friend. But I can not eat it alone. It does spike my blood sugar. Remember that nany and everyone saying pour on the oil and butter. Well I'm thinking this will be a food I add to salads and such. Or just eat them with a meal period. Shanan can eat them as is, I can't.

Everyone is different. Thats what makes us all so special!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
ML, your memory will last forever btw LC and fat!!

In the southern Mediterranean, (think Greece), they grow olives and olive oil is used for most everything including desserts.
Not only is it a condiment at the table for dipping and pouring but also used for cooking/sauteeing/searing w/o the worry of temp.

Those peop have high rate of longevity and sharpness.

Just food for thought.

That said, if you or family have Costco membership, a big jar of Nutiva is $21.

I probably use EVOO the most then CO. Butter is last even though I believe it is one of the most healthy fats.
Problem is if I don't use it pretty quick, it starts to taste like the stuff in the fridge all mixed together.

I initally thought that you were going by the prebook list but I think it allows some cream, right?
I never realized that ANY Atkins protocol did not allow cream!!
Cream is Atkins!!
How did I miss that? I have the old hardcover......

I dont know how you missed it. At this moment I really can not remember if it is on the 68 list. But he does say during induction if weight loss stops to stop the cream and try again later.

I will try to find time to look at my notes and find page and year book it is in. As the years passed he did re-visit some of his previous thoughts.

Hey Jem have you read that nany? They wrote it after Dr. Atkins died... DO you know the one I am referring to??

Old 12-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Linda I'm sorry. I thought you knew. I have been very busy.

The avocado still is my new friend. But I can not eat it alone. It does spike my blood sugar. Remember that nany and everyone saying pour on the oil and butter. Well I'm thinking this will be a food I add to salads and such. Or just eat them with a meal period. Shanan can eat them as is, I can't.

Everyone is different. Thats what makes us all so special!!!!
Lol I took 2 avacados to work for lunch today and they were bad! Awful taste!
at least I got finished at work semi early today now I am going to target to get some last minute gifts for the bf family and stocking stuffers. Chewy has a stocking too and raindeer antlers. Im going to try to get a picture on Christmas
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Morning everyone! Dh is off now until after Christmas and we are going to New Mexico to see if they have any sites available at a campground there.It would be so much better,it's a REAL campground with wi-fi and everythingThe problem is there are SOOOOOOO many workers here It would only be about 50 miles from work instead of 140!
Shanan,your rat story is funny and gross!The exact same thing happened to my Dd1 and she also has a doggie door! I'm so happy that you are maintaining That's wonderfulAre your kids excited about Christmas?
Linda,it sounds like your life is finally calming down some I hope you have a wonderful PEACEFUL Christmas
Heather, I think you have young children too,don't you? I enjoyed Christmas so much more when you could see it through their eyes
Ml,are you starting a new plan right before Christmas? I know you always do good,you are one strong lady! I will be starting on strict induction AFTER Christmas with some of you also I'm not doing bad now just not really on any special plan just eating less and the scale is SLOWLY moving down At least it is going in the right direction I should be able to post more now that Dh is off
Hey sweetie, I Wish You And Hubby A Peaceful Christmas..too!

New Mexico! WOW
Old 12-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CurlyGirly
Stats: 212/199.0/150
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Just wanted to say hello Mary Louise!! Hope you are doing well!
Johnna
CurlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Johnna!!! I'm doing GREAT!!!!

How about you? I see the kittie is still stuck in her box. I Love your picture. When I see you, you always put a smile on my face!!

Last edited by marylouise; 12-22-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Good newswe got in the campground in NM.We are moving the camper on TuesdayThey have wi-fi so I can talk to everyone more.I was really getting depressed staying here in this dusty dirt field!There wasn't anyone around here to even talk to made for a very long day.Dh will still have to leave early in the morning as NM is on mountain time and the job is in TX on central time but he will get home earlierAt least it will only be about 50 miles to his work now instead of 140! I can't believe how far it was and he has been doing it for two weeks!It was such a boring drive!Just desert with oil rigs!
Heather,I travel with Dh so we will be togetherWhere he goes I go
Ml,I love the stories about your Mom.My Mom had such great stories tooShe even got picked up once hitchhiking in Chicago when she was about 16 by Al Capone! Of course she didn't know it was him until later He told here she shouldn't be hitchhikingHis Mom lived there near my Mom.She left home at 15 from WV and traveled all over,somehow made it to NYC and an older couple took her under their wing,sent her to school to become a beautician and put her in their beauty shop.It must have been wild for a little country girl from the hills
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Thats great NEWS!!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good newswe got in the campground in NM.We are moving the camper on TuesdayThey have wi-fi so I can talk to everyone more.I was really getting depressed staying here in this dusty dirt field!There wasn't anyone around here to even talk to made for a very long day.Dh will still have to leave early in the morning as NM is on mountain time and the job is in TX on central time but he will get home earlierAt least it will only be about 50 miles to his work now instead of 140! I can't believe how far it was and he has been doing it for two weeks!It was such a boring drive!Just desert with oil rigs!
Ml,I love the stories about your Mom.My Mom had such great stories tooShe even got picked up once hitchhiking in Chicago when she was about 16 by Al Capone! Of course she didn't know it was him until later He told here she shouldn't be hitchhikingHis Mom lived there near my Mom.She left home at 15 from WV and traveled all over,somehow made it to NYC and an older couple took her under their wing,sent her to school to become a beautician and put her in their beauty shop.It must have been wild for a little country girl from the hills

Al Capone!!! GOSH!!! Thats way cool!!!! Boy I bet she did have a fun youth!!! Sounds like it! WoW 16. Alone...She lucky too!! I married my H when he was 16. I was 18 43 yrs later and going strong! You joined LCF on my H.'s birthday! Did your mom go back home again??
Old 12-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Wow, Al Capone!! He died in 1947....how old was he at the time of their meeting.

The place in NM sounds great. How long will you be there? Is it near a town/city?
No matter what, it'll be better than where you were.

ML, how high did your BG go w the avo? Did you do a pre eat test so you know the actual spike?
Just curious.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Jem my fingers are cracked open and it hurts so bad. Happens every winter!I made a Lemon Ice Box pie today for D and it didn't help a bit. I have New Skin on 6 out of 12. LOL

I shake. When my bs goes down from going up I shake. Tested it tons of times and this is the way it does. I use to think I started shaking because it was going up and last year I discovered it does it when it has gone up and then is coming back down.

I have not ate anything to cause it to go high enough to need insulin but once in 2011. I ate Kentucky fried chicken thinking I could eat off plan one more time and boy was I dumb!

The avocado has not caused a problem before. It happened because I ate it without any other food. Straight in and down. Bamm Bamm! I will not be doing that again anytime soon.

Christmas is almost here. I make Jesus's Birthday Cake tomorrow. My 2 grand daughters helped me decorate it last year. One is sick today and I think the other already has a full day planned for her.
Going to make 2 or 3 batches of buttermilk candy and make a sweet pot. casserole, with marshmallows. Whew I dont want to fix any of it. UGH! Carbage!

Carbage! Carbage! Carbage! Carbage! Carbage!
GROSS! CARBAGE!!!!!

Jem how is your dog doing?? I remember several months ago you had a sick doggie. From deer bones? I'm sure I am not remembering correctly.

What are you cooking for Christmas?
I'm gluing my mouth together and closing off my nose with duck tape! I want get hungry then!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

oH me sorry..it went up 15 to 17 digits....

I'm laughing at myself so much i can't breathe! Thats bad when you get this tickled at ones on funny!!! Plus it was a unplanned funny too!
Crap I am also shaking right now! I have hardly ate today and I ate a A. bar treat! What a treat! I might as well give up. I will NOT go back on insulin. No I will not go back on a pill either!!!

Heather can I come and be one of your rabbits and eat your grass. Maybe it will not spike my BS!

I didn't want to say it but it is what it is- I am out of meat. And will be until after the first. I am the one that plans the month long menu. I knew it was going to happen because I bought that Carbage for my loved ones to get sick on!!!

Hard to keep from getting hungry without enough protein. But I will figure it out. I will not be bring it up and I will keep D full.

D just said what is that vibration? I said I thought I have been shaking quakin inside all afternoon! He says he feels it too!
He just went outside. The shaking is getting worse. It is not my blood sugar...It is the ground....he just came back in. I think I will go now and have a panic attack....
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
oH me sorry..it went up 15 to 17 digits....

I'm laughing at myself so much i can't breathe! Thats bad when you get this tickled at ones on funny!!! Plus it was a unplanned funny too!
Crap I am also shaking right now! I have hardly ate today and I ate a A. bar treat! What a treat! I might as well give up. I will NOT go back on insulin. No I will not go back on a pill either!!!

Heather can I come and be one of your rabbits and eat your grass. Maybe it will not spike my BS!

I didn't want to say it but it is what it is- I am out of meat. And will be until after the first. I am the one that plans the month long menu. I knew it was going to happen because I bought that Carbage for my loved ones to get sick on!!!

Hard to keep from getting hungry without enough protein. But I will figure it out. I will not be bring it up and I will keep D full.

D just said what is that vibration? I said I thought I have been shaking quakin inside all afternoon! He says he feels it too!
He just went outside. The shaking is getting worse. It is not my blood sugar...It is the ground....he just came back in. I think I will go now and have a panic attack....
Oh dear, ML
I sure hope you are ok.
you got to eat some fat if you don't have meat!!!!
Have you got eggs?
How about a boiled egg with a little butter?
That may help your bs.
I must confess I know nothing about Blood sugar.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

This is good news indeed!!!!!!!
I can understand how being out there all alone would be depressing!!!!
So glad you have found a better place!!!!

You have interesting stories too!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Hi Heather, ML, Jem and Harley and Linda! Ml I hope your ok??
we had. Brunch at my bf's aunts house. It was very carby. There was some bacon but I couldn't eat too much since everyone else wanted it too. Ate way too many things im not supposed to. Wrapped presents early this morning and ds santa presents this afternoon. I am sick of wrapping but grateful I was able to get them all a good christmas I am making a cake tomorrow, it was the contest winner for Southern Living magazine and on the cover as the best white cake. I will for sure be eating it on Christmas! Luckily that is one of my loading days before my HCG round 2. I cannot wait to start working on losing the rest of this weight! Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML, maybe you can ask your kids for some deer meat for Xmas....otherwise, it's eggs.
Thank goodness for eggs.

I did see that in the '68 list it's black coffee/tea. Guess that goes right alon w the theory that the body will burn dietary first....makes sense.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ml,I hope you are feeling better That's terrible about your poor fingers too You can't be sick for Christmas
Is anyone doing anything special for Christmas Eve? My family always went to midnight mass when I was young and for the past few years I have gone to a night service at a different church with my Dd1's family.It was wonderful with carols and everyone had a candle and they turned the lights out and the pastor read about the birth of Jesus.It was really nice.They had so many people that they had to do it at three different times
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with friends and family and if you are by yourself,remember that there are people that care about you and love you even if you can't be with them right now
Old 12-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jem,I'm not sure how old Al C was at the time but he was nice to my Mom.Of course she was young and pretty
We are going to be in Carlsbad,NM and I'm not sure how long we will be there,probably until Feb sometime. There may be another job after this one in NM also so it may be longer As long as Dh is working I don't care He was laid off for 3 months and that's the part thats rough
Old 12-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

harley, that church service sounds like the one my daughter attends on Xmas eve, except she lives in WA.
They hold 3 services and last year they had to set up a screen outside and broadcast into the parking lot.
It's a wonderful service.

Do you and hubby own a home somewhere or is the RV your home?

When I was a travel RN, I met many nurses that made this a way of life and owned nice motorhomes. Really not a bad life. But, of course, we had our pick of where to go.

I probably missed it; what does the hubby do?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwant2trulyLIVE View Post
Hello I am new here and desperate to live for my children. I stumbled across ML's previous threads with "white dove" and saucier and Linda b .... it sort of felt like I was reading a soap opera, but I found it very uplifting. Good for you ML for always standing your ground and staying positive and uplifting on your journey and as you travel with others on theirs!
Iwant2trulyLive. I feel a real need to ask you a Q.

I'm sure you meant what you said in a good way, but I just must ask you anyway.
You said whitedov, saucier and Linda and I sort of felt like you were reading a soap opera. I'm sorry but I have never watched or read too many soap opera's. They bore me too greatly. Never found one worth my time.

I have to ask you a question. you also said you found it uplifting? Someone is confused. I must understand so I can explain it to someone. Can you help with understanding?

Thank you.

You said this too:
Good for you ML for always standing your ground and staying positive and uplifting on your journey and as you travel with others on theirs!

Those words were very kind.
Can you help someone understand the "Soap Opera term????
Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ml,I hope you are feeling better That's terrible about your poor fingers too You can't be sick for Christmas
Is anyone doing anything special for Christmas Eve? My family always went to midnight mass when I was young and for the past few years I have gone to a night service at a different church with my Dd1's family.It was wonderful with carols and everyone had a candle and they turned the lights out and the pastor read about the birth of Jesus.It was really nice.They had so many people that they had to do it at three different times
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with friends and family and if you are by yourself,remember that there are people that care about you and love you even if you can't be with them right now
That sounds very comforting.
Yes Harley I do feel a little good and a little bad.
We always do Christmas eve and lounge around, most every year since the boys are grown, on Christmas Day. I will be getting up early to do some cooking so good night everyone and Merry Christmas everyone!.....

Last edited by marylouise; 12-23-2012 at 09:22 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
ML, maybe you can ask your kids for some deer meat for Xmas....otherwise, it's eggs.
Thank goodness for eggs.

I did see that in the '68 list it's black coffee/tea. Guess that goes right along with the theory that the body will burn dietary first....makes sense.
Oh yea oldest brought back 4 and youngest gave us his Christmas ham from work. Fully cooked and delish!

Merry Christmas Jem
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND OUR GLOBE OF FRIENDS!!!!!

BE SAFE AND DON'T EAT TOO MUCH CARBAGE.
OH I DID TASTE THE LEMON ICE BOX PIE. I CAN MAKE ONE THAT WILL HAVE YOU BEGGING FOR MORE!
Kitty making your black bean cake too!!!!

Last edited by marylouise; 12-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: added thought^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^