Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
~~December 2012 Atkins '72 Thread~~

Lola's not doing it, so I guess I need to! May you LC'ers have a fabulous ending to 2012. I'm here rooting you on!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tussah
Stats: 283/242/140
WOE: No sugar or starch
Start Date: October, 2012
Overwhelmed newbie

Hello, I just found this forum today. Such a big world, I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I went on strict Atkins back around 1979/1980, and easily lost weight. I was down to a size 10 and looked and felt great. But I fell off the wagon, and couldn't convince myself to climb back on again. I realized that if I wasn't willing to make a lifetime commitment, then I was just wasting my time, so I held off making that commitment until I had to.

Well, after menopause and weight creep up to 283 pounds, I just wasn't comfortable in my body any more. I was concerned about my blood sugar, and frankly, I'm bored with the treats. Like a worn out alcoholic, while I am clearly addicted to the carbs, they just don't give me much pleasure any more.

So this time around, my commitment is to completely give up the sugar and starch. No grains, no potatoes, no rice, no beans, no sugar, and very little food that contains sugar. (so far, no fruit, but later on I may add a little bit of high fiber fruit in) Otherwise, cold turkey.

I think it's close enough to classic Atkins. I hope you will agree. I took the pledge on October 15th, and after 4 days, the cravings disappeared, and I felt a big lift of energy and sense of well being.

I have felt very well so far ever since, but it's a big change to my eating habits, because I've followed the mainstream for the past 10 years of eating a low fat, "healthy" diet, with plenty of moderation, etc., etc.

Because for me this is a permanent lifestyle change, I haven't been focusing so much on weight loss. My blood sugars are great, but I haven't gone out yet and bought any ketostix. I have a Wii balance board, and weigh in about every 2 weeks. At the last weigh-in, I was down about 11 pounds since the end of October, to around 272 pounds. I don't know where I'll settle, but Wii Fit says I should weigh around 140, so we'll see how it goes. I'm sure that once I'm under 200 I'll feel a lot better.

I seem able to satisfy my sweet tooth with a daily diet cola, and for a treat, I love kosher dill pickles. Subway has the most awesome Spicy Italian salad with chipotle southwest sauce on it that makes me very happy at lunchtime.

Otherwise, I put as little effort into food prep / eating / clean up as I can.

Luckily, my 17 yo daughter is very self sufficient in the kitchen and takes care of herself. She's got an excellent metabolism and will never have a weight problem, I'm sure.

I love Gary Taube's book, "Why we get fat", and the Tom Naughton documentary, "Fathead" for low carb Libertarians.

I was most worried about managing the low carb diet at work, where we are aswim with sweets and baked goods, but I was lucky. Only one co-worker kept trying to press cookies on me, even after I told her that I don't eat sugar or starch any more. When she said, "Oh, a little bit won't hurt you" I replied (in a nice tone of voice), "That's like telling an alcoholic that a little bit of beer won't hurt him." She took the point, and nobody has made a big deal of my eating eccentricity since then.

I think it helps that I'm phrasing it just as if I have a food allergy or a religious dietary restriction. I say, "I don't eat X", rather than "I can't eat X". and my co-workers seem to respect that.

Sorry for the long, long intro. I'm looking forward to making some friends here and cheering you all on with your own dietary/weight/health goals.
Tussah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Big Yapper!

Tussah! You sound like you're off to a great start! Things are a bit slow on this thread (which begins anew each month) but hang in there and "the others" will come out to play. I'm here but not doing Atkins at the moment. I have done it successfully a few times in my life but right now I just don't feel it's what I should be doing.

Hopefully Lola will chime in soon. If you get too lonely on this thread, I'd start a brand new thread in the main Atkins forum and just copy and paste your post into it. It's a great way to kick off a new thread and also to see who else wants to join in with you.

Best of luck, no matter where you decide to settle in!

I have come to the decision that there is no such thing as a destination.

My Journal.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi everybody

Cheryl- thanks for starting up the thread. I had no internet this weekend.
Tussah- looks like you have made a great start. I am on daily but when I have problems with internet...
At the moment I think a lot of people are taking a break. Generally everybody is back in January. I would be glad for some company as I want to stay on plan for December.

hope you all are having a great day. Cold here- must be global warming as we should now be in the middle of summer!
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome. I can imagine that December is a hard month to stay away from the sweets, so if there's anything I can do to provide support and encouragement, I will.

Although I'm moving down on the weight, I'm still higher than I was last year when I weighed in at the Doctor's, and my annual physical is tomorrow. He's a great doc and doesn't lecture, but I would still rather be lighter rather than heavier. Isn't that somewhat silly?

I have come to the conclusion that a "One size fits all" approach generally fits nobody very well, so I definitely think that each of us has to figure out what is best for ourselves. For me, it's easier to go cold turkey on certain foods than to try and manage moderation. I am so happy to not feel irrational "brain hunger" and irresistable impulses to eat as I used to.

A couple of weeks ago, I felt something that I don't think I have felt for several years -- my tummy was rumbling and it was a strong feeling of tummy wanting food. I was very happy that this form of hunger was not nearly as stressful and unpleasant to me as that old brain hunger that used to make me feel crazy to eat something. Does this sound weird?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Big Yapper!

What you're saying is understandable and true. Not in the least bit weird. We all feel the way you do about the scale and feel bad if we weigh more (or even close to) now than we did last year. I look back at doing dieting seriously for the past 3 years and it pains me that I have regained so much. I could have been at goal at least a year ago. But it's water under the bridge.

It's so important that we forgive ourselves and accept that we are human. And if we can manage to have a sense of humor about it all, that's even better!

Our heat wave has begun. Lola, sorry that it's feeling cold down there. We must have gotten flipped! It's in the 50's and near 60 degrees F here for the next few days. Wild! But nice and I'm not complaining. At all!

I woke up early and on my own this morning, long before my alarm was set to go off. I should have gotten right up and gotten busy but I've lounged around and now the sleepies are getting me again. It's almost 11 am. The day seems to have way too many hours in it when I wake at 7. I figure the longer I sleep, the less time I'll have to get into trouble. Makes eating less alot easier, too.

Have a great day, ladies. It may be December but it's the perfect time to show restraint.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/202/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: Nov 2012
I'm new too, and am doing Keto. This is as close as I could find to a keto topic.
At christmas parties, go for the crudite's and ranch dip. Also the meat and cheese cubes.
My tip for today is, when you are craving dessert, have some berries and cream. Use real, heavy cream. It really is amazing!!
CuttingOutCarbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

A low carb Christmas

Welcome! Like your suggestions for surviving holiday parties. I'm also making a point to not come to those sorts of events hungry, but to eat before the party, so it doesn't matter if there isn't anything much I can eat.

Last Friday one of our vendors hosted a luncheon for our company. They posted the menu ahead of time and the ONLY thing on the menu that wasn't high starch/high sugar was the chicken. So, I went out for lunch instead.

Since the family is coming to my house for Christmas this year, I can control the menu. I'm thinking that we'll have a goose for Christmas. I usually pick up some frozen hors doevres at Costco to heat up for others, but we'll certain have the cheese plate and other low carb treats. I really like toasted pecans, too.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
Big Yapper!

to another newbie! What would you like us to call you? Thanks for the ideas on navigating holiday parties. I think the veggie dip trays are also great. Usually the dips are legal and the veggies are plenty. I have no idea what a keto diet is. Isn't it like Atkins? How is it different?

A goose for Christmas? How nice! I've never eaten goose, if you can believe that. I've had "crispy duck" at a Chinese place but not sure if that's goose. It reminds me of that movie "A Christmas Story" where they all end up at a Chinese restaurant when the neighborhood dogs eat their turkey.

Mmm! Toasted Pecans sound great! Don't forget the veggie platter. (I sound like my Mother.)

It's really nice to see some action on this thread again. Thanks for coming out to play with us! We hope you stick around.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

I'm Lisa. Do raw veggies have more fiber in them than cooked ones?

For Thanksgiving, we had roasted brussel sprouts and onions with our turkey. Mmmm good! We had goose some years ago and it was delicious. On the downside, a goose doesn't feed as many people as turkey does. Love the goose fat!

Is the weather as snowy as it looks in your horses in the snow photo? Very Christmasy!

Today, I came back to work from a Dr. checkup and found that a lovely spicy chicken salad had been brought in for me from Pei Wei. I am so proud of myself that I didn't even feel regretful about finding somebody else to eat it in my stead.

I hope my strength of will continues. I reminded our admin that there's nothing on the Pei Wei menu that I will ever be able to eat. (I brought back a delicious spicy italian sald from Subway, though, so I didn't go hungry.) I am a little surprised that so many people don't already know that breaded chicken in a sweet & spicy sauce contains plenty of sugar and starch.

Oh well, I guess I'll eventually get the people in my sphere of influence trained up.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LeslieJG
Stats: 220/213/130
WOE: CAD
Start Date: January 2013
Hi All,
Thought I would join you. I have been a member forever but haven't been here in a while. I am doing super low carb trying to keep carbs as close to zero as possible. I have lost about 6 pounds so far since the day after Thanksgiving and plan to stay on track until Christmas then right back on. Anyway I am 41 and have 5 great kids and been married 20 years to my wonderful hubby. I am currently buddy dieting with my dear friend and him being a fella he has already lost 13-14 pounds (show off).

220/214/130
LeslieJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Big Yapper!

Another newbie to the thread! I can't believe my eyes. Welcome, everybody! I can't wait for Lola to come by so you have someone to share with (I'm not doing Atkins myself.) The horses aren't mine, Lisa. I just loved the photo I found online and chose to use it. I haven't got room for horses, nor money for horses. But I do volunteer at a Therapeutic riding center a few miles away and that has reignited my passion for horses that was long dormant. Now I'm a horse-loving fool. (And no! It doesn't look that snowy here yet. I hope it never gets that bad this winter. We deserve a break.)

I would have to say that raw veggies have far more fiber than cooked ones simply because cooking breaks down the fibers. I am thinking that's why they end up softer. Those brussels, onions and turkey sound perfect! You're making me very hungry.

Leslie, nice to have you here with us. You HAVE been a member forever! Only 27 posts? You best get busy, woman! I'm a blabberpus, as you can see from my details. Five kids must keep you busy! Congrats on a 20-year happy marriage. The guys always drop weight way faster. It just isn't fair.

I just got back from taking my dog Cisco for a walk. I believe a dog should go for a walk at least a few times a year. She was due. I am a good Mom in every other way but just never take her for routine walks. And rarely ever even sporadic ones. I keep saying I'll improve but she's not holding her breath. She loves me anyway. The feeling is mutual.

I'm pooped now so I'm going to chill out. Have a lovely evening, LC ladies. Be good and you will get to where you want to be.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lisa and Leslie and cuttingoutcarbage

I thought I would just pop in to see who is around and say that I may not post as I am in training from today until 12 December- all day sessions and not sure if I will have internet at night.
A lowcarb Christmas! yum. My husband is Angolan and htey have a traditional dish with codfish and potato with cream that we make at Christmas. It takes hours to make and then I feel as if I earned hte right to sample some after all that effort! Wrong thinking I know but what a process!
cheryl- I agree that it is time for a bit of restraint.
glad to see the forum picking up over the holidays. I really hope that there is internet at the venue.
Have a great day all.
Just had a protein shake for the whole day and starting to feel hungry.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
Big Yapper!

I hope they have internet at the venue, too! Otherwise I will have to keep these new ladies entertained. I feel like an imposter, Lola! Don't leave me to do this all alone. I'll just do the best I can. Ladies, please keep in mind I am not doing Atkins right now.

Have a superb day today, people. I'll be back later to check on things.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Hi!

Thanks for the welcome ladies!
I have a little dog also she is 6 years old and a bossy momma She thinks my kids are hers and keeps us in line. If they start getting rowdy (usually hubby starts it) she lays down the law. It is funny, I swear she is just about to start talking. We have moved to the country so she can go outside and play without a lead, but when we lived in town I used to try and take her for walks but she is Houdini dog and can even escape a chest harness in like 2 seconds flat. She is a Jack Russell mix. I saved her as a puppy from some crazy people who put down the whole litter and mom because of the mange. She was so tiny and bald so I had the mange with her because I had to cuddle her while she was so miserable, but we both recovered and now she is my shadow.

I am down 2 pounds today, that makes 8 total. Yeah.. Hoping for another 5 by Christmas. My first goal is just to be able to fit into my clothes again. I have had 3 babies in the last 4 years. My youngest is now a year old and instead of losing weight I gained 10 pounds.

Leslie
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #16
Big Yapper!

Oh! What a good heart you have, to nurse that puppy back to health when all of his family members were already given a death sentence. What is it like to have mange? I didn't realize people could catch that. Must be like a terrible case of eczema.

about the 2 lbs lost today! Are any of your children twins?

OMG, it's getting cold here tonight! Windy and there is a bite to the air. It's been mild but no more! I filled the bird feeders and I'll hang another feeder out with old bread. I like to put something out for everyone. Don't want anyone to go hungry.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Hello to everyone and welcome to the new people. Looks like you are doing well.
I haven't been here for a while but am still on plan. Right now, I am counting calories and trying to do it by eating healthy. I have been on LCF for a long time and pop in from time to time. Really appreciate all of the support and it really helps me stay motivated especially this time of year when temptation is everywhere.

Made lots of Christmas goodies for plates that I give away - carmel corn, cookies and candies. Had my husband taste and make sure everything was all right. I have a healthy dessert made for me, so I haven't really been tempted by those goodies which I am so thankful.

My goal is around 121 since I am 5' 1. Been trying to get there for quite a while, but know I will make it eventually.

Cheryl, I love feeding the birds, too. We haven't had any snow here and the temps most days are in the 50 - 60 range so the birds are still eating from the fields.

Lola, good luck with your training and hope everything goes well for youl

Hope all have a great day,
Hope
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #18
Big Yapper!

Hey, Hope! Nice to see you. I hope you find it easy to get to your goal weight and to maintain there. That would be hard for me, making all those goodies and not enjoying them afterward. What is your healthy treat going to be?

My sister (who passed in 1993) used to make those plates of cookies to give away at Christmas time, too. She'd make our favorite cookies and it was so nice. My favorite was those crescent cookies with walnuts in them, rolled in confectioners sugar. Ever try those? Yum! I remember she used to make those peanut butter ones that have a Hershey's Kiss in the middle, too. Good memories.

One year I helped my sister Donna make cookies. Now that you've got me thinking, I just texted her to see what she's doing today. I might offer to make cookies with her this month, so we can send them to her adult kids who live out of state. It's too much for her to do it alone so together we could make it happen. We'll see if I can keep this Christmas Spirit going long enough to suggest it to her.

See what you started?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Hi All,
CherylB, Mange in people is a red rash that itches... A LOT.. No twins just back to back pregnancies. Had our third in 08, our fourth in 09, and the baby in 2011.

Hopetolose, In my house we are baking all our goodies on Christmas Eve day. I have lots of helpers and we have to bribe Santa because sometimes it is just hard for the little ones to be good and we figure if we leave him the good stuff it just might pay off, so far it has worked

No loss to report today. Bummers..
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

hi everybody. no internet at the venue. but i am posting from my phone.
hi Hope - good to see you around and on plan.
cheryl- this is a really grotty place and cannot wait to get out of here. i have been so relaxed and not trying too hard on the food fro t. now i have been totally on plan since i got here on wednesday.
food is not great but i am making good choices so far.
hope you all are well. cannot wait for this to be over.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
Big Yapper!

I had to google "grotty" to find out what it meant. I had a feeling it was that but this is the first time I'd ever heard the word. I'm so sorry the venue is such a drag, Lola. Also sorry you have no internet other than your phone. Glad you can post and read our posts. That will be something to keep you from losing your mind while at the venue, right?

Leslie, sounds like Christmas Eve day is a very festive place at your house. Just picturing it makes me smile. Enjoy your little ones.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieJG View Post
Hi All,
Hopetolose, In my house we are baking all our goodies on Christmas Eve day. I have lots of helpers and we have to bribe Santa because sometimes it is just hard for the little ones to be good and we figure if we leave him the good stuff it just might pay off, so far it has worked

No loss to report today. Bummers..
Hello to everyone - Leslie, Lola, Cheryl

Sounds like a good plan, Leslie, making cookies on Christmas Eve. The little ones are so much fun and their eyes just sparkle with excitement this time of year. I don't have any little ones around and really miss that so enjoy while you can.

Cheryl, sounds like you are getting in the Christmas spirit. Sounds like that would be fun to make cookies with your sister. I used to make cookies with my sister back when our kids were young , but she lives too far away, now, so really miss that.
Yes, I have made those crescent cookies which just seem to melt in your mouth and have made the peanut butter kiss ones. Those are some of my favorites, so I haven't made them yet this year.

Lola, sounds like you are doing well with your food choices and staying on plan. It is tough this time of year.

Hope all have a wonderful day,
Hope
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Wow, Leslie, you're doing great! My week at work has been so crazy busy (in a good way) that this is my first chance to check back in. Lola, I hope all is going well with you. It is so hard to keep on track when you're away from home and not able to control your own food choices.

Everybody seems to be in full Christmas swing. I'm working on making some things to decorate our department tree at work. And I have to paint all my closet doors this weekend. What I really want to do is watch TV and knit, and practice the piano.

Dietwise, I'm very pleased with how well I'm feeling and in control. I have been hungry a few times, but haven't felt any irresistable brain cravings. I am really focusing on keeping things simple and just avoiding the sugar and starch.

I don't want to focus on the weight loss side of things, because I feel that I have a lot less control of that. I have no real way of knowing where my metabolism set point is that this point, but I know that menopause has been doing a real number on all my body.

It's a lot more motivating for me to focus on input, and feeling good, and then just enjoying whatever weight loss comes along. In any best case scenario, it's still going to take me years to get back to a weight where anybody could describe me as thin.

I have a question. I hear a lot of people talk about avoiding "processed foods". Does this have any sort of standard meaning, or does it just mean what the individual thinks it means? What does it mean to you? How does it (or does it) fit into your dietary plan?
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Labyrinth
Stats: 179/190/160
WOE: Atkins '72 (VLC)
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2012
Hey Y'all.
Welcome newbies.

i'm getting better with the eating. feeling better.
selling lots of stuff.

hope y'all are doing well.

Love & Light
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
Big Yapper!

Nice to see you, Donna! Good to hear things are moving along in a positive direction.

I'm not in the greatest of frames of mind for posting so I'll keep this short. I just wanted to answer the question about "processed foods." In my opinion, that would be anything that cames in a box or bag, ready to eat. If it has a "box top" on it (the kind that people cut out and hand in with their young kids at school for a kind of point system) would be a dead give-away. Basically, if you can just about eat it without any preparation on your part, it qualifies.

Depressing, isn't it?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everybody

got some internet going although it is a bit sporadic. I have been so good so far - apart from a beer in the evening on 3 days of the training. i would have gone crazy otherwise.
cheryl- glad you and your sister are getting some quality time.
Donna- yay! glad to see you regrouping.
hope - glad to see you back and in charge of your eating.
Leslie and Tussah- hope you are managing the temptations of the Christmas parties.
I am still at this awful venue - I will post more about my experiences here once I am home and comfortable. The good thing is that they cater the food and they separate the starches, veggie and meats. So I just eat the meat and veg and skip the pudding that follows.
They provide juice at every meal so I drink water as I find juice very difficult to drink.
The only cheat I have had are three beers; one for each difficult end of day just to relax- It was a light beer so even better for me.

I hope that the count down to the holidays is full of joy for all of you.
another 3 days here and I am back wiht my family.

Love you all and take care
Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #27
Big Yapper!

Lola, you're doing great on your plan while away! Be proud, girl. It's a testament to your dedication. Can't wait for you to be done with the venue and back home, too. 3 more days!!! I hope you are learning some very valuable things there. At least that will make it all worthwhile.

I haven't even mentioned my idea of cookie making to my sister yet. It never transformed from the idea to action phase. I was going to think about it some more before I opened my mouth to her. I am so impulsive that I'm usually wishing I hadn't spoken so quickly.

I hope all of you are having a lovely day. I have the farm again today and it is a carbon copy of Saturday. Mild temps and gloom. There will be fog and mist and mud. Nasty hooves and caked-on smelly mud to those who rolled (they all roll.) Grrrrrosss!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody!
Cheryl- you had me laughing- so much grossness- hope that you had a good time at the farm.
I am in a better space here- I am going home tomorrow so feeling good.
food is the right choices but I am not sure of the sauce over the chicken breast at lunch today. The chicken was cooked in the sauce but no way to avoid it.

I have not done any execise but hopefully I can resume once I get back home.
Cheryl- I am actually doing the training and also managing the content. I wrote the manual used in the training. Never mind that I only started on 26 November!
Miss chatting to you all.

have a great day everybody!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #29
Big Yapper!

I had no idea it was that kind of venue! Talk about hitting the ground running, Lola! I hope they're paying you what you're worth. I'm so glad you are finished and can come home tomorrow.

The horses were indeed gross again. I had a session of frustration at the farm. The woman who offered to teach me "long-lining" was there on Monday but not there the Monday before, when I came an hour early, expecting her. Long story short, it was an exercise in frustration. There was another girl in the arena with another horse and we were both just learning. It got quite congested. And there is so much to working with horses in that way. All the subtle signals and intentions you are communicating to the horse that aren't verbal. THEN all that you need to be doing with your hands and body and energy level. I felt like I was multitasking but very badly.

Please! Can I stick to mud and manure?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:29 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

hahaha - Cheryl- you had me laughing. I am glad that you are learning new skills as part of your volunteering.
I am back in the office today but as of tomorrow I will be working from home. It will be so good not to have to deal with traffic.

foodwise I am so glad I did not eat the junk and just stuck to acceptable LC foods. I am now down to 65.7kg! that is a loss of 3.3kg! in 8 days! that has really got my head straightened out.
Yesterday when I went back home hubby bought pizza but I just had two pieces of bacon off the pizza and a protein shake and went to bed to catch up on rest.
I've got my sister coming to spend Christmas with me and I cannot wait! I have really missed her all these years- 5.
Hope you all are having a good time adn the festivities are not too much.