Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
OK bac on. Yesterday DH finished FIL floor so the room s finished. Now putting back everything will be a challenge but the room looks great. First time painted in 50 years. Can you believe that some people live like that? We even got new light fixtures. DONE

Jem, hope the pup is better. I hope to add fruit one day. I miss it. Like it better than veggies.

Bridget, good luck with the truck. I am very fortunate that DH fixes everything Haven't had a car in the shop for 27 years. Lucky me. Stick with the plan. My Dr had a fir when I told him what I was doing. However I have been off diabetes meds for 7 months since losing the weight so something is working.

SL I don't tell ayone either about the plan. People are so judgmental and don't even know what the plan is all about. Thank goodness for this forum and the support we get here.

ML way to go on the weight loss and finding the perfect home. I knew it would happen soon.

Heather, sounds like you are on your way. Proud of you. How is your Mom. She is always in my prayers.

Cathleen, love the pic. Miss your posts. Hope is alright. Love and hugs for now.

Off to the laundry. I have a cal king bed and the comforter doesn't fit in my oversized washer. Once a month I have to do it in a laundromat. Fun Fun

Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Hi everybody

Linda we had one of those Cal. kings when we moved back, but sold it. That size is tooooo big. Even the sheets wore me out. I am sorry you lost your post again. If you will high light your words and right click to copy it will be in your mouse and you can paste it to a new post should you lose it again. Copy and paste. Ed can show you how. I am sure what I said probably will not make sense I'm not very good at explaining things.
Yes Linda climbing the ladder does work and you can eat fruit. One ounce is all I am allowing myself so far.

Shanan, I LOVE, LOVE this WOE!

Jem I did go for a walk. I cleaned up outside too! The weather here is getting wonderful!!!

Heather me here. Bunch of stuff going on. and weight going down!

Got some catching up to do.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Monday 9.24 UD

fat- 63.99
carbs- 7.22
sugar- 3.78
ncarb- 5.82
prot- 32.20
kcals- 746

carb- 4%
fat- 77%
prot- 19%

RDI- 57%

Shy on kcals! Weight- 163.8
Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Tuesday 9.25 DD

fat- 50.54
carb- 8.64
sugar- 2.15
ncarb- 4.64
prot- 20.91
kcals- 551

carb-6%
fat- 83%
prot- 11%

RDI- 42%

Great DD! Weight- 163.3
Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Wednesday 9.26 UD

fat- 86.21
carb- 15.96
sugar- 7.14
ncarb- 12.26
prot- 67.65
kcals- 1,134

carb-6%
fat- 68%
prot- 26%

RDI- 87%

Best supper to date Weight- 163.2 Slow but going down DOWN!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Are ya'll ready for this????

Weight today is 162.2
Old 09-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Thursday 9.27 DD

fat- 41,48
carb- 10.28
sugar- 3.00
ncarb- 7.28
prot-33.27
kcals- 594

carb- 7%
fat- 63%
prot- 30%

RDI- 46%

My today weight of 162.2 is a real REAL wake-up for me!
To me cutting kcals and protein is a wonderful thing I have done!!! I feel so great I want to climb a high mountain and SHOUT for the WORLD to hear!!!!

I AM 2.2 POUNDS FROM MY FIRST GOAL!!!! WOW!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Thursday 9.27 DD

fat- 41,48
carb- 10.28
sugar- 3.00
ncarb- 7.28
prot-33.27
kcals- 594

carb- 7%
fat- 63%
prot- 30%

RDI- 46%

My today weight of 162.2 is a real REAL wake-up for me!
To me cutting kcals and protein is a wonderful thing I have done!!! I feel so great I want to climb a high mountain and SHOUT for the WORLD to hear!!!!

I AM 2.2 POUNDS FROM MY FIRST GOAL!!!! WOW!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
WOW 162!!!!!!!!
That is wonderful!!!!!!

You are all most there!

My Mom is fighting an infection of some sort.
They are running some test.
Don't think it is anything to worry about but every little thing wipes her out.

Hope you are all doing well!
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
WOW 162!!!!!!!!
That is wonderful!!!!!!

You are all most there!

My Mom is fighting an infection of some sort.
They are running some test.
Don't think it is anything to worry about but every little thing wipes her out.

Hope you are all doing well!
Oh Heather I hope she gets well fast. I will keep her in my prayers.

YOU are losing too!!!!!!!!
YES it is WONDERFUL!!!! I feel fantastic!!!!!

Old 09-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh Heather I hope she gets well fast. I will keep her in my prayers.

YOU are losing too!!!!!!!!
YES it is WONDERFUL!!!! I feel fantastic!!!!!

I know it is fantastic!!!!
I will be tossing and turning in bed tonight. I am so excited to weigh in tomorrow morning.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I know it is fantastic!!!!
I will be tossing and turning in bed tonight. I am so excited to weigh in tomorrow morning.
I know exactly what you mean. The UD's are sooooooooooooooo wonderful that doing the DD's is a walk in the park for me!!!!!

And your woe is working for you! It don't get much better, does it!!!!!

I don't dread going to bed anymore. I find myself hoping bedtime will hurry so I can wake and weigh!!!!!
But I don't weigh till around 1 to 3...For some strange reason it is my lowest weight time?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and we don't toss and turn anymore, remember Mel?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Story at-a-glance

A two-year long French feeding study designed to evaluate the long-term health effects of a genetically engineered corn found that rats fed Monsanto’s maize developed massive breast tumors, kidney and liver damage, and other serious health problems. The major onslaught of diseases set in during the 13th month
Female rats that ate genetically engineered corn died 2-3 times more than controls, and more rapidly, while the male GE-fed rats had tumors that occurred up to a year-and-a-half earlier than rats not fed GE corn
According to results from a 10-year long feeding study on rats, mice, pigs and salmon, genetically engineered feed causes obesity, along with significant changes in the digestive system and major organs, including the liver, kidneys, pancreas, genitals and more
The EPA admits there’s “mounting evidence” that Monsanto’s insecticide-fighting YieldGard corn is losing its effectiveness in the Midwest. Last year, rootworms resistant to the toxin in the genetically designed corn infested fields in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Nebraska
Genetically engineered foods are responsible for development of resistant weeds and pests; increased pathogenic virulence; degradation of soil quality; reduced nutrient content in food; exponential rise in infertility and birth defects; and reduced crop yields, and more

It's a good thing we stopped eating corn products!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Story at-a-glance

A two-year long French feeding study designed to evaluate the long-term health effects of a genetically engineered corn found that rats fed Monsanto’s maize developed massive breast tumors, kidney and liver damage, and other serious health problems. The major onslaught of diseases set in during the 13th month
Female rats that ate genetically engineered corn died 2-3 times more than controls, and more rapidly, while the male GE-fed rats had tumors that occurred up to a year-and-a-half earlier than rats not fed GE corn
According to results from a 10-year long feeding study on rats, mice, pigs and salmon, genetically engineered feed causes obesity, along with significant changes in the digestive system and major organs, including the liver, kidneys, pancreas, genitals and more
The EPA admits there’s “mounting evidence” that Monsanto’s insecticide-fighting YieldGard corn is losing its effectiveness in the Midwest. Last year, rootworms resistant to the toxin in the genetically designed corn infested fields in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Nebraska
Genetically engineered foods are responsible for development of resistant weeds and pests; increased pathogenic virulence; degradation of soil quality; reduced nutrient content in food; exponential rise in infertility and birth defects; and reduced crop yields, and more

It's a good thing we stopped eating corn products!
Great information.
It kills me that the ones I love still eat corn.
My kids still eat it every once in a while.
My sister made corn bread for my Mom today.
She served it hot with butter, she really enjoyed it.
I suppose that at this point it will not make a difference for her.
She may as well enjoy herself.

I just got back form "back to school night" and I am really tired.
My computer is acting up and the darn garage door that we just got fixed (less than a week ago) is broken again. Repair man said "gee, sorry, I guess you need a new one."
But I will keep the 75 bucks that you payed me.
I got to be crawling in to bed before I fall asleep in front of the computer.
Good night ML and all her chicks!
Hope all our scales behave in the morning!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

The friends will be our friend from now on. Down. Down. Down

Sweet thin dreams.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
ML so happy for your new weight. I knew you would want to go lower when you reached the first goal. Well it is easier for you now so I say go for the gold. You never seem to reach 1300 on UD. I think that is helping. Moving to a new home will be lots of exercise but since you can leave your things in the bus you can take your time.

Heather our computer is giving us trouble too. May need a new one. We looked at wireless ones. Ed is a Mac fan so that's all we get. I sure wish the TV could have less wires. Ed got a few new things for the TV and some of the wires were removed but not enough. I guess some people put them in the wall but we can't. Let Mom enjoy everything. My Mom couldn't eat. Prayers for mom and a fast cure.

I am at my lowest weight in the am. ML that's amazing you weigh your lowest in the afternoon. That's why I like Dr appts in the am for a true weight.

I wish I had a washer as big as the one at the laundromat. It has a shorter cycle too. There was a sad lady there who looked like a homeless person. She was trying to wash clothes and didn't have enpugh money so I paid for her. She had only a few teeth and needed to wash herself too. It made me realize that our problems although significant to us are minimal compared to that poor lady's. It made me really appreciate my clean home and being able to take a bath when I want.

The nursing home said we could bring FIL dog for a visit. The facility has a beautiful yard. We will bring the great grandkids too.

Ed is exhausted from the marathon of completing the room. I guess my final project will be on hold for awhile. He would never allow anyone else to do it.

BIL has been eating with us the last few days. I made some yummy recipes without tasting them, but they liked them both. One was a lemon cream sauce over pasta with different cheeses and arugula and the other was aroz con pollo. I quickly froze the leftovers to avoid temptation. Tonight I am trying a new broccoli dish in preparation for Thanksgiving. I always make new dishes a few times so I can tweak them as needed. Believe it or not last year I made the whole Thanksgiving dinner without tasting one bite. I did eat the deep fried turkey though. I love to cook and wish I was a better baker like ML. If I lived closer to her I would pay her for lessons. My Mom was an excellent cook. I picked that up but not her sewing/knitting/needlepoint abilities.

Sorry for all the bla bla bla. Too much time in the nursing home with such sad people. Today I am going to read to 2 ladies and write letters to the families. Some patients have no one, really sad.

Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Linda, I love reading your posts!
I always look forward to them.

We have a Mac, it is over 6 years old and never given us any trouble until now. We are going to take it in saturday.....so if I disappear you will understand.
This has been the best, trouble free, computer we have ever had. I highly recommend them.

I know what you are saying about the bigger and faster washing machines!
Whenever mine goes out on me, and I find myself at the laundry matt, I am so surprised
how fast I can get it all done!

My heart aches for all the homeless people I run into around here. There are more and more each day.
That was so kind of you to give that dear lady some money!
I believe that any change in my purse is not mine so I give it to the rightful owners.....the homeless person, standing in front of me, who needs it.
This is a sad time.

Taking his dog to see your FIL sounds like a wonderful idea!!
Little things like that mean so so much!!!

Man do I love to cook......just got to cook the good stuff from now on!
I am getting excited about the up coming Holidays!!!
Love this time of year!

Last edited by Annabel Lee; 09-28-2012 at 09:11 AM..
Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
ML so happy for your new weight. I knew you would want to go lower when you reached the first goal. Well it is easier for you now so I say go for the gold. You never seem to reach 1300 on UD. I think that is helping. Moving to a new home will be lots of exercise but since you can leave your things in the bus you can take your time.

Heather our computer is giving us trouble too. May need a new one. We looked at wireless ones. Ed is a Mac fan so that's all we get. I sure wish the TV could have less wires. Ed got a few new things for the TV and some of the wires were removed but not enough. I guess some people put them in the wall but we can't. Let Mom enjoy everything. My Mom couldn't eat. Prayers for mom and a fast cure.

I am at my lowest weight in the am. ML that's amazing you weigh your lowest in the afternoon. That's why I like Dr appts in the am for a true weight.

I wish I had a washer as big as the one at the laundromat. It has a shorter cycle too. There was a sad lady there who looked like a homeless person. She was trying to wash clothes and didn't have enpugh money so I paid for her. She had only a few teeth and needed to wash herself too. It made me realize that our problems although significant to us are minimal compared to that poor lady's. It made me really appreciate my clean home and being able to take a bath when I want.

The nursing home said we could bring FIL dog for a visit. The facility has a beautiful yard. We will bring the great grandkids too.

Ed is exhausted from the marathon of completing the room. I guess my final project will be on hold for awhile. He would never allow anyone else to do it.

BIL has been eating with us the last few days. I made some yummy recipes without tasting them, but they liked them both. One was a lemon cream sauce over pasta with different cheeses and arugula and the other was aroz con pollo. I quickly froze the leftovers to avoid temptation. Tonight I am trying a new broccoli dish in preparation for Thanksgiving. I always make new dishes a few times so I can tweak them as needed. Believe it or not last year I made the whole Thanksgiving dinner without tasting one bite. I did eat the deep fried turkey though. I love to cook and wish I was a better baker like ML. If I lived closer to her I would pay her for lessons. My Mom was an excellent cook. I picked that up but not her sewing/knitting/needlepoint abilities.

Sorry for all the bla bla bla. Too much time in the nursing home with such sad people. Today I am going to read to 2 ladies and write letters to the families. Some patients have no one, really sad.

Linda
Linda I do have trouble getting the 1,300 kcals in on UD. Like right now. I am stuffed.
I ate Yellow fin tuna with 2 servings Dukes mayo and one serving of cut up cold green beans and a little mustard. Plus one serving of Marinated artichokes earlier today.

DIL brought us a plate each of great food for supper.
On my plate she had 4 ozs. baked skinless chicken breast and a serving of fresh steamed broccoli.

Linda you do not bla-bla-bla!
I love to read post from you too! Heather is right.

I don't think I am losing so good because of not getting the total in on UD's. I think if you don't try very hard to get as close as possible it could make your body shut weigh loss off!
Are you eating veggies yet?

Yea the nursing homes are very sad. H's mama spent a small amount of time in 2. Both times I was broken into and had to have a break. She was cribbed at a very young age with Polio.
The first time I had to put her there I would go and stay all day. I would go around and help people eat that could not feed themselves. Sad.

I promise Linda I can not bake that good. I do make a few homemade cakes and I can cook anything. And your food sounded

I'm fixing to make H. a B-Day cake, lemon. Been going to do it all day and still haven't gotten to it. Tomorrow he turns 60. He was 16 when we married and now he is 60. wooooooo I'm glad we are both now in the 60's together. It was cold out there all alone.

I hope you had a good day today at the home with grand daughters and FIL dog. Our babies and our pets are so important to keep us happy in our hearts.

Give Ed a hug from me

Linda the lady at the laundry mat will never forget you.
Many years ago I was on my way home from buying groceries and I saw a man picking up cans on the side of the road. I stopped and asked him to come to me . I reached thru the rider side window and gave him all the money I had left. He still had his hand up holding the money staring at me as I drove away. He was elderly.

Last edited by marylouise; 09-28-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh Linda, I love reading your posts!
I always look forward to them.

We have a Mac, it is over 6 years old and never given us any trouble until now. We are going to take it in saturday.....so if I disappear you will understand.
This has been the best, trouble free, computer we have ever had. I highly recommend them.

I know what you are saying about the bigger and faster washing machines!
Whenever mine goes out on me, and I find myself at the laundry matt, I am so surprised
how fast I can get it all done!

My heart aches for all the homeless people I run into around here. There are more and more each day.
That was so kind of you to give that dear lady some money!
I believe that any change in my purse is not mine so I give it to the rightful owners.....the homeless person, standing in front of me, who needs it.
This is a sad time.

Taking his dog to see your FIL sounds like a wonderful idea!!
Little things like that mean so so much!!!

Man do I love to cook......just got to cook the good stuff from now on!
I am getting excited about the up coming Holidays!!!
Love this time of year!
OH MY GOSH!!! I your machine keeps on keeping on. Yall do, do maintenance on it right? Clear cache, history and such.
My poor machine is around 12 years old. Dell.....

Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Me too! And I am cooking as low carb as I can!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ML!

How are you doing?

My husbands birthday is Oct. 1.
I will be making him a SF, Low Carb Pumpkin cheesecake.

I am kind of worried because these kind of "healthier" Low Carb treats are a problem for me.
The cheesecake takes me several hours to make and is not that cheap, so I have a hard time not eating it up when everyone has had their fill and I am afraid it is starting to go bad.
I do have a plan thought. I am going to freeze half of it right after the candles are blown out.
Leave it in the freezer for set time like at least two weeks.
It is times like this that I can really see just how bad my addiction was.

How do you handle these kind of things?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
ebeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather I dont really have an answer to that Q. I just do it.
A SF Pumpkin cheese cake sounds Awesome!!!!
That would be a great Thanksgiving treat!!! I love both ingredients.

Heather can you not just turn the switch off until you get within 20 pounds of goal and learn portion control?? I am a chocoholic. I keep the sugar free big 100% cocoa for a panic situation. I have made the hot chocolate with water and a little HWC. Thats helps me tons! Or you can make the cake in a mug thingie.....I even put Flax in that when I make one. I have not made one since starting this new woe.....Cant tell how many kcals are in it....
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
OH WOW I LOVE THAT!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

I found this on an other thread and was surprised how many carbs there are in some herbs and spices. I do use a lot of these and I think it could be why I stalled for a while. I did not count the carbs in the spices that I was eating.
I though some of you may like to take a look too.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...pice_chart.gif

Look at the chili powder and the pumpkin spice!
I have been using a lot of these.
They can really add up.

Last edited by Annabel Lee; 09-28-2012 at 10:13 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Cathleen I love that picture.
Sure wish that our scales would say that and that it would be good enough to make us feel beautiful!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Gosh Heather! I will go look. I have only been using salt and a little pepper. I do have a blend of things I got at Whole Foods in Memphis. The man said it was sugar free and it has not caused me a problem.

Have you been adding the Herbs into your food cal. site?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Cathleen I love that picture.
Sure wish that our scales would say that and that it would be good enough to make us feel beautiful!
They can and will say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Never ever give up!

Keep on doing it!!!

You are tons stronger than a carbage!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathleen I have tried to copy and paste that spice chart. Can you do it and put it here? Open and readable?
Or can you do it Heather?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

It is a GIF Image